• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Selector Spread WIXOSS 8
ib2EKN8xtNe1ZD.jpg
iLVrc1rEVAvN5.jpg

icQU8FvJ6owQg.jpg
iZ1AYgja4Xoa5.jpg

ibYUzFjoWBLL9.jpg
iboGv9h9QWrB4e.jpg

There's a fine line between good taste and madness that Mari Okada likes to blaze past at some point in her original works. We finally get there in this episode with BRS TV-tier world building, rape imagery, and
debilitating mechanical pencil stabbings LOL.

Because I know much you love ANN guys :p, their AOTY poll
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/505/result

The first positions right now are:

Parasyte -the maxim-
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works
No Game No Life
Tokyo Ghoul
Space Dandy
Log Horizon
Sword Art Online II
Akame ga Kill!
Psycho-Pass
Aldnoah.Zero
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Terror in Resonance
Noragami
Haikyu!!
Your Lie in April
Nisekoi
Free! Eternal Summer
Mushi-shi Season 2
The Irregular at Magic High School
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Ping Pong the Animation
Amagi Brilliant Park
Knights of Sidonia
Chaika - The Coffin Princess

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Perfect Blue

Wait, wait, so
Rumi was Mima all along? Which was the dream and which was reality?
my mindjdndkdjdnddjd

I give it four Paprikas and ten Inceptions.

TUSR

Banned
Would you trust a website called My Anime List to have an accurate list of manga? You're awfully silly if you do, since this is obviously some sort of mistake in their database.

i was going to link a manga site, but knowing my luck id link one and get banned

phaze

Why they are doing fillers if the manga has already ended? What is the fucking point.

M̶i̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶?̶They're gathering time and money for that final Kobayashi/Shingo Yamashita/Fujisawa/Kouda/Sessha/Kameda/Tanaka/Nakayama/Suzuki/Hiroyuki Yamashita//Nakamura/Iso/Matsumoto final cour of course.

Here is the PV
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif
manga spoilers I suppose.

On a serious note, I'm not sure if this isn't blessing in disguise, most standout Pierrot animators were busy working on a movie and probably wouldn't be able to do much for January

JoeFu

Banned
Usagi Drop is an anime original

Parasyte -the maxim-
No Game No Life
Tokyo Ghoul
Space Dandy
Log Horizon
Sword Art Online II
Akame ga Kill!
Psycho-Pass
Aldnoah.Zero
Barakamon
Terror in Resonance
Noragami
Haikyu!!
Your Lie in April
Nisekoi
Free! Eternal Summer
Mushi-shi Season 2
Ping Pong the Animation
Amagi Brilliant Park
Knights of Sidonia

GLORIOUS

M̶i̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶?̶They're gathering time and money for that final Kobayashi/Shingo Yamashita/Fujisawa/Kouda/Sessha/Kameda/Tanaka/Nakayama/Suzuki/Hiroyuki Yamashita//Nakamura/Iso/Matsumoto final cour of course.

Here is the PV
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif
1srk67.gif

On a serious note, I'm not sure if this isn't blessing in disguise, most standout Pierrot animators were busy working on a movie and probably wouldn't be able to do much for January

Yup....they are saving time for the fight everyone has been waiting for.....put all their best animators on it hopefully since this is Naruto Shippuuden's climax: Naruto vs Sasuke part 2!

TUSR

Banned

Here is the PV
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif
1srk67.gif

Yup....they are saving time for the fight everyone has been waiting for.....put all their best animators on it hopefully since this is Naruto Shippuuden's climax: Naruto vs Sasuke part 2!

this shit gets me fired up, the kakashi obito fight a couple of weeks ago was awesome.

Here is the PV
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif
1srk67.gif

BUDGET

Shengar

Parasyte -the maxim-
No Game No Life
Tokyo Ghoul
Space Dandy
Log Horizon
Sword Art Online II
Akame ga Kill!
Psycho-Pass
Aldnoah.Zero
Barakamon
Terror in Resonance
Noragami
Haikyu!!
Your Lie in April
Nisekoi
Free! Eternal Summer
Mushi-shi Season 2
Ping Pong the Animation
Amagi Brilliant Park
Knights of Sidonia

Bahamut being so low makes me mad.

Rhapsody

Banned
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 11

I like Kousei progression and that he's finally moved on. I just wish this series didn't have so many death flags though...

Rhapsody

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 12

lol I never figured those 3 were going to be the last ones to help towards the goal.

Really nice that everything turned out right for the characters. That and Kanie decided to not be stupid and continue working there.

Jarmel

Banned
Until you Come to me-

hahahahahahahahahaha

Anno da gawd

People are going to lose their shit analyzing this for minuscule details.

Truly the master.

Until you come to me

Beautiful. From the scenes to the music to the tiny nods to Eva to all the super symbolic stuff, this was beautiful. So far this has been my favorite short.

And no, that's not my Evangelion bias talking!

until You come to me.

What a tease. Japan doesn't know how to capitalize titles.
Or is this also some "find the hidden meaning".

phaze

The Legend of Korra: Season 4, Episodes 12 and 13
The maniacs, they did it, they actually did it, they had the balls to hook up Korra and Asami and Verrick and Zhu Li get their moment of happiness as well. I suppose Opal and Bolin are still a couple but they are just going to have to be happy with the background. Also, what a fucking waste Kai ended up being, all that time spent building him up and he ends up being a background extra. Oh yes, other things happened, all and all it was actually a pretty decent finale, nowhere near as good as season 3 but not shit your pants embarrassing like the first two seasons were. I can walk away from the series happy enough, I have my problems with this season no doubt, as I still think Kuvira was still mostly in the right and the experiment in democracy they are proposing is very risky. I suppose that is an issue for a future comic. Goodbye Korra, you will be missed sort of.

My Little Avatar Can't Possibly Be This
_______ Yuri.__

Meh finale, season two of Korra will forever be the high point of Atla and its sequel.

I kind of mean it.

This perspective into Western anime fans opinions is horrifying.

Yes... but it isn't like eastern anime fans are better! :p

Imo, Mushishi and Ping Pong should be on top, and Nozaki-kun, Haikyu!! and Barakamon should be higher, FSN lower, and well, I would make many more changes but those feel the most important ones.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Man, why is ping pong the animation so low on the list :_;
It's awesome!

Amagi Brilliant Park 12

So it end. They fulfill their goal, and now, another new beginning for the staff. I like the ending, predictable as it may be. Kanye decide to keep the job, 50cents blushing make me happy. Ice Cube need more screentime.
Chris Tucker is the wizard all along.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ping-Pong is actually rather divisive for a couple of reasons but the big one is the artstyle, some people just hate how it looks.

Psycho Pass 2 Overall Thoughts
It was alright I guess. I did not finish season 1 for some reason, so no comparison here.
What should I even say about it really? I think it tries to tell a meaning, but after watching the last episode, well I don't quite remember it anymore, and just don't care.

But still, its an enjoyable anime that maybe you could get something from. I do recommend it

Jintor

Log Horizon 02 - 10 or whatever we're up to

Man this show's good

don't really have much more to say other than more of the same in terms of 'yeah it's got problems but i enjoy it while watching and don't really want to say anything until its done'

cajunator

Banned
I'm probably in the minority but I think I prefer the original Kanon anime series.

I like the art too. Its derpy but kind of cute and the later art is too much generic VN.

Parasyte -the maxim-
No Game No Life
Tokyo Ghoul
Space Dandy
Log Horizon
Sword Art Online II
Akame ga Kill!
Psycho-Pass
Aldnoah.Zero
Barakamon

Terror in Resonance
Noragami
Haikyu!!
Your Lie in April
Nisekoi
Free! Eternal Summer
Mushi-shi Season 2
Ping Pong the Animation
Amagi Brilliant Park
Knights of Sidonia

My favorites bolded. Also Chaika may have had a weak S2 but its WAY too low!

Perfect Blue

Wait, wait, so
Rumi was Mima all along? Which was the dream and which was reality?
my mindjdndkdjdnddjd

I give it four Paprikas and ten Inceptions.

So youre just now seeing this? Have you watched Millennium Actress yet?

Mitch

Banned
Log Horizon 02 - 10 or whatever we're up to

Man this show's good

don't really have much more to say other than more of the same in terms of 'yeah it's got problems but i enjoy it while watching and don't really want to say anything until its done'
After season 1 had aired, I decided to pick it up and ended up binge watching the entire thing. As an MMO veteran, it really hits home. I'm looking forward to catching up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho Pass 2 Overall Thoughts
It was alright I guess. I did not finish season 1 for some reason, so no comparison here.
What should I even say about it really? I think it tries to tell a meaning, but after watching the last episode, well I don't quite remember it anymore, and just don't care.

But still, its an enjoyable anime that maybe you could get something from. I do recommend it

The story is basically society is fucked and everyone sucks except for Akane because her colour will never change and she can make decisions without some higher entity telling her what to think. She can also see brains in cubes without screaming!

until You come to me

Goddamnit Anno, the expo is supposed to be about animators (this is barely animated) and creativity (this is again Eva)

Stop doing Eva, try making something new.

Hell, this feels less a short, and more a marketing move for the next Eva film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom