• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. You think a female would have stuck with Dandy for that long? Also the female coffee machine.

Lol true. I just assumed he was a she due to the feminine voice and the name QT. QT being a play on words for cutie. I would have a few coli images for this revelation, I am unfortunately on my phone.

The Kickstarter has finally come through for me! :D

3r0dkUF.jpg

shiiiit, I forgot about this. Are they doing any more orders or is this only for backers?

Quasar

To Love Ru Darkness

So the show plot ends at 11
with Mea not being turned good and Yami and her mother not making up?
Really?

Also, this show is just Rito taking shit from all the girls all the fucking time. A normal man would have gone insane by now.

Normal men arent that clumsy either.

Yowamushi Pedal 28

Onoda is powered by an anime OP lol. The method that he used to pass the pack barrier was insane.

Minousuji is really intimidating. The noises he makes and his mannerisms really add to the character.

HappinessCharge! Precure 45

yNmgD6M.jpg
GdeIKRL.jpg

Someone should fashion an avatar from this for me.

Not a great episode. Some cute moments, but why lipstick? Shit otherwise going down, as our final bad guy summons his OW THE EDGE.

Also nuzzling

ReXAyaB.jpg

MM! 1

Masochism turned rapist from what I see. I thought his best friend was going to be a girl in men's clothing, but it was the other way around. And thus I know why a buddy wanted me to watch this.

Everyone is violent, his family wants to practically fuck him with omelettes of love, everyone is a sexual deviant. Oh god, purple is afraid of men. I'm now recalling that one girl from Working!

What a terrible cast. Oh jesus, she's using the dog analogy instead of our masochist.

Space Dandy 13

Great finale. I felt really bad for QT, he was so happy to be around this girl and she ended up liking some other guy. Poor QT.
^So adorable!

That was a great and rather enjoyable season. Top notch animation, music and characters. If there was only one season I would be heart broken to leave this cast of characters. Can't wait to start season 2. I do kind of wish they would explain Dr. Gel's motivation for chasing down Dandy, but the creators may want to keep it ambiguous, which I'm okay with.

Still the best fight of the series

Also Red Kings missiles, and that one KYH side episode.

Yeah I really liked the random moments where the animation budget gets turned up for a few seconds at a time. In general I just thought it did not live up to what it could be. They would have to sell me with some good previews on a second season though, which I'm sure is coming.

Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete 12 END This anime had a really good episode 1 and a solid episode 2 but it never got as good as those two opening eps again I felt. The ending really didn't feel satisfying. Yes Kaori was back in the future timeline but the way the payoff was presented wasn't done well. It just sort of happened. Overall I felt the whole thing was average. Not really much romance in it either when you think about it.

MM! 2

Evidence stating that domestic violence is fucked up, and Yuno is validated for her fears. Good lord knows what else that cuntwad did to her. I mean for fuck sakes, it was just a scratch to the face, not cutting your fucking genitals and sticking them on a lamp.

And a new girl appears

Ace of Diamond Episode 61

Pretty epic episode, I hope Carlos can do something.

Though should have figured my Kawakami would get some action somehow. Poor Eijun, but at least Shirakawa is alright. IM hoping Kawakami can get that out. Prove to everyone how you are an awesome pitcher too. He's been my favorite pitcher since Mei.

fertygo

Ace of Diamond - 61

Goddammit, my boy Eijun can't handle clutch city ;_______;
What an awesome episode though, fucking intense and there's few nice animation bit and detailed drawing more than usual.

I swear if Seidou dropping this..

MM! 3

That dude who scarred Yuno for life got his bitch ass beaten. Fuck him. I can't help but feel as though he'll be back.

And new girl likes girls quite a bit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Finally going to give the anime version of Hunter x Hunter a look, is the version on Netflix badly desynced from the captions for everyone? Captions show up far in advance of their dialogue to the point that things overlap and its a bit confusing to follow

Sailor Moon Crystal 12

Eek what happened the last few weeks had been looking decent, guess that extra effort/budget ran out. Story was cliche yet predictable as it's more or less how they played out in the original series between Usagi and Mamoru, the really odd thing Crystal did was with the 4 dark kings. Why did you bother keeping alive, giving them back their memories AGAIN, and then instantly doing the equivalent of off screening them? It worked as an excuse for why the scouts took so long to get to Sailor Moon but it seemed almost mean spirited to hype people that we'd see these relationships develop more... nope.

Narag

Finally going to give the anime version of Hunter x Hunter a look, is the version on Netflix badly desynced from the captions for everyone? Captions show up far in advance of their dialogue to the point that things overlap and its a bit confusing to follow

I could swear it was just the early few eps that had the weird timing issues then it corrects itself as it goes along.

Link Man

Banned
Baka & Test 1-2

Donuts and bananas and yuri, oh my!

First episode was a bit dull, due to all the setup, but with that out of the way, episode 2 had more room to shine. Really starting to enjoy this.

MM! 5

So we have a genius loli, despite the fact that we already have a loli, a pretty boy lolicon whose reason for joining the loli's club may as well make him a genuine pedophile, and a hairbrain plot that has driven this show into... pardon my langauge... "full retard".

Accel World - 6

Leave it to Reki Kawahara to make weird systems for MMOs. Why would it cost points to level up? Putting points into your attack, defence, or speed I'd get. But why to level up? Imagine if World of Warcraft when every time you levelled up 10 levels, you'd have to pay 1 gold to advance. It should not consume an important resource needed throughout the game just to level up in an RPG!

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?

So at the end of Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
that was Kaori, right? Basically, by saving Kaori another parallel world was created where he creates Yui and ends up with her there?
That's the idea. It's just a shame they didn't show it.
SAOII - 24

Why didn't Kirito use Excalibur and dual-wield to crush Yuuki?
Yuuki still has a faster reaction time than kirito.
Dual wield is not going to give him such an advantage

Accel World - 6

Leave it to Reki Kawahara to make weird systems for MMOs. Why would it cost points to level up? Putting points into your attack, defence, or speed I'd get. But why to level up? Imagine if World of Warcraft when every time you levelled up 10 levels, you'd have to pay 1 gold to advance. It should not consume an important resource needed throughout the game just to level up in an RPG!

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?

Think demon souls were everything cost souls , but here it's points.
Kinda what happens when you use one currency for EVERYTHING

Holy shit

This is a fantastic adaption of HxH

Like, they're doing just the right amount of preserving the visual weirdness of the manga

You'll notice this won't hold true when you get to the end of the Greed Island arc and Chimera Ant arc because to be a true adaptation of HxH the tv version should have mostly been scribbles with a "go buy the BR/DVD for the finished product" /kappa

SAO S2 E24

The first 2-3 minutes felt like the finale montage to close out the series... and then they forgot they actually have another 17 minutes of episode left. I will say the first 4-5 minute of the episode were really really good, either the author of SAO entered a zen like state or someone else wrote this part because it was really well written and I refuse to accept the same guy who wrote the SAO/ALO/GGO arcs wrote all of this on his own.

The episode began to get goofy when
the entire fucking player base came to this funeral by the tree
. Having her guild mates show up was fine, having Kirito and the harem show up was acceptable, after that it was just silly and took me out of the moment. Then of course we had the most hilariously stupid twist? when it's revealed that OH NOES
the guy who made SAO was the same guy who invented the medicuboid that Yuuki was using
. I get that someone who is a bad guy can do good things/a good guy can do bad things, but the way Kirito and Asuna reacted to this news was really weird. Even if
SAO's creator wasn't directly involved with the medicuboid he laid the foundation for all this VR crap so the medicuboid would have lead back to him regardless this shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone

Overall I'd say SAO S2 is leaps and bounds better then SAO S1, that isn't saying much because SAO S1 was freaking awful. In some ways I guess SAO S2 is worse then S1 because it has less hilariously bad/stupid moments to laugh at though I was consistently entertained by S2 and I was far more invested in Yuuki's arc then I was anything in the entire rest of the series so bravo.

That's the idea. It's just a shame they didn't show it.
Yuuki still has a faster reaction time than kirito.
Dual wield is not going to give him such an advantage

I would still assume Excalibur was a stronger weapon then whatever he actually used, and considering the fight seemed to imply Kirito only lost because he ran out of time at the end perhaps the added damage Excalibur would have done could have made a difference. It's hard to tell in the anime as Kirito rarely used Excalibur but the only logic I could see is that it's a much heavier blade and he felt a faster/lighter weapon would match up better against Yuuki?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You'll notice this won't hold true when you get to the end of the Greed Island arc and Chimera Ant arc because to be a true adaptation of HxH the tv version should have mostly been scribbles with a "go buy the BR/DVD for the finished product" /kappa

Right okay sure haha, I just got finished with the tunnel run and I was just noticing how faithful they've been to the character designs and environments even when those are super weird. Its one of the things I always loved most about HxH: just how straight faced it takes every part of its insane world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom