• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ushinawareta Mirai Wo Motomete - 12

Very good finale , plenty of powerfull moments heading toward a conclusion that was well thought.
It's a shame that We only have guesses and no confirmations but i have to admit that seeing the fate
of old kaori was good
However , had we seen the protagonist on the other side of the loop , i would have find it perfect.
I have similar feeligns on the fact that
Airi didn't get any closure no matter the route/realm/dimension
As it is , the ending was good , not great .. but good is sometimes enough.

At least it's a VN adaptation that didn't do bollocks and stayed on course ...

Vito

Banned
My heart melted:

rinwinkedit.gif

Followed by complete cardiac arrest.

What can I say, I can be shallow. I'd probably have watched the show regardless, but Rin makes the bad parts easier to tolerate.

Necrovex

Quick question for the people who are familiar with One Pace (group of editors who edit the fillers out of the One Piece anime), is there anything like that for Naruto?

phaze

He not spoiling thing, don't worry.

Unless you feel that sound like Digimon 02 epilogue.

FSN full spoilers
The "Shirou's future self is the most popular male ..." signifies he's a separate character and seems like a pretty straight giveaway. I've seen at least one person here who's not aware of the fact and I don't think he would appreciate connecting the dots for him.

TUSR

Banned
Eh Shirou was the original Batman in this story considering how Kiritugu's backstory expansion came way, way afterwards and ...

He not spoiling thing, don't worry.

?

FSN full spoilers...

Exactly.

Now this one is fucking critical one, do not click

That is exactly what Phaze mentioned earlier. I haven't seen any of Fate/stay until this Ufotable adaptation and I was able to guess this last episode, but its still a spoiler.

I edited the supposed non-spoiler out of my original post. You should probably do the same.

Well in mmos there are 2 types of housing mecanics :
1-Houses that are virtual space that are limitless in number , that mean everyone goes to the same entranceto their own private space. Once you have them , it's your forever ( phantasy star online use this mecanic )
2-Houses that are psysical buildings on the map. In mmos if you can buy them it's never forever since the player can stop playing and then you would have a space in the world unused. In fact there is the buying cost and then there is the maintenance coast. It's a fee the owner has to pay in order to keep ownership of the building usually if you fail to pay after a certain time you lose your items and the place is open again for buying. ( Final fantasy 14 uses this mecanic )

Log horizon uses point 2.
They bought all the buildings that hold a strategic value , this include the guild hall , the church and several places that are necessary for survival ( including the palace lenessia lives on since people of the land can't own buildings and it will be a problem if no adventurer can't enter the place to protect her if needed) .Problem after a while they run the risk of some place being bought by their ennemies and using that against them. Should they fail to keep the chuch safe , where would they reappear once they die ?

Shiroe had 3 choices :
A-Secure lot of money but that would prevent them from devellopping akihabara properly ( since a lot of their budget is eaten by this )
B-Go on the offensive and try to hinder their ennemies progress as well ( hard to do since the yamato server is huge and that would mean open hostilities )
C-Make it
so that nobody can buy zones for themselves ( outside exceptions like guild buildings private rooms ) that option has several advantages , like removing their strain on their budget ( this include research on the world that have advanced but not as fast as anyone has hoped , heck the transport gates are still offline ) , making the adventurers closer to the people of the land ( something that is shiroe goal since S1 ) , gain a little trust on the kunie clan side ( something he definitly needs but that was just the start )
So he went with Plan C in order to have some bargain regarding Plant Hwyaden since the anime doesn't hide that they should be the next focus

Alright. I understand a bit more now, thanks.

mAc Chaos

Neo Member
?

Exactly.

That is exactly what Phaze mentioned earlier. I haven't seen any of Fate/stay until this Ufotable adaptation and I was able to guess this last episode, but its still a spoiler.

I edited the supposed non-spoiler out of my original post. You should probably do the same.

One of them vaguely referred to it -- he shouldn't have anyway, I don't know how it's so hard to not just burst into a thread and spill all of the secrets to a show -- but he didn't directly say it at least. You could at least read it and think there's a sequel to UBW where Shirou is a badass or something.

fertygo

?

Exactly.

Goku would be an adult at some point in dragon ball, F/SN also had sequel you know.

Its require hindsight to see further of that

TUSR

Banned
Goku would be an adult at some point in dragon ball, F/SN also had sequel you know.

Its require hindsight to see further of that

Yeah I don't know anything about the nasuverse outside of F/Z and whatever I've watched of UBW.

But the original post is a spoiler and this is horrible parellelism.

Phatmac

My heart melted:

rinwinkedit.gif

Followed by complete cardiac arrest.

What can I say, I can be shallow. I'd probably have watched the show regardless, but Rin makes the bad parts easier to tolerate.
Any Rin love is fine by me. Despite being a typical tsundere I can't hate.

Terra Formars - 13 [End]

Well that was an open ending. But this barely had a story anyway, so there wasn't much to work on.
I think this episode summarized pretty well what this show was. Lots of fights, character backgrounds and a progressive story that's developing at a snails phase. I'm not saying that in a bad way, because I don't think there could've been a good story to implement in this setting.

Terra was a surprise for me. I went in with no expectations, hearing all the racist stuff. I was able to look over that, and enjoyed what I saw otherwise. Gory, action heavy and with a slightly educational input I think this was a fun ride.
I will probably remember the Adolf arc the most, as it was likely the highlight of the season (Ep 08-10 for anyone curious to check it out).
I don't know how well this adaption did, nor how far into the source material we are, but the ending seemed to setup for more. I would definitely watch a second season.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 45

All three Toei shows had someone dressed in a Santa outfit tonight. Nothing can top Reindeer Ticket, but that's a TokuGAF thing. It had Christmas shopping, dealing with holiday treats - but not cakes - and lots of cute funtimes with Mirage and Blue. Turns out Deep Mirror's real name actually is Red, and seeing Red and Blue makes me wonder... does he have a Mega Charizard X or not? Because this is really important. Crystal isn't the only show today with a
brainwashed love interest
. Makes you realize how lucky Yuuyuu is that she hasn't had to deal with fighting a loved one at some point.

Sword Art Online II 24 END

I gotta say that arc was a good one. It was the right length too. I thought it would hard to care for SAO without some kind of danger in the game world but this arc proved me wrong thanks to the tragic character introduced here. I'm still not really looking forward to another SAO arc or anything but if the made more I'll continue to watch.

Nagi no Asukara - 05

Yeh that was actually really nice. It's really easy to empathize with Akari and Miuna as their situation truly isn't a comfortable one. The drama and tears, while laid on thickly, don't feel unjustified. Also Hikari wasn't actually annoying me this episode, which is quite the accomplishment.

Nagi no Asukara - 05

Yeh that was actually really nice. It's really easy to empathize with Akari and Miuna as their situation truly isn't a comfortable one. The drama and tears, while laid on thickly, don't feel unjustified. Also Hikari wasn't actually annoying me this episode, which is quite the accomplishment.

How is hii kun annoying?

Accel World 13-24+EX Episodes End

Was an ok show, like how the group who owns this has the random cross promotion between their anime like being the same world a Sword Art (seemingly) and promoting The Irregular at Magic Highschool in the background, and Tekken. In general though don't think I'd watch a second season. Premise was promising and very interesting but the characters and plot clearly are never going to take it to an interesting level. Limiting the age of the users to 15 has clear story ramifications and no one uses the burst link power to actually do anything in real life which is the biggest flaw. Turned out to be a generic hero show in anime form with an interesting background. All over I kept feeling like this was a teenage Kamen Rider fan's anime.

Had its moments though.

e_i

To Love Ru Darkness

So the show plot ends at 11
with Mea not being turned good and Yami and her mother not making up?
Really?

Also, this show is just Rito taking shit from all the girls all the fucking time. A normal man would have gone insane by now.

Space Dandy 12

Ha that was a fun episode. QT's obsession with fishing was adorable, I was heartbroken when Dandy and Meow shot her(?) down for another fishing trip, poor QT. The episode reminded me a lot of that Cowboy Bebop episode with the alien life form in the ship. A lot of humor and other similarities. Great episode though, I'm so glad I picked up this show, one last episode for season 1.

Idk if I can trust anybody on GAF anymore, any of you could be a chameleonian.

Midonin

Kiddy Grade 13-15

EcLu won't have anything left at this rate. They're fighting against a corrupt system that allowed the atrocities on the Nouvelesse planet to happen in the first place, but are becoming terrorists themselves. Losing Donny and their other robot friends wasn't fun either, and it's clear that the Tweedles don't like doing this as much as everyone else. If the entire system is wrecked, there's nothing to do but start from the ground up. Wondering more and more where the last half of the show is going.

World Trigger Episode 11

Pretty perfect episode for tv. Yuma backstory was pretty emotional and intense
though they could have extended or enhanced the run in with that nebulous neighbor entity

RangerBAD

So at the end of Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
that was Kaori, right? Basically, by saving Kaori another parallel world was created where he creates Yui and ends up with her there?

SAO II Series Impressions

When this started I wasn't optimistic. A new game with game mechanics that were absurd and the power fantasy of Kiritio running around with sword in a shooter had me rolling my eyes. The writing was hilariously melodramatic and the fan service thrown into each episode was out of place and distracting. Sinon is a complete throwaway character. As soon as she was introduced it became abundantly clear that she was just another part of Kirito's harem with her ass hanging out anytime they could fit it into the shot. The drama surrounding her phobia was eye rolling and at times hilarious. The arc as a whole was completely forgettable and not worth my time.

Once the "Gun of Guns" (lol) was over and it returned to the fairy world/Aincrad world the characters were playing in before Kirito left to save ass girl from Deathgun. This little story segment felt rushed and out of place that I couldn't help getting bored. Finally the last arc at the end of the season begins and I have to say this saved SAO II for me.

Mother's Rosario focuses on Asuna and a new character Yuuki as they adventure to become the first ones to clear a dungeon. It's pure MMO fun with a chipper character who is immediately likeable. It strays into the typical SAO melodrama but I find it quite believable and it is handled much better than previous arcs. Asuna and Yuuki both have great chemistry together. Even though Yuuki was only around for a short time she easily became my favorite character in the whole series. She is a strong character that has this lovable quirkiness to her. Asuna once again shows that she can be strong and independent when she isn't hanging off of Kirito's shoulder. Mother's Rosaria somewhat redeems her character and I can't be more thankful for that.

SAOII as a whole isn't worth watching. However, if you want to watch a decent MMO story between a group of friends working together to achieve something special between them, Mother Rosario (EP19+) doesn't disappoint. The OP is great, the action sequences are entertaining and Yuuki is the best character to come out of the series.

Accel World 13-24+EX Episodes End

Was an ok show, like how the group who owns this has the random cross promotion between their anime like being the same world a Sword Art (seemingly) and promoting The Irregular at Magic Highschool in the background, and Tekken. In general though don't think I'd watch a second season. Premise was promising and very interesting but the characters and plot clearly are never going to take it to an interesting level. Limiting the age of the users to 15 has clear story ramifications and no one uses the burst link power to actually do anything in real life which is the biggest flaw. Turned out to be a generic hero show in anime form with an interesting background. All over I kept feeling like this was a teenage Kamen Rider fan's anime.

Had its moments though.

Still the best fight of the series
tumblr_madswr4yuV1qdmk7ho2_500.gif

Also Red Kings missiles, and that one KYH side episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom