• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

So I seem to have broken weapon scopes when I changed my FOV to 90. (res 1920x1080)

7NC18pV.jpg

Is there a way to change this as well or will my scope ui always break if I change my FOV?

jediyoshi

After Zenimax Online had the courtesy of adding FoV options to Elder Scrolls Online (pretty sure it's there in the console version as well), there really is no excuse whatsoever for Bethesda at this point. It's shameful.

What's the correlation there?

How did you change the FOV?

I think it's just "fov 90" in the console, without "".

It's in the OP, guys.

How to change the game fov.
Unlike how you may have changed the fov in Skyrim, Fallout 4 requires a little more work. Not it requies changes to three files, there are two files called Fallout4Prefs.ini in two different locations and one called Fallout4.ini, all three need to be changed as below.

Firstly go to your Fallout4.ini (loacted at C:Users[name]DocumentsMy GamesFallout4) and under [Display] put the below:
fDefaultWorldFOV=XX
fDefault1stPersonFOV=YY

* where XX is you desired fov. I feel 90 is what will probably be best for most, but tweak away. :)
* where YY is the desired fov for you character model (your hands on screen and gun). Make this smaller to decrease how much you see, and larger to increase it.

Next go to the Fallout4Prefs.ini and do the same directory as above (C:Users[name]DocumentsMy GamesFallout4), under [Display] put:
fDefaultWorldFOV=XX
fDefault1stPersonFOV=YY

* where XX is you desired fov. I feel 90 is what will probably be best for most, but tweak away. :)
* where YY is the desired fov for you character model (your hands on screen and gun). Make this smaller to decrease how much you see, and larger to increase it.

Next go to where you installed steam then open steamappscommonFallout 4Fallout4 (a folder called Fallout 4 is in another folder called Fallout4, how many levels deep does this go ;) ). Next open the Fallout4Prefs.ini here and once again under [Display] add the below:
fDefaultWorldFOV=XX
fDefault1stPersonFOV=YY

Note, the fov options under [Interface] in Fallout4.ini do not need to be changed for this to work.

Your FOV should now be changed. :)

If you find your pipboy to be to small, press ~, the type fov XX, where XX is a smallish number. This will take same trial and error, and whilst this fov will not stick for your general game, this will change the fov when pulling out your pipboy. (A thankyou to InvalidFace for noticing and posting this tweak for the pipboy in the comments below). If you're tild key (~) isn't working it is reported you need to change your keyboard layout to us.

Default game fov (80):

Game fov when set to 110:

I need a mod that adds tracks to the radio stations, not replaces them.
Lots of radio mods already but no one seem to be able to actually add tracks to them. Perhaps we have to wait for the official tool for that.

-------------------------------

More Armor Slots
So this mod well pretty much allow you to wear those 5 extra piece of armor on anything that usually takes all the slots, like the clean dirty suits, they take each body slot but with this mod that wont be happening anymore.
Omg, finally!

Rock On (Rocks HD re-texture)

Different Colours for Power Armour hud

UberLevi

I'm hoping somebody makes a mod that lets me recruit children to my settlements so that I can make child sweatshops where they produce tons of resources that I can sell for copious amounts of caps.

Ah. Well, I just followed the guide I posted above from the OP :]

All right. Make sure you added fDefaultWorldFOV=xx and fDefault1stPersonFOV=xx to all three .inis (fallout4.ini; fallout4prefs.ini in both documents and install folder). And then open the console in-game (with ~, depending on your keyboard layout) and enter 'fov xx', followed by 'refreshini'. Save game.

Alternatively, you could try something like this: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/320

NIN90

Is there a mod that automatically renames weapons and apparel so everything is sorted by type? Not having a sort by type option makes comparing gear is a pain in the ass.

I think Skyrim had something like this.

from hotshot in the steam forums

I found a cleaner way to fix the horizontal and vertical sensitivity being different and it works for any resolution.

Make sure to change fMouseHeadingYScale back to .021 then add the following to Fallout4.ini under [Controls]:

fPitchSpeedRatio=1.000
fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio=1.0000

The first value controls the ratio of vertical movement to horizontal movement when aiming from the hip, the second does the same for when aiming down the sights. Bethesda, in their infinite wisdom, made the defaults 0.5625 for fPitchSpeedRatio and 0.8000 for fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio.

Grassy

Do those reshade or enb mods negatively affect frame rates?

I've done some testing on my system and I've seen my fps drop by up to 5fps using my custom SweetFX preset. It just depends on what SweetFX preset you're using as most people use different combinations of effects, some have SMAA and others don't etc.

Thems a lot of words bruv.

Honestly the "well known tweak" for FOV is a bunch of BS.

All you have to do is paste this into your Fallout4.ini file, under the [Display] header:

fDefaultWorldFOV=80
fDefault1stPersonFOV=95

tweak the values after = for whatever FOV you want. Makes me kinda sick that this "FOV tweak" is so popular when the guy behind it is so wrong... lol. 3 different .ini files....lmfao

You can check out my tool to make it super easy to do here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/190/?

HowZatOZ

Banned
I do hope a mod comes out fixing the god awful inventory system. Can't find shit in it when I need it, and the sorting functions aren't exactly fantastic either.

Not sure if anybody else noticed this yet, but they really fucked up the hair lighting. In some areas hair glows in such a ridiculous way that I looked to see if I could fix it. I fixed it.

Before on left, After on right:

This was just a quick edit, I'm probably gonna mess around with the numbers some more later (you can see my characters hair in the back is a bit too bright), but this is at least better than the default.

To apply this fix just go to your Fallout4.ini, find the [HairLighting] section and replace the values with these:

Code:
[HairLighting]
fHairPrimSpecScale=0.02
fHairPrimSpecPow=125.0 
fHairPrimSpecShift=0.36 
fHairSecSpecScale=0.0
fHairSecSpecPow=0.0 
fHairSecSpecShift=0.0

edit: Updated the values, seems it's best to just completely remove the secondary specular, in some areas it looks fine to have it, in others it just looks bad.

I've done some testing on my system and I've seen my fps drop by up to 5fps using my custom SweetFX preset. It just depends on what SweetFX preset you're using as most people use different combinations of effects, some have SMAA and others don't etc.

The one I tried had sweetfx stuff mixed in and it definitely hitches after using. I'll just stick with vanilla for now since I'm on an old system

oRuin

I do hope a mod comes out fixing the god awful inventory system. Can't find shit in it when I need it, and the sorting functions aren't exactly fantastic either.

This. I'm sure someone is probably working on it. Hopefully by the time I do a second play through something like this will be available.

Vitor711

Any news on a respec mod for PC? I don't want to add more points, just move around the ones I already have.

I hate RPGs that expect you to make major levelling decisions based on a 5-minute introduction that you're then forced to live with for 40 hours. 18 hours in and I know there's a bunch of stuff I wish I'd done different.

Shredderi

Not sure if anybody else noticed this yet, but they really fucked up the hair lighting. In some areas hair glows in such a ridiculous way that I looked to see if I could fix it. I fixed it.

Before on left, After on right:

This was just a quick edit, I'm probably gonna mess around with the numbers some more later (you can see my characters hair in the back is a bit too bright), but this is at least better than the default.

To apply this fix just go to your Fallout4.ini, find the [HairLighting] section and replace the values with these:

Code:
[HairLighting]
fHairPrimSpecScale=0.02 
fHairPrimSpecPow=125.0 
fHairPrimSpecShift=0.36 
fHairSecSpecScale=0.05
fHairSecSpecPow=40.0 
fHairSecSpecShift=-0.10

It baffles me that you, yes you, one man on neogaf can make something so basic look so much more better and natural than the whole collective team at bethesda softworks. Great job, it looks so much more better now. This will be the first modding I'm doing to this game.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe that is true.
I think it was one of those sites before the game released that had "guesses" of what perks did that made people think this perk exists. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't actually exist.

It baffles me that you, yes you, one man on neogaf can make something so basic look so much more better and natural than the whole collective team at bethesda softworks. Great job, it looks so much more better now. This will be the first modding I'm doing to this game.

Top Bottom