• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gugure! Kokkuri-san 03

K6nxzks.jpg

Creepy.

Inugami gets trained, walked and sent to the moon and another stranger shows up.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Naruto is one of my favourites as well. You might like:

Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach

Really recommend FMA.

I've heard of both of these. I'll put them both on the list. Thanks a lot. I'm building quite the list already.

Of the shouneny stuff I would recommend: Fullmetal Alchemist (the 2003 version first), Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency (so episodes 10-26 but you probably need to slog through the first part to understand things.)

Thanks!

Can't have sex drives during wartime. That'd make genetically engineered children piloting giant robots seem unrealistic. Gundamu is serious business.
What does that boob grab have to do with sex drive? Do you grab the boobs of ladies you like to show you have interest in them?

~wan

Jex

I'm not threatened, just a forum thread is not the place I'm interested in walls of text. Thats for blogs and other places (like medium for instance) imo. Which I read/consume. Even if its rare to find any that really line up with my pov for the most part.

I consider this more like a bar chat.

Is this like, the twitterisation of discussion? Not everything can be reduced into bitesize chunks. I mean, personal preference aside, if you're really going to evaluate a series or movie you're probably going to end up with a hefty amount of text. I wouldn't want to see people posting 5,000 word essays in here but most of the time if a post is one or two lines long it's not really conveying anything to the reader.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, it looks like I missed the latest round of meta-discussion in here. Feel free to ignore my Kaguya-hime post if that's what's happening here now. lol

Jex

Oh, it looks like I missed the latest round of meta-discussion in here. Feel free to ignore my Kaguya-hime post if that's what's happening here now. lol

I think we're done with that (I hope).
dumb&edgy
aoty

1-Cross Ange
2-Psycho Pass S2
3-Aldnoah Zero

I haven't watched wixoss, maybe it belongs to the list somewhere.

I should watch something good for a change :(

Oh yeah it has a place on the list all right. AT THE GOD DAMN TOP!

Midonin

If I might ask, what made you watch Kiddy Girl And first?
It had cute girls and I knew I could get into it without being too lost. I knew it was related to an older show, but had no real desire to watch it until now.

Looking back at the season where it debuted (Fall 09), shows like Railgun, Sasameki Koto and 11eyes were my top priority, so this was mostly something to pass the time.

TUSR

Banned
that new steins;gate book got canned

The teaser site for the STEINS;GATE The Committee of Antimatter novel, planned to be written by Chousirou Miwa with Tadasu Yoshida's illustrations, has finally announced its release was officially cancelled due to various reasons. No specific reason has been given.

interesting

What does that boob grab have to do with sex drive? Do you grab the boobs of ladies you like to show you have interest in them?

~wan

Well the other alternative is to do like that monk in Inuyasha that touched every woman butt.

At least it's a sure-fire way to see if there is interest right away, the side effects are ..well ..

Jex

So I guess it's close enough to Christmas to educate you all on the greatest, purest, Christmas episode of anime. I, of course, speak of Urusei Yatsura episode 79 The House of Mendou - Summer X'mas.

O0PxnZ2.jpg

It starts as any good Christmas special does: in a bed of ruins on the outskirts of a city with gunplay.

Sometimes I forget how good the production values are on Urusei Yatsura. Quite possibly the best looking, long running, anime comedy series of all time.
Shirobako is for enthusiasts. Its appeal drastically drops if you don't have a vested interest in the creation of anime or animation.

u mean if ur a monstr?

Firemind

~wan
I feel like I should educate you on the history of wars and its atrocities, but it's almost Christmas so I'll refrain. I don't even like Gundam. :lol

Have a good one, everyone!

fertygo

Gundam Build Fighter Try - 12

Awesome episode, sure Yuu emoing up is annoying but Meijin bro the fucking up him teaching him lesson of Gunpla made it awesome, Lady Meijin's SD is cool as fuck too. As so her fashion statement =D

I totally expect Fumina or Gyanko isn't the true OTP, its must've some weird newtype.. I more expecting an pacifist ojousama loli though.

And oh also, for the first time I fully satisfied with the mech animation quality, man they surely putting effort to keeping tradition that Yuki always had the best fight.

4 good episode in a row, finishing the first half strong!

rpmurphy

Stand By Me Doraemon

Watched this on my flight since it was available. I remember having terrible misgivings about the 3D as opposed to 2D animation when it was announced quite a while back. But having watched it, I actually like it a lot. The character models were faithful, including a lot of the well-known facial expressions in the series, and the future world was cool. A lot of eye candy in this (and yeah, Shizuka's pantsu lol).

It's been so long since that I last really watched any of the show (like 15 years ago), so some of the new voices were a shock. They were fine though.

The plot, its pacing and direction were plain awful. Like really bad. Just "cram a bunch of stuff together and call it a day" bad. There were English subs provided, but I guess they borrowed the names and terms from the recent localizations? Yummy buns for dorayaki, Big G for Gian, etc. Yuck. I wished there was a way turn it off or a no-sub version, but it wasn't available. :(

I probably would want to see it again on a proper TV screen, but I don't really want to watch it again.

But if they ever remake Creation of the World in this style, holy moly I would totally watch.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 12

Yes Sakai redeemed the episode. Episodes really suffer when there is limited Sakai or even Sekai action going on.

Kid in the store who was like meijin responds three times faster even was the funniest moment.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

that new steins;gate book got canned

interesting

Honestly, I'm ok with this. Steins;Gate had a good ending that tied up loose ends. It doesn't need a sequel.

That gundam seed parody was and still is LEGENDARY.

There was a Gundam SEED parody in that episode? If there was I didn't see it. Then again, I'm only halfway through on SEED anyway.

Accel World has some major faults but I really think it is a way better executed anime than Sword art Online in many ways. The characters are less set pieces and have more defined roles and the settings dont look quite as generic fantasy. I appreciate how each region has different looking avatars/fighters and the ability to enter the world from any place and point in time. Its a fun idea that expands on the few interesting things that SAO introduced then promptly abandoned in favor of self fulfillment fantasy bullshit.
Also, Niko is amazing.

I'm not too big a fan of Niko, haha.

But yeah, it really is much better than SAO in almost every way.

But even so, it's still pretty cool that there was a little crossover piece in Accel World's manga where Haru fought Kirito!
It ended in a draw, but Haru said that if Kirito didn't disconnect at the last second, he would have lost. Because of course Kirito has to win it all, doesn't he Kawihara? -_-

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm sorry but this post is like, totes really long. Can you like, summarise it? Like, on a 100 point scale, what would you give Kaguya? 88? 89?

Look at this toxic and insular behaviour smh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Could anybody explain to me what is watchbets?

Two or more people agree to watch a series of the others' choosing. The name implies there's some sort of penalty but that's usually not the norm. Occasionally, watching the show itself is kind of a penalty but most people have moved away from negative watchbets.

Midonin

Encouragement of Climb S2 24 + Final Thoughts

The delays in the first half of the show's airing on CR's end weren't fun, but once it started streaming regularly, this quickly became one of my favorite shows of this season and, retroactively, last season. The characters are lovable, the scenery is beautiful, and it gets some small drama out of mountain climbing while keeping the mood in a pleasant place. It also showed me a lot of places around Japan that I'd love to visit some day, like the park they went to. Both openings were really nice. This is one of the best shows to come out of Earth Star's anime projects, and I'd love to see more of this, or something similar. It's not exactly a sports anime, it's definitely cute girls doing cute things, but overall, it's about freedom and exploration and overcoming your fears. Educational and entertaining! One of the best shows on air this year.

Theonik

Is this like, the twitterisation of discussion? Not everything can be reduced into bitesize chunks. I mean, personal preference aside, if you're really going to evaluate a series or movie you're probably going to end up with a hefty amount of text. I wouldn't want to see people posting 5,000 word essays in here but most of the time if a post is one or two lines long it's not really conveying anything to the reader.
Will post a 5000 word essay about the strike witches franchise before the year end now.

fertygo

This is what happens when she is allowed to run free. But the real question is: Did you have fun?

~wan wan

Best Okada's show

Aside her adaptation ofc

The cringe actually completely left after incest subplot go away, but goddamn.. the edge man, the edge keep getting sharpher and sharper..

Shit overwhelm me, Urobuchi ain't shit to Okada. :bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom