• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Correct on all points, except one -- it's not really "borderline" incestuous. I mean, the main character says how he's holding off on going after his sister until she's of age, which is a pretty clear statement of incestuous feelings and intent as far as I'm concerned, and of course it's moronically idiotic, but almost everything about the series is.

The only worth there is how over-the-top it is sometimes, and the lengths the author goes to to show how much smarter the MC is than every other thing ever alive.

Nah, that's just the author's way of showing how totally not overpowered his insanely overpowered protagonist is. I mean, the setup, as you say, makes it seem like he's "weak", that humans are weak, etc, but it's a blatantly obvious setup for his insanely overpowered invincible brain to save the day and defeat all foes. It's just a slightly differently-worded version of the same usual stupidly-overpowered-protagonist issue you frequently see in (badly written) shonen, nothing more.

As for the little sister, she mostly seems to just go along with his ideas as far as I've seen, though I admit I only watched a few episodes. She's supposedly "as smart as he is", but of course it seems to always be him with the ideas, etc. Her main function is for disturbing loli and loli-incest fanservice, most of the time... and, like the usual 'sidekick girl' character (as with Trinity Seven's MC's magical book) going along with just about any fanservicey idea the author wants to subject the female characters to. I mean, yeah, she's smart, but there sure seems to be a MASSIVE imbalance in which one of them actually does stuff, in the male lead's favor of course.

Shiro contributes her own ideas sometimes. In one case
her brother has disappeared from existence playing a game and she has to visualize how the game plays and what moves to make without ever seeing it. Her brother fully trusted her to figure that out.

jbug617

Banned
Your Lie in April 11

Still trying to figure out why Kaori is making Kosei play the piano. Them meeting was random as hell. I guess we are going to get a back story for why eventually. I hope what I think she meant at the end isn't going to happen.

faridmon

Holy shit this is still a thing?

10372081_754984021256860_4850557403731098945_n.jpg

That art is trashy as hell

DEATH™

Amagi Brilliant Park 12

I don't care if it's a predictable ending. It's the perfect ending for this show. I'm kinda laughing and jumping with excitement at the same time with those 3 kids coming to the entrance to give Sento some misery lol.

I want to see the next episode now. I love it when an anime makes an extra episode aside the plot ending episode. Makes it feel to have a legit resolution...

faridmon

DEATH™;143975740 said:
Amagi Brilliant Park 12

I don't care if it's a predictable ending. It's the perfect ending for this show. I'm kinda laughing and jumping with excitement at the same time with those 3 kids coming to the entrance to give Sento some misery lol.

I want to see the next episode now. I love it when an anime makes an extra episode aside the plot ending episode. Makes it feel to have a legit resolution...

I don't know.

They could pull a ''Kokoro connect'' and add 3-4 more eps as OVA
and still not finish the plot

DEATH™

There's going to be a 14th episode on the home video release, too.

YASS!

I'm gonna miss this show... I want me some magic hour...

I wish there's a season 2. Make it like FMP Fumoffu epic. Screw the plot mwahahahha
I don't know.

They could pull a ''Kokoro connect'' and add 3-4 more eps as OVA
and still not finish the plot

Technically, the plot is finished.
The park is saved and its just gonna attract customers at this rate, and the curse has been lifted. Unless the wizard plots another move to close the park, its just gonna be a theme park comedy sitcom, and I'm good with that

Syrinx

Shirobako 11

So as stressful as fuck as crunch time is for the key animators, it seems to be just as bad for the production managers who are trying to lock up animators to get their work done on time. Maybe if they didn't make a mere pittance to do such a hard and stressful job, there'd be more talent available. Shitty situation for Miyamori; she's doing all she can to get this done, yet this all comes down on her if it falls apart. But if she somehow gets Kanno (heh) to do this, she'll be a fucking legend.

Also goes back to a memory hardly exclusive to the anime industry; the pains, frustration, and horror of job hunting. Something I don't look forward to. Thing about this that struck me was how she ran into that guy who interviewed her and rejected her at that one company, and while she looked familiar, he didn't recognize her. Kinda sucks that it was such a draining process for her and that that interview in particular stuck with her, while the guy doesn't even remember her. But on the other hand, it goes to show that these rejections aren't personal.

So the girl's dad is in the hospital and it sounds kinda urgent, and you leave her to Tarou? Oh God, I'd be shocked if he doesn't say something incredibly stupid to her and upsets her even more. On that note, I liked how through the interview process they were like "Well, no matter who we hire, they can't be worse than Tarou".

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shirobako 11
SHUT UP TARO.
Taro really remind me of someone from my workplace. A troubled employee, but somehow didn't get fired. Really, he is so much of a trouble, i ensure he got transferred to another team. And yeah, me and my coworker did a same joke (whoever hired, is definitely going to be better than him). Not sure letting Taro drive for Yano a good decision.
So, they hire the girl with that highlight hair color huh? Nice~
And Miyamori about to meet a legend.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Legend of Korra: Season 4, Episodes 12 and 13
The maniacs, they did it, they actually did it, they had the balls to hook up Korra and Asami and Verrick and Zhu Li get their moment of happiness as well. I suppose Opal and Bolin are still a couple but they are just going to have to be happy with the background. Also, what a fucking waste Kai ended up being, all that time spent building him up and he ends up being a background extra. Oh yes, other things happened, all and all it was actually a pretty decent finale, nowhere near as good as season 3 but not shit your pants embarrassing like the first two seasons were. I can walk away from the series happy enough, I have my problems with this season no doubt, as I still think Kuvira was still mostly in the right and the experiment in democracy they are proposing is very risky. I suppose that is an issue for a future comic. Goodbye Korra, you will be missed sort of.

fertygo

I really like "I don't like people that saying "I'll do everything!" quote from latest episode of Shirobako. Implying despite its sound you hard working but its useless if you just seeing it as to get it done and not giving much care behind that effort.

Is that real quote?

Thoraxes you're a wild beast. I'm never going to watch that unedited footage of you ever again.

Also yes I had to find a way to sneak that video into this thread somewhat. If somebody here is a fan of psychological horror give it a watch, surprisingly well done. And yes watch it the whole way.

Thoraxes

Clear case

Blue case

Same series

Fuck that

Bake is clear, Monogatari S2 releases are blue. I don't have Nise yet, but i'd imagine it's probably clear too. Only the piecemeal releases seem to have blue.

But I hear you. I can't see them when they're in the boxes with the nice art. If I didn't have those boxes though, it'd drive me up the wall.
Thoraxes you're a wild beast. I'm never going to watch that unedited footage of you ever again.

Also yes I had to find a way to sneak that video into this thread somewhat. If somebody here is a fan of psychological horror give it a watch, surprisingly well done. And yes watch it the whole way.

Haha. I was almost going to have Yamato 2199 and CCS save Bebop from the Monogatari/KLK menace.
that carpet looks exactly like mine

Hell yeah.

GrandHusk

Kanon ep 2

Yuichi goes to school, Yuichi get lost in school. lol
Not much in this chapter either, the show keeps introducing new characters.
Ayu still does her uguu noises, and steals taiyaki again.
kanon9.png

TUSR

Banned
Amagi 12

Happy Sento+regular clothes Sento

Good episode, actually ended up enjoying the series.

Wonder what episode 13 is about.

cajunator

Banned
Keep Kill La Kill the fuck away from Cowboy Bebop when you stack the blu rays.KlK doesn't deserve to be in the same photo, nevermind touching it.

Oh shush it dog.

Am I doin' it right?

2014-12-1901.47.23zpu0l.jpg

hnnnnng
I never thought about just taking all the pretty Monagatari cases and just taking in all the beautiful art at once. Youve inspired me!

Oh shit, a new gang is moving in on KLK's turf.

2014-12-1901.59.040lrnj.jpg

BEAR I am so doing this. I might even throw Sailor Moon and Toradora in there :D

Yay! School semester is officially over, back to some much need anime and game time. Need to catch up on parasyte.

on another note, I love coming home to find this waiting at my door steps

A bit late to the party but I picked up the Kill La Kill Blu-ray. Part 1 of 3. It's a really nice set. Sturdy matte box with glossy bits on the front and back, with the full 188 page Key Art Book. Part Two should be out around April Next year...long wait :0

Last bit of my Rightstuf haul

And hopefully they followed through with GitS SAC+2ndG and other things like Kino's Journey and Abenobashi

Oh shit, a new gang is moving in on KLK's turf.

2014-12-1901.59.040lrnj.jpg

Anime for all. Nice!

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 10-13 (End)

The climax of the first season. Lots of interesting fights, but my absolute favorite parts are everything related to the confession, the declaration of world war, and the debate to convince Horizon to live. FukuJun really did great in this scene, and the music fit perfectly. And, well, the ending wraps up the first season of this, but also includes a pretty big lead-in to the second one.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Or the animaru tantei whatever that was.
BUT WHERE IS THE DESPAIR.

The whole point of Chiyori is that she's derping her way through the entire Eternal Girl game without even understanding the stakes, and when she does finally realize, she continues giving no fucks. She's sort of there to take the piss out of all of the suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom