• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSYCHO PASS 2 - 11

I liked it .

I might be in the minority but i liked this turn of events.

I like the fact that this subtle change in sybil has much potential for the future , i like kamui as a character even if i don't love him as a vilain .

I like that they didn't redeem that stupid inspector, even if they made her grow a little

Psycho pass 2 had , now that i think about it 2(?) problems
-Not enough episodes
-A vilain that wasn't charismatic enough.( i'm talking about kamui , there )
-Lack of develloppement for the rest of the cast

The bolded is the bniggest offender , PP2 lack those episode where you're expending your world and seeing things from a different perspective. GITS 2nd gig did this masterfully with flashback , and episode centered on 1 character , but Psycho pass didn't have the time to do that.

Togane was alright , but in the end it felt forced , i mean he obviously was evil , but that's because he was made that way and it kinda cheapened the deal.

If PP was 8/10 i'd guess PP2 is 6.5/10 it was still PP , but without the added flavor and it showed.

Psycho-Pass 2 11 END

OH MY GOD STOP ASKING WHAT COLOR EVERYTHING IS

Why did this even exist? I think what's her face (Yayoi?) did even LESS this season then the first one, and that's a damn accomplishment. Nothing of consequence happened. Sibyl obaa-chan died and then just came back? Akane became friendsies with Kamui for like no reason? Was I supposed to know the guy who had the sniper Dominator? It looked like glasses-kun knew him. Why does it seem like psycho pass numbers are just being randomly assigned now? Eyepatch girl only gets a knockout but Togane gets like 800 or something? What did Togane do that was worse then Kirito-kun, slice his mommy with some scissors? I know he blackens peoples hue but is that really worse then killing a bunch of civilians?

??????? Duckroll help me
Were you not paying attention to the plot ?

It has been established that one of sibyl brains is that obaa-chan at a time, that's how it works , outsiders see the same woman , but depending on the issue at hand sybil put one of the brain composing sybil to control that body and it choose witch brain according to the issue to solve. During season 2 it was mostly that one woman , but in season 1 there was multiple brain/persona involved.

Akane didn't become friendly with kamui for no reason , her reasonning was explained last episode. It was her belief that sybil and kamui must meet , in order to solve the inconsistency that kamui can't be judged by sybil . Sybil then changed his viewpoint and didn't decide on a case to case basis but collectively.
Meaning a collective Sybil can judge a kamui that is a collection of entities. The paradox ends

Yes you were supposed to know the guy with the sniper dominator , they spend 2 episodes with him on the harbor He was the sole survivor outside the main cast and actually did things Heck he had 3 eps of screen time in season 2

Psycho pass number aren't randomly assigned. Sybil , now a collective entity ( including the one who pull the trigger ) are just adjusting to their new status. That was like the entire point of the second season.

Eyepatch girl was drugged and under kamui influence , her number couldn't go above a level where she could be killed by a dominator. This has been shown multiples times in S2 too.
Togane gets 899 because his hobby is to make other people numbers go up, considering the sybil system , he las the higest number ( explained 3 times in season 2 ) so i dunno what you want more for explanations.heck in his flashback he was killing things for a hobby under the care of his mother and HE killed several people in this season alone and was shown to have murdered his own mother .

Seriously weren't you paying attention to the story ? They were literrally PUtting all the clues in own faces SEVERAL TIMES so that everyone would get it .

Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri TV anime annnounced

http://gate-anime.com/

Can't wait for all these new anime fans to proclaim Rory as best girl.

img000014vduzt.jpg

Rightfully so might I add.

ibyea

Banned
PSYCHO PASS 2 - 11

I liked it .

I like the fact that this subtle change in sybil has much potential for the future , i like kamui as a character even if i don't love him as a vilain .

I like that they didn't redeem that stupid inspector, even if they made her grow a little

-Not enough episodes

The bolded is the bniggest offender , PP2 lack those episode where you're expending your world and seeing things from a different perspective. GITS 2nd gig did this masterfully with flashback , and episode centered on 1 character , but Psycho pass didn't have the time to do that.

Togane was alright , but in the end it felt forced , i mean he obviously was evil , but that's because he was made that way and it kinda cheapened the deal.

If PP was 8/10 i'd guess PP2 is 6.5/10 it was still PP , but without the added flavor and it showed.

So not as good as season one. I will watch it anyways because I do want to see what happens and I did like season one. So, does the quantity of pretentious philosophical quote remain the same? I did not like that about the first season.

Just got my order from RightStuf and man, it's been a long time since I got the complete series of anything and it kind of blew my mind at how small these sets were lol. Before I only had the complete series of Noir, .hack, Chrono Crusade and Evangelion but just one of those takes up as much space as all 3 series I got today lol.

javac

A bit late to the party but I picked up the Kill La Kill Blu-ray. Part 1 of 3. It's a really nice set. Sturdy matte box with glossy bits on the front and back, with the full 188 page Key Art Book. Part Two should be out around April Next year...long wait :0

cajunator

Banned
A bit late to the party but I picked up the Kill La Kill Blu-ray. Part 1 of 3. It's a really nice set. Sturdy matte box with glossy bits on the front and back, with the full 188 page Key Art Book. Part Two should be out around April Next year...long wait :0

Awesome. Is this a UK set?

Just got my order from RightStuf and man, it's been a long time since I got the complete series of anything and it kind of blew my mind at how small these sets were lol. Before I only had the complete series of Noir, .hack, Chrono Crusade and Evangelion but just one of those takes up as much space as all 3 series I got today lol.

yeah. Bluray sets are so compact compared to the literal dvd bricks of ten years ago. Very nice if you have to conserve space! Those series you mentioned especially had 6 or 7 volumes and in the case of my Kiddy Grade and Stellvia sets it was 8 discs!

Ffffffff Right Stuff. My order was supposed to be here today and it isn't

Rightstuf ships on time. Any delay is because of the carrier.

e_i

Denki-ga episode 12

Wow, I've got to try assuming the legs up position and making an orgasm face at my next employee meeting.

Yeah, I never skip Hikaru Nara from Goose House. That opening is just too good every time I listen to it. :d

It was a fine episode. Even though Kousei didn't make it, he's making progress as a person. The train scene and especially the one with the fireflies was beautiful. So many death flags for Kaori though. Her medical condition, medicines and that quote at the end. ;__; Hope it will end well.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT'S COMING
and it's still sad :(

That last scene was beautiful though.

I just hope it isnt super cliched or predictable. Cause we can all see from 10 miles away where this is heading. THROW US A CURVEBALL.

Yes, the OP is amazing. I feel so goofy cause I sing along to it too, the chorus part at least. Only when I'm alone though >_>

javac

Awesome. Is this a UK set?

Yep :) It's actually really nicely put together. I'm usually finicky about digipaks and such but it's all well made with nice fit and finish.

Speaking of Anime Limited, here's their Q1 line-up for next year in the UK
January:

• Giovanni's Island Ultimate
  • Giovanni's Island BD
  • Giovanni's Island DVD
  • Blood Lad Collector's Edition BD
  • Blood Lad DVD

February:

• Tiger & Bunny standard edition BD
  • Perfect Blue standard edition BD

March:

• Wings of Honneamise Collector's BD/DVD
  • Wings of Honneamise DVD
  • The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star BD (finally)
  • The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star DVD (finally)
Q2 to follow soon :).

Escaflowne is planned for UK Blu-ray release in Q2 or Q3 next year. They are also interested in bringing some more Satoshi-Kon works over, and interested in securing Gunbuster.

Space Dandy episode 11

That episode was pretty great. I love the pencil art (idk how else to describe it) once Dandy enters the Library. That ending though,
Am I to understand that a videotape sparked a galactic war?

I also find it hilarious that Dandy is badass on accident, when it comes to fighting I mean, and everyone falls for it.

TUSR

Banned

Wow.

cajunator

Banned
Yep :) It's actually really nicely put together. I'm usually finicky about digipaks and such but it's all well made with nice fit and finish.

Speaking of Anime Limited, here's their Q1 line-up for next year in the UK

Escaflowne is planned for UK Blu-ray release in Q2 or Q3 next year. They are also interested in bringing some more Satoshi-Kon works over, and interested in securing Gunbuster.

Nice packaging for it. US release is about to get volume 4. Vol 3 just shipped here.

If yall are getting Satoshi Kon works, hope for Millennium Actress. It is his masterpiece.

javac

Did I post too many pics? :p Ha it is a nice set. Feels really sturdy and high quality in person. Looking forward to Part 2 and 3 next year! :D I'm more into older shows, but for some reason I really enjoyed KLK
enjoyed it much more than lagann! :0

I actually got my copy of Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition Blu-ray, I might post some pics later.

Nice packaging for it. US release is about to get volume 4. Vol 3 just shipped here.

If yall are getting Satoshi Kon works, hope for Millennium Actress. It is his masterpiece.

Yeah I'm kinda glad the UK set is only 3 volumes, hopefully the gap between them isn't too much of a wait! Millennium Actress is the one I want for sure!

Yuki yuna wa yusha de aru - 11
1418952470805.jpg

Have fun with that because if i post a screen of this episode i'm GONNA LOSE MY MIND
I'm angry ... i'm less angry than 2 weeks ago , but still quite angry

Madoka ain't shit on yuki yuna... now that is suffering, that is despair , that is helplessness, that is odds against you.

I'm angry because i actually care about those characters and i care about their current situation..
I'm mostly angry because there is absolutly no way i can get a good ending now and that karin action during this episode were heroic , awesome , well animated , full of pride and incredibly sad at the same time.

I mean i'm not even mad at togo, i mean who wouldn't at least hesitate when faced with this situation , with the premise that she already lost many things she cares about.

I want to say "everything will be fine" but this won't be

Shirobako 11:
Amazing. That ending was something else. It would be amazing if they really follow through on that. You can do it, Aoi. The dream sequence was also pretty hilarious. Especially with the great transition into it.

Poor Yano. On top of everything else, she now has to spend a lengthy car ride with Tarou. That's too much torture for one person to endure.

StormKing

Madoka ain't shit on yuki yuna... now that is suffering, that is despair , that is helplessness, that is odds against you.

I'm angry because i actually care about those characters and i care about their current situation..
I'm mostly angry because there is absolutly no way i can get a good ending now and that karin action during this episode were heroic , awesome , well animated , full of pride and incredibly sad at the same time.

I mean i'm not even mad at togo, i mean who wouldn't at least hesitate when faced with this situation , with the premise that she already lost many things she cares about.

This is the best bittersweet ending I can think of for Karin.
Assuming that Karin does not want to live as a deaf, blind cripple. Taisha get Karin's phone. They take away her Hero Status. She is no longer protected by fairies. She passes away peacefully (through drug overdose) in her sleep surrounded by her family and the Hero Club. Yuuna holds one hand. Her brother holds the other. Taisha erect a statue of Karin in one of her katas. Karin will always be a Hero.

Or they could just go with an everything will be fine ending. That would be good too.

tumblr_nfda1xX3Ih1sk0lj0o1_500.jpg

TUSR

Banned
Did I post too many pics? :p Ha it is a nice set. Feels really sturdy and high quality in person. Looking forward to Part 2 and 3 next year! :D I'm more into older shows, but for some reason I really enjoyed KLK
enjoyed it much more than lagann! :0

No, it just makes me jealous.

cajunator

Banned

Why do these characters always have to be so cute and likeable :(

Shirobako 11

Damn. Business suit Miyamori. Little red riding hood Miyamori. Daaammmnnnnnnnn. Shes the best.

Laughed heartily at "Sunup" and "Neon Generation Avangaldon" lol.

Yowamushi Pedal 1-3

My blood was pumping through the race. Really good stuff.

Loved the part with the shocked faces when MC told about how he goes to Akiba on his bike.

No Game No Life Episodes 1-2:

So this is basically a show cynically exploiting everything wrong with the current anime fan base? We have panty shots with under aged girls, a borderline incestuous brother sister pairing, endless jiggling oversized breasts, Gary Stu main character, and in episode 2 we get what essentially amounts to rape and long term sexual slavery via tricking a woman into agreeing to some shady magic contract terms. This show is really fucking gross.

Narag

So this is basically a show cynically exploiting everything wrong with the current anime fan base? We have panty shots with under aged girls, a borderline incestuous brother sister pairing, endless jiggling oversized breasts, Gary Stu main character, and in episode 2 we get what essentially amounts to rape and long term sexual slavery via tricking a woman into agreeing to some shady magic contract terms. This show is really fucking gross.

It's effectively a series of con games by the siblings that's actually pretty engaging yet, unfortunately, obscured by a lot of your accurate criticisms.

GrandHusk

Kanon ep 1
Finally decided to put this out of my backlog now that I have the time.
Nothing of much importance to say here. Ayu stole some taiyakis and Noyuki has lots of watches. Yuichi seems to have some sort of amnesia, and he probably already know all the girls in the show but don't remember any of them
can't blame him, I barely remember any of them outside of Ayu Ayu
~Uguu

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

why are you watching an obviously shit show?

Yes.
But the games are pretty fun.

javac

Did you pick up the Ghibli collection? Or the TTGL?

I made a mistake and never ordered the Bebop one...

After much consideration I skipped the Miyazaki Box-set. I own all of the Ghibli Blu-rays so far (outside of Princess Kaguya) including duplicates (Steelbooks, Japanese releases etc) so I decided to save my money. The set looks lovely however! If only I had the cash to spare :D I did get the Lagann Ultimate set however. It's pretty nice but I didn't really enjoy the show. My little brother loved it however so there's that!

cajunator

Banned

For everything wrong with it it was still very fun to watch. Certainly not a waste of time.

faridmon

PSYCHO PASS 2 - 11

I liked it .

-Not enough episodes

The first few episode have been so awful to a point that I find it hard to redeem itself. What were they going for except for the shock effect? Characters are all underdeveloped and we still don't know what everyone thinks about these recent events.
Sybil is the law, yet we have that awful inspector as the only character that have an opinion about it, bar Akane.
In fact the whole point of the show (including the first season) which about the hue and the crime prediction was mad null by these stupid recent events, aka, body swapping, what?
I still love the atmosphere and enjoy how hard ass Akane can be, but the work Urbo have done have been nullified in few episodes of this season.

So not as good as season one. I will watch it anyways because I do want to see what happens and I did like season one. So, does the quantity of pretentious philosophical quote remain the same? I did not like that about the first season.

That was only added heavily in the second 1 hour re-run (the directors cut) which I have to add, I wasn't fan of. But no, there isn't stupid philosophical monologues in these, but rather awful melodramatic dialogues and sheer stupidity.

Correct on all points, except one -- it's not really "borderline" incestuous. I mean, the main character says how he's holding off on going after his sister until she's of age, which is a pretty clear statement of incestuous feelings and intent as far as I'm concerned, and of course it's moronically idiotic, but almost everything about the series is.

The only worth there is how over-the-top it is sometimes, and the lengths the author goes to to show how much smarter the MC is than every other thing ever alive.

It's effectively a series of con games by the siblings that's actually pretty engaging yet, unfortunately, obscured by a lot of your accurate criticisms.
Nah, that's just the author's way of showing how totally not overpowered his insanely overpowered protagonist is. I mean, the setup, as you say, makes it seem like he's "weak", that humans are weak, etc, but it's a blatantly obvious setup for his insanely overpowered invincible brain to save the day and defeat all foes. It's just a slightly differently-worded version of the same usual stupidly-overpowered-protagonist issue you frequently see in (badly written) shonen, nothing more.

As for the little sister, she mostly seems to just go along with his ideas as far as I've seen, though I admit I only watched a few episodes. She's supposedly "as smart as he is", but of course it seems to always be him with the ideas, etc. Her main function is for disturbing loli and loli-incest fanservice, most of the time... and, like the usual 'sidekick girl' character (as with Trinity Seven's MC's magical book) going along with just about any fanservicey idea the author wants to subject the female characters to. I mean, yeah, she's smart, but there sure seems to be a MASSIVE imbalance in which one of them actually does stuff, in the male lead's favor of course.

faridmon

Psycho Pass 2 ep 10

Damn this episode. So good and so sad at the same time. Akane is probably my best character of the year, taking the crown away from Mako... though I like Mako a lot... s maybe they tie. both bestest characters of the year!

Akane is the only the saving grace of this show,

She is indeed one of the best characters this year.

The worst goes to Tarou from Shirabako

JCG

I haven't watched Akito yet
But I'm wondering who that handsome masked eyepatched man is.

Well, it's not like they're even trying to hide that. Just in case, it's probably also worth reminding people that's not a sequel.

In any case, I thought the first two chapters were fine, albeit different from the TV series in various ways, but mostly setup without a lot of forward movement, so this should be where it gets real. At the very least they're finally getting the last couple out of the way in quick succession.

Parasyte 8

Ha, Shinichi can't seem to catch a break with with satomi. Dead dog, showing a rather displeasing look toward her direction (cracked me up) and kana setting up Shinichi.

Speaking of Kana what's up with her seemingly Psychic powers? I also don't trust the new parasyte guy, he's pretty sketch. All in all though, a good episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom