• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't expect anybody to mention the Grisaia ED because the show is bad and the song is...eh, but it's packed with good visual blends, transitions, and tricks that actually relate to the show.

KevinRo

Can anyone help me with this scene/anime? I don't know where to look?

I remember reading a recommendation about a beautiful/romantic scene about a boy who catches a baseball from a girl in the street and walks away in love and starts to fly.

If that reminds anyone of an old ? (maybe not old?) anime and they can tell me I would be so happy!

Can anyone help me with this scene/anime? I don't know where to look?

I remember reading a recommendation about a beautiful/romantic scene about a boy who catches a baseball from a girl in the street and walks away in love and starts to fly.

If that reminds anyone of an old ? (maybe not old?) anime and they can tell me I would be so happy!

Sounds like Only Yesterday.

F3xZhuU.jpg

Prototype

Is the persona golden Anime any good?

I'm torn on watching it. I haven't played the game and not sure if I will. I did really like persona 3 tho.

Quasar

I'm torn on watching it. I haven't played the game and not sure if I will. I did really like persona 3 tho.

I thought it was excellent. Though you do need to have either played the game (I haven't) or watched the first Persona 4 show (I had).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only one I've watched is a Super Man 64 Let's Play since that did allow me to witness just how bad it was. Also since the person had played the game before and knew how it work there were no problems of watching someone fail again and again for 30 minutes.

Oh and then there were the clips wonzo linked of that guy who kept blaming the game every three seconds because he didn't know how to read.

wonzo

Banned
I suppose it not unexpected given this is a videogame site, but you don't see many folks being told go read the manga/LNs rather than watching an anime.
um, it happens all the time (and rightfully so if the source materials better)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shit, I'm still torn lol.

It's it the same story as the game?

Edit. The game is only on the vita though, isn't it?

Same story with a change to adapt into tv series.
Mostly focus on the extra from Persona 4 golden. If you already play or watch the Persona 4, you can watch it just fine.

Only few of the episode is memorable, The rest is...meh.
OST is good though.

What about watching a Let's Play narrated by a weeaboo teenager?

Worst kind of let's play

I suppose it not unexpected given this is a videogame site, but you don't see many folks being told go read the manga/LNs rather than watching an anime.

Depend on the adaptation i guess.

cajunator

Banned
Only one I've watched is a Super Man 64 Let's Play since that did allow me to witness just how bad it was. Also since the person had played the game before and knew how it work there were no problems of watching someone fail again and again for 30 minutes.

Oh and then there were the clips wonzo linked of that guy who kept blaming the game every three seconds because he didn't know how to read.

Actually, I did watch some full Lets Play videos. There was a special fundraising all Zelda game playthrough. I watched most of that and it was several days.

Blusby

It's bad, not to say that the original game is stellar either but yeah it consists entirely of the "extra" content from the vita release (which is bad).

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 391

5 minutes of Obito angst recap, why.

Second half of the episode was pretty decent. Deserved much better animation than it got but Sasuke vs Madara was okay. I imagine I would have liked it even more if I wasn't spoiler on most of these events. At least we're seemingly past the mopy Obito as the main villain. I don't think I could suffer through more of him and Naruto talking. Just hope Madara won't get neutered with a sappy backstory.

And I've no idea what Maddy pulled to just stop hashirama in his tracks. Having his chest face sustain the Sage mode seems like a supreme asspull.

Another filler arc is coming apparently. Fuck you Pierrot.

Lain

Psycho Pass 2 Ep 9

Akane =(
This episode was bewildering, especially the end. Not only for Akane and her grandma, but also for the burning part. They're really going all out and I really appreciate this show for that, though it's also depressing.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 9

I guess that's a way to check if someone is a master. Issei's red face after Shiro got done with him was awesome.
That little schmuck still thinking he's better than the rest is so laughable.

Meguro

Banned
Durarara!! 10 and 11

I´ve been watching this on and off for pretty much 6 months now and since the second season is starting next year, I thought that I should probably get around to finishing this before the end of the year.

As for the episodes themselves, 10 was a slow buildup and it seems that the show is finally starting to really focus on Ryuugamine who always seemed like the protagonist but was never really in the spotlight. I thought that the reveal of Celty to Ryuugamine was also handled pretty well.
11 was probably my favorite episode since 3. It finally showed why Ryuugamine came to Ikebukuro in the first place,
how he founded the Dollars
and showed some interesting thoughts on the power of a message board or more generally the power of the internet. I also really liked Ryuugamine´s line towards Yagiri saying that she doesn´t understand reason which is true since she (and her brother) have both gone off the deep end when it comes to their obsessions.

Also, a little question: How much should I spoiler tag when discussing old series? I don´t wanna be a dick and spoil stuff just cause a series is more than a year old.

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 112

WATCH OUR MOVIE.

I shoulda known some sort of movie promotion type episode was going to happen sooner or later, and that time is now. Ichigo was in the spotlight the most she's ever been since the show came back, including getting a new rendition of the show's signature song. There are also giant strawberry hats. Fun episode, if a bit synergy-y. The movie's in theaters this weekend, and I do want to see it, but that's not gonna happen for several months.

Andrew J.

Favorite OPs:
-KLK 2
-Stardust Crusaders
-Space Dandy
-Sailor Moon Crystal
-Cross Ange
-Shirobako

Favorite EDs:
-KLK 2
-Aldnoah (aLIEz)
-Witch Craft Works
-Stardust Crusaders
-Sabagebu
-Space Dandy (Lonely Nights)
-Nozaki-kun
-Amagi Brilliant Park
-Reconguista
-Shirobako

Nogizaka46 for Naruto was a weird choice when first announced but it fit so well into the theme for the arc.

I love DISH, though I liked their Happy Happy Grand Happy a bit more, but they look so great.

aLIEz is a great song especially how the episodes would end with it. I think its used well like Egoist's Fallen for Psycho Pass 2.

I love Maaya Sakamoto for zvezda, the op also always made me chuckle.

Bahamut's always felt like a theme to a movie. Really good.

OP and EDs heh, with my terrible memory I probably need a list of all anime in 2014.

But so far and in no particular order:

OPs
Your Lie in April; Hikaru Nara (Goose House)
Tokyo Ghoul; Unravel (TK from Ling Tosite Sigure.)
Psycho-Pass 2; Enigmatic Feeling (Ling Tosite Sigure)
All good, I love their songs, visuals for both ling tosite sigure songs are memorable.

Aimer love :heart.

Vito

Banned
My RightStuf order with KLK Vol 3. shipped today.

Even though: Date Available - Dec 23 2014

Aniplex tweeted they got stock early, probably to get it in time for Christmas. Depends on the distributor, from some stock arrives really early at TRSI and they ship it when they get it.

Tenumi

Banned
Hmm... maybe I should come back from my semi-hiatus from this thread. Maybe.

...All I've really got to say is I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying is the cutest show airing this season.

Also, a little question: How much should I spoiler tag when discussing old series? I don´t wanna be a dick and spoil stuff just cause a series is more than a year old.

I'd say either keep it vague enough to not need the spoiler tag or spoiler tag info that would normally be considered a spoiler if it had come out more recently. That's usually what I do.

Sakura

so what are you guys favorite anime OP/EDs this year?

Wow it is really hard to remember the anime I've seen this year. Guess I will just go with these

Gundam Build Fighters Second OP
Tonari no Seki-kun OP
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun OP - I didn't actually finish this series, but the song played all the time at work so it got stuck in my head.
Hanayamata OP
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen OP 1
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen OP 2

Tonari no Seki-kun ED
Majimoji Rurumo ED
Shirogane no Ishi ED 2

As a side note why is it so hard to find OPs and EDs on youtube now?

Chaika - The Coffin Princess: Avenging Battle 10 END

What was up with the hurried pacing for the last 2 episodes? The ending was really quite unsatisfying. Does anyone know if this deviated from the light novel, because from what I can tell Light Novel 11 doesn't come out until next year. The final fight was so anti-climactic and also a bit dumb. Disappointed because I enjoyed season 1 so much -- and quite a bit of season 2 as well.

Edit: Found out there will be an OVA coming in March 2015. Hopefully the OVA will wrap things up properly. Even so the pacing for these last 2 eps was way too rushed,

Light Novel 11 comes out on the 20th of this month. Though no idea if it will be the same as the anime because it is not out yet to read.
I think the OVA might just be a fanservice thing.

Tenumi

Banned
Watching this made me realise what kind of game I should make. A game that involves you going around Japanese school telling people to tuck their bloody shirts in. It's a bloody disgrace and they look like a bloody shambles.

SohPuNt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom