• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam: Reconguista in G 13:
Lots of serious business and shit getting real here, but based Tomino still found time for stuff like Barara butting Bellri out of the way in zero g and Klim Nick stealing every scene with his genius. I love the way that Aida just confidently declares their new goal at the end of the episode (complete with the way the music played it up). It honestly felt like a scene out of a completely different series.

This episode also had a lot of good bits with characters interacting with people they haven't had much of a chance to do so. That stuff was all pretty fun. And Raraiya might actually be getting development and explanation for how she got like this? It's only taken half the series.

DATE A LIVE : Encore 3

I still can't get enough of kurumi "gokigenyou"

I would have rated this oav Far higher if this wasn't for that ending. Somehow this doesn't feel right. and it's a shame since it was much entertaining up to "that" point .

Now i don't feel like posting kurumi pics anymore. in the end that was an average Oav that did some magnificent fanservice but failed near the end.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is SHAFT making this shit and not Soma?

THERE IS NO GOD.

Gundam: G no Reconguista - Episode 1

Why
are there cheerleaders on space
? How
could that girl breath that high on space? Isn't that near the height the dude on real life jumped using a space suit
? Besides these questions, it was a good episode, nothing bad to say about it so far.

PS: Just remembered something - why the fuck
did those guards hit the girls
? C'mon, that was unnecessary, one
kicked a girl and one slapped another
. That made me mad.

"G! G!!"

Narag

Gundam G - Episode 1

Why
are there cheerleaders on space
? How
could that girl breath that high on space? Isn't that near the height the dude on real life jumped using a space suit
? Besides these questions, it was a good episode, nothing bad to say about it so far.

. That made me mad.

"G! G!!"

Oh G-Reco, not G Gundam. Still, they have bad taste.

. That made me mad.

"G! G!!"

That's just a Gundam thing. Slapping is a long running joke.
And you should just roll with the wackier things like space cheerleaders.

Selector Spread Wixoss 12
Still fairly confusing up until Mayu was finally defeated, but it shouldn't be a surprise considering the series rewrites the rules as it goes. I'm a bit sad that this went with one of the happier endings.

Midonin

What work has shaft done? And what is the show that they are making?
Their latest show next season is Happy Cooking Graffiti, their second major Manga Time Kirara adaptation after Hidamari Sketch.

They've also made the Monogatari series, Nisekoi, Pani Poni Dash, Natsu no Arashi, Zetsubou-sensei, Moon Phase, ef, Arakawa Under the Bridge, And Yet the Town Moves.

And Madoka Magica.

Their latest show next season is Happy Cooking Graffiti, their second major Manga Time Kirara adaptation after Hidamari Sketch.

They've also made the Monogatari series, Nisekoi, Pani Poni Dash, Natsu no Arashi, Zetsubou-sensei, Moon Phase, ef, Arakawa Under the Bridge, And Yet the Town Moves.

And Madoka Magica.

Only one I have heard of on that list is madoka magica and from the impressions on that, it seems like maybe I should look out for their upcoming shows. How are the others? Any good?

Midonin

How are the others? Any good?
There's a wide variety of genres in there, but I'd say Hidamari Sketch and Zetsubou-sensei are worth checking out for sure, though Pani Poni Dash has its fans (it's one of the more surreal ones) and And Yet the Town Moves (Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru) is also pretty good. If you're in the mood for something more dramatic, the ef: a tale of memories/melodies pair might work. Monogatari is another really huge one - and heavy on the talking.

I forgot a few more from that list. Denpa Onna, Maria Holic (has some yuri flavorings, might not be a good first one) and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (has a lot of Japanese spiritual concepts.) Dance in the Vampire Bund and Mekaku City Actors are some of the lower-ranked ones, but I want to mention them.

It depends on what you're looking for, really.

And Madoka Magica

Nothing but good stuff

( except ef , i haven't seen that one )

141503794340357jiv.gif

It's kinda amazing how in only a few minutes, these shorts tend to be even better than the anime.

All thanks to Yuka rambling as a flustered Lim.

Amaburi 12

Wait that wasnt the last episode?

Enjoyed this episode a lot. I just want a spin off with the crying shark in a sailor outfit. Thats just the funniest/cutest thing ever.

zulux21

Amaburi 12

Wait that wasnt the last episode?

Enjoyed this episode a lot. I just want a spin off with the crying shark in a sailor outfit. Thats just the funniest/cutest thing ever.
nope it's 13 episodes.
thus I expect episode 13 to either be.
A. A beach episode where they all go to the beach to celebrate.
B. An Idol episode where all of the female characters get on stage and sing songs... to celebrate.
C. A random flashback episode that answers a few questions of the past but leaves us with a lot more.
D. An episode that screws around with random stuff and then dumps major next arc bombs to get people excited for another season (that will never come :( )

Not with Browngate it isn't.

I haven't a clue what Browngate is... is it some sort of part of JC Staff?

Damn it, there is perhaps TOO much anime. I have, now, apparently all I the good/great shaft animes to watch amongst my already hefty list.

This is not Including my backlog for other forms of media/entertainment or social life :(

Gundam: G no Reconguista - Episode 2

Still not seeing what's bad in this, they even have mechanical chocobos. SAO first season part 2 (ALO) was way, waaay worse than this. And I bet that old dude in the beginning will end up as a bad guy, along with the pope. I liked the protagonist going all
super saiyan in the end, that was one badass clean shot, OHKO.

The part with the slingshot was dumb though.

"I'll do this with girl poweeer!!"

Mitch

Banned
Gundam: G no Reconguista - Episode 2

Still not seeing what's bad in this, they even have mechanical chocobos. SAO first season part 2 (ALO) was way, waaay worse than this. And I bet that old dude in the beginning will end up as a bad guy, along with the pope. I liked the protagonist going all
super saiyan in the end, that was one badass clean shot, OHKO.

The part with the slingshot was dumb though.

"I'll do this with girl poweeer!!"
Yet another show I dropped due to being distracted. I think I stopped around episode 4. Always enjoyed watching Gundam. Gotta marathon all of Gundam Unicorn one of these days.

Date a LIve II OVA

Huh, that's strange. I could have sworn I was promised a Kurumi OVA, not
a lame-as-fuck rogue Kurumi clone OVA. Seriously, I was curious the whole time why she was sucking so much, save the scene where she took a dump on Yoshino's hope and dreams which was the highlight. Then...nope! Kurumi clone! Pls understand.
But who is the real clone?

cajunator

Banned
Damn it, there is perhaps TOO much anime. I have, now, apparently all I the good/great shaft animes to watch amongst my already hefty list.

This is not Including my backlog for other forms of media/entertainment or social life :(

There are thousands of shows. Way way too many to ever watch. Its sobering.

zulux21

With the studio it has I doubt it and it's already ruined with MC's VA being Kirito's. Like fuck I heard him in the PV and all I could think of was Kirito cooking food.

Would this be considered AOTY?

the VA sounded fine to me *shrugs*
as for the studio, the PV at the very least looked really solid.
and when I say AOTY I clearly mean for just myself :p (as long as it's remotely a decent adaption it would have beaten out pretty much every show not named no game no life this year for me as the source material is that enjoyable for me)
just like NGNL is AOTY this year.

Compsiox

Banned
Here are some Crunchyroll Guest Passes:
  • C4PE39KKPUP
  • LWJCJEHMSDM
  • 737R5WXR6R3
For those who don't know for some stupid reason:
Receive a free 48-Hour All-Access Guest Pass for every 30 days you are a Premium Member. Gift the Guest Pass to your friends so they can experience the Crunchyroll All-Access Premium Membership!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why is SHAFT making this shit and not Soma?

THERE IS NO GOD.

They understand the untapped potential of a niche market. SHAFT doing a health show is the most exciting development in bad quasi-erotic anime in years.

Ventara

There's a Date A Live Season 2? Man, where have I been? I need to watch that asap once I'm done with SAO2. Can't get enough of my Origami best waifu.

Ventara

Date A Live 2 Episode 1

Had to watch it to see if how it was, and it was alright. I don't remember much from Season 1, but this episode seemed par for the course, though it seemed more like an introductory episode since nothing story-heavy happened. Tohka is still retarded, Kotori is still incompetent, Kurumi is still a sadist, and Origami is still best waifu.

They should just go ahead and make her the main heroine. Show would be garbage without her.

rrvv

the VA sounded fine to me *shrugs*
as for the studio, the PV at the very least looked really solid.
and when I say AOTY I clearly mean for just myself :p (as long as it's remotely a decent adaption it would have beaten out pretty much every show not named no game no life this year for me as the source material is that enjoyable for me)
just like NGNL is AOTY this year.

every anime PV will always look better than actual anime since the have enough budget to do 2 minute of animation but not for 12x25 of anime. consider it JC Staff. it probably inconsistent.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters Try 5-11

Despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding it, Katsuhisa Houki replacing the ailing Masashi Hirose really cements this as the cheap imitation it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom