• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Are there any issues with the Sentai Clannad Blu-Ray collections?

They're on sale at trsi and I guess I could buy them

No problems from what I've heard. Though it's worth noting that Sentai is looking at doing a collector's edition of Clannad which presumably would include both seasons plus some extras.

Of course, if you just want to get Clannad for cheap, you might as well buy now.

Dead

well not really...yet
No problems from what I've heard. Though it's worth noting that Sentai is looking at doing a collector's edition of Clannad which presumably would include both seasons plus some extras.

Of course, if you just want to get Clannad for cheap, you might as well buy now.

ffffuuuuu

cajunator

Banned
The biggest issue is that the discs are filled with bad anime.

Oh come on you can do better than that.

I'll just add that unlike people that are only taking a side with cat or dogs , i'm a proud squid representative on GAF ~de geso

#PICK YOUR SIDE

Ready for invasion as soon as we're ready to invade
Join us ! Our training program is perfect

Hnnnnnngh.

What anime is dog girls?

Dog Days!

Depends on the bear.

CUTE bear : Good
NORMAL bear : NOPE

haven't seen a bear avatar on animegaf

---------------Akame ga kill --------------------

So well i won't get into that matter because that was a mess but there is at least one change i can get behind in all of this :

I knew the anime team wouldn't forget about them.

Uhm...Thoraxes? I call him AWESOMEBEAR.

No there was a UBW one but its closed for the foreseeable future, there is a TYPE Moon thread so you can talk about FSN there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947677

I didnt see -wan!

John Blade

Well...got both seasons that is on sales right now. Wonder what extra they will put on it?

Midonin

Read or Die The TV 21-23

Hail, Hail Britannia! Britannia rules the world! No Wakamoto, but the aftermath of the OVA must've left a deep mark. The throughline from episode 21 to 23 with the nature of the negotiations, as well as the truth, and how the question first posed in the title of 21 turned out to be what was going on all along.
Anita is completely artificial, and Maggie and Michelle had their memories altered. So many questions raised. Their memories are real as in, not their own, but they are real, in the sense of them happening and shaping who the sisters are today. I'm certain their free will will win out in the end, but damn. That's quite the existential crisis to be going through at this stage of the game.
The second half of the show has been heavily serialized, even with all the downtime at Yomiko's parents' house we've been having. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.

cajunator

Banned
Read or Die The TV 21-23

Hail, Hail Britannia! Britannia rules the world! No Wakamoto, but the aftermath of the OVA must've left a deep mark. The throughline from episode 21 to 23 with the nature of the negotiations, as well as the truth, and how the question first posed in the title of 21 turned out to be what was going on all along.
Anita is completely artificial, and Maggie and Michelle had their memories altered. So many questions raised. Their memories are real as in, not their own, but they are real, in the sense of them happening and shaping who the sisters are today. I'm certain their free will will win out in the end, but damn. That's quite the existential crisis to be going through at this stage of the game.
The second half of the show has been heavily serialized, even with all the downtime at Yomiko's parents' house we've been having. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Yeah that was quite a revelation wasnt it?

Go_Ly_Dow

not very active in here these days but might as well chime in and say i'm loving this season

Fate, Parasyte, Mushi-Ishi, Shingeki, Shirobako and SAO for the lulzzz.

Clov

Well...got both seasons that is on sales right now. Wonder what extra they will put on it?

If they get around to doing it, it will probably include an artbox and an artbook. The discs themselves will likely be in digipaks. This is just an assumption I'm making based off their collector's edition sets of HotD and Chuunibyou.

If they get around to doing it, it will probably include an artbox and an artbook. The discs themselves will likely be in digipaks. This is just an assumption I'm making based off their collector's edition sets of HotD and Chuunibyou.

The JP DVD booklets had character designs/setting materials/staff interviews/storyboards/key frames, so any booklet Sentai could do would be from that. I doubt they'd pay the money to translate/license the video interview features from them.

e_i

Girlfriend BETA episode 10

Cute episode...

*Watches next episode preview*
Yaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
No Chloe, don't leave!

Akame Ga Kill 24

I know some people are annoyed by the Akame Ga Kill anime not explicitly following the manga but I don't think it's a bad thing in this case. The ending is
definitive and Night Raid accomplished what they were put together to carry out, which is overthrowing the empire so the people can start anew. Despite all the death (poor Leone) I feel that the very end was somewhat upbeat in terms of the future of the people and for Akame (I don't think she will have any problem taking down those enemies in the last scene for instance).

wonzo

Banned
based itsuki imazaki (ai mai mi)

OyPelIf.jpg

cajunator

Banned
not very active in here these days but might as well chime in and say i'm loving this season

Fate, Parasyte, Mushi-Ishi, Shingeki, Shirobako and SAO for the lulzzz.

Yeah it has been a quite entertaining season. I had higher hopes for Chaika but thats ok.

Girlfriend BETA episode 10

Cute episode...

*Watches next episode preview*
Yaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
No Chloe, don't leave!

Dropped.

PK Gaming

Cross Ange 11

Take a shot every time Hilda yells out "HUUUUHHHHHHHHH?"

I guarantee you won't live to see the end of this episode.

Anyway, the first half of this episode was kind of aimless, but it managed to get a decent footing in the latter half. They're finally, finally giving dragons some semblance of backstory which is pretty cool. Oh and Trans-M is activated with a song; how inconvenient! I'm actually looking forward to the next episode of Cross Ange. Boy, I never thought i'd say those words.

tumblr_mfzlb9ZvGP1ry9j9eo1_500.gif

cajunator

Banned
Said anime is also keeping you from watching a good anime like Gundam Build Fighters because you won't accept my watchbet offer until you finish that said anime.

One of the advantages I had growing up watching anime for a long time was I had ample free time to watch mediocre anime and didnt have to settle for just the top end stuff. I was able to experience a wider range of shows. Its unfortunate now that a lot of people dont have much free time so they have to just choose the very best anime to watch.

Akame ga Kill! End

That was a fun ride. Enjoyed watching the Minister guy go out Game of Thrones style.

Despite the shitty designs, dumb story at times, it was a fun show to watch. Hopefully the manga will have a less depressing ending.

Link Man

Banned
4 episodes into Love Lab, and I am finding it frequently hilarious (after a bit of a slow start, admittedly). Love the way the characters play off each other, and the music video in episode 4 is one of the funniest scenes I've encountered in anime.

John Blade

One of the advantages I had growing up watching anime for a long time was I had ample free time to watch mediocre anime and didnt have to settle for just the top end stuff. I was able to experience a wider range of shows. Its unfortunate now that a lot of people dont have much free time so they have to just choose the very best anime to watch.

I guess this is common as you get older and have a job like me. Your time become limited and you want to see only the best show. You only stick show you heard good thing and don't look at show that is average.

Enron

Banned
4 episodes into Love Lab, and I am finding it frequently hilarious (after a bit of a slow start, admittedly). Love the way the characters play off each other, and the music video in episode 4 is one of the funniest scenes I've encountered in anime.

I stopped watching it after 3 or 4 eps because it was boring, but i recently picked it up at ep 5 and boy does it get better.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not sure I'm going to get any good answers other than "take an art class" or "learn Japanese" but I'll ask anyway.

Is there any good way of being able to distinguish between certain animators? I'm bringing this up as I have some free time come Tuesday and the recent Animator Expo short made me realize how much I hate not being able to spot stuff like Takeshi Honda's cut for example. I'm not talking about stuff like spotting Shinya Ohira's cut, which is obvious.

I'm still working my way through that Disney animation book and I plan on reading The Animator's Survival Kit.

cajunator

Banned
I guess this is common as you get older and have a job like me. Your time become limited and you want to see only the best show. You only stick show you heard good thing and don't look at show that is average.

True. I started around 16 and I was in high school and into college I had plenty of time to spare watching the stuff. Especially since I was in a very active anime club. Man those were some awesome times.

Love Lab is hilarious and awesome. Youll enjoy it thoroughly.

survivor

Banned
The decline of Kokkuri-san into yet another dumb 4koma anime adaption is pretty sad. They really had something special going on with the first episode and then it steadily went downhill.

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 1

Aww, snap! Kirito is back, and he's gonna answer the call of duty. Another virtual game with more people dropping dead, and only Kirito can save the day. Also, Asuna is cuter than ever and I'd give Sinon's ass a 6/10.

Oh, and what was with Kirito at the cafe? Does he have a thing for cakes or did I miss something? It looked like he was struggling reading the menu.

Jarmel

Banned
I really wish Heroman had done more with the concept. Something larger in scale like globetrotting/countrytrotting.

The show just felt too restrictive at times in terms of scope.

Furyous

Dog Days is back? Bring back fluffy princess and the human that loved petting the foxes/dogs whatever those animals were.

All I remember from season two is the weak human befriending a weaker animal and her learning magic.

*rewatches dog days season 2*

Dead

well not really...yet
Just placed the order for the 2 Clannad Blu-Ray sets.

Apparently the last time I ordered from TRSI was in 2007

7 years ago. lawd

The decline of Kokkuri-san into yet another dumb 4koma anime adaption is pretty sad. They really had something special going on with the first episode and then it steadily went downhill.

I just totally forgot to watch it the last few weeks. Looks like many did the same in here, too

I really wish Heroman had done more with the concept. Something larger in scale like globetrotting/countrytrotting.

The show just felt too restrictive at times in terms of scope.

I would have liked an episode where Heroman and the MC go on a road trip to protect the rest of the got'dang patriotic cities. Like the aliens decide to make Mount Rushmore into walking robot spiders or something. Stan Lee am disappoint.

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 2

This episode was all about Sinon, and what a badass she is. Dodging bullets and using a sniper gun midair like a boss. I'm upgrading her ass to 7/10. The multiple shots we got of it this episode has given me a better appreciation for it.

And lol, those plant monsters still love them some Silica. Good to see last season's waifus are still with us,

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu! - 4

In the first half, we have art class gone horribly wrong.

In the second half we have the first occurrence of the ever-beloved Bonta-Kun! It was at this episode where I lost some of my respect for Amagi Brilliant Park.

Another funny episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom