• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu Yu Hakusho 11

Fucking tricks son. Fucking tricks rabbit up in here.

Pretty much two fights in one episode. Gotta appreciate the brisk pacing of YYH.

Yu Yu Hakusho 12

Finally, Rando Griffin finally shows up at least, breaking shit around him because he's a freak.

Finally, the final showdown.

Yu Yu Hakusho 13

Hey Rando, you look kind of cool!

HOCcClc.jpg

Yusuke has quite a lot of luck lately in his fights, annoyingly enough

0080: War in the Pocket: 04-END

First the overall: I absolutely loved this series and the story and I'm very glad for the watch recommendation. In intend to continue looking into more of these older gundam series to understand more.

I have grown to love hating Al. This stupid little boy is indirectly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocents civilians due to his 'war fantasy' with this covert unit that is undermining the security force of his own home and out to kill his people. I long wonder why he didn't seem to understand why he didn't recognize Zeon as the enemy and I'm happy to see that was answer during a confrontation with kids at his school. Unlike the other kids in his school it seems, he is totally and completely ignorant of the war and who is really the 'bad guys' and who is out to harm them though I feel like it should be obvious. Not to mention his hero worship of Bernie is blinding him to a lot of stuff Bernie and his comrades are doing. But I suppose kids always want to please so that's part of the problem as well.

I feel awful in saying I felt some sort of sick joy when he realized that his buddies had gotten people killed and his shock at seeing them all those Federation soldiers. Finally this kid would realize what they had been doing and stop worshiping Bernie. Nope all the way up to Bernie's end was he supporting the guy up until he realizes Bernie was fighting and about to kill Al's close friend Christina in battle. As for Bernie I found him to be strangely likable character despite being on the Zeon side. At times he comes off as very fish out of water in this unit due to his friendly nature and the fact he seems to be the type who doesn't feel the need to kill anyone except when absolutely necessary which is part of the reason he doesn't harm Al and stops the other members of the group from harming him as well.

I had more to say in an earlier post but lost it all so there's that. Glad I watched the series and would recommend it as well to anyone who likes gundam, sure there's not a lot of fighting but that doesn't means it wasn't great. Also let me say again how much of love the art style. Maybe I just have an uninformed opinion but I'm starting to prefer the look of these older gundam shows to that of the new ones now.

Onto 08th MS Team...

I give it Five out of Five WANS.

phaze

Yeah will give it a try for nostalgia sake at least. The original Yattaman might very well be the very first carttttfuuu, hand drawn TV show I watched on regular basis. This or Tiger Mask. And that glorious italian dubbing + dead pan voice over.

So the new Yatterman anime coming has Yatterman as the bad guy?

Seems that way.
Fate/stay night DEEN - 01

dropped

now i know why i was told to skip this.

wimp I only bolted out halfway through.

And you're missing out on best Ilya and Shirou.

ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
BEAUTIFUL.
Ishiki senpai the best.

Woah, this looks like nightmare to license, but BAMCO somehow did it. Amazing
Assassination Classroom new PV

It looks and sounds so good.
Nice
While the earlier arc is weak, the later arc and karma introduction make this one of the better jump series

Psycho pass 11

Well, it's over. Sybil evolve, Akane still a badass, lTogane and Kirito died. And, that's it. heh.

Yuuki Yuna is hero 11

Holy shit, this is going to end badly for all of them.

Lupin 3rd Jigen Grave.

This is really cool and slick. The music is GOAT. GOAT!

Expelled From Paradise

I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of this. Unless someone tells me there is something worthwhile in the remainder, I think that's where I'll stop.

Expelled From Paradise

I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of this. Unless someone tells me there is something worthwhile in the remainder, I think that's where I'll stop.

ehhh....I did enjoy it a far bit,after 30 there is some good scene here and there, and they stopped the goddamn nudity.
But really my tastes in anime is questionable.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - 12 [FINAL]

First chapter of this episode was rather dull but at least the second one tried to be a bit more of an actual finale for the season. It still ends pretty much just in the middle and we never get to know Kohina's actual past and Kokkuri's involvement.

Overall I think Kokkuri-san stayed enjoyable enough, even if there's a sharp drop off in comparison to the first episode. Deadpan 'doll' Kohina is great and pairs up wonderfully with Kokkuri. The dog-spirit Inugami sucked balls unfortunately and I would've dropped the show if tanuki-spirit Shiragati was as bad, fortunately the latter one was actually really good.

Visuals were great for the most part, especially in regards to Kohina's appearance. Soundtrack did a damn fine job too, imo.

Humor certainly had its ups and downs though and ends up being the weak point in combination with Inugami. Also not sure what to think off all those pedophile/harassment bits. Could've done without those I think (or at least less of 'em).

I wouldn't recommend it in general but if you're curious, check out episode 1 and if you liked that a lot, ask yourself if you could enjoy that kind of show just with lower quality episodes following up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, hadn't realised how good Winter could be. Cindy Gals, JoJo, watching Slaine get his just deserts. Maybe I may even watch something that isn't a continuation!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Winter was the best season of 2014, so it's not unheard of.

Well I meant just the upcoming Winter since I only bothered to look up the show list yesterday so until that point I didn't even know what was coming and bam two shows I was looking forward to and Aldnoah Zero crept up on me. It wasn't really a commentary on winters in general.

GrandHusk

Inou Battle ep 4

This was more cute that it needed to be, I blame Chifuyu. The cosplay part was glorius
Hatoko sun
tumblr_ne49jrcHvk1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Grateful Lover only gets mentioned.
ToT

Vito

Banned
Dunno if known, but the names from MAPPA's upcoming show, just like its title are puns: http://yoshi-x2.tumblr.com/post/105868911065/punchline-is-the-punchline

秩父ラブラ / Chichibu Rabura / Chichi Burabura (ちちぶらぶら) / Shaking tits
成木野みかたん / Narugino Mikatan / Seigi no Mikata (正義の味方) / Champion of justice
伊里優太/ Iridatsu Yuuta / Yuutai Ridatsu (幽体離脱) / Out-of-body experience
曳尾谷愛 / Hikiotani Ito / Hikiota Niito (ヒキオタニート) / Shut-in otaku NEET
台初明香 / Daihatsu Meika (ダイハツメーカー) / Daihatsu manufacturer

(*成 can be read as ‘Sei’)

Oh and the title of the show, Punchline (パンチライン) is a pun on パンチラ/Panchira/Panty shot.

Bonus: fanart of Ito https://twitter.com/loliconder/status/547010112720617472 (NSFW for swimsuit)

Taruranto

Expelled From Paradise

Do the explain why the main heroine looks like she came straight out from a Compile Heart kusoge?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
0080: War in the Pocket: 04-END

First the overall: I absolutely loved this series and the story and I'm very glad for the watch recommendation. In intend to continue looking into more of these older gundam series to understand more.

I have grown to love hating Al. This stupid little boy is indirectly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocents civilians due to his 'war fantasy' with this covert unit that is undermining the security force of his own home and out to kill his people. I long wonder why he didn't seem to understand why he didn't recognize Zeon as the enemy and I'm happy to see that was answer during a confrontation with kids at his school. Unlike the other kids in his school it seems, he is totally and completely ignorant of the war and who is really the 'bad guys' and who is out to harm them though I feel like it should be obvious. Not to mention his hero worship of Bernie is blinding him to a lot of stuff Bernie and his comrades are doing. But I suppose kids always want to please so that's part of the problem as well.

I feel awful in saying I felt some sort of sick joy when he realized that his buddies had gotten people killed and his shock at seeing them all those Federation soldiers. Finally this kid would realize what they had been doing and stop worshiping Bernie. Nope all the way up to Bernie's end was he supporting the guy up until he realizes Bernie was fighting and about to kill Al's close friend Christina in battle. As for Bernie I found him to be strangely likable character despite being on the Zeon side. At times he comes off as very fish out of water in this unit due to his friendly nature and the fact he seems to be the type who doesn't feel the need to kill anyone except when absolutely necessary which is part of the reason he doesn't harm Al and stops the other members of the group from harming him as well.

I had more to say in an earlier post but lost it all so there's that. Glad I watched the series and would recommend it as well to anyone who likes gundam, sure there's not a lot of fighting but that doesn't means it wasn't great. Also let me say again how much of love the art style. Maybe I just have an uninformed opinion but I'm starting to prefer the look of these older gundam shows to that of the new ones now.

Onto 08th MS Team...

I give it Five out of Five WANS.
Don't cry, there'll be another war soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom