• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Hat

There's quite a bit of material. Even the last 13 episode season skipped lots of stuff (basically only adapting arcs and skipping the standalone stories).

Haven't caught up with the manga because I didn't want to spoil my enjoyment of the anime.

Can't wait for April.... DONDAKE!!!!

That Shokugeki no Soma sure looks dumb. Now the question is whether its the good kind of dumb...my current impression says no, but we'll see. One large issue that's not going to be resolved though, fucking Kirito voice actor for the MC. Just fuck me, why did I ever touch SAO, I'll never not be reminded upon that shit show hearing that voice actor.

Jex

[Cross Ange] - 12

That was just...a thing I guess. A Cross Ange thing. You honestly can't predict some of these plot twists because they're so stupid.

Pooya

Cross Ange 12

That world background story was like some stupid Tales of game. The rest man, um, I was expecting that somewhat just confused how exactly it happens...

Wonder if that show will just be all light beams.
There is no doubt that there will be censored version and an uncensored version. the manga leave no doubt .
The good news is now we can have dark beams to help with light beams !
As long as we don't go into teraformers censoring territory, everything will be fine..

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-21/gintama-gets-new-tv-anime-series-in-april/.82455

Yesssssssssssssssss it's the real deal we are getting a new season of Gintama in April. Holy shit I'm so ready for the awesomeness of Gintama.

OH yeah !
So much
1368996351396.gif

AOTY 2015 confirmed.
All this boring talk of AOTY 2014... can we just decide that Gintama will win AOTY 2015 and get it over with?
*Nods heavily*

The problem with that is the anime clearly showed him using it to protect Sleeping Knights + Asuna from the boss killing guild. That could have just been an anime snafu and it is like you said he wasn't meant to have it OR it was heavier so he didn't think he'd be able to beat someone as fast as Yuuki with it OR they could have shown Kirito fighting with it and still lost OR maybe Kirito was handicapping himself like he did earlier against her because he realized she was fighting to live in this world and he respected that

Any of these could have been acceptable, they chose to do none of these which leaves us with "hey why is he not using his better sword in the duel/not duel wielding... again". I get for the sake of the story why it's not explained (that scene is part of the montage showing Yuuki living her last few months in ALO) and I'd have just depicted him with Excalibur for the duel to fix the issue.

I can't say how it's written in the novels I haven't read, but the anime does make it seem like Kirito would have won had there not been a time out as while Yuuki did have the better reaction time that last move seemed to catch her off guard. I guess I originally asked as I know people here have read the novels and I was wondering if there was a novel explanation for why he didn't either use Excalibur/duel wielding for the duel in the tournament.
To be fair that part was with the guild was in the books to ( with excalibur ). From memory , there is no explanation why he didn't other than the fact to keep things "fair".
Mother rosario was written from asuna Point of view so we didn't get kirito inner thoughts , just asuna guesses.

fertygo

Soma a.k.a FSN dilemma redux. Blind fanboy rejoicing, upstanding Anime-GAF poster claiming another animu eith moral bankruptcy

To be fair that part was with the guild was in the books to ( with excalibur ). From memory , there is no explanation why he didn't other than the fact to keep things "fair".
Mother rosario was written from asuna Point of view so we didn't get kirito inner thoughts , just asuna guesses.

Ahh gotcha that's the kind of explanation I was hoping for. Both SAO and Irregular (which I assume will get an S2 in a year or two) both at times get rather important exposition or even minor explanations for why certain things happen so I'm grateful to people like you who can actually read the light novels and fill in those gaps. Thanks

Cross Ange - 12

This fucking show, oh man..
Ain't you just marathoning Sailor-moon and Inuyasha recently?

Viz uploads two episode of Sailor Moon every monday, and InuYasha Final Act is on Toonami every Saturday (not this month because they're doing a movie month) so it really isn't the same thing. That and marathoning all of InuYasha to watch Final Act is still a lot shorter then all of Gintama to watch the new season

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Cross Ange - 12

This fucking show, oh man..

Ain't you just marathoning Sailor-moon and Inuyasha recently?

No, I have the regular series I am watching for the season, Sailor Moon Mondays, Inuyasha: The Final Act is a Toonami thing and thus gets discussed there. The legacy series being watched right now is Brave King or King of Braves: GaoGaiGar followed by sister series Betterman and the OVA series GaoGaiGar Final.

fertygo

Viz uploads two episode of Sailor Moon every monday, and InuYasha Final Act is on Toonami every Saturday (not this month because they're doing a movie month) so it really isn't the same thing. That and marathoning all of InuYasha to watch Final Act is still a lot shorter then all of Gintama to watch the new season

No, I have the regular series I am watching for the season, Sailor Moon Mondays, Inuyasha: The Final Act is a Toonami thing and thus gets discussed there. The legacy series being watched right now is Brave King or King of Braves: GaoGaiGar followed by sister series Betterman and the OVA series GaoGaiGar Final.

I misunderstood then.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Brave King GaoGaiGar Episode 31:

I feel like another series just broke out here, that being said, there is at last the vaunted escalation I was looking for.

Cross Ange 12

Cross Ange Sundays!

WmWn2ti.png

Bullshit and pretentious-sounding unexplained terms!

9BuqbNs.png

And the final boss who wants to cleanse, to reset the world destroying it. And the governors are convinced in less than a minute!

0LJkS62.png

The key object of a genetic scientist playing dicator is... a giant mech, of course!

Yep it's a mech anime series all right.

6UQaHRH.jpg

Can't she... just look at herself??

The twist isn't that rare.
This isn't the first story where the evil monsters are in the end intelligent beings, or even shape-changing humans in this case. I suppose they are a third faction. We have Embryo and his mana-users, the outcasts that never received genetic therapy, and... a third faction with their own Embryo-like scientists who transformed themselves in dragons?

Also more singing, and more quality.

Midonin

Celestial Method 12

I'm not 100% sure what the time frame for this episode is, but what it was doing, and the atmosphere it was cultivating, are things that I always like to see. That sense of wistful loss, the use of silence, and a chance to see how the series could've taken a different turn. There's no doubt in my mind that Noel will come back, but an episode without her proves just how much she was the heart of this series.

Perfect PV, Isshiki senpai's moment was incredible.
tumblr_ngxb7veEB31sdhuzuo5_500.gif

There is Taku, now I just need to see animated Kurokiba Ryou!

Soundtrack of the season. Or at least, I'm hearing a lot of similarities to his work from Horizon just from that PV.

He's my favorite anime composer, every one of his soundtracks is great, Horizon & Horizon 2 are his best, then Buddycomplex, while Medaka Box, Day Break Illusion - il sole penetra le illusioni, Free! and Zvezda are also good. I think Food Wars! will definitely join in the top three osts for me. I need it

Joe Molotov

Origami is still best waifu.

They should just go ahead and make her the main heroine. Show would be garbage without her.

This is literally the worst post I've ever read on AnimeGAF, and that includes people watching 4:3 anime stretched to 16:9 and saying that Cowboy Bebop sucks.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned about WIXOSS is how good the episode titles are. They're on another level from most anime.

Made the viewing experience so much better .
Proof that everyone involved knew exactly what they were doing.

I consider Wixoss a must watch

Midonin

Wolf Girl 12 + Final Thoughts

While I liked Blue Spring Ride a little better, this wasn't terrible. Kyoya slowly softened up as the show went along, and I liked Erika from the beginning. When he said he had no tragic backstory of any sort, that was a clear lie, but said backstory wasn't played up quite as much as I was expecting. I'm also surprised (sort of) at just how much Kyoya's mom looks like him with a slight gender flip. Strong resemblance going on there. The relationships in this show weren't the healthiest, still, the comedy worked at times and Erika is adorable, so I'm still okay with choosing to tune into it on Sundays.

I need to find some anime to watch between the end of this season and the star of the next.

Maybe one of the gundam series outside of GBF, Try, SEED and Wing.

~wan

cajunator

Banned
Remember when we made banners for our posts?

QJxzMFi.png

Okay anyways anime time and shit. Will I notice any 'weird recurring things'?

Shirobako 3

The faces in this show are so sweet, so amazing. But man this dialogue is flying.

"It's a weird job and they're weird people" - The moral of the series

Parasyte 3

I'm really liking this show. Some pretty amazing little developments.

Nothing much to say other than "we tried sex" lol. Just solid all around.

until You come to me

Is this "Danny Boy" on a steelpan?

wait fucking second was that an
Eva plug

omg it's
Shinji
It's a fucking
Evangelion
short holy shit

It's honestly just a rough collection of stills. They're really beautiful, don't get me wrong, but this is more a slow, plodding concept art slideshow than an actual animation short.

Blood-C 3

please no singing please no singing

how the fuck are you a master with a sword and suck with a fucking knife jesus

NO FCKKC+CDOFLHUKSDLFJKNSKDBNF I SAID NO SINGING

and now she'll see the dog and be late? FUCK

you quit as a researcher to be a high school science teacher? we got a female walter white over here, better check her for drugs

oh god this teacher jesus

this girl is so goddamn fucking weird

god this shit is boring

please be a demon train

yo that's fuck brutal goddamn

wait was it trying to fucking talk

Arjuna 3

CLEAN YOUR IMPURITIES NATURE CRIMINAL as we fly away in our giant fume spewing chinook-esque helicopter

lol those tree in perfect rows fucking lazy

fuck that person THE EARTH IS IN DANGER FROM PEOPLE

spiritual vibes brah just go with the mojo dude

she ded...again...

lol how do you just randomly find that plateu online

are you just gonna search the whole fucking forest alone kid fucking genius right here

did you seriously just eat a caterpilar snd some wild mushrooms? why didn't your magic voice tell you not too this time

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO INSTINCTIVELY EAT BECAUSE OF MODERN HUMANITY AND ALL OUR FOOD RIGHT FUCK MODERN FOOD RIGHT

magic blue ants jesus what the fuck is going on

ITS A SHRINE OF NATURE

AMERICAN BURGER FUCK YEAH AMERICA

Earth Sympathy Reaction? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

this chris fucker is so fucking obtuse. say what you want to say, don't be such a vague motherfucker

LOL HUMANITY YOU FUCK EVERYTHING UP, AM I RIGHT LOOK AT THIS BIG FUCKING GARBAGE DUMP GET IT GET IT MORONS

Oh man. what a slate of shows to watch. The timing is great too. they should all hit critical mass right around the same time. I hope youre ready!

Accel World 13-24+EX Episodes End

Was an ok show, like how the group who owns this has the random cross promotion between their anime like being the same world a Sword Art (seemingly) and promoting The Irregular at Magic Highschool in the background, and Tekken. In general though don't think I'd watch a second season. Premise was promising and very interesting but the characters and plot clearly are never going to take it to an interesting level. Limiting the age of the users to 15 has clear story ramifications and no one uses the burst link power to actually do anything in real life which is the biggest flaw. Turned out to be a generic hero show in anime form with an interesting background. All over I kept feeling like this was a teenage Kamen Rider fan's anime.

Had its moments though.

Accel World was really enjoyable for me. I honestly didnt notice anything about Mahouka. At the time it wasnt anime. I do agree that the story wasnt allowed to advance as far as it could but it did end pretty satisfactory. Its one of my recent favorite shows if Im honest. Just a lot to like. Most animegaf does not agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom