• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu Yu Hakusho 13-14

We start yet another arc with no downtime, as Yusuke leaves Keiko behind again because he needed to do "shopping".

Our two demons Hiei and Kurama return, providing a contrast with bishi demons, and a couple of thugs.

Quasar

So...Charlotte, the new Jun project.

I've only seen a few things Jun has done and all based on VNs. Based on the advert this is a new original thing not VN based. Has he done stuff like this before? I take it they drown in the same themes that all his VN work seems to be all about?

1419268908018peu93.jpg
14192690291257bu3v.jpg

Please don't let Maki be the first Sohoku to drop.

2 straight episodes and I've been forced to watch my favorites fall first.

Last week was already hard with Arakita.

And now I just finished watching Andy and Frank's final moment as well.

Please don't let Maki be the first Sohoku to drop.

2 straight episodes and I've been forced to watch my favorites fall first.

Last week was already hard with Arakita.

And now I just finished watching Andy and Frank's final moment as well.

Andy and Frank will be dearly missed. If Maki drops next episode I'll be sad, he's one of my favorite favorite characters. Sho!

Yowamushi Pedal is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime in recent memory. All the characters are fantastic and the racing if great too. I never thought I would enjoy a bicycle anime so much haha.

FS/N UBW 11

Slow talky in-between-action episode.

VwSMTNg.jpg

We are going to have the sex scene already? :P

I still laugh when I see her in her "casual" clothes for staying at home.

The MC wasn't weak at magic, he , surprise surprise, was super powerful but he had his powers dormant until now.
Christ.

And more discussion about ideals. It was a bit confusing, messy talk to be honest. Basically Archer defend concrete ideals with something or someone behind them, but not ideals for ideal's sake and ideals borrowed from other people. Which is a bit silly as most ideals are borrowed from others, fathers, teachers, friends, society at big, etc.

Mushishi S2 22

And the story of the tree continues...

Not the best Mushishi episode, but it was ok. The mushi itself was cool, migrating from tree to tree through a host.
I thought it was easy and convenient how he came to terms to his new disability. Easy, when in exchange you basically win superpowers that makes the entire village love you!
Poor tree ¬¬. The old lady at the end was a nice touch

Yu Yu Hakusho 15

This episode felt shorter than usual. Kuwabara has some new trick that I'm now recalling again.

Shame he's such a dumb

fertygo

FS/N UBW 11

VwSMTNg.jpg

The MC wasn't weak at magic, he , surprise surprise, was super powerful but he had his powers dormant until now.
Christ.

And more discussion about ideals. It was a bit confusing, messy talk to be honest. Basically Archer defend concrete ideals with something or someone behind them, but not ideals for ideal's sake and ideals borrowed from other people. Which is a bit silly as most ideals are borrowed from others, fathers, teachers, friends, society at big, etc.

Eh, Shirou "talent" is just ordinary, the way he use it is not though.

VRMN

So...Charlotte, the new Jun project.

I've only seen a few things Jun has done and all based on VNs. Based on the advert this is a new original thing not VN based. Has he done stuff like this before? I take it they drown in the same themes that all his VN work seems to be all about?

Angel Beats was an original anime as well. That wasn't quite like his games, but it did touch on some similar themes, yes. Not sure what to expect out of Charlotte.

jbug617

Banned
Inou Battle Wa Nichijou-kei No Naka De 12

Why does this have to end when it gets to the interesting stuff?
I'm going to need a season 2 to see if any fighting begins between the groups.

This show for me was the sleeper of the season. It was a very enjoyable watch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FS/N UBW 11

VwSMTNg.jpg

Christ.

Her casual clothes look a lot like her regular school clothes, but I guess Shirou isn't genre savvy enough to see thigh high socks all the time and not care.

He seemed to be on par or maybe even better than the guy that beat Saber on melee.
Call it talent or skill or whatever, that seems pretty powerful to me.

The guy that beat Saber up doesn't have any powers. He just knows Karate and Caster fed him magic to make him have super punches.

Lupin III: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone

Hello. I don't know shit about Lupin the Third. Except this
Despite that, I found this a good watch, nicely animated, great style and music with amazing direction. The bit in the middle with Fujiko was a bit...unnecessary, I guess. It is a bit refreshing to see something so uncensored, with headshots and bullet wounds being not being hidden behind censors, or even hidden at all.

Who was that short guy at the end though? I never watched The Woman Called Fujiko Mine so I just assumed he was from that, or he's some villain character from the series at large. And is the last scene supposed to lead into the new series or set up a sequel, or is it just the Lupin hunting detective guy who's name I don't know making a cameo?

This does sufficiently make me want to see the new series. Might check out some other Lupin stuff sometime.

fertygo

He seemed to be on par or maybe even better than the guy that beat Saber on melee.
Call it talent or skill or whatever, that seems pretty powerful to me.

I'm referring to you implying Shirou had massive hidden chakra like Naruto or something, potent latent talent, he not.. however yes he pretty nasty with his unorthodox use of magic.

Like that glasses dude.. he can caught you off guard, but gonna got rekt'd in 2nd meeting.

Rainy

Banned
Aldnoah Zero 1-3

Pretty interesting...looking forward to the rest of it.

Also looks like I should watch Inou Battle from the reactions here. I liked some of the character designs from what I saw so I'm looking forward to that as well.

fertygo

The reason for Shirou's powers is really fucking stupid but I can't say why because spoilers.

What about his use/practice of magic has to do with spoiler?

I know which spoiler that you mean, don't say.. but its nothing to do with that.

For example Kiritsugu know little about time manipulation from principle of flower drug or something.

AnimeGAF, I don't understand peoples hate toward anime, or rather, the people who enjoy it. I was hanging out at my friends birthday party, just now, talking to a group of people. The subject of anime came up, my friend watches mainstream shows, so he got to talking about AoT. Anyway, the people in the group were trash talking individuals who watch it. Saying things like it's for, "Pedophiles," "Losers," etc. I was upset, I spoke out and told them flat out that they are wrong, that you can't generalize like that and that I'm a big anime fan, so they are labeling me with those titles. Needless to say I got into a huge debate. It was frustrating. Ughh, why do others care so much what others choose to do with their own damn time?

It's not bad but it's not as good as 25+.
^

cajunator

Banned
I love puns like that.

Speaking of upcoming shows.

Rolling Girls may have inherited the aesthetics of Zvezda, but Yatterman inherited the plot of Zvezda.

Character profiles were updated, and Doronjo is somewhat smaller than I expected.

I love character design like in Zvezda so this is something Im looking forward to checking out. Also helps to sell me a figurine too ;)

Yowamushi Pedal ep 2

Imaizumi da god! jesus this guy is fast! can't wait to see all the serious races
Sakamichi has cray resistance going up in a hill in a common bike is crazy painful and He was doing that since fourth grade?

Inou Battle ep 6

Sayumi should use that hairstyle with the glasses all the time.
tumblr_ndhmfjb16q1tuyyugo1_500.gif

Goddess
And Mirei appeared for like 5 seconds

hnnnnnnnngh I love that episode

Yessssssss more of my favorite abomination

Up to episode 7 of Princess Tutu now. Still continues to basically be the cutest show ever!

Dub, since we're watching it for now on my gf's tiny tv. Pretty pleased with the quality!

I dunno about the CUTEST but its up there. Neko sensei is easily my favorite character. The show occasionally feels almost ikuhara to me, but its pretty different overall.

Inou Battle ep 6

I share the sentiment.
tumblr_nfhprnHQNr1qeq8xmo5_500.gif

Damn Hatoko exploded in this episode, I wasn't expecting that to happened at all, but hopefully it will give Andou some reality check, even if he keeps being a chuuni he needs to understand better the people around him and not force them in his hallucinations.
And what the hell did Kiryu at the end?
Definitely the best episode so far.

I loved that too. Hatoka brought him as reckoning. It was beautiful!

Naw, those specials were just cut up pieces to be aired on NicoNico before the actual show's airing. I'm fairly certain every short is included in the series.

You should try Cromartie High School.

I second this suggestion. Cromartie is legit. And it has Freddie Mercury in it!

Quasar

AnimeGAF, I don't understand peoples hate toward anime, or rather, the people who enjoy it. I was hanging out at my friends birthday party, just now, talking to a group of people. The subject of anime came up, my friend watches mainstream shows, so he got to talking about AoT. Anyway, the people in the group were trash talking individuals who watch it. Saying things like it's for, "Pedophiles," "Losers," etc. I was upset, I spoke out and told them flat out that they are wrong, that you can't generalize like that and that I'm a big anime fan, so they are labeling me with those titles. Needless to say I got into a huge debate. It was frustrating. Ughh, why do others care so much what others choose to do with their own damn time?

*insert geek hierarchy chart*

Humans are tribal. That's pretty much it. And tribes based on media tastes has long been a thing.

Rage of Bahamut 11

Despite the promising start, this series ultimately ended up being exactly what you'd expect from a F2P game adaptation.
Well, it was inherently a hollow series. Disappointing, but not unexpected.
Sounds like Karas.
Well, anime is for losers in that it appeals primarily to social outcasts!

Jintor

Same root reason as console wars and other nerd clique hierachy bullshit that keeps happening

MIND YOU I understand why, I have a completely irrational hatred of Sword Art Online (even beyond the legitimate complaints about s1) and I can't believe people like it at all... but I wouldn't, you know, call 'em pedofiles or something

also I don't realy understand how AoT could be related in any way to pedofiles. It's not some moe-stuff where everyone looks 12 or something

Mature

The wider perception of anime is pretty negative— and it's admittedly not unearned. The titles people hoist up and praise are generally brainless dreck with a focus on pandering and, as a result, the niche medium they fall under pays the price. It also doesn't help that western anime fans do tend to be socially inept and weird. Outside of my close group of friends, I very rarely meet an anime fan who's just a reasonable person. They substitute anime— a hobby— with their identity, and become an awkward weaboo.

That being said, if you're speaking to someone who's only offense is that it's for pedophiles and losers, I mean, why talk to them? They don't sound like they actually care who it's for, they're just tossing a blanket statement on something they've seen and decided upon. People like that probably aren't worth the time because they don't care and really neither should you. Why bother?

Mummies Alive! 10
Hahahaha

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 11:

I keep on fallin'
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused

What about his use/practice of magic has to do with spoiler?

I know which spoiler that you mean, don't say.. but its nothing to do with that.

For example Kiritsugu know little about time manipulation from principle of flower drug or something.

I don't think the way he uses his skills is poor, just how he got them.

This is concerning. They wouldn't be able to a artistic twist I assume?

it's more a result of needing some way of powering Shirou, but just... bleh. though if the alternative is Fate route Shirou who is literally worthless until Nasu apparently wrote himself into a corner and pulls some deus ex machina crap.

also one time my friends and I were hanging out with one my friend's roommates who pulled the "anime is for losers lolol" thing. of course we all watch anime and had a good laugh about it later. when people say stuff like that it's best to ignore them.

The wider perception of anime is pretty negative— and it's admittedly not unearned. The titles people hoist up and praise are generally brainless dreck with a focus on pandering and, as a result, the niche medium they fall under pays the price. It also doesn't help that western anime fans do tend to be socially inept and weird. Outside of my close group of friends, I very rarely meet an anime fan who's just a reasonable person. They substitute anime— a hobby— with their identity, and become an awkward weaboo.

That being said, if you're speaking to someone who's only offense is that it's for pedophiles and losers, I mean, why talk to them? They don't sound like they actually care who it's for, they're just tossing a blanket statement on something they've seen and decided upon. People like that probably aren't worth the time because they don't care and really neither should you. Why bother?

Hahahaha
Yeah, I can see that, I personally do not like sweeping generalizations. I was trying to have a discussion and saying that it is not fair to make a statements such as that, but they were being ignorant. I thought I could have a rational discussion, that was not the case however. I was also mildly insulted, which is one reason I felt compelled to engage in discussion. Trust me, if people are not willing to listen, I leave, and I did. I find no point in wasting my breath.

geekchartbig.gif

Though jokey, theres truth there.

Lol, Everything leads to furry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom