• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
You recommended Soul Eater? Really? Did you see what happened to that series post BREW arc? Do you remember the completely nonsensical progression of events leading into that hilariously unsatisfying ending?

Yup, I did. Despite that, I still enjoyed the show , very much and I think it is still worthy of a recommendation. I doubt I'm the only person on GAF who liked it, if I am, oh well.

Tuck

Started watching Mushi-shi. On episode 7. Theres.. something about it. Its not exciting, its slow paced, yet... somehow endearing. Really enjoying it.

PK Gaming

Parasyte 12

3497203-snakes-on-a-plane-o.gif

Jintor

You recommended Soul Eater? Really? Did you see what happened to that series post BREW arc? Do you remember the completely nonsensical progression of events leading into that hilariously unsatisfying ending?

Doesn't matter, when it's manga faithful, it's really pretty great. It's only once it starts to diverge that it goes completely to shit.

So I dunno, watch like 25-30 episodes of SE and then wait for SE:Resonance (EXIST DAMN YOU)

Merry Christmas GAF! It's not Christmas for me yet though :(

For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays!

What's everybody drinking tonight?

Nothing but love from my end. Cheers!

No preservative orangeish flavored smoothie and yogurt... no kale because I let it sit too long and it went bad @.@ My poor skin~

Build Fighters Try 12
Finally getting some plot development. How it took 12 episodes to get where the first show did in 5 amazes me but seems like it will get interesting from here.

Sunglasses inside a shaded motorcycle helmet.

God Funimation's website is absolute shit.

what how? since their previous update, it finally works flawlessly for me, and their new features of resuming a show where I left off or remembering what episode I last watched is a gamechanger.

Their kindle fire hd app is still great compared to the terrible crunchyroll one

Clov

Merry Christmas GAF! It's not Christmas for me yet though :(

For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays!

What's everybody drinking tonight?

Just having some red wine tonight. Not too much; I can't get drunk at my parents' place.

I started watching PriPara yesterday, and it's a lot of fun! Really silly show. That headmaster's such a jerk, though! Stop stealing tickets!

Gundam Build Fighters Try 12

ce9a8e795f.jpg
896f1b245f.jpg
4d8ac2f6dd.jpg
7616d2cbac.jpg

Literally the coolest

I'm glad Meijin owned Yuuma so he would stop being a shithead. What exactly did Meijin mean when he said China was taking care of him? IS SEI GETTING NTR'D
And holy shit at that Itano Circus 16 minutes in.

Next episode is "Beyond the Knuckle?" IF THERE'S NO BURNING FINGER I SWEAR TO GOD

That fucking troll ending, I was so sure it was going to be Sei or Reiji, then I thought it was Aila, and it was just someone we haven't met yet. I got so hyped.

Show is still doing good, looks like the streak will continue!
TAKE THAT NARAG

08th MS Team 04-05
~wan

You deserve all the bullying you get!

Spoilers and so forth follow!

Really good writeup, more interested to watch this now.

And Peco finally gets out of his slump. The hero awakens.

I should probably rewatch this episode.

RGZ+ is twice as long (six episodes) and features new characters.

Not only is Gecchan back, she's powered up, too. Mayayan Power! Sayuri Yahagi and Misaki Kuno are playing the other Getter Girls.

OH MY GOOOOOD

Midonin

If Her Flag Were Broken 14

This OVA is best watched before... right now. Half of it was Souta flirting with the many, many girls he's encountered, while the first half was Christmas, Japan style. The kind of Christmas Hyadain is likely to lament about. The same self-aware joking about romantic comedies and light Christmas flavoring (mostly meaning Jingle Bells and Santa outfits) make for something worth passing the night with.

It's fun seeing Christmas from a different cultural perspective.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters Try 12
Show is still doing good, looks like the streak will continue!
TAKE THAT NARAG

I'm glad Meijin owned Yuuma so he would stop being a shithead. What exactly did Meijin mean when he said China was taking care of him? IS SEI GETTING NTR'D

One gets a hint of some GBF goodness in Yuuma vs Meijin because it goes back to the intimate 1-on-1 format of the first series which, in turn, goes back to the issue of anything good in GBF Try being an element co-opted from GBF.

Like I said.
b4daaS4.gif

When GBF Try is over everyone will have fond memories of original characters like Gyanko, Nils Yajima, and Meijin Kawaguchi III.

Lady Kawaguchi is pretty cool, I dunno! The large majority of the cast is connected to S1, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is in some way.
I agree with you for the most part but I still think the show is enjoyable, even before it improves over the last three episodes.

Gundam Build Fighters TRY 12

I lost my shit at the shades inside a helmet. Does Meijin even see anything while hes riding? lol.

Cool episode. Meijin makes everything better. The Female Meijin's SD was cool and cute too.

Really was hoping for Sei at the end there. Damn troll ending.

fertygo

Parasyte - 12

Another character act dumb yay.

But I do like the eps and felt its well executed, I
really feel Shinichi's misery.
When GBF Try is over everyone will have fond memories of original characters like Gyanko, Nils Yajima, and Meijin Kawaguchi III.

Meijin I can understand but Nils cameo is comparable to item shop owner cameo in JRPG sequel, or Wedge in FF

I don't understand why you treat it like OMG Xtreme fanservice,

Narag

Meijin I can understand but Nils cameo is comparable to item shop owner cameo in JRPG sequel, or Wedge in FF

I don't understand why you treat it like OMG Xtreme fanservice,

Because the show would actively suffer from the lack of these cameos.

Parasyte 12

Yeah...the women are pretty dumb in this series. I didn't notice it as much in the manga but maybe it's the same and I didn't catch on because I read it so fast.

Scene where she screws up would've been better if the music stopped when she turned the corner.

Huh, I remember the last time a Madhouse show had someone rip out a person's heart. Looked quite different compared to that time!

Narag

Narag, Gyanko shouldn't count as totally a original series character even though she was shown because she had almost zero presence in the first season.

She'd had more development than Yuuma until the current episode. You know, one of the three main cast members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom