• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, there's that. Haha.

Still, Dark/Demon Souls doesn't uninstall itself when you lose all your souls though! :p

Well don't give "from software" ideas ...
I would still assume Excalibur was a stronger weapon then whatever he actually used, and considering the fight seemed to imply Kirito only lost because he ran out of time at the end perhaps the added damage Excalibur would have done could have made a difference. It's hard to tell in the anime as Kirito rarely used Excalibur but the only logic I could see is that it's a much heavier blade and he felt a faster/lighter weapon would match up better against Yuuki?

Excalibur has without a doubt a better damage output , but i'm not sure this would have been enough.
In those VRMMO , reaction time is quite important so much that kirito managed to survive by itself numerous times thanks to it. You can imagine the result when someone with EVEN BETTER reaction time exist.
It might be that excalibur is is heavier , it might just that the tale of them getting that sword was written AFTER mother rosario and retconned afterwards ( i think it's the later )

MM! 6

I won't say they're hammering the Yuno has no family thing, but given that it was actually commented on in episode 2 with "her family isn't home", something had to be up.

I mean, she was abused a while back, where are they? Are they dead? Is her current phobia what caused her to leave? I don't know

EDIT: Please no. Don't bring them into the school.

Heroman - 5

Adding to the list of awesome things this show does, it has Rock N' Roll being used as a weapon against aliens.

Which I understand is something that's probably been done before, but it still doesn't stop it from being awesome!

Also, the aliens
have now turned Will and his sidekick into aliens too. And it looks like they both know Will's tactics too. As if they didn't have enough to worry about already with the giant bowling balls rolling around everywhere.

Just announced in Jump Festa 2015, Gintama anime will start rebroadcasting again in Spring 2015.

B5JEbtcCcAAClJ7.png

MM! 8

You'll never have Tuxedo RAMASAMA running around in Sailor Moon in his underwear.

Other than that, it's the second time in where gay feelings are used as a joke, to the point of Taro defeating the previous crossdresser with his own wiles.

A bit odd having "stop liking boys" and "we're not suppose to do that" but CULTURE

Sword Art Online 24

This episode was a nice way to end things. I thought the moment when
Nori was talking to Yuuki but then suddenly stopped and started crying to be very well done. The whole part was well done actually, especially with all those players coming from all over to pay their respects.

Clov

I still need to watch the rest of Gintama. I've only seen the initial 201 episode run. After watching that over the span of two or three weeks in the summer, I really felt like I needed a break from that universe.

Quasar

I still need to watch the rest of Gintama. I've only seen the initial 201 episode run. After watching that over the span of two or three weeks in the summer, I really felt like I needed a break from that universe.

What is it? Beyond a title on a list I know nothing.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-21/gintama-gets-new-tv-anime-series-in-april/.82455

Yesssssssssssssssss it's the real deal we are getting a new season of Gintama in April. Holy shit I'm so ready for the awesomeness of Gintama.

This seriously better cover at least up to the current arc, because it is fucking awesome right now.

MM! 9

HEY, WE CANT LET PEOPLE KNOW HES A SUPER MEGAMIX MASOCHIST! TRIGGER HIS MASOCHISM IN FRONT OF THESE PEOPLE SO WE CAN KNOCK HIM OUT

Clov

What is it? Beyond a title on a list I know nothing.

It's a comedy set in an alternate version of Japan, where aliens came down to Earth during the feudal era. It stars Gintoki, a lazy samurai who runs an odd-jobs shop. It has a memorable cast of characters, and it can be really funny at times. Not my personal favorite, but it's well-liked around here.

it might just that the tale of them getting that sword was written AFTER mother rosario and retconned afterwards ( i think it's the later )

The problem with that is the anime clearly showed him using it to protect Sleeping Knights + Asuna from the boss killing guild. That could have just been an anime snafu and it is like you said he wasn't meant to have it OR it was heavier so he didn't think he'd be able to beat someone as fast as Yuuki with it OR they could have shown Kirito fighting with it and still lost OR maybe Kirito was handicapping himself like he did earlier against her because he realized she was fighting to live in this world and he respected that

Any of these could have been acceptable, they chose to do none of these which leaves us with "hey why is he not using his better sword in the duel/not duel wielding... again". I get for the sake of the story why it's not explained (that scene is part of the montage showing Yuuki living her last few months in ALO) and I'd have just depicted him with Excalibur for the duel to fix the issue.

I can't say how it's written in the novels I haven't read, but the anime does make it seem like Kirito would have won had there not been a time out as while Yuuki did have the better reaction time that last move seemed to catch her off guard. I guess I originally asked as I know people here have read the novels and I was wondering if there was a novel explanation for why he didn't either use Excalibur/duel wielding for the duel in the tournament.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SAO II Series Impressions

SAOII as a whole isn't worth watching. However, if you want to watch a decent MMO story between a group of friends working together to achieve something special between them, Mother Rosario (EP19+) doesn't disappoint. The OP is great, the action sequences are entertaining and Yuuki is the best character to come out of the series.
I gave up watching the final arc. It's too bad, because I went from at least being excited to hate it to just feeling bored.

At least Aaron Sorkin ended his show with an ill-conceived college rape story.

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 19

So we meet Asuna's overbearing mother. Seems she wants to transfer her to another school and doesn't approve of Kirito. I don't know about her, but marrying some banker seems like a step down from marrying a demigod.

Anyways, Asuna goes to challenge Zekken, who turns out to be a girl named Yuuki. We see a nice short fight, though Asuna loses. But Yuuki decides she's strong enough and pulls her aside to ask for her help. Help for what? We'll find out next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom