• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 1-2

These two eps have been pretty heavy with action, and not much explanation. But what it does explain is done succinctly; I'd rather learn about Ledo's old life/society in seemingly throw-away lines like how many hours he's been a soldier
which amounts to over 16 years
, or how he now has the right to reproduce
and spend four days relaxing on a planet, after all that time in service
. The current world seems pretty interesting too, humanity's all on rusty old ships, as does the way the language barrier is handled. Earth people (and by that I mean Amy) reacting to space tech is the best.

The best.

This was a good show. The last few episodes are a bit abrupt in pace but it's still a fun watch.

1415668948431ywukg.jpg

Torpedo tits has no right to call anyone childish.

Especially with that bear fetish of hers.

Which admittedly, is very cute when it has a face like this.

cajunator

Banned
Encouragement of Climb 05

We have a local store called Pack and Paddle that is a lot like this. Lots of camping/hiking gear. It was here before the big box store Academy. It services mainly Boy Scouts, but its a comfy looking store like that. Also, that other girl is a cutie!

I think I'm ready to see the Date A Live: Encore OVA with Kurumi...

Wmtc9ex.jpg

Nope, not ready. My heart can't take it. Other day.

LOL. Seems pretty amazing.

phaze

House of Five Leaves 01

Judging by this episode, me and this show will get along just fine. It was a fairly lighthearted and subdued introduction to the ronin Akitsu who, due to his shyness, has trouble with finding and more importantly, keeping a job. Fortunately for him, he stumbles upon a gang of kidnappers who are in need of his services. Not much say here other that I really like the overall aesthetic and adore the classical music that was used here. Though it made that weird track in the OP all the more jarring.

Clov

House of Five Leaves 01

Judging by this episode, me and this show will get along just fine. It was a fairly lighthearted and subdued introduction to the ronin Akitsu who, due to his shyness, has trouble with finding and more importantly, keeping a job. Fortunately for him, he stumbles upon a gang of kidnappers who are in need of his services. Not much say here other that I really like the overall aesthetic and adore the classical music that was used here. Though it made that weird track in the OP all the more jarring.

Glad to see you're enjoying this! If you liked this episode, I can imagine that you'll be fine with the rest.

Nagisa no Asuka - 04

That fucking MC...hope I needn't drop the show just because of how insufferable he is. God damn it, I can't stand those way over-dramatized shouting/crying sequences in anime anymore. I actually cringed when Hikari shouted before and while apologizing to the other students.

I'm also kinda tired of the many Japanese writers that keep inserting the entire "I WANT TO PROTECT YOU" angle into their characters. Now I don't have a problem of parents being protective of their kids, or people wanting to prevent one-another from harm in general, however when it seems like the primary goal in someone in an equal relationship is to protect the other one and the writer implies being that protective is a great trait to have, that's where I'm getting annoyed.

Hikari is somewhat lauded by others pretty much purely due to his high protectiveness and caring so much for others. But what I actually see is him mostly doing stupid shit thanks to being so stupidly protective. Fuck that guy, for now he's just an annoying, jealous jerk and he better changes.

Moussi

Psycho Pass 11
Wow. I loved the first season of this, but that was a terrible 2nd season. I waited all year for the second season, BUT SPOILARS...
NOTHING HAPPENED...

Wow. So underwhelming.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Perfect Blue

Wait, wait, so
Rumi was Mima all along? Which was the dream and which was reality?
my mindjdndkdjdnddjd

I give it four Paprikas and ten Inceptions.

Rumi was pretending to be Mima to relive her idol days. She was also the killer. It just so happened that Rumi's delusions and serial killing coincided with Mima's shattered psyche so Mima began to doubt who she was.

Spreading Wixoss end

So uh...
They just gonna leave Ulith dead like that, or was she revived with the other girls? Like it was tough to tell who 90% of them were without their stupid clothes and hair.

Spreading Wixoss end

So uh...
They just gonna leave Ulith dead like that, or was she revived with the other girls? Like it was tough to tell who 90% of them were without their stupid clothes and hair.
Pretty sure Ulith is just dead. Mayu is dead because well she was always dead anyway. I assume Ulith dies because she was a monster and the world is better off with her dead. Not sure I like the fact she dies though.

whats the spoiler?

I don't know if this is from the light novels or from the anime, so beware:
Somebody will do something to Kirito and he'll get in a coma or something like that. Not the season 1 thing, a new one, apparently.

I would be mad if somebody spoiled me the first arc or the GGO arc. The current one IDGAF.

Pretty sure Ulith is just dead. Mayu is dead because well she was always dead anyway. I assume Ulith dies because she was a monster and the world is better off with her dead. Not sure I like the fact she dies though.

I'm just not so cool with how it was handled and how no one seemed to even acknowledge that it happened.

We need a side by side gallery with all the
LRIGs and their human forms. Some are obvious and/or we already knew, but others not so much.

TUSR

Banned
I don't know if this is from the light novels or from the anime, so beware:
Somebody will do something to Kirito and he'll get in a coma or something like that. Not the season 1 thing, a new one, apparently.

I would be mad if somebody spoiled me the first arc or the GGO arc. The current one IDGAF.

Thats not from S1 (SAO/ALO) or S2 (GGO/Excalibur/Mother's Rosario), probably will be S3 and then some.

Rainy

Banned
Never watched Date a Live, is it good?

Also I for some reason watched 55 episodes of FMA: B a year ago and then got busy because of MCAT studying and school etc. Read some episode summaries last night and watched 1 episode then watched 8 this morning.

What a great series despite my highly disjointed viewing.

fertygo

Amagi - 12

Damn, that's pretty good.. I actually root for them in that first half, and Tiramie remain as the best character.

Midonin

Chocotto Sister Advent Calendar Day 19

The contrast between Odaeri and Makoto/Arisa was a nice focal point for the episode. It also revealed that Choco can recognize her favorite idol on sight, but is basically unaware of Makoto's modeling career. Getting some more backstory for the members of Tsubaki makes the world feel a little bigger.

Kiddy Grade 10-12

Okay, not only are the rich folks dicks, they're
murderous
dicks. It's like the central conflict of Occupy, mixed with a bit of racism, and exploding into a pretty serious situation that has real world ramifications regardless of if the series was set in space or not. The stuff with Eclair's memories is also interesting. The other self that's speaking to her is so unlike the friendly her we've seen throughout the series. The tension has certainly ratcheted up a few notches, to say the least.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Terraformars 13 END

Well that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The censorship really killed it in the beginning but at least we got it uncensored later. In the animation department, you could totally see where they cut corners. This last episode in particular was all over the place. As for pacing (since this was a manga adaptation), it was a lot rougher than I expected. Some arcs could have been done in way less time and some arcs just got shoehorned. The adaptation is pretty solid for the most part, thank god it didn't have a original ending. Overall, I enjoyed the show for what it was.

7.8/10
It was ok.
Second Season is likely to happen.

BosSin

Its worse than you can imagine
Season 2 kind of redeems itself with Sinon because she's that great but still its no gem.
I just finished the first season, fuck me. I didn't think it could get any worse, but I may well have just been watching hentai. How far down this rabbit hole can they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom