• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Grassy

What us the general consensus in boris's ENB for fallout 4? I can't really tell from the pictures if its any good, I was a fan of his grand theft auto ENB miss.

It's worth it just to remove the "fake" lighting around the characters, it also includes a framerate limiter and potential stuttering/stability fixes.

Not really a mod question, but does anyone know how to "heal" a companion that isn't technically injured?

Basically one of my companions was following me and fell off the cliff. There was no way I could get to her so I kept going figuring she would heal herself and spawn at my location eventually.

She did spawn...but was still in the "downed" state but I can't walk up to her and heal her, it just gives me the standard command/conversation prompts. So now when I go somewhere she doesn't follow as she's in her downed state animation so when I get far enough she'll spawn next to me in that same animation state.

aravuus

Not really a mod question, but does anyone know how to "heal" a companion that isn't technically injured?

Basically one of my companions was following me and fell off the cliff. There was no way I could get to her so I kept going figuring she would heal herself and spawn at my location eventually.

She did spawn...but was still in the "downed" state but I can't walk up to her and heal her, it just gives me the standard command/conversation prompts. So now when I go somewhere she doesn't follow as she's in her downed state animation so when I get far enough she'll spawn next to me in that same animation state.

Try bringing up the console, finding the follower's id by clicking them and writing
Code:
resurrect *id*

Still no crosshair mod? :/

What do you mean by crosshair mod?
You can turn it off via the in-game options. If you're talking about a mod that automatically turn crosshair on for combat only, and turn it off out of combat, there isn't any yet, yes. I'd love to use that mod as well.

IMACOMPUTA

What do you mean by crosshair mod?
You can turn it off via the in-game options. If you're talking about a mod that automatically turn crosshair on for combat only, and turn it off out of combat, there isn't any yet, yes. I'd love to use that mod as well.

A mod to make it so it isn't a giant-ass colored piece of shit, maybe?

That's what I want.

Ah, I see. Yeah that would be great.

Atom Bomb Baby
475-1-1447484535.jpg

Recruit any NPC as Follower

Radroach-B-Gone

I was trying to install the pipboyshadows mod and can't find the appdata folder. It's not where the install instructions say it should be. And ideas anybody?

Found it. Just did a search for %Appdata% and found it.

AU Tiger

Thanks. Fortunately the game fixed itself when I loaded it up today.

No need for the id. Stand over the body, bring up the console, click the dead body and just type resurrect. Clicking on them before you type tells the console to apply the command to whatever you clicked.

Works the same with locked doors, chests, terminals. Just click and type unlock. Be advised that it removes a lot of potential xp you would be getting from hacking and lock picking though.

pahamrick

To fix the carry weight resetting when entering power armor, don't use player.setav use player.modav.

Takes care of the issue.

RK9039

Asked this in the OT and it got buried.

Is there a mod or way to change the power armor hud opacity?

I don't think there's one like that at the moment, we only have really basic UI mods right now. There's a UI mod which removes the hud but you can have things like enemy health bars and loot menus still open, that's probably not what you're after though.

We'll get better ones eventually.

Prototype

I don't think there's one like that at the moment, we only have really basic UI mods right now. There's a UI mod which removes the hud but you can have things like enemy health bars and loot menus still open, that's probably not what you're after though.

We'll get better ones eventually.

Ya, I figured not much after seeing nothing come up via Google searches. It's not the end of the world by any means, but it's a little things that just bugs me every time I get into my power armor.

To fix the carry weight resetting when entering power armor, don't use player.setav use player.modav.

Takes care of the issue.

I see.
That's why I haven't encountered that 'weight keep resetting after entering power armor' issue. I used that command from the beginning.

You seriously still have to edit a file for FOV changes?

I will never understand why developers don't just universally have an option allowing us to change the FOV.

I'm not super sensitive to it, I just like higher FOVs but some people are super bothered by it. Seems like an important feature to have.

Vargavinter

I really need a mod that makes aiming down your sight a toggle and not having to hold down the stick to hold your breath. This hurts my wrist alot after playing for a few hours. :|

I will never understand why developers don't just universally have an option allowing us to change the FOV.

I'd absolutely agree that it's a great feature to have. In general though, I'd say it's about consistency - the developer's pursuit of having the same (intended) experience across all platforms.

A different FOV could also break some stuff, so it requires some additional QA-testing.

I'd absolutely agree that it's a great feature to have. In general though, I'd say it's about consistency - the developer's pursuit of having the same (intended) experience across all platforms.

A different FOV could also break some stuff, so it requires some additional QA-testing.

I get the consistency thing, but to me, the entire point of playing on PC is the wealth of customization.

Really seems like something important enough to make a priority.

Blizzard

Banned

I'm not super sensitive to it, I just like higher FOVs but some people are super bothered by it. Seems like an important feature to have.
It may hurt performance a bit to have a bigger FOV, which could be one of the reasons they didn't put it on a menu. Though of course for PC players wanting to customize, it would be nice.

lazygecko

It may hurt performance a bit to have a bigger FOV, which could be one of the reasons they didn't put it on a menu. Though of course for PC players wanting to customize, it would be nice.

After Zenimax Online had the courtesy of adding FoV options to Elder Scrolls Online (pretty sure it's there in the console version as well), there really is no excuse whatsoever for Bethesda at this point. It's shameful.

FOV affects FPS and culling mainly. So yeah, its a lot of additional QA testing that is "unnecessary"

Gamebryo doesn't work great with it is the main issue I think. You can see through walls a bit on certain higher FOV setting if you stand next to them at a certain angle. It's not huge, and in my opinion doesn't justify it since it's a setting that makes a world of difference for people like me who get motion sick from low FOV, but I can kind of see why they wouldn't want to implement it for that reason.

That being said, knowing Bethesda and most other developers, it would still need an ini tweak to go high enough anyways. I remember Bioshock Infinite had an FOV slider that barely did shit unless you INI edited it.

Top Bottom