• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Calmine

I changed the fov to 90, but it affects the pipboy as well. Anyway to keep the fov at 90 and keep the pipboy on default?

I changed the fov to 90, but it affects the pipboy as well. Anyway to keep the fov at 90 and keep the pipboy on default?

I know right clicking with the Pip Boy up will zoom it in on the screen. I can't remember off the top of my head what the controller equivalent is. But it helps!

fleck0

yes, besides hitting select on the controller to zoom in a little bit (not sure what the keyboard command is) You want to -

go to your pipboy, bring up the console (~), type FOV XX (whatever you want the pipboy fov to be)

I'm pretty sure this lets you have separate values in and out of the pipboy.

Kin5290

So, will the mod that brings in Space Marine power armor be coming before or after the New Year?

More to the point, has Nexus Mod Manager been expanded to include Fallout 4 yet? I'm not 100% confident with adding mods manually.

JP

I'm happy with this reshade so far. Totally eliminate that washed out & too bright feeling of the vanilla. It also gives me that New Vegas feel.
Amazing vanilla correction.
I'd love something like this to hit the PS4, I can't imagine this sort of thing will reach the consoles but come on Bethesda, surely it's as simple as a saturation slider in the options menu?

I was trying to follow the installation for the carry weight mod and I don't have any plugins file they're talking about. There is no AppData\Local\Fallout4 directory.How does this work?

2. Edit your plugins.txt

The plugins.txt is in "Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Local\Fallout4".
Add "CarryWeight500.esp" (or whichever .esp you actually used) under "Fallout4.esm". If you used both the default carry weight mod and the bonus carry weight mod, simply add both "CarryWeight(whatever you chose here).esp" and "CarryWeight(whatever you chose here)Strength.esp" under Fallout4.esm

aravuus

It.. Really should be there, I don't know what to say. Plugins.txt tells the game what to load, so obviously it's needed.

Have you perhaps just installed the game and haven't even launched it, or re-installed it and have yet to launch it after re-installing? It's possible the launcher creates the folder (and text file) the first time it, uh, launches.

nynt9

I'd love something like this to hit the PS4, I can't imagine this sort of thing will reach the consoles but come on Bethesda, surely it's as simple as a saturation slider in the options menu?

This is done via injecting code into the game's executable. Bethesda's official mod tools will most likely not allow this kind of thing. Mods will probably be adding assets to the game. Though I might be wrong.

JP

This is done via injecting code into the game's executable. Bethesda's official mod tools will most likely not allow this kind of thing. Mods will probably be adding assets to the game. Though I might be wrong.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Which is why I'm really wanting Bethesda to do it at some point, I'd imagine it'd be a popular thing to add to the options menu as it's relatively simple way to improve the image.

It.. Really should be there, I don't know what to say. Plugins.txt tells the game what to load, so obviously it's needed.

Have you perhaps just installed the game and haven't even launched it, or re-installed it and have yet to launch it after re-installing? It's possible the launcher creates the folder (and text file) the first time it, uh, launches.

Nope, I'm like 9 hours into the game. I tried searching everywhere for any other fallout4 directories and see nothing. Really strange

I have a folder in the steamapps\common and one in mydocuments\mygames

Calmine

I know right clicking with the Pip Boy up will zoom it in on the screen. I can't remember off the top of my head what the controller equivalent is. But it helps!

yes, besides hitting select on the controller to zoom in a little bit (not sure what the keyboard command is) You want to -

go to your pipboy, bring up the console (~), type FOV XX (whatever you want the pipboy fov to be)

I'm pretty sure this lets you have separate values in and out of the pipboy.

Ok Cool I'll try those thanks.

aravuus

Nope, I'm like 9 hours into the game. I tried searching everywhere for any other fallout4 directories and see nothing. Really strange

I have a folder in the steamapps\common and one in mydocuments\mygames

Hmm.. And obviously you've got the "show hidden items" option checked in explorer settings? The text file isn't hidden, but appdata is, soooooo maybe it's fucking things up if it's not checked? I really can't come up with anything else

Pretty odd

Hmm.. And obviously you've got the "show hidden items" option checked in explorer settings? The text file isn't hidden, but appdata is, soooooo maybe it's fucking things up if it's not checked? I really can't come up with anything else

Pretty odd

That was it...the folder was hidden. Thanks haha

Hey, anyone got a mirror of the Red Sox uniform mod? I was going to pick it up but apparently the MLB's lawyers smashed it with a CnD.

OraleeWey

I was trying to follow the installation for the carry weight mod and I don't have any plugins file they're talking about. There is no AppData\Local\Fallout4 directory.How does this work?

2. Edit your plugins.txt

The plugins.txt is in "Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Local\Fallout4".
Add "CarryWeight500.esp" (or whichever .esp you actually used) under "Fallout4.esm". If you used both the default carry weight mod and the bonus carry weight mod, simply add both "CarryWeight(whatever you chose here).esp" and "CarryWeight(whatever you chose here)Strength.esp" under Fallout4.esm

Same here.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Which is why I'm really wanting Bethesda to do it at some point, I'd imagine it'd be a popular thing to add to the options menu as it's relatively simple way to improve the image.

Yeah, reshade/sweetfx mods should be doable on consoles. However, it should be noted that each presets gave different outcome and impact on performance. That particular one I use doesn't give performance impact though. But it's still possible for them to include them to consoles, after they choose which ones that get a pass and wouldn't hurt consoles performance at all.

Any news on when we're going to see these supposed "mods" hitting the consoles, like Bethesda said they would?

After the official modding tool released, I suppose, which is early next year.
PC folks can already get lots of mods without the tool though, as the game is easily moddable in the first place, even without the tool.

- Download reshade: http://reshade.me/
- Install it to your Fallout 4.exe
- Download the preset from sfx.lazy
- Rename the notepad file to SweetFX_settings.txt
- Move it to common > Fallout 4 > SweetFX and replace

And you're done. Press Scroll lock to turn it on/off. If you want to try many other presets, just follow step 3 to 5. Rename your old preset to something else just in case you want to use is again later.

when you turn it on and close the game and reopen, does it stay on or do you need to re-enable? does it turn off when loading in between zones?

RK9039

when you turn it on and close the game and reopen, does it stay on or do you need to re-enable? does it turn off when loading in between zones?

Once you put the mod files in the main folder you don't need to do anything else, it will always be there when you come back to the game. You can actually alt+tab and tweak the files with the game running, switch back to the game window after you've saved the changes and it will apply the changes to the game. It's pretty nifty.

Once you put the mod files in the main folder you don't need to do anything else, it will always be there when you come back to the game. You can actually alt+tab and tweak the files with the game running, switch back to the game window after you've saved the changes and it will apply the changes to the game. It's pretty nifty.

per the instructions, where do I download the preset " sfx.lazy" ?

Playstation 4 Button Prompt
395-0-1447439116.jpg

Gore texture redone.

HD Bandana Retexture

Vaultsuit Retexture

Raider Dogmeat

Towbie's Realistic Weapon Sounds

Same Sex Marriage

RK9039

per the instructions, where do I download the preset " sfx.lazy" ?

From any of these presets: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1158/

In a lot of the ones listed there you'll see a link that says Download Preset, that's the file you'll need with all the official files that come with Sweetfx/Reshade.

I'm finding it more easier to just grab these mods from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?, they usually put all the files together.

For reshade, you only need to download the reshade and install it once. You only need to download each settings from each sfx lazy page that match your preferences.

nynt9

Any news on when we're going to see these supposed "mods" hitting the consoles, like Bethesda said they would?

I wonder how much you'll be allowed to mod on console though, given that the performance on consoles seems to be terrible.

I love the concept of reshade mods, but most of them break the look and feel of the original game and to me that's not good. Is there one to just add stuff like DOF and similar "neutral" effects that won't chang ethe game's color temperature significantly?

hmm, tried the mod for carrying weight, doesn't seem to be working, still at the same default weight as before. I edited all the files and such, and set them to read only.

- Download reshade: http://reshade.me/
- Install it to your Fallout 4.exe
- Download the preset from sfx.lazy
- Rename the notepad file to SweetFX_settings.txt
- Move it to common > Fallout 4 > SweetFX and replace

And you're done. Press Scroll lock to turn it on/off. If you want to try many other presets, just follow step 3 to 5. Rename your old preset to something else just in case you want to use is again later.

what notepad file exactly?

Denton

Are there any alternative fonts mods for this ? The default one is such an eyesore.

Also how anyone could use the default green is beyond me. At least I could change color.

wowzors

What us the general consensus in boris's ENB for fallout 4? I can't really tell from the pictures if its any good, I was a fan of his grand theft auto ENB miss.

Top Bottom