• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Bubblegum Crisis ordered :D

HkMg62N.gif

Midonin

Grisaia 12

There's some of the catharsis I was waiting for, but I still need the soothing release of GFB to calm my nerves. Because Wixoss found hope, YuYuYu's always had some undercurrent of friendship, but this? There's been this peaceful air of tranquility with an undercurrent of unsettlingness the whole time, but I'm still not sure it can materialize just yet. When the last week of the season comes, my eyes are focused on here.... because nearly every other show will be done.

javac

Some random anime news from Anime News Network:

The new issues of Neo and MyM magazine report the following:

Anime Limited
The label will provisionally release Gekijō-ban Tiger & Bunny -The Rising- (Blu-ray, DVD) 'early' in 2015 - this is the feature film sequel to the Tiger & Bunny series. Short Peace (the four short films) is also planned for Q1.

Mai Mai Miracle is planned for Q2, along with a Blu-ray and DVD of Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (pictured right); a Blu-ray and DVD of Samurai Flamenco; A Letter to Momo; the Blu-ray edition of Baccano!; and a "Shinkai Collection," which Neo describes as 'the combined works of director Makoto Shinkai in one set.'

Tokyo Ghoul (Blu-ray, DVD) will follow in Q3, along with a Collectors Edition of Full Metal Panic!, plus PSYCHIC SCHOOL WARS.

Q4 will see Terror in Resonance (Blu-ray, DVD), along with a Blu-ray 'Ultimate Edition' release of Vision of Escaflowne (pictured left); this will follow the lines of the Gurren Lagaan Ultimate Edition.

Andrew Partridge of Anime Limited also referred in Neo to 'a yet to be announced film that's out of the usual and a shorts series that blew us away online.'

MVM
MVM will release tsuritama (pictured right) as a complete DVD collection in March. ef: a tale of memories and ef: a tale of melodies will appear as a single set on March 9.

No Game, No Life will be on both DVD and Blu-ray.

Manga Entertainment
Manga Entertainment will release the final two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate on Blu-ray and DVD, date unconfirmed.

Live-Action
Warner Home Video will release the live-action film version of Black Butler on February 23, both as a DVD and a Blu-ray steelbook.

The live-action Tokyo Tribe, directed by Sion Sono, will be released by Eureka in spring.

The World of Kanako, a live-action film which includes animation by Studio 4c (director Tetsuya Nakashima), will be released by Third Window in summer.

So from Anime Limited Q1:
  • Gekijō-ban Tiger & Bunny -The Rising- (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • Short Peace
Q2:
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • Samurai Flamenco (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • A Letter to Momo (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • Baccano! (Blu-ray)
  • Shinkai Collection
Q3:
  • Tokyo Ghoul (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • Full Metal Panic! Collectors Edition
  • PSYCHIC SCHOOL WARS
Q4:
  • Terror in Resonance (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • Vision of Escaflowne - (Blu-ray Ultimate Edition)
Also:
  • 'a yet to be announced film that's out of the usual and a shorts series that blew us away online.'
  • Space Dandy Season 2 aiming for May

MVM releases in March:
  • Tsuritama (Complete DVD collection)
  • ef: a tale of memories and ef: a tale of melodies (single set) March 9.
Also:
  • No Game, No Life (Blu-ray, DVD)

Manga Entertainment:
  • Hellsing Ultimate (final two episodes - (Blu-ray, DVD)

Next year seems to be a good one I'd say :) The Anime Limited Shorts are most likely the ones from Animator Expo which would inlcude Dragon Dentist, Hill Climb Girl, Me!Me!Me! & Carnage etc.

The ones that I'm personally interested in:
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
  • A Letter to Momo
  • Baccano!
  • Shinkai Collection
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Vision of Escaflowne

Guys, I need some help trying to understand Gundam Reconguista no G. I'm at episode 5, but I still have no idea who are the bad guys or what is going on. What I do know:

- There are two countries/states at war, one from the red haired girl and another that didn't appear yet, at least not that I've seen.
- There is a faction called Capital Guard and Capital Army, but are they independent? From what I've seen so far the Capital Army is being a bunch of assholes, and they tried to stop the other faction's armies development? And they also are the ones who manage who will get energy and the quantity of that?

The protagonist
shifting sides
reminds me of a game
Front Mission
IIRC.

And holy shit, just watched episode 6. Wow, that G-self must be
possessed by a demon.

Dead

well not really...yet
Guys, I need some help trying to understand Gundam Reconguista no G. I'm at episode 5, but I still have no idea who are the bad guys or what is going on. What I do know:

- There are two countries/states at war, one from the red haired girl and another that didn't appear yet, at least not that I've seen.
- There is a faction called Capital Guard and Capital Army, but are they independent? From what I've seen so far the Capital Army is being a bunch of assholes, and they tried to stop the other faction's armies development? And they also are the ones who manage who will get energy and the quantity of that?

The protagonist
shifting sides
reminds me of a game
Front Mission
IIRC.

And holy shit, just watched episode 6. Wow, that G-self must be
possessed by a demon.

The Capital Guard was the self defence force, the Capital Army was being raised behind the scenes in order for the country to be able to have an offensive force.

The show isn't really all that confusing imo, though I suppose it helps being familiar with the way Tomino tells stories

The Capital Guard was the self defence force, the Capital Army was being raised behind the scenes in order for the country to be able to have an offensive force.

The show isn't really all that confusing imo, though I suppose it helps being familiar with the way Tomino tells stories

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. This is my first Gundam so I'm not used to it yet.

• Short Peace
Q2:
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Baccano! (Blu-ray)
  • Shinkai Collection
Q3:
  • PSYCHIC SCHOOL WARS
Q4:
Also:
  • 'a yet to be announced film that's out of the usual and a shorts series that blew us away online.'

MVM releases in March:
Also:

Manga Entertainment:

Next year seems to be a good one I'd say :) The Anime Limited Shorts are most likely the ones from Animator Expo which would inlcude Dragon Dentist, Hill Climb Girl, Me!Me!Me! & Carnage etc.

• Mai Mai Miracle
  • A Letter to Momo
  • Baccano!
  • Shinkai Collection
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Vision of Escaflowne

Wheres our samumenco bd,s aniplex america :(

And Europe only gets the tsuritama dvd?

Midonin

Girlfriend Beta 11

Chloe isn't leaving at all. It's just her misunderstanding of Japanese culture confusing her family back in France. Did I mention this episode had Sakura Tange speaking a few lines of (probably phonetically read, I don't know her language skills) French? The same community spirit that's been present in previous episodes was at full throttle here, and next week concludes with a New Years' episode. Take in those soothing vibes.

cajunator

Banned

• Short Peace
Q2:
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Baccano! (Blu-ray)
  • Shinkai Collection
Q3:
  • PSYCHIC SCHOOL WARS
Q4:
Also:

MVM releases in March:
Also:

Manga Entertainment:

• Mai Mai Miracle
  • A Letter to Momo
  • Baccano!
  • Shinkai Collection
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Vision of Escaflowne

Good stuff getting released. Gonna have to pick up Baccano on bluray since I missed out before.

Clov

Good stuff getting released. Gonna have to pick up Baccano on bluray since I missed out before.

You have an region-free player? Lucky!

Interesting to see what likely is Khara's Animator Expo getting licensed so early. Makes me wonder if a North American announcement is on its way.

Yuki Yuna 3-8
Now finally at some actual suffering. Got to say the fanservice is kind of out of place. Highlighting that the girl who's legs don't work has large bouncy breasts in the transformation sequences is kind of offputting. It doesn't really fit well in a show that supposed to be about pure magical girls. That aside, it's a fairly cute show with some cool designs. I wonder how they will take the reveal from this episode

I probably need to start watching Gintama now.
Yes. Like now.

• Short Peace
Q2:
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Baccano! (Blu-ray)
  • Shinkai Collection
Q3:
  • PSYCHIC SCHOOL WARS
Q4:
Also:

MVM releases in March:
Also:

Manga Entertainment:

First gintama and now this.

I'll most likely end up getting
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
FMP!
Vision of escaflowne
Baccano!

But damn, that's a pretty awesome list.

Turn A seems to be the most promising of the bunch, I'll go with that one.

Thanks.

~wan

Darn it, I got here too late to recommend you G Gundam, the best of the bunch! At least I hear that Turn A is good. I think. Still need to watch that one.

Celestial Method - 12

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

Or was it? Shione remembers Noel along with Nonoka. Wonder how that's gonna work out. Ah well, one more episode for this show to find out!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
;o I think I may be obtuse because every single twist in AoT took me by surprise.

Well, hope fully they reveal soon. I think it was pretty obvious but they could still throw me for a loop.

Oh man. what a slate of shows to watch. The timing is great too. they should all hit critical mass right around the same time. I hope youre ready!

I'm not ready but I have no choice!

Clov

I'll most likely end up getting
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
FMP!
Vision of escaflowne
Baccano!

But damn, that's a pretty awesome list.

Ah, you're European? You're lucky; your anime is cheaper and you have Perfect Blue on BD.

I wouldn't buy the BD of Gankutsuou if I were you though; the upscaling job they did on it was terrible. Ruins a lot of the neat textures that the characters have.

No one actually understands Reconguista.

The only people who don't understand it are those whose souls have been weighted down by earth's gravity and have closed their hearts to Tomino's message. These tend to be the same sorts of people who believe that the world is square.

It's sad, really.

Ah, you're European? You're lucky; your anime is cheaper and you have Perfect Blue on BD.

I wouldn't buy the BD of Gankutsuou if I were you though; the upscaling job they did on it was terrible. Ruins a lot of the neat textures that the characters have.

:

I hate living in the US.

Clov

:

I hate living in the US.

Ah, you won't be able to play UK discs without getting a region free BD player, then. Of the ones you listed, the only one that hasn't gotten a BD release in North America is Gankutsuou. Baccano's BD is now out of print though, so you'll have to look a bit harder if you want to find it.

That Shokugeki no Soma sure looks dumb. Now the question is whether its the good kind of dumb...my current impression says no, but we'll see. One large issue that's not going to be resolved though, fucking Kirito voice actor for the MC. Just fuck me, why did I ever touch SAO, I'll never not be reminded upon that shit show hearing that voice actor.

It's the good kind of dumb. The kind of dumb where someone eats food so good their clothes explode off (then magically come back) and they dream of bathing with gorillas, and people that are so good at cooking they have Stands.
It's smut. But it's the kind of smut I can appreciate.

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. This is my first Gundam so I'm not used to it yet.

There's also some older terminology from the UC shows (the first one and it's sequels, Reconguista is set in the future from that timeline)

If you have any questions about that, then we can answer. For instance UC = Universal Century, and Minovsky Particles which block electromagnetic communication. There's also some Universal Century mobile suits floating around since the ban on technological advancement makes them use old relics.
Also there is newer terminology like Kuntala.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
G-Reco is easy to understand; you just have to watch 250 episodes of UC Gundam, Xabungle and Overman King Gainer to get the humor, and then each individual episode of G-Reco two to three times each. If that's not newcomer accessibility, I don't know what is.

But i want to watch Hunter x Hunter too!

I DID BOTH OF THOSE THINGS! It'll be fiiiiine

Magical Witch Punie Chan 1-8 END

More amazing than I thought. Punie is a magical asshole, and having Tetsuka in her ring of friends is rather odd. With some fun reaction faces, and rather physical antics going about, this is better than I expected it to be. And different from what I expected as well.

I now know where that Potato scene came from as well. That makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom