• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finally finished my marathon of watching One (Wan) Piece. Chugged through 674 episodes in just a few months. My favorite show of the year but I haven't watched anything from the fall season... so what should I watch? GBF Try, Shirobako and Parasyte were the first three I were going to check out first. And I guess Wixoss. Maybe. Just wondering what other folks thought were the must see shows of the season were (if there are any)

Just choose what you like and don't give a shit if someone doesn't think its "high brow quality anime that advances the medium".

Personally Witch Craft Works was my favorite of the year.

~wan

This year there will be no Yamato Miracle.

Ping Pong BELIEVE

Finally finished my marathon of watching One (Wan) Piece. Chugged through 674 episodes in just a few months. My favorite show of the year but I haven't watched anything from the fall season... so what should I watch? GBF Try, Shirobako and Parasyte were the first three I were going to check out first. And I guess Wixoss. Maybe. Just wondering what other folks thought were the must see shows of the season were (if there are any)

Shirobako has been the most consistently good show of the season, very few weak points.
Shingeki no Bahamut and Parasyte are also pretty good.

Just choose what you like and don't give a shit if someone doesn't think its "high brow quality anime that advances the medium".

~wan

It certainly had the best ED.*

Apparently so.

So wish others could learn how to just relax and watch... it's the fun way to go. No drama, no intense analysis... just... fun...

Hard to have fun when current anime is all shit.

Jokes aside it's probably also partially how there's a bit of hostility from some in the community to the point others don't ever get fully comfortable for fear of getting mocked.

and I wish others could learn to actually think about they watch

I burst out laughing. I love your sassiness. But not your dislike of Fate Zero.

This year there will be no Yamato Miracle.

The most awkward show to recommend at the time.

Go_Ly_Dow

As stated by Jex Mushi-ishi is art.

The show has something nothing else has and simply gets it.

The creators are very likely not human.

Tenumi

Banned

~wan

Heck, I love the heck out of To Love-ru, and that's nowhere close to top of the line in any catagory (That is google approved, anyhow).

I'll admit, yeah, people can and should analyze what they watch. That's not quite my style, but for those that prefer it, go ahead.

Point is, everybody does things differently, enjoys different things, and no opinion is more correct than another.

Noragami - 09

Well that's one hell of Ablution. Good guy Daikoku going out for help, and now Kazuma got that debt settled.
For all I care it could've ended in failure. But Yato's will demands it, so be it. Hopefully this now means Yukine improves.

Oh don't worry, after getting 'fixed' he'll...doh, still just whine his ass off for other reasons :(

My AOTY

gdaq7gP.gif

join me brothers

Hattori

Banned
[Kokkori-san]

This show is just hits the spot for me, Kohina and Kokkori-san is a perfect combo. Their back and forth are just plain entertaining.

Man, am missing Ping Pong, Space Dandy, Mushi-ishi. Doubt I'll watch these in time...

Eh, best thing is knowing there still plenty great shows to watch in the future :>

Crocodile

Speaking of Mushishi, what are the standout episodes of the year to watch? I've always recognized the show's quality but its often hard for me to sit through some episodes and I don't know why. It took me a LONG time to finish the first season and I'm way behind on the second. I want to know which episodes are "can't miss" from this season so I can put it in the right spot on my AOTY vote.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To be fair, the winners were already decided long ago so we don't really need to bother with a poll or thread.

aoty2014.jpg

Besides, I already spent £4k commissioning the trophy.

Looks like the Pyscho-Pass movie will have an advanced screening in two days and is rated R15+

And what the fuck at the third Berserk movie (the Eclipse one) being only R15+.
What the hell did Mardock Scramble do to get R18+ if the Eclipse ain't?

I recall there being an R15 and R18 version. I think the blu-ray version is the R18 version, my understanding is that the latter is much more graphic during the.... scene and doesn't have a music video. I also own it and don't recall any censoring.

I recall there being an R15 and R18 version. I think the blu-ray version is the R18 version, my understanding is that the latter is much more graphic during the.... scene and doesn't have a music video. I also own it and don't recall any censoring.

That would make sense, because some of the scenes in that are extremely graphic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey, at least we're not suggesting ideas like best character or best OP and ED. Though who would be so silly as to come up with those kinds of suggestions anyway?

Vito

Banned
Looks like the Pyscho-Pass movie will have an advanced screening in two days and is rated R15+

And what the fuck at the third Berserk movie (the Eclipse one) being only R15+.
What the hell did Mardock Scramble: The First Compression do to get R18+ if the Eclipse ain't?

Look up KentaiFilm's notes on it, I don't want to link it here due to the NSFW nature of the material. Basically they edited the theatrical Berserk a bit (darkened some stuff, etc.). Though ironically the R-15 version shows more in one cut, lol.

As for Mardoc Scramble, I forgot, but I know there are two cuts, since Sentai in all its wisdom managed to released the censored theatrical cut on the DVD first versus the Director's Cut which was then available on the subsequent DVD/BD release.

cajunator

Banned
Apparently so.

So wish others could learn how to just relax and watch... it's the fun way to go. No drama, no intense analysis... just... fun...

I agree with you :)

~wan

See this cutie? Listen to him!

Wherever goes the best Miyukichi goes the AOTY. God bless Nozaki-kun.

See this other cutie? Listen to him too!

Blusby

and I wish others could learn to actually think about they watch

It's all anime so it's all gonna be bad anyway, ya like what ya like.

Anyways, just watched the Chaika finale and damn I couldn't help myself, I lost it when
Niva just totally dips on Gaz and is like "I have personality."

Now the first season was anything but stellar, I wouldn't even call it good but Avenging Battle was pretty terrible. I heard that there was a lot of stuff cut so it's a shame that it could have possibly turned out decent but what can ya do.

Midonin

Chocotto Sister Advent Calendar Day 17

Yurika, you really oughta know by now that Choco has no interest in romance. Her tsundereness is becoming cute, and the return of the kids from the kindergarten was an alright callback. I was hoping for more Chitose, though. Always more Chitose.

Kiddy Grade 04-06

Episode 5 was my favorite of this batch. Having Eclair and Lumiere get caught up in two separate, yet related plots, and end up regrouping without planning on it to foil both of them made for some fun writing. Episode 6's plane hijacking and 4's sexy wrestling both had their appeals. It really feels like Eclair's at the front of the show. Perhaps it's because her abilities are better suited for it, while Lumiere's really more of a support type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom