• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

I'm perfectly fine with the black recon scope retexture mod.
554-1-1447538682.jpg

am I using NMM right? I see there is a mod update. I download it via NMM and it has 2 of the same mods in NMM the old version and the new. I delete the old version. ta da.

why doesnt it just update the old version ? instead it creates 2 mod in NMM

Mindman

To use mods with the beta version activate the mod and set the plugins.txt to read-only until you need to install a new mod. Then set it back after you're done. The beta version turns off all mods unless you do this.

Dries

So apparently, you don't need to apply those console commands anymore to install True Storms?

HOWEVER, the step for adding folders to the sResourceDataDirsFinal is outdated. Please use this method instead (thanks InsanePlumber / Zilav):

In Fallout4.ini, under the [Archive] section, create a new variable: bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
Then change sResourceDataDirsFinal= to be blank, just like that, sResourceDataDirsFinal=

This allows you to place anything as loose files in /data/ -- interface, fonts, textures, scripts, anything -- without needing to constantly add new values. Plus, it loads faster!

So apparently, you don't need to apply those console commands anymore to install True Storms?

That actually applies to something else but is nonetheless very important. The console command gives the player a status effect that activates during radstorms to change their strength.

Dries

That actually applies to something else but is nonetheless very important. The console command gives the player a status effect that activates during radstorms to change their strength.

Oh, it's only for that effect? Either way, the mod creater took down the part where he explained how to apply it.

Man, wouldnt this game lend it self well for a zombie survival mod?

Just replace all baddies with ghouls.

Make them super powerful so when they hit you they'll often get the bite animation (and you die)

Make it so that they hardly ever die of body shots but headshots take one or two.

Have a fuck ton of those ghouls roaming around.

Have raiders function as rival survivors.

Build settlements so you are Rick Crimes in the flesh.

I would love this.

I am no modder, but I wonder how hard this would be.

Jedi2016

Why on earth would they even hide it? Modding their games is one of the main selling points, after all.
That part of it won't be used until the "real" mods come out after the Creation Kit is launched. They'll probably update the launcher then to actually have a button there.

Make them super powerful so when they hit you they'll often get the bite animation (and you die)

Make it so that they hardly ever die of body shots but headshots take one or two.

I would love this.

this................................THIS SO HARD!!!

When the official modding tools come out, thats when we'll start seeing conversion mods like these. The REAL mods. I'm looking forward to all the weapon, armor and quest mods also.

I hope my computer can handle more than 300 mods though.......because thats how I roll with skyrim.

thanks to the guy who made the true storms mod, there is a trick you can do to make the game load VERY quickly.

do this:

- In Fallout4.ini, under the [Archive] section, create a new variable: bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
- Then change sResourceDataDirsFinal= to be blank, just like that, sResourceDataDirsFinal=

This allows you to place anything as loose files in /data/ -- interface, fonts, textures, scripts, anything, without needing to constantly add new values. And it loads faster! If you are for some reason worried about doing that, then just don't change it, and make sure you have every folder accounted for in that list.

I confirmed, mods still work and it loads WAY fast not

Jedi2016

thanks to the guy who made the true storms mod, there is a trick you can do to make the game load VERY quickly.
General question on .ini files: Can you comment out a line? I want to keep the old sResourceDataDirsFinal line, if I add a "#" to the beginning of it, will the system ignore it and use only the new one?

BizzyBum

I would love this.

Yes, and the help defend the settlements would just be waves and waves of ghouls.

This plus graphical mods and darker nights? Straight into my veins.

Savitar

Is there a good mod to continue building stuff at your settlement? Having a limit is a pain in the ass. I tried one thing but it doesn't seem to work and not being able to build anything (mainly defenses) irks me like no tomorrow.

Anyone have a good solution/suggestion?

BizzyBum

Is there a mod to have the pip boy light have a white, normal light source without having to change the UI to be white?

TheRed

Is there a mod to have the pip boy light have a white, normal light source without having to change the UI to be white?

my pip boy light is white but I'm not sure if it's because of a mod I installed or maybe because I play with blue HUD it already makes the light white?

Grinchy

Banned

I find that I can make a light green color that looks green in the UI but white when it lights things up. It's worth messing with.

Paganmoon

Any mod to change (story spoilers for Confidence Man quest)
Travis back to his low confidence self? He was funny on the radio then, now he just comes of as a douche...

Also, this game lacks gear, I've been running around with the same basic gear since pretty much the start (military fatigues, and sea captains hat). Looking for change, but there really aren't any. Hope mods will change that, or maybe there already are mods for it? I mean, I like the stats of the fatigues, but I want the looks of the road leathers...

Any mod to change (story spoilers for Confidence Man quest)
Travis back to his low confidence self? He was funny on the radio then, now he just comes of as a douche...

Also, this game lacks gear, I've been running around with the same basic gear since pretty much the start (military fatigues, and sea captains hat). Looking for change, but there really aren't any. Hope mods will change that, or maybe there already are mods for it? I mean, I like the stats of the fatigues, but I want the looks of the road leathers...

You can use Armorsmith Extended to add ballistic weave to all outfits.

Regarding the lack of gear, I'd expect mods to drastically improve on this. New Vegas got some really great armor and clothing mods.

void666

Banned
I'm pretty much done with the game. Now i need those sweet overhaul mods that add difficulty, immersion and depth. Alternate starts and full BoS presence without doing the main quest.
I want to play as a ghoul or a synth.

Menome

New patch just applied itself to my Steam install. Can confirm:

Not Compatible:

-More Armor Slots
-Shadow Boost
-Classic V.A.T.S.
-Better Generators

Compatible:

-Carry Weight Modifications
-Full Dialogue Interface
-Hide Pip-Boy

Will update as I test some more.

Pakoe

Not Compatible:

-More Armor Slots
-Shadow Boost
-Classic V.A.T.S.
-Better Generators

Compatible:

-Full Dialogue Interface
-Hide Pip-Boy

Goddamnit, just downloaded this. Thanks for letting me know.

Paganmoon

Not Compatible:

-More Armor Slots
-Shadow Boost
-Classic V.A.T.S.
-Better Generators

Compatible:

-Full Dialogue Interface
-Hide Pip-Boy

What build are you on? cause mine hasn't updated since last Thursday, and I'm on 881250. You sure there's a new updated for today?

Thorgal

did a check of all my mods and there was no trace of of a dsound.dll so i am good .

+ i would like to stress the " potential" part , as currently they are not even sure somebody managed to breach the site , let alone got to the account database .

All they know is that 3 mods where altered by the authors themselves but had a suspicious .dll file added to them without there knowledge ,suggesting those authors account got compromised but that this is not yet an indication of a total database breach .
These are the 3 mods that contained the suspicious file :

- Higher Settlement Budget (downloads from 5th December)
- Rename Dogmeat (downloads from 4th December)
- BetterBuild (downloads from 29th November)

If any has downloaded any of these mods recently go and see if any of them contain a "Dsound.dll" file .

if none are found , you are most likely in the clear .

if you are still paranoid , you can change your Nexus Mods password here .

Paganmoon

V1.2 Patch. Notes are now on Update History:

http://i.imgur.com/nJMd2qM.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ahh, I was thinking there was a new beta patch. That's what we got on Thursday sent out as a live patch then. And yeah, that patch broke the vendor caps mod for me at least.

After playing the game a metric ass-ton, as soon as a level cap mod comes out, or a very balanced damage mod, I'll be using it. With all the talk of the improved shooting mechanics (it is better), things really start to get wonky level 50+, especially in the areas (late game) where you are fighting large groups of enemies. They hardly damage you at this point, but you also barely damage them, even with maxed out weapon perks and fully upgraded weapons. My one character is over level 70 (damn idiot perk), and I can stand in front of certain same level enemies with an explosive shotgun and just shoot and shoot and shoot. Incredibly boring, and that's on very hard. No way I'd play on survival and nerf my damage even more.

Ninja sneak attacks can waste everything, but why play every character the same way?

Pakoe

After playing the game a metric ass-ton, as soon as a level cap mod comes out, or a very balanced damage mod, I'll be using it. With all the talk of the improved shooting mechanics (it is better), things really start to get wonky level 50+, especially in the areas (late game) where you are fighting large groups of enemies. They hardly damage you at this point, but you also barely damage them, even with maxed out weapon perks and fully upgraded weapons. My one character is over level 70 (damn idiot perk), and I can stand in front of certain same level enemies with an explosive shotgun and just shoot and shoot and shoot. Incredibly boring, and that's on very hard. No way I'd play on survival and nerf my damage even more.

Ninja sneak attacks can waste everything, but why play every character the same way?

This is the reason i don't like playing on a hard difficulty, it makes the enemies bullet sponges and detroys my fun.

Why on earth would they even hide it? Modding their games is one of the main selling points, after all.

There's no official support until they release the Creation Kit/G.E.C.K. for Fallout 4. People have been creating mods despite the lack of a tool.

Top Bottom