• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

So I tried reinstalling the game. This time everything went fine while installing, but the game STILL freezes or runs at 1 FPS at some random points. Sometimes I´m just driving my jeep and it gets that way.

Any ideas? =/

Dibbz

Guys how do I get people to become really good buddies with me? Do I have to keep doing all of there missions? If there are no ticks near there names what does that mean? Will they not help me out when I'm on missions?

Just finished this (360, no sign of the save bug - in fact for me this has been one of the most stable open world games I've played).

Thought it went downhill a bit at the end.
Why did I have to fight all my buddies? Why did the Jackal assume I'd help him? WTF was the Jackal's motivation? Or mine?

Bit annoyed that there's a 'point of no return' at about 75% completion that closes off the side missions (and the associated achievements). If you're going to do that, at least give the player some sort of clue that they need to finish up the extraneous stuff.

Otherwise good though. If they continue the series, I'd like them to give some colour to the factions and characters. I generally neither knew nor cared who I was doing missions for most of the time.

Insane Metal said:
So I tried reinstalling the game. This time everything went fine while installing, but the game STILL freezes or runs at 1 FPS at some random points. Sometimes I´m just driving my jeep and it gets that way.

Any ideas? =/
? plz?

rareside

I'm about halfway through this game, and I REALLLLLY wish they'd have put neutral AI in the open environment.

It would be so much more immersive if you saw a bus or civilian driving around once in awhile.

Or maybe just random people hunting wildlife.

This could not have been that difficult to implement, could it?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
rareside said:
I'm about halfway through this game, and I REALLLLLY wish they'd have put neutral AI in the open environment.

It would be so much more immersive if you saw a bus or civilian driving around once in awhile.

Or maybe just random people hunting wildlife.

This could not have been that difficult to implement, could it?
Yeah dude. This game is too aggressive. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but I wish that not everyone outside of the big towns always tried to kill me on sight.

I've gotta stop doing these side missions and most of the buddy missions though. I mean, these guys are almost all assholes. I just killed a guy because he mugged one of my buddies. I mean, really? Because he mugged you? Fuck that. Also, I'm tired of doing all the dirty work for this asshole guns dealer too. And weird phone guy? I'm not going to be your hitman anymore either. Also not cool.

I'll just save most of those missions for a second playthrough or something.

Also: There should be lions and shit. That would be so badass.

Insane Metal said:

Any ideas? =/
JESUS CHRIST GUYS HELP ME FFS!!

:(

I´m loving the game so far, but it just gets unplayable sometimes...

I'm running it at high settings in a 4400+ X2, 4GB RAM DDR2 800, 9600GT and it freezes sometimes... mostly when the bad guys come with trucks or smthg like that... sometimes I'm just driving and it gets like 1FPS... I got the 180.xx forceware drivers (which are supposed to be the best for this game), already tried reinstalling it but nothing works...

220/221

And fuck me I don't know which square of the map it is in. I though I crossed them off as I went but I must have miscounted somewhere.

Nizz

VaLiancY said:
If the game didn't have subtitles, I would have been up shit creek without a paddle.
:lol :lol You're right on that! So, I think I'm at the southern part of the map because
I had a choice to help my one buddy I had left at Mike's Bar, or help the people at the church. I chose the church. Soon as I help seal the passageway the people at the church went through, I was bum-rushed by troops. Then I came to in the back of a jeep and I got tossed onto the road in the middle of a sandstorm. Really nice animations with the hands trying to keep the sand from my eyes! Seems like I'm helping a whole nother group of guys now...
So, am I at the southern map I guess? I'm so hooked on this game. ;)

Insane Metal said:
JESUS CHRIST GUYS HELP ME FFS!!

:(

I´m loving the game so far, but it just gets unplayable sometimes...

I'm running it at high settings in a 4400+ X2, 4GB RAM DDR2 800, 9600GT and it freezes sometimes... mostly when the bad guys come with trucks or smthg like that... sometimes I'm just driving and it gets like 1FPS... I got the 180.xx forceware drivers (which are supposed to be the best for this game), already tried reinstalling it but nothing works...

Clean install your OS. About the only way to be sure.

I had the freeze-load problem once so I reloaded an earlier save and played on. It's been about five hours since then and it hasn't resurfaced.

how do you get that "wages of conflict" trophie? i got all the diamond cases and still didnt get It? like is there something else i have to do?

Shake Appeal said:
220/221

And fuck me I don't know which square of the map it is in. I though I crossed them off as I went but I must have miscounted somewhere.
Can you switch between the two maps all the time once you are on the second one?

I'm 10hours in this game and the driving starts to annoy me :/ why are my targets always so far away?

But I love to play the game I like to. I use the MAC Minigun, the dragunov and the rocket launcher so far. Great fun :D

Ledsen

MasterCharged said:
how do you get that "wages of conflict" trophie? i got all the diamond cases and still didnt get It? like is there something else i have to do?

All the side missions that give you diamonds.

all the side missions? i did all the cell phones and those are the only ones that pays with diamonds. the rest simply give you medications, new weapons and reps. and beside the game says " through EXPLORATION or payment" i got all the exploration ones so what am i missing? did anybody get this trophie yet?

Nizz

Ledsen said:
So as the freeze on load-problem is now getting huge and tons of 360 players are getting it, we finally got an official response in the forum:

Ubisoft are aware of the Save game issue and we are currently collecting feedback from the community and we will update people once we have a solution.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=1521068375&m=5801028996&r=8881018107#8881018107
Aaarrrgghhh! It's happened to me man. PS3 version. I'm probably at around the 40% mark, I saved after a mission to help protect a barge, I saved after that mission, died a couple of minutes later, then when I go to load the last save.... It just stayed at the loading screen. I'm pissed, man. I had such goodwill towards the game till this happened...

*Edit* Ledsen, do you post on those boards? I tried to register with the site but it says my e-mail is already in use/registered with the co. I can't post the conditions for my situation there...

kitch9

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
Clean install your OS. About the only way to be sure.

Drop texture settings a notch, and fix the size of your page file to a fixed size instead of system managed size.

After that defrag the fuck out of your drive......

The first patch is avaiable now for the PC version of the game. Just start your game to start the Autopatch. It's around 40mb, dunno anything about the changes so far, I'm on loading.

edit:
Fixed Dolby 5.1 support for most sound cards.
- Fixed mission objectives marker after a loading a save game.
- Fixed for difficulty level not changing health when updated.
- Fixed Jackal Tapes and Partner Tapes pages.
- Fixed Field Manuals not unlocking after game mode change.
- Fixed glider key remapping.
- Fixed keyboard controls remapping in single mode that didn't carry into multiplayer mode.
- Prevent a buddy from getting stuck when healing him while receiving damages.
- Fixed stats of favorite weapon not properly reset between loaded save games.
- Fixed the mortar moving the player through wall.
- When creating a dedicated server with PunkBuster enabled then close it to create another but this time with PunkBuster disabled, PunkBuster will still be considered ON, on this new server.
- Display server's IP address in lobby, beside the match’s name (for direct IP join to work)
- Fixed a problem where a player could get stuck (and couldn’t get killed) after pressing the interaction key while wounded and getting rescued by a teammate at the same time.
- Fixed vehicles not being respawned if they were never used.
- A ranked match that is already started will not be listed in the match list.
- Fixed users not being able to see a match if the host switched match mode after a rank. Prevent the host from changing the server setting in a Ranked Match through the console.
- Fixed a glitch that could make a player invisible to another.
- Improved match start conditions. Ranked games can now also start if the player max is attained and everybody but the host is ready.
- Fixed if a user has too many user maps and tries to enter the map rotation menu in a Player or Ranked match, he would get disconnected.
- Fixed incorrect check for negative values when adjusting diamond count.
- Fixed a problem where a player would render through objects if healing a wounded playing while being wounded at the same time.
- Fixed players with same name by using identifiers instead of names.
- Always validate the diamond pool after class upgrades, reset or rank up to avoid getting more diamonds than the player is supposed to for his rank.
- Fixed reload not being interrupted on the host when a client picks a weapon while reloading.
- Fixed crash when creating a LAN game without a network cable.
- Fixed a random crash when joining a game.
- Fixed to make sure game is minimized in order to show the website when clicking on ubi.com
- Fixed crash in editor when deleting many objects in very rapid succession.
- Fixed crash in editor during parsing of the map headers.
- Fixed a random crash that could happen when pressing ESC to cancel a Benchmark run.
- Added CPU Intensive benchmark test run.
- Allow launching the Dedicated Server Launcher in command line.

Nizz

I hope the PS3 patch comes out soon. I had to stop playing this game altogether because of the save problem. :( My saves are too close to each other and I can't branch out to do another side mission. I'm stuck-ass....

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
So they fixed a bunch of stuff that are irrelevant to how I play FC2.

I'm so done with this game.

Wollan

Game is really great. Have some hours put into the console version now.
Overall I would put this, as a game, well over Crysis. Just exploring the landscapes is a huge joy to me, to see how it steadily transforms from jungle to swamp to savannah to desert. I really like the whole system of how everything is supposed to be lifelike (to a entertaining degree). Weapons vary in quality, fire that spreads (so great), blasts that actually blasts (buildings aside), healing wounds..etc. Landscape exploration and freedom to combat approach is the main attraction for me. I also believe Ubisoft did a very good job having the engine run well on consoles, I dont feel like Im missing out on fauna detail and so on.

Tr4nce

So this is very weird. It suddenly hit me: I don't enjoy playing this game anymore... I really don't know what happened. I still enjoy the vista's and the lighting but somehow I'm done with the game, and I haven't even completed it yet. I think that it bothers me a bit that there aren't any civilians around, or just other things to do. I think I'm going to sell this and try Fallout3 :(

VaLiancY

Tr4nce said:
So this is very weird. It suddenly hit me: I don't enjoy playing this game anymore... I really don't know what happened. I still enjoy the vista's and the lighting but somehow I'm done with the game, and I haven't even completed it yet. I think that it bothers me a bit that there aren't any civilians around, or just other things to do. I think I'm going to sell this and try Fallout3 :(

This hit me a second ago. I found out I'm doing the same missions over again, no variety, no story development, I feel no connection to the game or any of its characters. Unforently, I can't sell it and this $50 should've been spent on Crysis Warhead and Peggle Extreme. =\

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Yup, hence my comment a few posts up there.

The game started off as a disappointment, then I warmed up to it, and actually enjoyed myself, and even bought the 360 version to boot.

Then I had the realization like Valiancy that it was just the same inconsequential bullshit over and over again.

I'm returning the 360 version today for Valkyria Chronicles.

naughntown

Ok, i've scoured the interwebs and have not been able to find any cheat codes that you might plug into the additional content section or anything. I have finished the game and was hoping there were cheats to put in for unlimited ammo, weapon reliability, etc. so I can just run around and create mayhem.

Any help from the collective community out there???:D

Tr4nce said:

I think i've hit that point as well. Haven't played it in the last 3 days, despite having lots of free time. Might give it one more chance tonight but I'll probably send it back to gamefly tommorow.

In my case I enjoyed many of the missions but traveling around was just not that fun.

Nizz

chespace said:

The game started off as a disappointment, then I warmed up to it, and actually enjoyed myself, and even bought the 360 version to boot.

Then I had the realization like Valiancy that it was just the same inconsequential bullshit over and over again.

The Che-flop phenomenon?.... ;)

Nizz

chespace said:
Yes, and the che-flop is contagious to others when it comes to shitty games. :lol
:lol I want to keep playing through the game, but unfortunately, I ended up having that save glitch happen to me :( And the spot where I have my two saves at, it's difficult to get back to an earlier spot. So, I'm basically stuck till they get a patch out....

chespace said:
Yes, and the che-flop is contagious to others when it comes to shitty games. :lol

I hope you are not callig it shitty. If a game can keep your attention for around 10 hours its probably done more than fullfill the requirement of being a good game.

The major design change I would have made to the game is to be able to wipe out areas or have the player able to see areas he has wiped out being reinforced via chopper or trucks. Shooting either down slows the restock of men but of course the player cannot stop all reinforments across the map at the same time. It would add a Die Hard sort of feel to the proceedings.

mikeGFG

Banned
After watching the review on the 1UP Show I decided to give this game a try, and I have to say: Im ashamed of myself for not even hearing about this game before last week. It's the shit.

The gameplay and presentation is triple-A stuff, I'm just wondering how this gem went under my radar.

chespace said:

If you do the missions the same style each time... Boring as drift wood.

If you vary on how you play..... Fun as F***!

burgerdog

Tr4nce said:

Fallout 3 is a different type of beast, but as a game, overall, it is much better than FC2. Ever since playing FO3 my desire to play FC2 has vanished, the world is a lot more interesting and you find a lot of shit to do in it.

I just finished it.

The ending is... interesting.

I think I will now begin writing something lengthy about the game and its successes and failures the way I did with Bioshock. I want to get into doing a semi-regular gaming blog.

anddo0

burgerdog said:
Fallout 3 is a different type of beast, but as a game, overall, it is much better than FC2. Ever since playing FO3 my desire to play FC2 has vanished, the world is a lot more interesting and you find a lot of shit to do in it.

^This

Warm Machine said:
It is called stealth or another jeep with a mounted gun on it.
Is it even possible to avoid them without having to run through the bushes which takes forever? You can't drive there can you? At least that option hasn't seemed feasible to me most of the time, what with the trees and rocks and rather narrow passageways.

The only legit way of avoiding them as I see it is taking a bus. Or maybe you run into fewer patrol boats. But still, that these jeeps force you to play a certain way is dumb.

I always drive one of those MG jeeps, because you pretty much have to, but it doesn't stop jeeps from constantly appearing and shooting at me and annoying me and not letting me play the way I want to. When I want to fight people I will go do so you damn game. Let me check the map, think, explore, run and drive around in peace please.

It would be neat if Ubisoft were to release some software for unpacking their stupid files so maybe you could do something about this yourself.

VaLiancY

I just uninstalled it, I don't plan to play it again unless they drop a mega patch like something like Witcher's EE content patch. It was fun while it lasted but on the bright side, I did download Beyond Good and Evil today. :D

Eccocid said:
hey why everyone in game is talking uber fast?
its quite funny lol
Somebody told me it was so they could fit all of the audio on the 360 DVD since speaking twice as fast = half the required size... I hope they were joking :lol

Please don't hurt me

Top Bottom