• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

So, Ever17 writer is doing an Anime, eh?

Producers: MAPPA

Good so far...

Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life

j6IGZFaQkeXFO.jpg

wat

Midonin

FSN UBW 11

The calm before the one-hour finale. I knew this was coming sooner or later. The part I probably paid the most attention to was Rin comparing Shiro and Kiritsugu and how, in some ways, they really are alike. But apparently being able to be compared to Batman goes a long way in the online community, no matter how badly you screw things up. I think that makes Shiro Robin, which makes me wonder if/when he's going to graduate to Nightwing.

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - 6

So in this episode, we have a supposed My Little Pony fan gone completely bonkers, a chaotic duel between Sousuke and that cop lady from episode 2, and a visit to an abandoned hospital to try and scare Sousuke.

But it turns out, Sousuke ain't fraid of no ghosts. He's afraid of Chidori getting hurt. Awwww. :)
He's also scared of yandere janitors.

Thoraxes

if I recall right the series of light novels is still on going.
they still have a few plot points to work with
the evil wizard
breaking the curse
making sure the park keeps running well as they only hit the bare minimum that would work.

I am still expecting either a beach or idol ep for the last ep though.
I'm okay with this.

Nafe

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying

I decided to take a look at this show and have watched a few episodes now since it's one of the seasons short shows. It's about an otaku husband living with his wife who really isn't as interested in anime and such hobbies.

I've seen quite a few here say they can relate to the show but they seem to mean more the husband than the wife. For me personally I can relate more to the wife. It was just up until around first reading AnimeGaf or maybe just before that I had the same reaction as her there in the pictures.

I saw someone on a message board ask in more general terms "Who do you think is "seme" and who is "uke""? or maybe more of a "they are definitely a seme/uke" and my reaction was just...what? I hadn't heard the terms before, or at least not in the context they meant, so I had no idea what they were talking about. It wasn't that long after that I saw what they meant. I guess as some silly thing for fun it could be amusing but I still don't really understand those that feel they have to categorize every character in this way to satisfy some weird OCD I guess.

That brings me to the next point that is covered briefly in the show in made up pairings referred to as "shipping". I didn't know what that was until recently either. Again I saw more of a general "which characters do you ship?" and I just thought...ship? Like, as in transport? Haha. Of course that made no sense right away and it was soon after I understood what they meant. A little while later I had to look up what "OTP" meant though. Again, maybe for fun but I really don't understand why some take it so seriously.

I also don't get those that feel every character has to like another or be gay for them. Guys and girls can just be friends, they don't have to be gay. It's like this concept doesn't exist to them. That and if a heterosexual pairing is made they also get mad. Guys and girls can love each other. They make up some pairing and then get mad at the author if they don't happen to appease the pairing they made up.

It just reminds me of recently with the Naruto manga ending and some of the fans getting mad and declaring it "unofficial" simply because their made up pairing isn't what happened. I saw most of the first Avatar show but haven't seen any of the next one, Legend of Korra, yet. I don't know what happened but it sounds like the show has ended and some are upset at the show simply because their pairing wasn't chosen.

Basically I've been a long time fan of anime but don't understand the "fandom" around anime.

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying

I decided to take a look at this show and have watched a few episodes now since it's one of the seasons short shows. It's about an otaku husband living with his wife who really isn't as interested in anime and such hobbies.

I've seen quite a few here say they can relate to the show but they seem to mean more the husband than the wife. For me personally I can relate more to the wife. It was just up until around first reading AnimeGaf or maybe just before that I had the same reaction as her there in the pictures.

I saw someone on a message board ask in more general terms "Who do you think is "seme" and who is "uke""? or maybe more of a "they are definitely a seme/uke" and my reaction was just...what? I hadn't heard the terms before, or at least not in the context they meant, so I had no idea what they were talking about. It wasn't that long after that I saw what they meant. I guess as some silly thing for fun it could be amusing but I still don't really understand those that feel they have to categorize every character in this way to satisfy some weird OCD I guess.

That brings me to the next point that is covered briefly in the show in made up pairings referred to as "shipping". I didn't know what that was until recently either. Again I saw more of a general "which characters do you ship?" and I just thought...ship? Like, as in transport? Haha. Of course that made no sense right away and it was soon after I understood what they meant. A little while later I had to look up what "OTP" meant though. Again, maybe for fun but I really don't understand why some take it so seriously.

I also don't get those that feel every character has to like another or be gay for them. Guys and girls can just be friends, they don't have to be gay. It's like this concept doesn't exist to them. That and if a heterosexual pairing is made they also get mad. Guys and girls can love each other. They make up some pairing and then get mad at the author if they don't happen to appease the pairing they made up.

Why post the naruto manga ending in the anime thread?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sword Art Online II 1-End

Well... I never thought I would say that, SAO is actually enjoyable, at least 3 times better than Gundam R somthing G.

Whoever the editor is for SAO Part 3 onward should get a huge raise.

Quasar

I'm disturbed by how much I care about this, in that I felt a brief pang of disgust

I wonder how unusual those numbers are for popular long running series. I mean I wonder how say Index compares.

In the end though I'm not going to complain seeing lots of kids reading YA fiction. this makes me happy.

Jex

Production issues. The staff weren't able to finish the 12 episodes in Spring, and got so behind Aniplex had to make a Durarara!! special and the SAO recap episode to take up the time for the two additional episodes that will be screened in theatres. Aniplex is getting more money through box office than making another 2-episode special again..

Well, I'm pretty glad that they're sticking to having a high quality production.

I don't know why I ever got hyped for the trash that was UBW......maybe it was due to Ufotable and their pretty trailers, maybe it was from hope that Shirou would not be such a frustrating character and that Rin would not fall into stereotypes so easily.....or maybe it was naivety.

Jex

WIXOSS FINALE SPOILERS
Speaking of the ending, how about
Aki-lucky? It seems to imply that she's still working as a model. However, she's also presumably still insane and a danger to everyone around her.

Aki-lucky has
become Aki-lovely has become Akira, remember? She's all healed now.

And anyway, it's not her fault that she was a twisted human being. It was her dad's fault! She's not to blame, unlike Ulith who was just born evil.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know why I ever got hyped for the trash that was UBW......maybe it was due to Ufotable and their pretty trailers, maybe it was from hope that Shirou would not be such a frustrating character and that Rin would not fall into stereotypes so easily.....or maybe it was naivety.

Its just not as good as FZ. Also they couldnt draw Rin right. That was its fatal flaw.

Jex

To be fair, Ufotable only promised that it would look good. And it does!

Blusby

Just thought it was funny:

image.php

Nobunaga Concerto Episode 10 (drama)

Nobunaga's life is too saddening and painful. All these losses after happy times. The chri-pa of last episode and then Oyuki's betrayal episodes before. .

to die right after going on a date with Toshii, he seemed and looked so happy too. :( And Oyuki was finally on the right track even :(

cajunator

Banned
Finally opened up the Cowboy Bebop set. Really impressed with overall packaging.
I thought it was kind of funny to see so many repressed anime fans buying the set and getting confused about the DVDs that came with it.
Guess some people really havent bought anime in over a decade.

Log Horizon 2 12

I don't really understand Shiroe's plan at all.
And that "revelation" with Tetra doesn't make her a likeable character. Not even close.

-----------------------------

I hope its faster paced than the first half. Felt like it dragged to long at times.

Some of the battles in the second half are longer (a lot longer) but they are better and more interesting.

----------------------------

Hey I bought a thing AKA the only thing worth buying from that RightStuf sale

B5Uxj9sIcAAbG_I.jpg:large

Ten dollars for the MOST DANGEROUS MAN ALIVE and some other hyperviolent OVAs I never watched what a steal

My camera is bad and I apologize for subjecting your eyes to it.

Branduil

WIXOSS FINALE SPOILERS

Aki-lucky has
become Aki-lovely has become Akira, remember? She's all healed now.

And anyway, it's not her fault that she was a twisted human being. It was her dad's fault! She's not to blame, unlike Ulith who was just born evil.

Did her dad do something? I don't remember him even existing.

Log Horizon 2 12

I don't really understand Shiroe's plan at all.

Well in mmos there are 2 types of housing mecanics :
1-Houses that are virtual space that are limitless in number , that mean everyone goes to the same entranceto their own private space. Once you have them , it's your forever ( phantasy star online use this mecanic )
2-Houses that are psysical buildings on the map. In mmos if you can buy them it's never forever since the player can stop playing and then you would have a space in the world unused. In fact there is the buying cost and then there is the maintenance coast. It's a fee the owner has to pay in order to keep ownership of the building usually if you fail to pay after a certain time you lose your items and the place is open again for buying. ( Final fantasy 14 uses this mecanic )

Log horizon uses point 2.
They bought all the buildings that hold a strategic value , this include the guild hall , the church and several places that are necessary for survival ( including the palace lenessia lives on since people of the land can't own buildings and it will be a problem if no adventurer can't enter the place to protect her if needed) .Problem after a while they run the risk of some place being bought by their ennemies and using that against them. Should they fail to keep the chuch safe , where would they reappear once they die ?

Shiroe had 3 choices :
A-Secure lot of money but that would prevent them from devellopping akihabara properly ( since a lot of their budget is eaten by this )
B-Go on the offensive and try to hinder their ennemies progress as well ( hard to do since the yamato server is huge and that would mean open hostilities )
C-Make it
so that nobody can buy zones for themselves ( outside exceptions like guild buildings private rooms ) that option has several advantages , like removing their strain on their budget ( this include research on the world that have advanced but not as fast as anyone has hoped , heck the transport gates are still offline ) , making the adventurers closer to the people of the land ( something that is shiroe goal since S1 ) , gain a little trust on the kunie clan side ( something he definitly needs but that was just the start )
So he went with Plan C in order to have some bargain regarding Plant Hwyaden since the anime doesn't hide that they should be the next focus

And that "revelation" with Tetra doesn't make her a likeable character. Not even close.
Well there was actually 2 rélévations in that episode , but everyone focus on this one when the other reveal regarding tetra is actually bigger. It's like nobody paid attention lol.

So outside of background, does WIXOSS had production value?

It is NOT a bad looking show .There are like no instance of bad face or lack of details in the 2 seasons .
The only problem is some cheap shoots during wixoss battles that are more part of their refusal to give clear rules to those.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well there was actually 2 rélévations in that episode , but everyone focus on this one when the other reveal regarding tetra is actually bigger. It's like nobody paid attention lol.

I caught it,
Terta is or was an agent of that samurai member of Plant Hwyaden.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
FSN UBW 11

The calm before the one-hour finale. I knew this was coming sooner or later. The part I probably paid the most attention to was Rin comparing Shiro and Kiritsugu and how, in some ways, they really are alike. But apparently being able to be compared to Batman goes a long way in the online community, no matter how badly you screw things up. I think that makes Shiro Robin, which makes me wonder if/when he's going to graduate to Nightwing.
Eh Shirou was the original Batman in this story considering how Kiritugu's backstory expansion came way, way afterwards and Shirou's future self is the most popular male in the franchise for long ass while. He's also an actual "hero".

fertygo

Eh Shirou was the original Batman in this story considering how Kiritugu's backstory expansion came way, way afterwards and Shirou's future self is the most popular male in the franchise for long ass while. He's also an actual "hero".

Who's the most popular now?

EDOT: Fuck, top page..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom