• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 11:

The day that Adou Saga graced the presence was he most important day of Yuuma Kousaka's life but for him it was Tuesday.

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - 5

So in this episode a
janitor goes completely yandere once he learns that Sousuke and near-sighted Domon caught a fish he raised in a pond for years was cooked and fed to him.

This show. This entire freaking show guys.
This show , this show indeed , the entire fumoffu season is magnificent.

selector spread WIXOSS ep2:

Remember Akira, the ur-Okada psychopath fashion model who tried to STAB RUKO TO DEATH IN A WAREHOUSE because she failed to become an Eternal Girl and her desire to be more beautiful than Iona resulted in her getting a giant scar on her face?

Well, SHE'S BACK AND STILL FUKKEN NUTS.

This time, though, there's sweet schadenfreude because she's getting played like a total chump by Ulith, Iona's LRIG who inhabited Iona's body after Iona became Ruko's new LRIG. As mentioned in a previous post, it turns out that Iona's wish was to become the LRIG of an even stronger WIXOSS player so that she can experience more intense battles. To this end, Ulith is obligated to fulfill Iona's wish and does so by using various methods to coax duelists into fighting Ruko.

The first and most obvious WIXOSS player ripe for manipulation? Akira, of course. Akira FUCKING DESPISED Iona to the point that her Eternal Girl wish entirely revolved around being more beautiful and successful than Iona. We're shown that Akira has apparently been living in seclusion since losing her beautiful face; this changes when Ulith-in-Iona's-body arrives with a VAN FULL OF MAKEUP and convinces Akira to cover over her scar. Ulith attempts to further gain Akira's trust by falsely confessing that she admired Akira while she was still Iona's LRIG.

This leads to what is undeniably two of the most Okada minutes ever:

http://a.pomf.se/uosyot.webm

Like, seriously, I don't even know what to say after this.
Akira falls in love with Ulith, but the moment that she finally goes deredere and tells Ulith that her heart is healed, Ulith scolds her because HER HATRED was what made her beautiful. Akira begs forgiveness for betraying Ulith's expectations, and Ulith states that Akira can redeem herself by dueling Ruko.

ULITH SEDUCED A CRAZY GIRL IN THE BODY OF THAT GIRL'S WORST ENEMY FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF TURNING HER INTO FODDER TO FEED HER WORST ENEMY'S TRADING CARD ADDICTION. Amazing. I can only hope that Akira descends to even deeper levels of psychopathy when she finally realizes that she's still being used by Iona.

Now that's when you realise that Wixoss has a freaking story that was carefully planning the most madness possible while playing on everyone expectation. That second season is just .. just .. damn enjoy it , we're ready for the finale.

Damn this whole Aria series is lame

Hidan no aria NOT! edition

The synopsis for that is ... well , unexpected.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 11

Easily the strongest episode of Try so far. We've finally encountered an opponent that can stand against the Try Fighters and Saga's rough attitude created a lot of enjoyment throughout the battle. And it looks like we'll see the glorious Meijin III enter battle once again next episode with an amazing new gunpla. If they can keep this momentum going they might be able to redeem the weak start of the season from here.

Anime ja nai.

wonzo

Banned
Anime Mirai 2014: The Big First-Grader and the Small Second-Grader
bigfirstgrader.jpg
bigfirstgradera.jpg

wasn't expecting much from this so i was pretty surprised when it turned out to be a really nice and relaxed story about two grade schoolers and growing up. definitely worth checking out!

fwiw, it doesn't really need a translation. There's not a lot of dialogue and what is there is extremely basic and can also be inferred from visual/sound cues.
if that's the case then it's all the more bizarre some fansub group didn't bother with it ._.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Its one of the best anime from thar year, stopped in point before materiall goes to shit too.

The music also godlike.
I dunno. I tried reading the MGX manga once and there was some sweet Parent Trap role swapping action.

That latest Yowapedal episode, like holy fuck calm your shit
he fucking dropped out of the race, he's not fucking dead, like 'he was a great man' really? Was? Hes like a mile behind, he'll still be there when the race is over, he did his part, so stop with your fucking internal eulogies and your insane shock faces. He's not dead and he's still the best character in the show.

Seriously, that shit always pisses me off in anime, overreacting by like a million miles, still a great show, though I think it's impossible for me to not enjoy a sports anime.

That latest Yowapedal episode, like holy fuck calm your shit
he fucking dropped out of the race, he's not fucking dead, like 'he was a great man' really? Was? Hes like a mile behind, he'll still be there when the race is over, he did his part, so stop with your fucking internal eulogies and your insane shock faces. He's not dead and he's still the best character in the show.

Seriously, that shit always pisses me off in anime, overreacting by like a million miles, still a great show, though I think it's impossible for me to not enjoy a sports anime.

I just have a hard time believing if the people on the sidelines are ever seeing these expressions people are making and etc. Though it was most awkward
when it was onoda yelling about arakita falling behind to onoda's own teammates, but I guess they did become friends of sorts

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - 5

So in this episode a
janitor goes completely yandere once he learns that Sousuke and near-sighted Domon caught a fish he raised in a pond for years was cooked and fed to him.

This show. This entire freaking show guys.

It's amazing, we know. And it shall only get better from here, good sir.

Midonin

Encouragement of Climb S2 23

There's one more episode to go, but this was clearly the emotional climax of everything that's been built up to since the first season. Everything worked out satisfactorily. Kokona got to celebrate her birthday, there's a photograph to remember the occasion, and the scenery is beautiful. Congratulations, Aoi and Hinata. Look at that world, ain't it a thing.

This show , this show indeed , the entire fumoffu season is magnificent.

It's amazing, we know. And it shall only get better from here, good sir.

I still haven't even gotten to the critically acclaimed rugby episode yet. I haven't found an anime with consistent humour like this since Nozaki-Kun. Speaking of, I should really get back to finishing that some time.

Brave King GaoGaiGar episode 27:

Well, shit.

Ooh, I remember really liking this set of episodes. The
final battle with EI-01 is one of my favourite scenes from the show.

Theres really never any competition for Kuroyukihime. Chiyo kind of likes Haru but more as a friend.
it never goes into a stupid harem mode.

I really hope it stays that way.

Accel World - 5

Okay, this show just accelerated itself into awesome territory.

I really hope they don't retcon the romance between Haru and Kuroyukihime at all in this series because with this and the last episode I really like the romance between these two. She told him why she loved him, and even went so far as to sacrifice 99% of her points to save Haru's life.

So seeing him stand up to someone he considered a good friend to protect her really was a good move by the writer. They could have just made him the standard bad guy who'd be there just so Haru could show off his husbando status a la Kirito. But no, making it Taku and having the fight between him and Haru was some really decent character development for the both of them.

One question though, is Kuroyukihime going to be another C.C. case where we never know her real name?

In any case though, I'm really into this show now after this episode.

Branduil

punishing peeps that only vote for a handful of things would solve this imo

I feel like that would just result in people filling up their list with terrible anime, worsening the problem.

The nice thing about a separate shorts/OVA list is that it's self-selecting. Only people who actually watch shorts/OVAs would vote in it. If it's just one big list, the votes for shorts will get drowned out by the casual anime watcher votes.

Midonin

Librarian 11

Why choose to be a Shepherd just when the Tsugumi route is starting to materialize? I'm not sure if he's going to disappear or not, but it looks like it'll be a satisfactory finale. Senri gets to sing, the festival goes on, and it'll be a happy ending for all. Of the three VN shows, it's had the least amount of "twists", but enough to make for an interesting ride.

Himemiya

Mush every category in AOTY voting together so I can put Kaguya-hime near the top of my list.

So glad I took the plunge when cdjapan was still giving away free bags. I didn't expect to get one for each BD! They all look so nice.

Almost regret not getting another so I could make a Simpsons joke.

Those really do look nice. But are you saying the bags aren't available anymore?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Madoka Rebellion, technically. Since it didn't "qualify" for last year's vote.

BEST

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought that would be under/with the shorts category.
OVAs usually have more in common with movies than they do shorts. Even within "shorts" you have episodic stuff running weekly on TV which contrasts heavily with something like an Animator Expo short.

It's hard to say how much this really matters. Last year's episodic shorts were almost universally ignored when stacked against television, and OVAs floundered inside the movie category.

Le Chevalier D'Eon 24 (End)

It certainly was enjoyable even with the supernatural take on historical events. Not that I knew enough about the French history to appreciate it. Each arc was pretty interesting, but the final one went a bit too fast for me, especially since it had to tie up as much loose ends as possible and handle resolution for each main character.

Anyone have recommendations for anime with a historical backdrop? Accuracy not required.

Accel World - 5

One question though, is Kuroyukihime going to be another C.C. case where we never know her real name?

In any case though, I'm really into this show now after this episode.

Answer for spoiler : YES

The characters knows it , but the audience doesn't.that won't budge unless we get a AW S3

Himemiya

Le Chevalier D'Eon 24 (End)

It certainly was enjoyable even with the supernatural take on historical events. Not that I knew enough about the French history to appreciate it. Each arc was pretty interesting, but the final one went a bit too fast for me, especially since it had to tie up as much loose ends as possible and handle resolution for each main character.

Anyone have recommendations for anime with a historical backdrop? Accuracy not required.
Can't beat Rose of Versailles

Vito

Banned

Via ultimatemegax:

Yuki-chan anime staff:

Planning: Takeshi Yasuda
Director: Junichi Wada
Series Composition: Touko Machida
Character Designer: Ikuko Itoh
Animation Production: Satelite
Production: North High Literature Club

Cast: