• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

Cday

Banned
Everytime I play Far Cry 2 on DX10. I get weird colors that appear on mountains, trees, buildings etc. It doesn't happen on the initial load. It usually waits until I'm immersed in the vastness of the African savannah and then bam. Purple mountains everywhere.

I really rather not play it on DX9 because the aliasing is a lot worse.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

http://i35.tinypic.com/2drgioi.jpg

Y2Kev said:

I love the game too, even with the flaws. What I would fix if there's a sequel"

-Get rid of enemies respawning at checkpoints. I don't mind respawning of enemies, but make them appear randomly throughout the game's map.

-Stealth. Feels broken at times. Fix the problem. Make it easier to actually go into a village, etc., and use stealth to take out the enemies without alerting others.

-Missions. I'm only 20% into the game. I just got done killing this dude in a business suit while talking on his cell phone in some shack. This was an APR mission. Actually, a buddy called me up said if I took out the dude in the suit, he'd do the main mission for the APR for me. The mission wasn't that bad, but how varied are the missions in the game?

Oreoleo

Cday said:
Everytime I play Far Cry 2 on DX10. I get weird colors that appear on mountains, trees, buildings etc. It doesn't happen on the initial load. It usually waits until I'm immersed in the vastness of the African savannah and then bam. Purple mountains everywhere.

I really rather not play it on DX9 because the aliasing is a lot worse.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

http://i35.tinypic.com/2drgioi.jpg

Let me guess, you have an ATI card? Better get used to DX9 pretty fast.

Cday

Banned
Orellio said:
Let me guess, you have an ATI card? Better get used to DX9 pretty fast.

Crysis works fine on DX10. As does all my other games.

Driver issue then I suppose. That sucks since if I try turning on AA on DX9 to compensate. The trees have huge green blocks instead of leaves.

Oreoleo

Cday said:

Crysis works fine on DX10. As does all my other games.

Driver issue then I suppose. That sucks since if I try turning on AA on DX9 to compensate. The trees have huge green blocks instead of leaves.

It's a bug in the game. I don't know a whole lot about it since I have Nvidia but it's been an issue since launch and I wouldn't expect a fix for it anytime soon.

I got this on PS3 and what a fantastic game it is. I was leery at the beginning, because there was so much, but after getting into, and getting my AK/Uzi combo I am loving it.

Oreoleo

gamerecks said:
I got this on PS3 and what a fantastic game it is. I was leery at the beginning, because there was so much, but after getting into, and getting my AK/Uzi combo I am loving it.

Yeah, that's how the game goes:

>Eh, I don't really get what the big deal is
>>>Okay, this is pretty cool now that I've gotten into a little.
>>>>>UGH I am still doing the same shit I was 20 in-game hours ago. WTF Ubisoft.

And then you stop playing. But for that little bit in the middle the game is pretty awesome.

Cday

Banned
Orellio said:
It's a bug in the game. I don't know a whole lot about it since I have Nvidia but it's been an issue since launch and I wouldn't expect a fix for it anytime soon.

That's too bad.

I'll look into it. Maybe complain on the Ubisoft forum (lotta good that'll do). Thanks for the reply.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Having just recently gotten the PS3 version off Amazon, I now feel like I should've read more of this thread beforehand. These are among my exact complaints...

Sinn Fein said:
I'm playing on PS3. I've played for a good few hours now at least and I'm not really enjoying myself.

I've been struggling with the controls a lot. The default scheme that has sprint on L3 or whatever is awful ... I'm finding the aim control awful. The aiming is slow but has too much acceleration once you start to adjust your aim. I've actually turned the sensitivity down, but that makes it too slow

I've been trying to be a bit stealthy since fighting the enemies is really annoying. They take tons of bullets, or my gun is horribly inaccurate. They do a lot of damage and hit you pretty easily even from far away.

...with the aim acceleration being my biggest issue, as it would've been such a simple thing to fix but instead is largely responsible for making me want to throw the game out the window. I end up trying (and usually failing) to take out every single enemy from a long distance because anything close-up quickly results in flailing around wildly because the aim is so horrible and it's next to impossible to tell where you're being shot from thanks to everyone blending into the environment. Camouflage is fine but when you can't see where someone is from, like, ten feet away, you're dealing with an exercise in frustration.

Aside from being able to tag you perfectly from virtually any distance, the AI is stone cold stupid. I'm only a few hours into the game and can't count the number of times that an enemy will spot and engage me, and then just stop randomly to walk around (visibly confused) as though my character has vanished, without turning back to attack me until I fire directly at him. Far Cry: now with ADHD technology! Other times, most often at the guard posts, I'll take out everyone only to find one final guy just walking around or even manning a machine gun but acting like no one is there. The "stealth" is ridiculously flawed, as well, since it seems nice until you actually kill someone and the rest of the nearby enemies instantly, inexplicably know about it.

Not sure a out the 360 version, but on the PS3 there are horrendous v-sync/tearing issues that have been driving me crazy from minute one. Anyone know if they plan on patching this?

On a far less important note, the voice acting is so so so bad and sounds like someone's holding a fast-forward button with the way none of the dialog has any pauses in it. "Gototheoasistakeouttheirsuppliesandyou'llberewardedwehatetheseguysholyshit."

Mr.City

This is a really polarizing game. I go from enjoyment, to anger, to annoyance, and back to enjoyment. I think this is the type of game where everyone needs to find their way of playing it. For example, I hate straight-up firefights because the A.I. is dumb and can soak up an unreasonable number of bullets.

However, starting brush fires and sniping enemies from long distance while they run around in confusion is so satisfying.

I don't understand the complaint about the A.I.. :lol

When I first started the game, you're in the jungle. I got spotted and engaged in a fire fight. Sure the enemy hardly ever takes cover, but they're constantly ON THE MOVE. An enemy ended up right behind when I was too focused on the ones in front of me.

As for them spotting you, I have no problems sneaking my way through a checkpoint or guard post. Yes, the stealth is still flawed, but again, no problems sneaking by. Just crouch and quietly take the farthest path away from them.

Oh, and about the silenced pistol. It's effing HARD to get a head shot. It's frustrating to get the sight perfectly on the head.

hulot

Mr.City said:
This is a really polarizing game. I go from enjoyment, to anger, to annoyance, and back to enjoyment. I think this is the type of game where everyone needs to find their way of playing it. For example, I hate straight-up firefights because the A.I. is dumb and can soak up an unreasonable number of bullets.

However, starting brush fires and sniping enemies from long distance while they run around in confusion is so satisfying.
Exactly how I play. I almost hate this game but I still play it, and it can be oddly compelling at times; but then you're forced to either pull over or gun it when that random guy in a jeep or civilian car gets road rage upon seeing you. It's rather insane, the whole game world: guard posts everywhere that seem only to exist to bother me, maniacal drivers that follow you to the ends of the savanna, and of course the 'stealth' gameplay. But setting the plains on fire is what keeps me coming back, that and my kit of a sniper rifle, uzi, and flamethrower.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
-Missions. I'm only 20% into the game. I just got done killing this dude in a business suit while talking on his cell phone in some shack. This was an APR mission. Actually, a buddy called me up said if I took out the dude in the suit, he'd do the main mission for the APR for me. The mission wasn't that bad, but how varied are the missions in the game?
They're all pretty much the same from the beginning to the end, barring a few exceptions. Side-missions aren't all that different either sadly.

Cosmic Bus said:
Not sure a out the 360 version, but on the PS3 there are horrendous v-sync/tearing issues that have been driving me crazy from minute one. Anyone know if they plan on patching this?
There's screen-tearing in 360 version, but it isn't that apparent. Mostly happens in-doors or when you quickly turn the camera around in crowded area's.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's like every game since AC is polarizing. So quality is either going down, or going up. We'll find out in a year I guess?:p

Cruzader

Banned
Been playing online for a while(PS3) and I must admit thats its so out of balance. I litteraly shot a granade(handgun ver) plus a whole ass clip of my AK47 to this fool ....i still get killed!!!! FFFFFFKKKKKK
I Dont know why UBI invested so much into the realism of the game if it litteraly takes a whole clip to kill someone. No lie I shot a guy 3 times in the torso area(w/sniper!) and DIDNT DIE!!!WTF?!!!! I know headshot is insta kill but 3 sniper shots and ppl still live? really now.

Truant

endlessflood said:
There's an interview with Louis-Pierre Pharand (Far Cry 2 Producer) up at GameTrailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43687.html

He talks about the criticisms of the game including the respawning enemies at checkpoints.

At 1:22: "You can do what the fuck you want in our game... and that's great." :lol

I felt that he dodged that question. 'You're playing the game wrong!'.

But you just said I can play it however I want, Louis!

It is little disappointing about the technical issues with the re-spawning enemies and no SDK because of time (well that could have been shipped after the game), otherwise there was some good responses in that interview.

Feindflug

Any word on the patch for the 360 save breaking issues? I really want to play this game but I don't want to spend 20hrs and not be able to beat the game. :|

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, an nVidia 9800GTX+, 4 gigs of RAM, and am running Windows Vista Home 64-bit.

Will I be able to run this at 1680x1050 and get decent performance with max settings? Will I be able to afford some AA?

Cheers. I've been looking forward to playing this one.

TTG

endlessflood said:
There's an interview with Louis-Pierre Pharand (Far Cry 2 Producer) up at GameTrailers:

He talks about the criticisms of the game including the respawning enemies at checkpoints.

At 1:22: "You can do what the fuck you want in our game... and that's great." :lol

Cool interview(well more like a cool ad for the game), but that's not the creative director behind Far Cry 2. That would be Clint Hocking. I don't know what his role was on the project, but I'd much rather hear a post mortem style interview from Clint.

Cday

Banned
Rez>You said:
I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, an nVidia 9800GTX+, 4 gigs of RAM, and am running Windows Vista Home 64-bit.

Will I be able to run this at 1680x1050 and get decent performance with max settings? Will I be able to afford some AA?

Cheers. I've been looking forward to playing this one.

You'll get 30-40 fps average with 2XAA. You won't need anymore than 2x as long as you play on DX10.

I recommend that you cap the framerate though. If you don't, you'll notice a lot of stuttering when driving.

To cap it, open the console with the ~ key. Then type gfx_MaxFps 35

That would cap it at 35 but you can change it to whatever you want.

TTG said:
Cool interview(well more like a cool ad for the game), but that's not the creative director behind Far Cry 2. That would be Clint Hocking. I don't know what his role was on the project, but I'd much rather hear a post mortem style interview from Clint.

Wonder no more ;)

endlessflood said:

Ledsen

Feindflug said:
Any word on the patch for the 360 save breaking issues? I really want to play this game but I don't want to spend 20hrs and not be able to beat the game. :|

All they've said is "we're working on a title update", the fucking pricks.

Raide

Far Cry 2: PC 1.02 Patch

Just a heads up for the PC gamers out there.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/8421020517

General

- Added triple-header support to the game.
- A widescreen option has been added and can be enabled in the display options menu.
- Fixed certain characters that weren't allowed during profile creation (- . _ ,)

Multiplayer

Game options

- In ranked matches, players can now play more than one match on the same host.
- Fixed the direct join by IP functionality.
- Players can now filter the server list using different parameters (ping, PunkBuster, game mode, dedicated, server name, number of players, ranked/unranked).
- It is now possible to conduct a multiplayer match search from the map leader board.
- Added the minimum number of players in the host options.
- Added the player's death count in the scoreboard.
- The host can now set the respawn time in advanced options, for player matches only.
- The host can now set the starting rank of all players in the match, in advanced options, for player matches only.
- The ping system has been improved to display a more accurate result.
- It is now possible to add a clan name to the player’s name through the use_clan_tag console command.
- Added quickmatch to the map download screen.

Gameplay

- The VIP is shown on the scoreboard, for your team only.
- The scoreboard is now displayed by the highest XP points to the lowest.
- The IEDs are now destructible by shooting on them or throwing a grenade close to them.
- The distance from a wounded teammate is now displayed.

Ranger X

Ok. Just got my FarCry2 PS3 copy.

I'm only interested in map making. I would like to dress up the typical FarCry2 online player portrait to guide me.
Could you guys give me your comments? (like what are the most commonly used weapons and why, What are the great particularities of the maps you like and wich bad players behavior can be blocked by level design particularities)

Or would this warrant a new thread?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
endlessflood said:

:lol :lol

That video is awesome. I think its hilarious that he basically blames other people for the fact that they didn't like it. "Yeah, we got 7's, but those reviewers didn't play the game right." "Yeah, some people didn't like the respawning NPCs, but if they play the game right they'll learn to enjoy it."

If I didn't agree I probably would take offense to it. :D

Guy Legend

I'm playing through this right now on the PS3. The graphics and environment are awesome. Enjoying it a lot, though the controls take some getting used to. I would have preferred a more COD4 type of feel, which is basically the standard for fps controls.

Quarbani Singh ftw.

Its a pretty funny video because it is pretty honest. I actually applaud the guy for sticking by the team and the design decisions. You can disagree with the guy but at least he has conviction.

I'd rather have this extreme than a guy who is cool with watering down or beating the life out of the design.

That said, there is a intrinsic problem with the checkpoints in the game. They needed action outside of the main missions people could just get to. If you wiped these things out and it took them longer to respawn then you couldn't find the easy action or couldn't rely upon it. There are lots of ways to get around that like don't respawn until after a mission is complete, rip off Mercenaries faction system with being able to blend in and drive past them. Constantly have the mission rotation leading you down roads you were not just on 10 minutes ago.

I don't think they really had time to complete the full game design and make use of all that they had to the best of their abilities. Instead it looks like they got their missions in at a 50% level and kept it there.

What I think they nailed however is the satisfaction in the shooting, the physics and fire, the living breathing combat world, and the sense of freedom even though it is a false one when distilled.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Just finished the game.

Took 30 hours, did all convoys, all radio towers, all resistance missions.

No save deleting bug! Yay! (360, if you're wondering)

Not many thoughts on the ending

Boo at all my friends trying to kill me. I guess I back stabbed my fair share of coworkers, but me and Floria had like a 15 point history! Seemed a little contrived that all my friends would team up and kill me :(

I really liked the ending scene, with the Journalist taking the photo of like a babillion civilians that I saved. I may not have killed the Jackal (do I sense a Far Cry ...3... 2.5... whatever) but I did even better than what I set out to do.

Jackal told me to shoot myself when I left Africa. Yeah, fat chance asshole.

But seriously, this game is fucking incredible. I've never really played anything quite like it, so free, yet engaging - so immersive, so graphically georgous, so much fun.

I hated watching that video of JP, it seemed like he was really heartbroken by some of the reviews, but I mean, this game really spoke to me. It did it for me and I have never played something like this before.

I feel that I really have been living in Africa for a month, and its very refreshing to be out of that mindset, to be finally back home. (that wasn't a spoiler or anything, I mean me personally to be back home, FC2 has created the most realistic world ever).

How much has Far Cry 2 sold so far? Does a sequel bold well?

Anyway, I did a mission for a buddy where you had to take out this dude on his cell phone. It was night, so I crouched hidden in the brushes. Once a guard started to make his way around the shacks, I quickly ran up with my silencer drawn out and capped the dude in the head, then quickly running back out into the field. It was pretty satsifying.

I've learned something about the game. When it comes to stealth, you can't go in thinking you can take out EVERY guard quietly. If you run into one or two guards that are in your way, then fine. Take them out. In general, it's best to sneak your through a mission without being spotted.

Sooo uhhh, did anybody else hear Ubisoft apparently patched the PC version of the game today to have widescreen support? (yes i know the community did this long ago)

They haven't mentioned anything about the 360 version of the game so i doubt they are doing anything about it. WTF Ubisoft, do you not think any console players have widescreen HDTV's? I will gladly pick this game up again if they patched widescreen support for the 360 version. Instead they are more focused on dishing out premium DLC. /rant

Cruzader

Banned
BakedPigeon said:
Sooo uhhh, did anybody else hear Ubisoft apparently patched the PC version of the game today to have widescreen support? (yes i know the community did this long ago)

They haven't mentioned anything about the 360 version of the game so i doubt they are doing anything about it. WTF Ubisoft, do you not think any console players have widescreen HDTV's? I will gladly pick this game up again if they patched widescreen support for the 360 version. Instead they are more focused on dishing out premium DLC. /rant

I dont have an HDTV but whats the issue and is it on the PS3 version? Arent 720P games widescreen enabled?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Jason's Ultimatum said:
How much has Far Cry 2 sold so far? Does a sequel bold well?

Anyway, I did a mission for a buddy where you had to take out this dude on his cell phone. It was night, so I crouched hidden in the brushes. Once a guard started to make his way around the shacks, I quickly ran up with my silencer drawn out and capped the dude in the head, then quickly running back out into the field. It was pretty satsifying.

I've learned something about the game. When it comes to stealth, you can't go in thinking you can take out EVERY guard quietly. If you run into one or two guards that are in your way, then fine. Take them out. In general, it's best to sneak your through a mission without being spotted.
This game needs a sequel so bad. There are a ton of great ideas and the whole game is well polished, its just that some of the ideas just weren't that good. A lot of gameplay tweaking, a new setting (south-eastern asia maybe?), and less repetition would all be welcome and make for an awesome game. Far Cry 2 is so uniquely satisfying that I'd hate to see the new direction die here. I think its doing pretty decently though, luckily.

Dude, that's definitely one of the keys to stealth. Do your missions at night, in the brush, and don't try to take everyone out. You can sneak by people pretty easily. When you take someone out with a silenced weapon make sure you do it from far enough away that you can easily hide incase someone is aware that you just shot his best friend in the face. That way even if they look around for you they usually don't see you.

BakedPigeon said:

I know what you mean, it can't be too difficult to patch it on consoles if they've already sorted out the PC version, right?

Anyway, I absolutely love this game.

I've got to agree with the producer. I always think it's silly to say that people are playing a game "wrong", but I think there is some validity to that statement in this case. I have played the game for almost 18 hours and I can honestly say I have never (yes, that means not once) encountered a respawning checkpoint. While the producer is right that you can "do whatever the fuck you want," that doesn't mean there aren't rules in the game world, just like in real life. Technically you can do whatever you want out in the real world, but there will be consequences that you'll learn rather quickly. In this game you need to learn the game rules and "live" by them. People are so used to a linear set of game rules that they've learned from the majority of shooters, and like he said, if you try to apply that in this game you won't have fun. For me I picked up what they were trying to do immediately, I guess others don't see it that way.

Meh. All I know is I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I just got to
the Southern section of the map. Wow. I had no idea the game was this large :lol .
Right now I think it's my GOTY.

Cruzader said:
I dont have an HDTV but whats the issue and is it on the PS3 version? Arent 720P games widescreen enabled?

When you are playing the game on a widescreen TV or Monitor, instead of showing what you would see on a normal screen plus more on the sides since you have a widescreen Ubisoft decided to actually cut off a little bit from the top and bottom of the screen so it would appear to look widescreen.

Basically instead of adding more view to the screen you are looking at even less of the game if you own a widescreen tv.

It is the same problem bioshock had, but atleast 2k patched it quickly, even the 360 version.

TheLegendary said:
I've got to agree with the producer. I always think it's silly to say that people are playing a game "wrong", but I think there is some validity to that statement in this case. I have played the game for almost 18 hours and I can honestly say I have never (yes, that means not once) encountered a respawning checkpoint.

How can that be though? If you get a certain distance away from a checkpoint / scout camp they will automatically respawn. I don't see how it is possible you have not come aross a respawning checkpoint.

Nizz

Guy Legend said:
I'm playing through this right now on the PS3. The graphics and environment are awesome. Enjoying it a lot, though the controls take some getting used to. I would have preferred a more COD4 type of feel, which is basically the standard for fps controls.

Quarbani Singh ftw.
You mean the dead zone in the sticks? If you're talking about that, I agree. It has the same setup as COD4: circle to crouch, square to reload, left stick to sprint, R1 to shoot, etc... Yeah, it doesn't feel quite the same as COD4 or even Resistance where as soon as you push the right stick to look, you immediately turn to that direction. Whereas with FC2, you have to push the stick a little further till the movement seems to register, imo. And then the acceleration kicks in really fast. It seems like a slight lag at first, then all of a sudden it's like super fast. I wish you could have adjusted the sensitivity for horizontal and vertical sensitivity. I feel it would have helped. But once I adjusted, I was fine with the game. I also finished the game a couple of days ago. Sort of felt anti-climactic.
you pretty much bite the bullet. You and The Jackal, whom you've been chasing the whole game, now are the ones bringing closure to the conflict. I thought I would be catching a plane with a case full of diamonds, boy was I wrong!
Fun game though. I think I'll play through it at a later time again, maybe go through it with the DLC.

BakedPigeon said:
How can that be though? If you get a certain distance away from a checkpoint / scout camp they will automatically respawn. I don't see how it is possible you have not come aross a respawning checkpoint.

I'm sure they've respawned...but I've never gone back to one immediately after I clear it. And most of the time I avoid the checkpoints completely. I'm not sure exactly how you guys are playing but why would you return in the direction you came so quickly that it's even an issue? If you guys are rushing from objective to objective no wonder you think the game is broken.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
BakedPigeon said:

He means that he has never traversed back to a checkpoint in a short enough period of time for it to be impossible for that scout camp to be replaced with new soldiers.

It only happened to me like three times in a 30 hour playthrough.

If they went away for good, the world would be barren and boring. I do think it should take an in-game 24 hours for them to respawn though.

McBacon said:
He means that he has never traversed back to a checkpoint in a short enough period of time for it to be impossible for that scout camp to be replaced with new soldiers.

It only happened to me like three times in a 30 hour playthrough.

If they went away for good, the world would be barren and boring. I do think it should take an in-game 24 hours for them to respawn though.

Exactly. Most of the issues that some are complaining about seem like "natural" things that would occur in this world. Maybe people aren't aware (I happen to be an expert :D), but a lot of sections of Africa are in constant conflict. It seems "natural" to me that a truck would be patroling the roads and fire on anyone that they come across. It seems "natural" to me that factions would resupply checkpoints if their soldiers were killed. Perhaps they do it too quickly, but as I said I'm still somewhat confused as to how it is such a serious issue to some of you and why you're immediately returning to a checkpoint.

Everything in this world is a temporary resolution of conflict, as it is in real life. One faction may gain control of an area but you can bet that another faction will fight back for it shortly. When you're going through the world, you're on your own. If you think about it that way you really don't have a big impact on the world. If you kill some people there are more to take their place. I don't want to get into symbolism or deeper meanings or whatever, but it's sort of a message that you can't change things on your own. Your donations for the poor kid you see in commercials living in a warring section of Africa won't do squat. Even if you have good intentions it takes a lot of power to make real change. I haven't finished yet (only 55%) but I think it's clear that the Jackal
is trying to do just that, except of course he has a lot of money, supplies, and is "using" the people to do it.
Maybe I'm wrong though and thinking too much into it.

Truant

So, why are The Beatles called the Beatles? I demand that they are to be called The Beetles! Apple better patch this band, or I am going insane in my basement.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
gamerecks said:
If I end up in act 2 without doing all the side missions in act 1, can I go back to the Act 1 area to do it? Or is the whole game on the same map?

You can just drive back up.

Merino

BakedPigeon said:
When you are playing the game on a widescreen TV or Monitor, instead of showing what you would see on a normal screen plus more on the sides since you have a widescreen Ubisoft decided to actually cut off a little bit from the top and bottom of the screen so it would appear to look widescreen.

Basically instead of adding more view to the screen you are looking at even less of the game if you own a widescreen tv.

It is the same problem bioshock had, but atleast 2k patched it quickly, even the 360 version.

I had never actually heard of this point untill now but this is the exact thing (aside from the game just being mehh amongst numeral better purchases of late) that has kept me from playing the game after booting it up for a initial play of a couple hours.

It just looked so completely weird on a widescreen tv. Like it wasn't widescreen at all.
And now reading your comment just completely confirms those suspicions.

Somehow it just looks completely off...

Merino said:
I had never actually heard of this point untill now but this is the exact thing (aside from the game just being mehh amongst numeral better purchases of late) that has kept me from playing the game after booting it up for a initial play of a couple hours.

It just looked so completely weird on a widescreen tv. Like it wasn't widescreen at all.
And now reading your comment just completely confirms those suspicions.

Somehow it just looks completely off...

Yep its not just your imagination, widescreen support for the game is indeed gimped and your not getting the experience you should be. Like I said Ubisoft released a patch today for the PC version to fix this but they have not said anything about a ps3 or 360 patch. So once again I have to ask the question, WTF ubisoft?

Top Bottom