• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari)

0G5vPSU.jpg

Saacnqv.jpg

6hlpZk4.jpg

I personally really like this movie and I absolutely love the art style used. It's just such a beautiful looking movie. It's possible it could have worked with another style but it really does help capture that older folk tale feel which the story is based off of.

I had seen hints of the running scene in previews for the film but seeing the whole scene complete with the music and the context around it, with all the build up of emotion and everything leading up to it, and it's a really powerful scene that I really like. That might be my favorite scene in the movie. Just the visuals in which she initially gets up and dashes off are really great.

I personally already knew the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter which the movie is based on before the film was announced, so I was interested in seeing a Ghibli made version of it. It was certainly worth the wait as I believe it will be my favorite movie of the year and one of my favorite Ghibli movies in general. It was nice to see it focusing more on Kaguya herself and her family and life.

I could see some having problems with the ending, but as others have already mentioned, it really reflects the roles or ideas of the time, some of which even seem to carry on today. I remember in zeroshiki's comments he said one would leave the theater feeling more uplifted but I would say it's more
of a melancholic or possibly bittersweet ending. Not really that happy.

The helper and all her expressions were pretty fun too,haha.

I really recommend everyone reading take a look at this film.
Just like the original folktale it's based off of, I think this is a film that will be remembered and revisited by many for many years to come.

Rainy

Banned
My friends cannot stop talking about his mobile Love Live! game...guess I should watch the anime soon.

After Idolm@ster though.

Selector Spread WIXOSS - 1

I hope you're happy anime-gaf, I am now watching this shit too.

I would post pics, but I think Branduil has already got it covered.

The ending was insanely creepy, "foe-yay" trope gone horribly wrong.

cajunator

Banned
Never watched Date a Live, is it good?

Also I for some reason watched 55 episodes of FMA: B a year ago and then got busy because of MCAT studying and school etc. Read some episode summaries last night and watched 1 episode then watched 8 this morning.

What a great series despite my highly disjointed viewing.

Date a Live is really fun to watch. The characters arent insufferable. I love the character designs.

cajunator

Banned
Chocotto Sister Advent Calendar Day 19

The contrast between Odaeri and Makoto/Arisa was a nice focal point for the episode. It also revealed that Choco can recognize her favorite idol on sight, but is basically unaware of Makoto's modeling career. Getting some more backstory for the members of Tsubaki makes the world feel a little bigger.

Kiddy Grade 10-12

Okay, not only are the rich folks dicks, they're
murderous
dicks. It's like the central conflict of Occupy, mixed with a bit of racism, and exploding into a pretty serious situation that has real world ramifications regardless of if the series was set in space or not. The stuff with Eclair's memories is also interesting. The other self that's speaking to her is so unlike the friendly her we've seen throughout the series. The tension has certainly ratcheted up a few notches, to say the least.

yeah it becomes quite a conundrum and a bunch of factions start turning on each other. But the show has other surprises..

Ahoges are so 2004.

Side tail da bes.

Ahoges will NEVER die!!

Astarte

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari)

I personally really like this movie and I absolutely love the art style used. It's just such a beautiful looking movie. It's possible it could have worked with another style but it really does help capture that older folk tale feel which the story is based off of.

I had seen hints of the running scene in previews for the film but seeing the whole scene complete with the music and the context around it, with all the build up of emotion and everything leading up to it, and it's a really powerful scene that I really like. That might be my favorite scene in the movie. Just the visuals in which she initially gets up and dashes off are really great.

I personally already knew the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter which the movie is based on before the film was announced, so I was interested in seeing a Ghibli made version of it. It was certainly worth the wait as I believe it will be my favorite movie of the year and one of my favorite Ghibli movies in general. It was nice to see it focusing more on Kaguya herself and her family and life.

I could see some having problems with the ending, but as others have already mentioned, it really reflects the roles or ideas of the time, some of which even seem to carry on today. I remember in zeroshiki's comments he said one would leave the theater feeling more uplifted but I would say it's more
of a melancholic or possibly bittersweet ending. Not really that happy.

The helper and all her expressions were pretty fun too,haha.

I really recommend everyone reading take a look at this film.
Just like the original folktale it's based off of, I think this is a film that will be remembered and revisited by many for many years to come.

Kaguya was an incredible sight to behold. The art was fantastic to look at and I never got tired of it. I cried at the ending though, jesus christ.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 50

Yes glorious Davida Yamazaki opening the episode along with the best Shido too.

Loved the episode, especially the Friend moment and Gao noticing that from Ryoga. Though poor Ryoga, I wonder what the larger part of the plot is due to that Dark Core seemingly acting on its own.

9 minutes into Selector Spread WIXOSS - 2

Ginger-chan: You make me mad!
Brunette-chan: But Ginger-chan, you look so cute when you're mad.
Ginger-chan: Oh. Want to be lesbians?

tumblr_inline_nc4n7ttQR11rimvgk.gif

9 minutes and 25 seconds into Selector Spread WIXOSS - 2
tumblr_inline_mr2k95DJv21qz4rgp.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm just not so cool with how it was handled and how no one seemed to even acknowledge that it happened.

We need a side by side gallery with all the
LRIGs and their human forms. Some are obvious and/or we already knew, but others not so much.

http://i.imgur.com/94Fs69T.jpg

Piriluk

http://i.imgur.com/JFTIEC6.jpg

Aki-Lucky's second LRIG

http://i.imgur.com/whK9w6c.jpg

Hanayo

http://i.imgur.com/1E7azum.jpg

Eldora

http://i.imgur.com/yCOP1lx.jpg

Futase

http://i.imgur.com/0kHmSBb.jpg

Midoriko

9 minutes into Selector Spread WIXOSS - 2

Ginger-chan: You make me mad!
Brunette-chan: But Ginger-chan, you look so cute when you're mad.
Ginger-chan: Oh. Want to be lesbians?

Wait, did you watch S1 first?

Somebody just spoiled me SAO II. Or III, I don't know where is the spoiler from.

Just tell people to not spoil you. j/k

I'm pretty sure that most of the place that discuss SAO that aren't discussing what is airing but are discussing the upto date books . Just so you know , Sao Season 2 covers vol 5-8 and we are at vol 15 with spoilers for Vol16..
Your spoiler was vol 9

So yeah .. don't discuss Sao on the internet unless you know the place is safe...

Your episode 1 impression made it sound like you just picked it up on a whim, and then the next post was using substitutes for character names. Just wanted to be sure, wouldn't blame anyone for switching Spread and Infected. lol

Oh, the names were a bad attempt to be humorous, and I wasn't planning on watching the second season, but it seems so popular here, so I went back in.

Just tell people to not spoil you. j/k

I'm pretty sure that most of the place that discuss SAO that aren't discussing what is airing but are discussing the upto date books . Just so you know , Sao Season 2 covers vol 5-8 and we are at vol 15 with spoilers for Vol16..
Your spoiler was vol 9

So yeah .. don't discuss Sao on the internet unless you know the place is safe...

Thanks for the info. I was talking with somebody and he just spewed it out.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Wow, just came across Marvel Disk Wars anime LOl.
An Avengers anime wasn't enough so they had to turn them into "Pokemon" for little kids to use.

It's really quite a fun show. I'm one of the subbers and I've loved nearly every episode. The fun it has with the mythos while making its own is qiute something. Hell, the current arc is going into Hank Pym/Giant-Man and Ultron.

Midonin

PriPara 25

And what happened then? In Parajuku they say
That Okanda's small heart grew three sizes that day

I thought it was because of Lala's dad that "Himeka" and "Sugar" had their falling out, but it turns out to be comparable to the start of Suite Precure. And the fact that they go to a place that encourages stage names and obscuring of identities. There is some poetic irony in the fact that Gloria, who was rebelling against The Man (and buying into the immortal goddess that is Meganee, long praise her idol philosophy) wasn't able to see Himeka because her own principal - even back in the 90s (did we really not have perforation back then?) - forbade her from doing PriPara, which is exactly what Gloria grew up to be.

Thankfully, she's lifted the ban and returned all the tickets. I loved that little moment of shock when Lala's friends found out their dorky classmate is really an idol celebrity. The moment of all six performing was pretty sweet, too. It doesn't top last year's performance of "gift", and Aikatsu has had bigger numbers, but it's a nice moment to close off the second cour of the show.

Or is it more like the second out of seven? The show's been confirmed to continue for a second season, keeping the same main cast of characters (likely to make up for losing a cour to All Star Selection). Which gives me plenty more time to ruminate on the politics and marketing of this world and its ticket-breaking rituals. It's barefaced capitalism, but then I see the other shows on TV Tokyo and the entire late night market and know that's how things roll. It still gives me plenty to talk about.

Like who is Faruru, and what does she want in the third cour? Are you the next Rinne?

Selector spread WIXOSS - 12
I really didn't think that this year i'll watch a card game in anime that would be trully entertaining from start to finish with nice twists and fun characters.
Wixoss managed to end it in a way that don't feel like an asspull , yet is one .. all while being coherent.

Heck it even ended on hope for the future , something that is almost a miracle given what was happenning During season 2

Wixoss is a 8.5/10 in my eyes , highly entertaining and refreshing in a way
Too bad , wixoss wasn't even nearly the saddest anime of this season since yuki yuna exist , now "that" is harder if you want a [good] ending

Selector Spread WIXOSS - 2

So, remember when I said that the show wasn't as random and crazy as Black Rock Shooter. Yeah, not anymore. The show is completely off the rails, now, and it was barely on the rails before.

Ok GAF, my friend needed somebody to watch Gundam G with him and none of his gundam mates wanted to do it (something about the anime being bad?), so I bit the bullet and I'm going to watch it with him. This will be my first actual Gundam anime, IIRC, I have the DVD for Gundam Seed that my friend gave me but never watched it.

Wish me luck.

Syrinx

Date a LIve II OVA

Huh, that's strange. I could have sworn I was promised a Kurumi OVA, not
a lame-as-fuck rogue Kurumi clone OVA. Seriously, I was curious the whole time why she was sucking so much, save the scene where she took a dump on Yoshino's hope and dreams which was the highlight. Then...nope! Kurumi clone! Pls understand.

It's really quite a fun show. I'm one of the subbers and I've loved nearly every episode. The fun it has with the mythos while making its own is qiute something. Hell, the current arc is going into Hank Pym/Giant-Man and Ultron.
Im actually enjoying it but the premise is so ridiculous to me.(even for a show about superheroes.)

Okay, that's helpful. Thanks. Thought
Ulith
might be among them, but guess not.
I actually thought the 3rd pic was her at first.

Narag

Ok GAF, my friend needed somebody to watch Gundam G with him and none of his gundam mates wanted to do it (something about the anime being bad?), so I bit the bullet and I'm going to watch it with him. This will be my first actual Gundam anime, IIRC, I have the DVD for Gundam Seed that my friend gave me but never watched it.

Wish me luck.

The only thing that is bad is their taste.

Wish me luck.

Probably a poor choice for your first Gundam series.

And his Gundam "mates" are prob Wing fans

The only thing that is bad is their taste.

Hmm, I don't know the series yet, so I won't judge (for now).

Probably a poor choice for your first Gundam series.

And his Gundam "mates" are prob Wing fans

Nah, they don't like Wing, I've heard them trash talk about that one. And I'm doing this because my friend always helped me, so I thought it wouldn't hurt for me to watch something with him for once.

zulux21

Brilliant park ep 12

so that felt like a finale... so I have a feeling next week is a beach episode or something :p
either way I was super happy that at no point did anyone try to sabotage anything. From the start I was worried the bank would cheat and stop people from coming or try to stop them on technicalities but it never happened. Thus overall I actually enjoyed the series decently. It could have been better, but it easily could have been far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom