• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
The set looks great and the price is reasonable also.
http://bit.ly/ChuniLE
Fwm9UoR.jpg

Fuck yeah, I love Extras Box of Holdings!

Midonin

GARO -Seal of Flames- 12

I can't hear the name "Mendoza" without wondering when McBain is going to come in and start making bad puns. I don't know if any Garos in any other series have had berserker moments, but Leon most certainly did.
And it's got him feeling suicidal because Alfonso took over the title of Garo in his place. That's... that's a hell of a way to close what is most likely the Christmas cliffhanger for this show
, since the preview has the staff/cast sitting around and chatting with each other for a short break in the production schedule. Like Kyousogiga. Only with more wolf armors and hellbeasts. Wixoss' despair may be over, but Garo's is only beginning.

selector infected/spread WIXOSS 12 END

Mari Okada comes through in the end and proves she does not completely whallow in the pits of despair. However I have a couple of bones to pick.

LRIG Mayu was pretty cute and came out looking better than I expected.

Why the hell was Ulith the only girl to actually die? Like Mayu loses the final battle and Ulith gets brutally murdered by shadow monsters and that was just pure and simply the end of her in this story. No revival like the other girls. Yuki is also missing as well cause she also does not show up when they were showing all the revived girls.

Otherwise I'm satisfied with how this show ended and will probably rate pretty high on my AOTY list.

~wan

Branduil

Selector Spread WIXOSS 12

At last we are finally free.

selector infected/spread WIXOSS 12 END

Why the hell was Ulith the only girl to actually die? Like Mayu loses the final battle and Ulith gets brutally murdered by shadow monsters and that was just pure and simply the end of her in this story. No revival like the other girls.

Well,
she was a monster even before becoming an LRIG.

GARO THE ANIMATION Episode 12-BLOOD MOON-

Really?
I was weeping for Leon, why did he get such a terrible fate. His mother, and then him, is he going to be forever getting the bad things happening. And then Alfonso not willing to help :(

Kanon 5-9 - Getting into "feels" territory here. Though, this does highlight the problem with VN adaptations in that some characters have been completely absent while they have to close up one of these paths. Worried that this show is going to end up sad for the sake of being sad. Might have to rewatch Nozaki-kun after this to bring my spirits back up.

javac

Got my Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition Blu-ray. I backed the Kickstarter so I only paid £35 for it. My name's in the credits too which is nice :p
No idea if the movie is good however

Selector Spread WIXOSS 12

Well,
she was a monster even before becoming an LRIG.
True. I guess I can assume they went with that Ulith is a fucking monster of a person and is better off dead than alive and probably murdering people or something.

~wan

Amagi - 12

An alright ending I suppose, but then again I never cared for the main plot. They should've wiped Latifas hard drive clean, and use the next season to build up new memories for her, so strong they're simply unforgettable. You're welcome KyoAni, I'm for hire.
The cast is entertaining enough, so I'm not opposed to seeing them return to the formula and fight through the next year, coming up with more crazy shenanigans to snag in customers.

Garo 12

This wasn't what I was expecting to happen like at all. I had honestly thought the whole Leon losing control was just a forgotten plot point that would never be referenced again. In fact I was expecting him to defeat the Horror and Mendoza while in a rage. Gotten say the Prince got so massive growth and maturity at the cost of Leon's. He defeated Leon, Mendoza and the horror, chastised Leon for failing to his emotions and came to take his rightful place in his kingdom again. Whereas Leon? He lost his claim to being a mankai knight and is currently attempting to take his life because of his lost honor. Next episode is gonna be something else.

~wan wan

I'm probably in the minority but I think I prefer the original Kanon anime series.
You're not the only one. Kanon '02 forever! It's the better version.

Shiro contributes her own ideas sometimes. In one case
her brother has disappeared from existence playing a game and she has to visualize how the game plays and what moves to make without ever seeing it. Her brother fully trusted her to figure that out.
Well, she is supposed to be smart, so it's nice that she does something once in a rare while at least. But seriously, if they really were "equally smart" as the series claims, she'd do about half of the stuff. Instead it's a tiny percentage. The reason for this is obvious, this is shonen and it's about the MC guy, but it's very obvious they are far from equal. I'd never expect that from anime, of course, but it's a fairly blatant example of it.

Of course, that as I said she's the "I'm okay / will 'help' with the girls' fanservice scenes" character sure is convenient as well. It's such an implausible character trait, if you think about it at all...

Laughing Under the Clouds Episode 12 End Brothers, Gathering Under the Sun

Definitely in the top shows of this Fall season. Excellent storytelling, character design, and development. Even apparent side characters, like Takeda, became rather important as the plot went on. This had a positive effect on my thought of the show as even though it was a Kumoh show, having someone like him be important made it feel like a more community oriented type of show of multiple enties. It felt like everyone was important as well.

Epic ending episode and ending moments. And loved that one epilogue scene. 10/10.

Have also been rewatching it via funis dub. Its perfect

faridmon

Got my Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition Blu-ray. I backed the Kickstarter so I only paid £35 for it. My name's in the credits too which is nice :p

Now that is a a pretty package. Too bad I heard quite middling things about the movie.
Hope you enjoy it though.

DiGiKerot

Likewise, though I'm deliberately down as DiGiKerot as opposed to my actual name! Also, I paid more for it because I'm a sucker for posters :)

Although it my case, I ended up seeing the movie about four times whilst it was playing theatrically over here (including a screening with Yoshiura in attendance...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes... but it isn't like eastern anime fans are better! :p
I actually think there are probably some pretty distinct differences. A number of the shows that placed high seem like they appeal more to a Western audience. There is also an extreme focus on action sequences in what ranked highly.

Kansoku

Amagi - 12

An alright ending I suppose, but then again I never cared for the main plot. They should've wiped Latifas hard drive clean, and use the next season to build up new memories for her, so strong they're simply unforgettable. You're welcome KyoAni, I'm for hire.
The cast is entertaining enough, so I'm not opposed to seeing them return to the formula and fight through the next year, coming up with more crazy shenanigans to snag in customers.

Well, but that was what happened >.>

TUSR

Banned
Amagi - 12

there is one more episode to go, also the LN author wrote this ending, its anime original.

In the LNs
Latifa actually forgets everything again when the clock hits midnight

Well, but that was what happened >.>

Yeah, the magic tree and all. I would've like if they did a different execution, skipped tree magic and focus to break the curse next year with the power of friendship! While you know, giving her some screen time aswell.

Garo - 12

hahaha yeeees, get rekt Leon. I was disappointed in how quick and 'easy'
Meduza
was killed off.
Atleast he planted his seed, and I will bet my left nut that Leon will fall into the abyss and become xXx_GoldenKillahDemon_xXx and serve as the villain fighting Alfonso next.. cour? While the next episode looks delicious, I don't think that's part of the story,
or is it?

Reconguista in G 13

hYg5kWF.jpg

Behold the power of Tomino's impeccable directing

Is Klim Nick trying to be a villain now?
So they aren't from the Moon, just the colony behind it? Why did the Moon have that technological looking surface then.
There's a character called Luin and one called Luan. There's also Barara and Raraiya. And Mick Jack and a MS called Jack Knife.
This has got to be on purpose.

until You come to me

rBoV5T8.png

People are going to analyze the shit out of this.
No, I'm still not excited for 3.0 + 1.0. I doubt this really means much anyway.

Clov

until You come to me

rBoV5T8.png

People are going to analyze the shit out of this.
No, I'm still not excited for 3.0 + 1.0. I doubt this really means much anyway.

I liked the atmosphere and the music, though I would have preferred another original short rather than what we got. There's still plenty left, thankfully!

jbug617

Banned
There's definitely some nice stuff in there, but why would you buy GitS 2.0 when the original, unaltered version came out on BD here in September?

I need something to get over $50 for free shipping. It was cheap and always wanted to buy it.

Himemiya

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 1-2

tkMN01K.png

Watch-trade with JoeFu
These two eps have been pretty heavy with action, and not much explanation. But what it does explain is done succinctly; I'd rather learn about Ledo's old life/society in seemingly throw-away lines like how many hours he's been a soldier
which amounts to over 16 years
, or how he now has the right to reproduce
and spend four days relaxing on a planet, after all that time in service
. The current world seems pretty interesting too, humanity's all on rusty old ships, as does the way the language barrier is handled. Earth people (and by that I mean Amy) reacting to space tech is the best.

The best.

Nagi no Asukara - 03

So far plenty world building for a common 2 factions conflict, in this case between the surface and water people. Since children from mixed parents do not inherit the 'Ena' (some kind of skin layer or so) they cannot ever live underwater, which is a pretty good reasoning for the water folks to prevent that kind of relationship from happenening as they'd otherwise die out in the long run.

The characters are for the most part fine so far—Manaka is actually a pretty cute airhead (fuck off Memna!)—however the most important one, our MC Hikari can suck my balls. I just can't stand overly abrasive, whiteknighting morons like him. As he's the narrator he'll hopefully have plenty introspection and development but man...he's so annoying I can hardly take it.

cajunator

Banned
The manga's been in my backlog for ages, but I think it's time to do some research into your claim.

I can confirm the validity of your position. Bring on the anime.

Hmm. a yandere goth loli? Looks like best girl to me!

Watched the first 4 episodes of Princess Tutu with the gf, who I've been slowly introducing to anime. It's my first time watching it too, and we both really like it. Very cute show!

Yeah its adorable. Dub or sub? Dub gives you the wonderful Luci Christian and she puts her adorable heart into that role. Neko sensei is just great no matter what.

I've just started watching Sword Art Online...

Is it me or is this anime just a few steps away from being hentai?

Incestuous relationships, tentacles, the list goes on.

Its worse than you can imagine
Season 2 kind of redeems itself with Sinon because she's that great but still its no gem.

The set looks great and the price is reasonable also.
http://bit.ly/ChuniLE
Fwm9UoR.jpg

Yeah I have this ordered. As soon as the bluray one was up for order I jumped on it. Didnt realize it had so many cool extras! Now Im really excited.

Hmm. Not cute enough.

This is one of few things I am legitimately jealous of Europe for.

You're not the only one. Kanon '02 forever! It's the better version.

Well, she is supposed to be smart, so it's nice that she does something once in a rare while at least. But seriously, if they really were "equally smart" as the series claims, she'd do about half of the stuff. Instead it's a tiny percentage. The reason for this is obvious, this is shonen and it's about the MC guy, but it's very obvious they are far from equal. I'd never expect that from anime, of course, but it's a fairly blatant example of it.

Of course, that as I said she's the "I'm okay / will 'help' with the girls' fanservice scenes" character sure is convenient as well. It's such an implausible character trait, if you think about it at all...

Honestly, when I watch an anime like No Game no Life, in which 2 siblings enter a game world and rule supreme, I see a self insertion fantasy to begin with. Nothing in it really makes a whole lot of sense so the characters in it are not something I take seriously enough to get angry when logic or equality isnt part of the equation. The whole entire show is fun nonsense. Dont think about it too hard.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 1-2

These two eps have been pretty heavy with action, and not much explanation. But what it does explain is done succinctly; I'd rather learn about Ledo's old life/society in seemingly throw-away lines like how many hours he's been a soldier
which amounts to over 16 years
, or how he now has the right to reproduce
and spend four days relaxing on a planet, after all that time in service
. The current world seems pretty interesting too, humanity's all on rusty old ships, as does the way the language barrier is handled. Earth people (and by that I mean Amy) reacting to space tech is the best.

The best.

This on the other hand, can be analyzed quite a bit. Excellent show. A bit short and abrupt at the end but thats ok. I saw some of the stuff coming, knowing how Butch Gen thinks, but it was still effective.

Man, Smash Bros Wii U is taking my time away from finishing 2nd GIG. I'm planning to finish disc 6 tonight. but for now...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG 19-20

So the Major now knows who Kuze really is, but does he know who she is? Regardless things are definitely getting interesting.

Joe Molotov

Hmm, if I put Gonna Be the Twin-Tail in my Top 10 (which seems likely) that'll be the second year in row I've top-tenned a hair fetish show (last year was Severing Crime Edge). I wonder if I missed a good hair show in 2012...I can't think of one.

Well, unless you count Girls und Panzer.

FJtwFLl.gif

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, if I put Gonna Be the Twin-Tail in my Top 10 (which seems likely) that'll be the second year in row I've top-tenned a hair fetish show (last year was Severing Crime Edge). I wonder if I missed a good hair show in 2012...I can't think of one.

Well, unless you count Girls und Panzer.

FJtwFLl.gif

Yukari da besttttttttttt

I saw Severing Crime Edge on bluray at Rightstuf too. Maybe Ill pick that up. Pretty sure I stuck it in my shopping cart.

Acosta

I think I'm ready to see the Date A Live: Encore OVA with Kurumi...

Wmtc9ex.jpg

Nope, not ready. My heart can't take it. Other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom