• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need to watch Utena before impressions from that put me off from Ikuhara forever. :|
ReXAyaB.gif
A Toei seizure is a terrible way to go.

kewlmyc

Parasyte 12:

C6VgM1z.gif

It's like she went out of her way to do every bad decision she could.

I hope something comes from the detectives starting to be suspicious of him though. Probably the only part I liked about the developments this episode.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Sword Art S2 END

And with that, I promise to never watch another episode of this show again. Its definitely won't ever suit my tastes.

Log Horizon S2 12

First half is over and a new arc is beginning. And that means
more characters you have never heard about before.

Parasyte 12

steve-carell-stare.jpg

Gundam Build fighter Try - 12

"Meijin Kawagushi the third"

There are no Limits to Gunpla !!

Based kawagushi , teaching those new leaves what gunpla is about !

Narag

Cowboy bebop 10

What a strong character oriented episode. It'd been forever since I'd watched the show, as I've said before, so it was liking watching it for the first time again. The glimpse into Jet's past had such a genuine raw quality to it. Storyboarding was really nice as well, shining in that chase scene and bits like Rhint's first person view piloting the boat. Between that and the simulated shaky cam in Rhint's flashback, this felt very reminiscent of episode 1 and I wonder if that was intentional as if to show what Jet would do in a similar situation, contrasting the roles of a man without a history vs one with one.

It's amusing just how much I've enjoyed these eps I'd completely forgotten about. I guess you really can have fresh eyes for something you've seen before.

Also, Faye in a bikini makes me wonder how she'd be received now in this "everything is fanservice" climate. Can't help but think people would call her out as excessive given how she was shown this ep.

Mailbox

I have watched way too much anime this year, let alone this season, to do a "episode by episode" thing (I'm not even kidding, i plan on making a thread about it soon)

That said, I'm really annoyed that the leftovers from this season are on hiatus until next season starts :(

No "your lie in april" for another 2 weeks :(

sigh~

Mature

Cowboy bebop 10

What a strong character oriented episode. It'd been forever since I'd watched the show, as I've said before, so it was liking watching it for the first time again. The glimpse into Jet's past had such a genuine raw quality to it. Storyboarding was really nice as well, shining in that chase scene and bits like Rhint's first person view piloting the boat. Between that and the simulated shaky cam in Rhint's flashback, this felt very reminiscent of episode 1 and I wonder if that was intentional as if to show what Jet would do in a similar situation, contrasting the roles of a man without a history vs one with one.

It's amusing just how much I've enjoyed these eps I'd completely forgotten about. I guess you really can have fresh eyes for something you've seen before.

Also, Faye in a bikini makes me wonder how she'd be received now in this "everything is fanservice" climate. Can't help but think people would call her out as excessive given how she was shown this ep.
I was surprised at how stunning of an episode Ganymede Elegy was upon revisiting it. I caught it at around 4am on Toonami a few months ago and I was genuinely blown away by it. Can't wait to get to it on my BDs. There was also a lot more background animation that I ever would have remembered.

Rhint and Elisa are great reasons for why I love Kawamoto as a character designer so much. Fleeting, one off characters who have such a memorable design.
tumblr_mvftlcLrst1rpfx57o1_500.gif

Narag

I was surprised at how stunning of an episode Ganymede Elegy was upon revisiting it. I caught it at around 4am on Toonami a few months ago and I was genuinely blown away by it. Can't wait to get to it on my BDs. There was also a lot more background animation that I ever would have remembered.

Rhint and Elisa are great reasons for why I love Kawamoto as a character designer so much. Fleeting, one off characters who have such a memorable design.

Man, that lighter bit was too good, perfectly conveying his anxiety. Mentioning character design brings up how much of a strength that is for the show. Everyone's memorable, there's no sameface nonsense, and personalities are reflected so well visually. Going through the show again is evoking the same feelings Ping Pong did in that it's amazing how much better this is than, well, most everything else.

Parasyte 12

KALIMAAAAAAAAAAAAA KALIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So yeah, as everybody else is complaining the girls from the harem in this show are excessively one-note and stupid so
the fact one is now dead is not as bad as it seems, but she was asking for it

But god damn that
cold dead look of anger of Shinichi at the end as he one punches the parasyte's chest and grabs his heart
was awesome. This is definitely an anime I can show my friends.

Anybody know if it's going to go straight for 20+ episodes? Or is it going to take a season break?

Really need to watch Utena before impressions from that put me off from Ikuhara forever. :|

A Toei seizure is a terrible way to go.

It's what happens when all you consume is scraps

Yu Yu Hakusho Disc 2 of Vol 3 Chapter Black START

B5rLwVUCEAIKf19.jpg:large

That swagger, and music choice

I will say, the whole premise is actually rather interesting having being exposed to this part for the first time. It starts off with rather unconventional fights and some interesting animation choices, granted
I'm not entirely sure why Kuwabara has no powers, probably from the sword hilt he was given

And so Elder Togoro is still alive, and we practically got a "Dark Continent" style power leveling. This really shows that Togashi learned from YYH

The OP has changed and on top of that,we gain some new music as well. This now really feels like the second half of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Parasyte 12

So yeah, as everybody else is complaining the girls from the harem in this show are excessively one-note and stupid so

But god damn that
cold dead look of anger of Shinichi at the end as he one punches the parasyte's chest and grabs his heart

Anybody know if it's going to go straight for 20+ episodes? Or is it going to take a season break?

Kana I can sort of understand why people can be annoyed at her, glasses-girl also (as I forget her name and her relevance to the show at this point is over). However I don't see people's issues with Murano. Is it hard to believe that a close friend (and now significant other, sort of) is confused over a sudden change in personality over their friend (not to mention the abnormal lack of emotion to everything)?

Rage of Bahamut 11

Poor fucking Kaisar is such a badass competent fighter, and he's the butt of the joke in this series lol. How many times did he fall into the abyss in this episode hahahaha. Regardless, solid episode, the show will be ending next episode I guess?

Kana I can sort of understand why people can be annoyed at her, glasses-girl also (as I forget her name and her relevance to the show at this point is over). However I don't see people's issues with Murano. Is it hard to believe that a close friend (and now significant other, sort of) is confused over a sudden change in personality over their friend (not to mention the abnormal lack of emotion to everything)?

I've written my complaints about her in the OT, not going to repeat them. It revolves more around the writing of her extremely annoying plot-specific question and how it's worded awkwardly. But it's more about the show, way more people ask the question now and it's getting on my nerves haha

I've written my complaints about her in the OT, not going to repeat them. It revolves more around the writing of her extremely annoying plot-specific question and how it's worded awkwardly. But it's more about the show, way more people ask the question now and it's getting on my nerves haha

Just read over it, and yeah I agree that the repeated plot question could be worded differently, but the essential message being repeated isn't all that out of the ordinary given the sequence of events that transpired. Anime is anime, not everything translated is literal (and trust me, having Japanese translated literally would make thinks even more jarring).

Theonik

Btw, for those who backed Mai Mai Miracle for $25 or more, the digital version is now up on Vimeo to watch or download.

TUSR

Banned
LWA2 Update
b8XzhOe.jpg

Happy holiday seasons and best wishes for the upcoming new year!

At last the physical production for Little Witch Academia 2 (LWA2, title pending) has started in the studio! It is a great pleasure to see Akko and her friends receive the chance to be animated once again. Of course, this would not have been possible without the support of Kick Starter, and most importantly our fans! I would like to once again say my thanks to all of our supporters on behalf of TRIGGER.

In our previous update, we have announced that we have finally came up with a scenario that we are happy to work with. Today I would like to update our backers that our director Yoh Yoshinari is just about finishing up on drawing up the storyboard for our new episode! If all goes well, we should have a completed storyboard by this weekend! Below is couple of image from the previous LWA’s storyboard. As much as we would like to show the current storyboard, we have concluded that it is best to not spoil the story.

mKzGkzh.jpg

With the storyboard just a moment away from completion, the studio is making final preparation to animating the project! Just a night ago, we had our first Saku-uchi (industry lingo for animator’s meeting with the director to get consensus with each other.) At the current rate of process, we are hoping to finish the project around May 2015. Still a long way to go, but we will do our best to keep our backers informed with the latest information regarding LWA2!

For starters, we would like to start the year by sending out our first bunch of surveys for the rewards! While the shipping date is still pending at the moment, we would like to start early to make sure that the rewards will safely arrive to your doorsteps.

We also have a small holiday gift from TRIGGER! We have made the first episode of Little Witch Academia available once again on Youtube for a limited time (roughly 24 hours) for everyone to enjoy! (you can access the stream from the link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

Again, a thanks to all of our supporters, and a Happy new year from TRIGGER!

Producer of Little Witch Academia 2
Naoko Tsutsumi

Yowamushi Pedal 22

Biker Voldo trolling Imaizumi by telling him his mother died during a race is pretty great. This is a villain character that could easily be annoying as hell, but they've made him quite entertaining.

wonzo

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 22

Biker Voldo trolling Imaizumi by telling him his mother died during a race is pretty great. This is a villain character that could easily be annoying as hell, but they've made him quite entertaining.
That entire scene takes an incredibly different tone later on…

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Merry Xmas and happy holiday AnimeGAF!

Inou battle 12

So, Andou Dark and Dark of the End is everything Andou wished for. An uncontrollable fire that burn it user. SO edgy/emo. Though Andou beeing chuuni somehow able to use it to help other. The ending is something that one could expect from unfinished LN adaptation. Lot of plot thread unresolved, new character teased, and so on.
But hey, i consider this as an harmless show. It's not really spectacular or anything. It's the usual harem antic show with a miss or hit comedy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gintama meets Sword Art Online Special - How does killing you offline work if you are already dead on the inside?

With the announcement of a new series of Gintama I thought now would be a good time to watch an episode I've been putting off for a special occasion, the long awaited Gintama and Sword Art Online crossover. And what better occasion than the birth of our Lord, Christmas, to watch it? This isn't the first crossover Gintama has had, the first being with Sket Dance, but it certainly the first time they've really ventured away from the usual Jump mentions the show loves to make.

However I have to wonder if A4 Paper Pictures and Reki Kamehameha took control of this because it seems that they didn't dare want Kirito to be mocked, instead opting to have all jokes directed at Klein. Seriously, there is not one joke about Kirito in the whole thing!

ib84tIbEulPQq.jpg

The story starts with the odd jobs visiting Hiraga Gengai who has apparently invented a VR machine but doesn't know how safe it, is so he hires them to test it. This is basically just a way to warp them to the Sword Art Online universe.

Interestingly they decided to set it in the world of Aincrad, the location of SAO's first arc and of course the infamous death game. Though, in typical Gintama fashion they've decided to make things a little light hearted so, instead of people dying offline, their hair goes white if they die with the motto 'if you die online you dye in real life'. This means Japan faces an epidemic where all their children risk looking like OAPs. Of course this is a dig at Gintoki, whose hair is, of course, white. Not wanting to have his hair colour associated with oldness and to lose his USP Gintoki teams up with Kirito to take down the game.

ibejArJ3ANtkyn.jpg

Since this is just a standard length episode they decide to skip things along so they soon meet Heathcliff. I don't want to spoil things so I won't mention that basically Gintoki and Heathcliff get into an argument about what constitutes hair as silver and what constitutes it as white (if you don't recall, Heathcliff has a more beige white hair colour) in what is described as two old men bickering. Gintoki kicks his arse out of anger leaving Heathcliff with his pixelated arse in the air. This of course leads to end of the world of Aincrad and we finish with a parody of the first SAO arc with Kayaba Akihiko giving his explanation as to why he did it. The reason actually being he was bald from a young age which lead to a life of ridicule. He wanted others to suffer like he did and he though kids with with white hair would be even more embarrassing. Though by the time he finishes his explanation and turns to look at the Gintama crew they've already logged off. Heathcliff fizzles away while being glad that now that he is becoming one with the Internet he'll have all the naughty pictures he can possibly dream of,

isL5kJwJ8y28z.jpg

All in all, for fans of both series this is a must watch. Some Gintama fans may feel that the series has sold out by doing this crossover but basically I see it as them managing to do a parody story on the SAO concept without having to hide behind a parody name like say the Monster Hunter parody, Monkey Hunter, arc. I'd actually say the SAO fans miss out more as the characters from this show take a bit of a back seat to the Gintama crew. Like I said, this is likely so they could avoid making to much fun of the SAO cast and try to keep Kirito's serious reputation. Highly recommended!

Parasyte 12

We already covered how the series don't pass the Bechdel test with the girls here... and how idiotic they can be sometimes.
But when she was expecting, desperately, to be sensed by him like she could sense him, I couldn't help but feel for her. A one-sided love fuelled even more by the "signals" she could feel. Even if he explained her in a logical way the true nature of the signal, I can see how the unconscious part of a love-struck teenager girl couldn't help but conflate it as a "special feeling"; and wanted to believe she had a special power just about him, to be something unique, to really be connected, and she kind of lie to herself. A sad situation (one sided romanced) made it worse given the circumstances and
with a sad end. It can be seen as "bah what an idiot girl!" but I pitied her in the end.

The scene after the funeral was also good.

phaze

Gintama meets Sword Art Online Special - How does killing you offline work if you are already dead on the inside?

I don't want to spoil things so I won't mention that basically Gintoki and Heathcliff get into an argument about what constitutes hair as silver and what constitutes it as white (if you don't recall, Heathcliff has a more beige white hair colour) in what is described as two old men bickering. Gintoki kicks his arse out of anger leaving Heathcliff with his pixelated arse in the air. This of course leads to end of the world of Aincrad and we finish with a parody of the first SAO arc with Kayaba Akihiko giving his explanation as to why he did it

Yeah about that ...

Having not seen either of the two shows, I actually thought this was a real thing. And that masterful crunchyroll player just solidified it. Thanks for the laugh. :D

phaze

Parasyte 12

But god damn that

I'm fairly sure it continues in the Winter.

On that note, they are really driving their only, semi decent, track on the OST into the ground.

Yowamushi Pedal 26

Well
Onoda falling and ending up in last place
was a really predictable and stupid twist. I really hope they don't drag this part out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom