• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
iF9iJM5nowYb9.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Remember when we made banners for our posts?

QJxzMFi.png

Okay anyways anime time and shit. Will I notice any 'weird recurring things'?

Attack on Titan 21

Wow Recap + OP = 4.5 min, jesus fuck. Thank god I can skip ahead.

haha no fucking do it moron. 'the 3 of us can handle her!' ahahahahahahahahahah wtf. no you fucking can't jesus

you're all a bun- okay nvm somehow suddenly you know how to fig- lololololol double never mind

fucking finally

lol we all know who the fuck it is already just get it over with

Pretty exciting shit though. Too bad the whole show wasn't like this. It's been like a shit sandwich.

Shirobako 3

The faces in this show are so sweet, so amazing. But man this dialogue is flying.

"It's a weird job and they're weird people" - The moral of the series

Ping Pong 3

this polyrthymic ping pong ball sound effect opening...i just jizzed.

this show is pretty much flawless mother of god

he is the one

so many little details and jokes

Mushi-shi Zoku Shou 13

I miss the "Shiver" OP

Man this episode was really powerful too

fuck

Parasyte 3

I'm really liking this show. Some pretty amazing little developments.

Nothing much to say other than "we tried sex" lol. Just solid all around.

until You come to me

Is this "Danny Boy" on a steelpan?

wait fucking second was that an
Eva plug

omg it's
Shinji
It's a fucking
Evangelion
short holy shit

It's honestly just a rough collection of stills. They're really beautiful, don't get me wrong, but this is more a slow, plodding concept art slideshow than an actual animation short.

Blood-C 3

please no singing please no singing

how the fuck are you a master with a sword and suck with a fucking knife jesus

NO FCKKC+CDOFLHUKSDLFJKNSKDBNF I SAID NO SINGING

and now she'll see the dog and be late? FUCK

you quit as a researcher to be a high school science teacher? we got a female walter white over here, better check her for drugs

oh god this teacher jesus

this girl is so goddamn fucking weird

god this shit is boring

please be a demon train

yo that's fuck brutal goddamn

wait was it trying to fucking talk

Arjuna 3

CLEAN YOUR IMPURITIES NATURE CRIMINAL as we fly away in our giant fume spewing chinook-esque helicopter

lol those tree in perfect rows fucking lazy

fuck that person THE EARTH IS IN DANGER FROM PEOPLE

spiritual vibes brah just go with the mojo dude

she ded...again...

lol how do you just randomly find that plateu online

are you just gonna search the whole fucking forest alone kid fucking genius right here

did you seriously just eat a caterpilar snd some wild mushrooms? why didn't your magic voice tell you not too this time

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO INSTINCTIVELY EAT BECAUSE OF MODERN HUMANITY AND ALL OUR FOOD RIGHT FUCK MODERN FOOD RIGHT

magic blue ants jesus what the fuck is going on

ITS A SHRINE OF NATURE

AMERICAN BURGER FUCK YEAH AMERICA

Earth Sympathy Reaction? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

this chris fucker is so fucking obtuse. say what you want to say, don't be such a vague motherfucker

LOL HUMANITY YOU FUCK EVERYTHING UP, AM I RIGHT LOOK AT THIS BIG FUCKING GARBAGE DUMP GET IT GET IT MORONS

MM! 12 END

And so, despite being a sexual deviant fueled show, it managed to avoid giving us panty shots, giving it that mysterious "more lewd" feeling. Granted it doesn't help considering rather extreme fetishes are prominately displayed. Not to mention despite doing everything in its power to not present panty shots, the (2nd to) last shot of the episode gives us one. Probably as a thank you for watching MM!

I guess unlike other "garbage" anime I subjected myself to watch, I'm... not exactly a big fan of this. There's that sense of development that's there, and so with Yuno, she's more developed than Inami from Working!, but they still suffer from the same problem that I had with both. It's like we had both Mio and Yuno, who feel like two tsunderes, each on a different spectrum, and yet certain traits exist to make me shrug at both of them.

Not to mention, it really feels like a show made for the "now" audience of anime, filled to the brim with things that would appeal to that very market. This might be the epitome of "garbage" anime I've watched recently. There's some merits to it, yes, but it's something I might not return to at any point.

All I know is that it was probably better than what I expected at the very least, even though it had things I was aware of that would sour my experience.

Pooya

Expelled from Paradise - rest of it

Well, this was still bad. Gen Urobuchi should stop doing sci-fi, it looks like he's already out of ideas. This felt like it was just borrowing from PP and Gargantia, not that those are any good sci-fi either, Gargantia had some good aspects. He should stick to doing fantasy.

Originality doesn't matter all that much to me but this was really boring, it felt like creators wanted it to be something more about society, AIs (yeah. AGAIN ) but it doesn't do anything with them, they're just there and there is quite a bit of technobabble again. It gives the impression of a pretentious work that want to look smart but in reality it's just another dumb anime.

The CG mechs look fluid but I didn't feel any excitement from the action scenes. It's not bad, I think I just couldn't care about any of it at that point.

4/10 movie, I've seen worse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
MM! 12 END

And so, despite being a sexual deviant fueled show, it managed to avoid giving us panty shots, giving it that mysterious "more lewd" feeling. Granted it doesn't help considering rather extreme fetishes are prominately displayed. Not to mention despite doing everything in its power to not present panty shots, the (2nd to) last shot of the episode gives us one. Probably as a thank you for watching MM!

I guess unlike other "garbage" anime I subjected myself to watch, I'm... not exactly a big fan of this. There's that sense of development that's there, and so with Yuno, she's more developed than Inami from Working!, but they still suffer from the same problem that I had with both. It's like we had both Mio and Yuno, who feel like two tsunderes, each on a different spectrum, and yet certain traits exist to make me shrug at both of them.

Not to mention, it really feels like a show made for the "now" audience of anime, filled to the brim with things that would appeal to that very market. This might be the epitome of "garbage" anime I've watched recently. There's some merits to it, yes, but it's something I might not return to at any point.

All I know is that it was probably better than what I expected at the very least, even though it had things I was aware of that would sour my experience.
Probably the only memorable thing about MM for me is the fact that the author of the series passed away shortly after the anime came out.

Probably the only memorable thing about MM for me is the fact that the author of the series passed away shortly after the anime came out.

It's like I was blue balled in a way that I wasn't expecting, and I'm not sure if I should feel relieved or not at this case.

I mean on one hand, it means they'll never get better.

On the other hand, it means there's nothing left for me to cover. What a morbid factor.

Guess it's Magical Witch Punie Chan tomorrow.

Expelled from Paradise - rest of it

Well, this was still bad. Gen Urobuchi should stop doing sci-fi, it looks like he's already out of ideas. This felt like it was just borrowing from PP and Gargantia, not that those are any good sci-fi either, Gargantia had some good aspects. He should stick to doing fantasy.

Originality doesn't matter all that much to me but this was really boring, it felt like creators wanted it to be something more about society, AIs (yeah. AGAIN ) but it doesn't do anything with them, they're just there and there is quite a bit of technobabble again. It gives the impression of a pretentious work that want to look smart but in reality it's just another dumb anime.

The CG mechs look fluid but I didn't feel any excitement from the action scenes. It's not bad, I think I just couldn't care about any of it at that point.

4/10 movie, I've seen worse.
Maybe he glanced at the lead character design and figured it best to phone it in.

Yowamushi Pedal 30

Holy shit Arakita is so angry just like Kratos lol. The dude doesnt shut up too lol.

Man I love all the characters of this show.
glad you like it

this has become one of my favorite anime and made me appreciate sports anime haha. It gets even better!!!

because of it I'm on a sports anime binge now lol

Quasar

Madman announced its first streaming/disc pickup for next season. Isuca. So I guess those are happening. Curious to see how many new shows they pickup for animelab.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the Gintama news made me rewatch 213-214, and I still choke up at the end of the episode after watching it for the billionth time.

I went to rewatch 261 because I haven't really watched it as much, and the "sensei ni yoroshiku na" moment is still fucking awesome as well.

EwV6Eov.jpg

Man, I can't wait for the show to come back.

NeonZ

So excited Gintama is coming back next year!

how much material is there to adapt?

There's quite a bit of material. Even the last 13 episode season skipped lots of stuff (basically only adapting arcs and skipping the standalone stories).

Cross Ange 12

Lots of infodumping. Infodumping in the bath that is, because "secrets should only be told when you are exposed" or something. Something something God and Ancient Peoples. I guess Tusk is one of the ancient people or whatever. But why does the commander know this and not Ange? She was a princess, come on.

But that twist mid episode left me mouth agape for like two minutes.
And that ending lmao I have no idea what anyone's plan is anymore. I hope these events don't stop Ange from going nuclear and killing everyone.

SOYLENT DRAGON IS PEOPLE. Maybe lollipop isn't gonna die after all after that bullshit

phaze

Remember when we made banners for our posts?

QJxzMFi.png

Okay anyways anime time and shit. Will I notice any 'weird recurring things'?

Attack on Titan 21

Wow Recap + OP = 4.5 min, jesus fuck. Thank god I can skip ahead.

haha no fucking do it moron. 'the 3 of us can handle her!' ahahahahahahahahahah wtf. no you fucking can't jesus

you're all a bun- okay nvm somehow suddenly you know how to fig- lololololol double never mind

fucking finally

lol we all know who the fuck it is already just get it over with

Pretty exciting shit though. Too bad the whole show wasn't like this. It's been like a shit sandwich.

;o I think I may be obtuse because every single twist in AoT took me by surprise.

Looks like the mangaka couldn't even be bothered to do a different design.

Well that was hmmm weird ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom