• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam TRY Ep. 11

That Perfect Gundam III entrance was so over-the-top and I loved every single moment of it. Meijin stronk!

This has easily been the best battle of the series thus far because the main characters actually didn't stand a chance or asspull their way to a win against their foe. Hell they didn't even pose a real threat to him.

~wan wan

Tenumi

Banned
A show focused around Nagato is not my cup of tea.

The series died a while ago, is there really money to still be made there?

Jarmel

Banned
As someone with no horse in this race, is that a good thing or a bad thing to announce?

I don't even know. This is seemingly the first major production the director has done. Satelight has at times put out good work but they are highly inconsistent. Machida did the series composition for Idolm@ster but has also pumped out a ton of fujoshit and did the script for Chaika(both seasons). They all seem to have done good work at some point but yea...

The Devil Is a Part-Timer! 08

bzEZECz.jpg

Team Rocket up to no good again? :p

Problems with all kinds of rivals, a (not so) shocking reveal and shopping.

Jex

That's another reason I don't like combined lists. Films and TV series are completely different mediums.

That's right. It would be like saying "have a top American live action media projects" rather an individually listing rating TV shows and movies.

phaze

Burn it with holy water.

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO 02

zzzzzz Boring and awfully predictable. Going to drop this. Someone pls tell me that the little sister meets a most gruesome death imaginable.

Ore Twintail ni Narimasu 02-03

This on the other hand is surprisingly decent. Finally, I have learnt the strenght and beauty of true twintails. Though I fear the effect of novelty and absudness is wearing off.

Is Parasyte taking a break this week ?

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO 02

zzzzzz Boring and awfully predictable. Going to drop this. Someone pls tell me that the little sister meets a most gruesome death imaginable.

It's not as predictable as you think it is, believe me. It drops a lot of flags in the first half of the show but it goes in a really interesting direction with them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having bothered to read the rest of the light novels, honestly, a third series of Haruhi isn't really needed. Or they could just cut the fat and jump to the last two books since a lot of the stories felt a bit fillerish.

I can't believe after all these books the characters have only progressed one year!

Having bothered to read the rest of the light novels, honestly, a third series of Haruhi isn't really needed. Or they could just cut the fat and jump to the last two books since a lot of the stories felt a bit fillerish.

I can't believe after all these books the characters have only progressed one year!

Japanese Simpsons

Vito

Banned
Well Yuki-chan is based on a manga (licensed by Yen Press)

Yuki Nagato, the shy president of the literature club, has never been very sure of herself around other people. But around Kyon, the only boy in the tiny, three-person club, Yuki finds herself faltering even more than usual. For Kyon, and for her precious club, Yuki must find her confidence and let her true personality shine! Enjoy taking a fresh look at your favorite characters in this brand-new story set in the world of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!

coverimage1041632.jpg

NeonZ

Really for a semi major franchise, that staff list is the biggest 'wut' moment I've had in a long ass while.

This is a non canon spin off without all the supernatural elements though. Eva's equivalent of this didn't even get animated.

Serious

As someone with no horse in this race, is that a good thing or a bad thing to announce?

For an adaption? Satelight's a mixed bag. Relatively recent adaptions they've done have been Mouretsu Pirates, Muv Luv: TE, Log Horizon S1, White Album 2 and Vanadis.

I love the studio, but that doesn't mean anything for Haruhi when most of their notable shows for me have been originals (Symphogear, Macross, AKB0048).

Mitch

Banned
Once I finish catching up with Always Sunny and rewatching Cowboy Bebop, I really need to check out a number of these shows. Towards the end of October I was watching Sword Art II, Log Horizon 2 and Akame ga Kill.

I'm pretty far behind, since I haven't seen an episode since the week of October 31st.

Any of the Fall shows take priority?

Noragami - 09

Well that's one hell of Ablution. Good guy Daikoku going out for help, and now Kazuma got that debt settled.
For all I care it could've ended in failure. But Yato's will demands it, so be it. Hopefully this now means Yukine improves.

Jex

Once I finish catching up with Always Sunny and rewatching Cowboy Bebop, I really need to check out a number of these shows. Towards the end of October I was watching Sword Art II, Log Horizon 2 and Akame ga Kill.

I'm pretty far behind, since I haven't seen an episode since the week of October 31st.

The only good show airing this season is Shirobako. Parasyte and Bahamut are merely "okay".

phaze

It's not as predictable as you think it is, believe me. It drops a lot of flags in the first half of the show but it goes in a really interesting direction with them.

Tbh I struggle to even think of one thing I enjoyed in those two episodes. Not my cup of coffee I guess.

Give Shingeki no Bahamut a try.

Harmonie

Hmm, I think I only liked the scene at the beginning and at the end. It got a bit too fantastical in the middle. That's the point I know, but it's just personal preference.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Le Chevalier D'Eon 24 (End)

It certainly was enjoyable even with the supernatural take on historical events. Not that I knew enough about the French history to appreciate it. Each arc was pretty interesting, but the final one went a bit too fast for me, especially since it had to tie up as much loose ends as possible and handle resolution for each main character.

Anyone have recommendations for anime with a historical backdrop? Accuracy not required.

Night Raid 1931 - It's like the X-Men meet James Bond meet some film noir flick, set in China during the interwar period. It's kinda dry and should've had a lot more action, but there's so fun to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom