• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura

I recall reading in a TTGL article that the most time/effort/budget are spent on the beginning and end of most anime, hence my previous post. So it's possible that things won't look this bad by the last couple of episodes or so.

Ehh, I don't really know about that. I've seen plenty of shows where the animation falls apart at the end. It's not like this is a case of a few questionable scenes, or some long pauses with characters standing around doing nothing, with all the animation clearly going into the battle scenes or something. This is just all around bad. To me these poor budget episodes feel more like, if they didn't do this, then they wouldn't even be able to afford to do the last episodes.

Ehh, I don't really know about that. I've seen plenty of shows where the animation falls apart at the end. It's not like this is a case of a few questionable scenes, or some long pauses with characters standing around doing nothing, with all the animation clearly going into the battle scenes or something. This is just all around bad. To me these poor budget episodes feel more like, if they didn't do this, then they wouldn't even be able to afford to do the last episodes.

The low budget nature of this show was evident from the beginning although there are some nice cuts throughout (some shown on sakugabooru). I remember someone mentioning that episode 10 was outsourced to a Korean studio.

I don't think the previous comment was meant to address budget/time starved shows, it was more of a general statement IIRC.

Rhapsody

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 10

Catching up on the episodes I've missed. Things are getting serious now, only 10 days left.
Got a lot of good backstory on both Latifa and Kanie in this one.

Branduil

Selector Spread WIXOSS 1

iJ6BJtXWbe9nl.jpg
ikFTf526eDaOl.jpg

iDkkGFVVlI3z0.jpg
i8kdyd9gmhobE.jpg

Lots of unnecessary recap but then we went full Okada at the end.

Rhapsody

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 11

The idea of getting more guests by doing a sponsorship with the stadium was a pretty cool idea. Was wondering how they were going to get a boost in numbers before this. Although them running short at the very end was to be expected. Things are getting pretty tense though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Guys Psycho-Pass 2 ends today!!!! Who's excited?! :)

ME! ME! ME!
I sure hope a shark came out of nowhere and eat KIrito.

Bahamut 10

Okay, the endgame is here, and Favaro turned into demon for real this time.

Inou battle 11

July dating two girl like it's nothing. SWAG
The final scene though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Magic Kaito 9-10

Wasn't expecting such a long arc, it's still going!

The crossovers are always fun, so I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Makes me hope crunchyroll puts the old Conan episodes up sometime. I've read it, but I didn't get that far in the anime though.

Rhapsody

Banned
In Yugioh, there was an episode where the loser would get their legs sawn off if they lost the game. So yeah, these card game shows...

I forgot if the 4kids anime edited the spinning saw or just said that it'd send them to the shadow realm.

I know they used that excuse for skyscraper and anchor matches...

fertygo

Gundam Build Fighter Try - 11

3 good episode in a row.. aw yiss, I seen light at the end of tunnel, new set of opponent seem very cool and upgrade than anything in first half.

Mecha animation still quite rough tho, fuck you G-Loco.

Gundam Build Fighter Try - 11

3 good episode in a row.. aw yiss, I seen light at the end of tunnel, new set of opponent seem very cool and upgrade than anything in first half.

Mecha animation still quite rough tho, fuck you G-Loco.

You almost had me ready to undrop this until that last line.

ibyea

Banned
As horrible a person Haruhi is, there are plenty of stuff that would be lost too. Like Kyon's voice. I don't mean his literal voice. I mean that in a literary sense, which the anime adaptation maintained. I don't think everything is peachy with the source material, but there were good parts. And I say all this with the understanding that Haruhi is a horrible person, one that greatly annoys me personally, but actually gets well done characterization and character development, and is an actual person within the story.

Also, I just read the 1st chapter Yuki chan manga, and quiet frankly it's terrible all around. The comedy just outright falls flat in its face, for example. As for why Kyon is in the literary club, I don't freaking know. He's just there to get Yuki together with Kyon. The characters in it are not people, they are vehicles for the shipping. The secondary characters are just there to tease them into being with each other. Quiet honestly I don't get it.

Black Hat

Yuki-chan's better than the main series anyway. Kind of like how Railgun's better than Index.

Railgun is much better than Index, but I don't follow your logic with this one.

Yuki-chan is an alternate universe retelling where the characters have all turned boring. Meh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thats not Baby Steps
Well provide an image of Baby Steps holding the AotY 2014 award in show and we'll consider it.

Oh yeah. I forgot the second season came out this year. Now to find where to put in my AOTY list
Glad I reminded someone. Easy to forget the shows from the beginning of the year.

The movie was good? Could have fooled me.
"Could have fooled me" = no duckroll hype.
No duckroll hype = it will be good
Ergo it was good.

Can't say I was particularly fond of The Disappearance of Haruhi. It was well directed and animated but the characters and plot of the series that never managed to get me particularly excited didn't succeed in doing so in the movie either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom