• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
One of the major problems with good game writing is that you either have to invent pretentious, wanky terms like that to describe the respects in which narrative is unique in gaming and can be explored in novel and intrinsically 'gamey' ways, or you have to write sentences like this one.

But isn't that what makes Far Cry 2's narrative interesting? The main story itself is pretty perfunctory stuff, moving you from point A to B, but it's the gameplay narrative that is breaking new ground - the story that you are essentially playing through as you move through the environment, make contact with buddies, maybe even losing some of them in the fights. I think it's this emergent type of narrative that 'ludonarrative' refers to, other than the rather bolted-on story elements (and that's mostly true of gaming in general).

Oh I agree, I was just responding to McBacon saying it was a pretentious, wankery word. Which is it. But pretentious, wankery words are going to be increasingly necessary as games (and game designers, and game reviewers) get smarter, and in doing so become more worthy of intense discussion and debate.

I'm five hours in and this game definitely got into my head.

I've devised so many interesting ways to wipe out camps. I feel constant tension when I play this game too. Even when roaming. I like that a lot.

If they made the respawns take 1-2 game days though, this game would be a 9/10 for me. As it stands, its' an 8-8.5. That's a major flaw that I hope get's addressed in the patch. Even though it's not a "bug" persay, it is such a major flaw that it should be altered. Definitely.

Haven't tried the user maps, but the map editor is so easy to use that I'm actually excited about it!

Never have I seen such an intuitive tool on a console to make interesting FPS maps with.

Dabanton

ALaz502 said:
I'm five hours in and this game definitely got into my head.

I've devised so many interesting ways to wipe out camps. I feel constant tension when I play this game too. Even when roaming. I like that a lot.

If they made the respawns take 1-2 game days though, this game would be a 9/10 for me. As it stands, its' an 8-8.5. That's a major flaw that I hope get's addressed in the patch. Even though it's not a "bug" persay, it is such a major flaw that it should be altered. Definitely.

Was just about to post to complain about that exact issue instantly respwaning camps is just annoying, the game is great but as usual ubi have released something before it was ready, from the speeded up voices which must be a bug check out the pre release trailer where the characters are speaking at a proper speed, to the fact that once you fire a single shot no matter the distance, every soldier in the camp knows exactly where you are.

A patch will hopefully fix a few things...

Ledsen

JB1981 said:
Yo dude, can you tell me what this means? I'm 31% thru the game (loving it so far) and I have no idea what or where this shed is. I would love some new, free weapons! Help me, dawg. :D

Great post, btw

Sorry about getting you excited there. When I mentioned "new" weapons, what I meant was weapons in mint condition, ie they don't jam. Surprisingly, many people seem to miss this. Oh, and thanks :)

JB1981 said:
Also, how come I never see the weapons dealer in the store anymore? When do I have to go there again? Is it when I have NO other active missions?

You have to wait until you get to the second map, then he'll appear again.

Dabanton

RiverBed said:
how's the map editor and the user-created maps out there?

A few good ones again for such a simple thing i'm amazed at how good you can get your maps at the moment i'm trying to finish off an indiana Jones inspired level with a fort based high up on a mountain over a long bridge and with a long fall down to the river.

Egg Shen

This isn't meant as any kind of flame, but I felt that I should share my own experiences with the game along with everyone else and Ledsen's excellent post stating why he likes it seemed like a good foundation to start from.

Ledsen said:
I'll copy-paste my post from another thread here; I'd be interested in your view on the things I love about this game. The post is an answer to a guy who had only played a few hours and wondered if it would get better, which is the reason for the first paragraph.

You don't get the Dart Gun until several hours in. You probably don't understand the gameplay, you get frustrated by checkpoints, you probably don't use the boats. You still don't know that the Malaria is totally unimportant and gets less and less frequent the more you play. You don't have any weapon upgrades, you don't have the best weapons, maybe you don't understand that you can get new weapons for free at the weaons shed etc. All of these things make a huge difference. You won't "get" the game until you've played for a while. Maybe you never will "get" it, but if you don't give it a chance you'll never know. Read on.

So, why do I love Far Cry 2? First of all, The atmosphere. Far Cry 2 is the most atmospheric game ever made, and probably the most graphically impressive game I've seen this gen as well. Even after 25 hours (when the bug got me and I had to stop playing) I was still awestruck every time I started the game and stepped out into the land- and soundscape of the African savannah. It's just that incredible. I feel like I'm actually there in the jungle, fighting for my life. The trees are swaying in the wind, the foliage rustles and bends as I pass, and the lighting... I don't think I really have to say anything about it if you've played the game. Driving my jeep around at 5-6 in the morning with sunlight streaming through the trees... just wow. I can literally spend hours just walking around, mouth agape, marvelling at the world UbiSoft have created. Most people complain about having to drive everywhere. Well, I love it, because of the atmosphere. You're supposed to be slow and methodical, enjoying and immersing yourself in the world. Don't rush. Also, there are five bus stops, one in each corner and one in the centre, this is enough to make each trip to a mission only a few minutes long.

The atmosphere is probably my number one reason for loving this game, as you may have surmised. The other is the freedom. There are so many ways to do the different missions that they never, ever, get old.
I will agree that such options exist, but in my experience, they act only as precursors to the ground battle that inevitably nearly every encounter boils down to. You can't be Sam Fisher and assassinate your mark silently without calling down the praetorian guard. The AI tends to Rambo its way to the player so that a sniper crouched and hidden some yards away becomes victim to a car that rides up to them before disgorging its cargo of clone soldiers.

Much of the travel forces the player into ranging across the savannah and in advertising this big, huge world that Ubisoft has put together. But not everyone will want to play tourist. Not everyone will want to stare at the graphics for several hours before actually doing something. This is an element of the gameplay that failed to hold my attention after so long and became a bothersome exercise.

Ledsen said:
Will you go in guns blazing, running them over with your jeep, throwing grenades around you indiscriminately and hoping they won't have time to react until it's too late? Will you bombard them from afar with rockets and sniper shots before you mop up the survivors? Will you don your stealth suit, wait until night and pick them off with the Dart Gun (you can't get this until a few hours in), never alerting an enemy to your presence and hearing them mutter panicked prayers (yes, they do this) before you swoop down on them like a ghost from the darkness? Will you start fires with your Molotovs and your Flamethrower, causing them to panic and run around confused while you close in with your assault rifle, picking them off one by one? Will you sneak around them, hoping they won't notice you as you crawl through the undergrowth? If you're on a mission, will you sneak through the enemy camp, adrenaline pumping, to reach and kill your target as fast as possible, after which you run for your life, stealing a jeep and racing out of there without taking any more lives? All of these are viable tactics that you can use, and I only mentioned the ones I could come up with on the spot. You can stick to one of them, mix and match or just improvise.
I felt that the options gloss over the fact that most firefights descend into open warfare thanks to the all-seeing AI which is quite good at picking up where the shots had come from. I played through the whole game as you did and by the time I reached the twenty hour mark, I was growing sick of its omnipotence or how one-sided the world was in trying to kill me, working against the idea that there was a civil war out there. When I got the grenade launcher attachment for my jeep, I'd saturate every mission zone before moving in. I did the same thing with checkpoints because by that point, the firefights were getting repetitive and I was losing interest. Why try anything else knowing how the AI would eventually boil the fight down to?

Ledsen said:
Also, to adress the complaints: Yes, the checkpoints do suck sometimes, but you can avoid them. Only the center of the map has thick jungle, and in many other cases you can go around, either in a vehicle or on foot (which, again, gives you time to enjoy the atmosphere, look for diamonds, etc). You can use a boat, which many people seem to forget. Boats are fast, fun and give you an easy way to avoid jeeps and checkpoints. You can also drive past them in a normal car or sometimes in a jeep if you're good enough.

The enemy AI. Yes, they have hawk x-ray eyes and laser precision, which sucks, I admit. This is one of the few things I would like to change. It gets much better when you get the stealth suit (which allows you to remain unseen when stationary and crouching) and the Dart Gun (a silenced sniper rifle which is, like, totally rad, dude). Personally I enjoy the emergent gameplay so much that the AI seldom bothers me.
But the rivers don't go everywhere. They made themselves a decent alternative but only in the second half of the game for me.

Most land-based mission objectives were more easily reachable by roads, unfortunately peppered with checkpoints. Heading out into the jungle on foot is certainly an option, but not one I explored often since traveling off of the beaten path offered little else aside from
a gold AK
and diamond briefcases. Emerging on the other side without a vehicle only worked to make me realize how much more walking was required. And that's the thing...I want to DO something, not be forced into staring at the gorgeous backdrop simply because it's there. I'd feel more nervous if there were wildlife in the game looking to eat me, or if there was a chance I'd fall into an underground drug lab.

This is supposed to be a country torn apart by civil strife, two factions fighting each other while pretending to protect the people. Yet they will only fight you? They'll fight each other but only when scripted. A tenuous peace holds within each major city, but what about out in the wild? I've only seen one or two instances where members of one faction accidentally ran into someone else, and that was because those guys were trying to chase ME down. I also thought it was too convenient an excuse that both sides will give you a mission while always saying that their forces will also shoot you on sight.

Then there's the face-to-face with your buddies after completing a mission. They have cell phones just like you do. They even use them to contact you when they want to subvert a mission. But conveniently, they lose signal after you travel halfway across the landscape to find their lost papers, briefcase, or kill someone that has angered them, forcing me to travel back and Groundhog Day my way through more checkpoints and patrols.

The best is when a random mercenary rides up to your jeep in a car and actually takes the time to get out and shoot you. Really? The mounted machine gun or grenade launcher isn't enough of a reason to NOT do that? After so many of these, it felt as if I were watching a pre-packaged tragedy on four wheels unfold in every encounter.

I also had little choice in who I wanted my best buddy to be. Using another example from my playthrough, Singh was the first buddy I rescued and supposedly my 'best' one with the secondary as backup. In one particularly nasty gun fight, Marty Alencar rescued me and became my best buddy...which is all well and good...but I thought that my choice of Josip Indromeno would want to work with another veteran like Singh. But because of the way the game ranks your buddies (it was my turn to rescue him when he was in trouble after getting my arse out of the fire), Marty took the lead relegating Singh to backup rescuer and taking him out of the loop since he never returns to the bar. I can't call him up on my cell phone and say 'hey, let's do a mission together?'. The only solution that I could see was to 'Die' often enough to get him back into the running, but that's not an efficient option nor very believable.

Ledsen said:
So to sum up: The atmosphere and the emergent gameplay, which you will develop over time as you get more weapons and skills, triumph over the annoyances, which you will also learn to avoid and handle much better the longer you play. The good parts get better, the bad parts get less bad. This is why I love Far Cry 2 :)[/I]
I had something of the opposite experience. After finishing the game, and appreciating the well deserved ending, it was more out of relief that I was done with it than out of a sense that this was a prime example of emergent gameplay. I still had fun with it despite how negative I sound above, but I thought that the flaws outweigh what it excels with.

Ledsen

Excellent post!

Egg Shen said:
This isn't meant as any kind of flame, but I felt that I should share my own experiences with the game along with everyone else and Ledsen's excellent post stating why he likes it seemed like a good foundation to start from.

I will agree that such options exist, but in my experience, they act only as precursors to the ground battle that inevitably nearly every encounter boils down to. You can't be Sam Fisher and assassinate your mark silently without calling down the praetorian guard. The AI tends to Rambo its way to the player so that a sniper crouched and hidden some yards away becomes victim to a car that rides up to them before disgorging its cargo of clone soldiers.

Much of the travel forces the player into ranging across the savannah and in advertising this big, huge world that Ubisoft has put together. But not everyone will want to play tourist. Not everyone will want to stare at the graphics for several hours before actually doing something. This is an element of the gameplay that failed to hold my attention after so long and became a bothersome exercise.

Well, you can actually do a mission using stealth, but it requires both the camo suit and the Dart Gun. I do agree that the omniscient AI makes it very difficult to do, but it is possible. It does suck that the only sniper rifle that allows you to actually approach your mission like a real sniper is said Dart Gun, and that you only get the ammo upgrade for it in the second half. Another option is approaching your target without killing anyone, then fleeing quickly. This is also possible to do without being seen at all (since they can't hear you if you don't shoot), and it's given me quite a few pulse-pounding moments.

You're right in saying that not everyone will like the frequent travel, or be as impressed with the world as I am. I do however feel that using a combination of buses/boats/cars and cleverly avoiding checkpoints, travel doesn't have to take up a huge chunk of your playing time. The only way I see that it could be lowered further would be by introducing a fast travel system a la Fallout 3. Personally I think that would ruin the atomsphere and I think that UbiSoft made the right choice here. Obviously many people disagree.

Egg Shen said:
I felt that the options gloss over the fact that most firefights descend into open warfare thanks to the all-seeing AI which is quite good at picking up where the shots had come from. I played through the whole game as you did and by the time I reached the twenty hour mark, I was growing sick of its omnipotence or how one-sided the world was in trying to kill me, working against the idea that there was a civil war out there. When I got the grenade launcher attachment for my jeep, I'd saturate every mission zone before moving in. I did the same thing with checkpoints because by that point, the firefights were getting repetitive and I was losing interest. Why try anything else knowing how the AI would eventually boil the fight down to?

I disagree here. Like I stated above, using the Dart Gun and camo suit you can remain unseen even after firing. All the other strategies I posted are viable, but not always the quickest way to clear an area. However, always using the most effective method makes for quite a boring experience, and I can understand why you would lose interest. What I do is change my weapons load out on a regular basis. Sometimes I carry lots of explosives and close combat weapons, sometimes I go mid-range with assault rifles, and sometimes I get the Dart Gun and stealth my way through. Even if the AI behaves similarly most of the time (except when you use the Dart Gun or when you confuse them with fire), my weapons would require me to approach each encounter differently. Maybe I would gain a minute or two by just doing the same thing every time, but like you I would probably get very bored. I didn't actually know you could get a grenade upgrade for the jeep since I haven't upgraded vehicles at all :)

Egg Shen said:
But the rivers don't go everywhere. They made themselves a decent alternative but only in the second half of the game for me.

Most land-based mission objectives were more easily reachable by roads, unfortunately peppered with checkpoints. Heading out into the jungle on foot is certainly an option, but not one I explored often since traveling off of the beaten path offered little else aside from
a gold AK
and diamond briefcases. Emerging on the other side without a vehicle only worked to make me realize how much more walking was required. And that's the thing...I want to DO something, not be forced into staring at the gorgeous backdrop simply because it's there. I'd feel more nervous if there were wildlife in the game looking to eat me, or if there was a chance I'd fall into an underground drug lab.

More wildlife would indeed be awesome, as would unmarked side missions and unique encounters like in Fallout 3. If only they'd had more time...
As for the rivers, well, there are many checkpoints close to rivers, where you can quickly get a vehicle. You'll probably be a lot closer to your objective than before and you've avoided most checkpoints along the way. I'd say they accomplish their purpose, but of course sometimes land travel will be a better alternative.

Egg Shen said:
This is supposed to be a country torn apart by civil strife, two factions fighting each other while pretending to protect the people. Yet they will only fight you? They'll fight each other but only when scripted. A tenuous peace holds within each major city, but what about out in the wild? I've only seen one or two instances where members of one faction accidentally ran into someone else, and that was because those guys were trying to chase ME down. I also thought it was too convenient an excuse that both sides will give you a mission while always saying that their forces will also shoot you on sight.

True. Another area where lack of time probably reared its ugly head. A more fleshed-out faction system would've made the game even better, but it's not a game breaker for me. Rather than "This makes the game bad" what I think is "This could've made a great game even greater".

Egg Shen said:
Then there's the face-to-face with your buddies after completing a mission. They have cell phones just like you do. They even use them to contact you when they want to subvert a mission. But conveniently, they lose signal after you travel halfway across the landscape to find their lost papers, briefcase, or kill someone that has angered them, forcing me to travel back and Groundhog Day my way through more checkpoints and patrols.

The best is when a random mercenary rides up to your jeep in a car and actually takes the time to get out and shoot you. Really? The mounted machine gun or grenade launcher isn't enough of a reason to NOT do that? After so many of these, it felt as if I were watching a pre-packaged tragedy on four wheels unfold in every encounter.

I also had little choice in who I wanted my best buddy to be. Using another example from my playthrough, Singh was the first buddy I rescued and supposedly my 'best' one with the secondary as backup. In one particularly nasty gun fight, Marty Alencar rescued me and became my best buddy...which is all well and good...but I thought that my choice of Josip Indromeno would want to work with another veteran like Singh. But because of the way the game ranks your buddies (it was my turn to rescue him when he was in trouble after getting my arse out of the fire), Marty took the lead relegating Singh to backup rescuer and taking him out of the loop since he never returns to the bar. I can't call him up on my cell phone and say 'hey, let's do a mission together?'. The only solution that I could see was to 'Die' often enough to get him back into the running, but that's not an efficient option nor very believable.

I haven't really thought much about the buddy system, except "cool, I can avoid dying and I get to see this sweet rescue animation". But yeah, making you go back after every mission lengthens the game unnecessarily and artifically. It's already long enough, so I don't see why they couldn't have changed it.

Egg Shen said:
I had something of the opposite experience. After finishing the game, and appreciating the well deserved ending, it was more out of relief that I was done with it than out of a sense that this was a prime example of emergent gameplay. I still had fun with it despite how negative I sound above, but I thought that the flaws outweigh what it excels with.

I guess that's what it boils down to. Do certain game design flaws bother you so much that they detract significantly from the experience? For me, the answer is "Hell no!", and for you, it's "Yes, definitely!". Most people seem to either love or hate this game, and I'm thinking these obvious flaws and peoples attitudes towards them are what makes the game so polarizing.

I gave up on this game. I tried, I really really tried, and got to the second map, but i couldn't stand all the traveling and checkpoints so i gave up. I'm sorry but this is by no mean an emergent gameplay, it's Mercenaries with nicer graphics, a weaker story(no matter how serious it tries to be), no real factions and a gazillion missions and mechanics made to annoy the crap out of you and slow down your progress. FC2 is a pretty game, some of the combat can be fun, some of the missions I liked, but all the traveling just made me sick. This game was tedious.

This is the second time that i actually gave up on a game in the past couple of years. The previous game was Assassin's Creed.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I used rivers all the time on both maps. Very convenient way to get around most of the time. Plus it's the most scenic way usually, and you can drive right through enemy bases most of the time. Big fan of the rivers.

edit: I think not having to worry about checkpoints for saving at all for the PC is a pretty big plus.

Fix the respawns. Slightly alter the AI to be just a little less aggressive. And this game easily becomes what in my eyes is the "perfect" FPS.

I'm still having no luck with stealth. 70% through and I've probably done about 4-5 missions without being seen. There's just no path to take without a guard seeing you and sometimes the game throws way too many enemies guarding a small compound.

Is the DLC worth $10 if you love the game but will only play in single-player? It seems like it isn't. I'm not a shotgun user (at least not yet--so far I'm carrying a pistol & a sniper rifle), so the only thing it would add is 2 vehicles, one of which I wouldn't use, since it doesn't have a mounted gun.

I paid $26 for this from Amazon, and I have no problem paying $10 if it's going to add something though.

Anyone know how I get this game out of windowed mode? It's set at my native resolution and I checked the widescreen box, but it's still not giving me a fullscreen picture... also there was this little glitch at the begining...

FC2.jpg

Been playing this today. I have one question.

Why the hell does everyone in this game talk so fast? The pacing of the dialogue is mindblowingly abnormal.

Didnt like this game much. Wanted it to end so badly just went through the main missions instead of the alternates. The pacing of the dialogue is way too fast as already outlines, the pc version is a bug fest, the story is weak as ass.

The original Far Cry blows this one away.

LM4sure

Banned
A few people mentioned a patch. Is there one forthcoming? I hope so. I would like to see the stealth aspect improved as well as like others mentioned with less frequent respawning. Probably won't happen, but that would really improve the game for me

JB1981

APZonerunner said:
Been playing this today. I have one question.

Why the hell does everyone in this game talk so fast? The pacing of the dialogue is mindblowingly abnormal.
I really have no idea either. Some people claim disc space issues is the reason .....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
JB1981 said:
I really have no idea either. Some people claim disc space issues is the reason .....
The game is tiny spacewise. I don't think it even uses a dual-layer DVD.

Maybe that's just the PC version.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dubbedinenglish said:
No its the same with the PS3 version, the dialoge even outpaces the lip-syncing and movement.
Mmm, I double-checked and my copy of Far Cry 2 on PC only takes up about 3 gigs, and it still has the really weirdly paced speech. It's really bizarre.

ElyrionX

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I've heard such mixed things about this title, but Ledsen's recent posts have just about convinced me to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if there is much difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? From what I've seen of the game (very little, might I add) graphically it looks extremely impressive. I did have a search through a few pages of this thread but couldn't find anything.

Don't buy the game until Ubisoft patches it. They've been promising a patch for months and it still hasn't arrived yet. In the meantime, we've already had paid DLC. I don't agree that time should be spent developing paid content when the underlying game is still broken and unpatched.

JB1981

I've heard such mixed things about this title, but Ledsen's recent posts have just about convinced me to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if there is much difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? From what I've seen of the game (very little, might I add) graphically it looks extremely impressive. I did have a search through a few pages of this thread but couldn't find anything.

I have it on PS3 (pretty damn great port, looks stunning) and I have had a smooth experience so far, no bugs etc aside from one crash. The game is pretty damn awesome imo. You should definitely get.

From my limited time playing it (only got up to the church) this game seems like it would be a hit if it was released anytime from January to July.

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
I have it on PS3 (pretty damn great port, looks stunning) and I have had a smooth experience so far, no bugs etc aside from one crash. The game is pretty damn awesome imo. You should definitely get.

Same with me.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Need help!

The UFLL guy just sent me to assassinate the UFLL Leader at the Hotel, but I can't seem to find a way up there (Ats at the top of a mountain. Any idea where the path to get there is?

I connect to Live by hooking my 360 up to my PC and have done for over a year. With XP I could only get a strict NAT so I couldn't actually connect to most other people online, but now with Vista I have an open NAT! No spending £60 on a wireless adaptor for me!

Anyway, just though I'd mention that as I could finall play this online. Surprisingly, I really quite enjoy it. It's sort of slower than other multiplayer FPS games, and I think that's the reason I like it.

rc213

SlaughterX said:
Anyone know how I get this game out of windowed mode? It's set at my native resolution and I checked the widescreen box, but it's still not giving me a fullscreen picture... also there was this little glitch at the begining...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/Genma_Gouki/FC2.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

ALT+Enter

ElyrionX

I ended up trading in Tomb Raider: Underworld for it today (figured I'd give Fable 2 a second chance).
I've only sunk about an hour and a half in to it but my first impressions are very positive, the graphics are spectacular and the world is immersive and really feels alive. I got the 360 version in the end, after watching some comparison videos it appears to be the better looking of the two with a more stable framerate and less screen tearing. I've been hearing all these horror stories about the game failing to load after a certain point, so I'm going to take the campaign slowly and hopefully a patch will be released before I get too far.
So far though, so good.

Sorry I forgot to reply to your prior post to tell you about the loading bug. I'm at about 20% in the game and have stopped playing for nearly two months for fear of encountering the bug myself and having it ruin my game. A patch doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight though.

God I hate people with higher ranks than me. :lol

I'm close to level 9, but everytime I'm against people with 10, 11, 12, 13 ranks, they kill me with ONE bullet. For me to kill them it takes almost an entire clip! :lol

But I'm ballin now. first, second, third place all the time.

JB1981 said:

It isn't. They did it because they had lots of dialogue and they wanted it to zip along. It might sound "funny" but it moves a long game along faster.

Warm Machine said:
It isn't. They did it because they had lots of dialogue and they wanted it to zip along. It might sound "funny" but it moves a long game along faster.

Doesn't make to much sense considering the narrative of the game along with its pacing of traversing and exploration.

Troidal

Gameplay UK has it on sale for about $20 so I decided to pick it up knowing what to expect...hopefully it will not be so bad. I'll be posting here for impressions/questions when I get the game :)

Dubbedinenglish said:
Doesn't make to much sense considering the narrative of the game along with its pacing of traversing and exploration.

That part of the game is active, not passive like listening to the dialouge.

The fun factor of multiplayer wore off as soon as I played against people with grenade launchers D: Completely unbalanced, you don't stand a chance if you're a low rank. I traded in the 360 version today so I can pick up the PC version a bit later, I find it very hard to aim using analog sticks in this particular game...

Rebel FM was really right when they said that just when you think you've seen everything in this game, it throws you something else.

Last night I set a house on fire to kill a target. So awesome. Also noticed that I could set myself on fire if I fired a bazooka in the middle of a grass field :lol

I've unlocked the stealth camo as well as some other weapons, but I need to get some money now as I splurged on the other stuff that was unlocked.

I do wonder where they could have gone with this game if they added cities with real people in it and some traditional RPG "quests" as well as some Mass Effect style dialog trees. I'm hoping they go that extra step with Far Cry 3.

Barrett2

Started playing this last night. Interesting so far, it looks great and I am enjoying the open world, but the dialogue speech speed is bizarre. Also having trouble finding a suitable speed for controller sensitivity. Other than that, pretty good so far.

Playing more Far Cry 2. I got into a firefight trying to take down a target, got knocked out, and when I came to, this is what was left... don't ask me how that happened, lol

Screenshot0004.jpg

Baloonatic said:
The fun factor of multiplayer wore off as soon as I played against people with grenade launchers D: Completely unbalanced, you don't stand a chance if you're a low rank. I traded in the 360 version today so I can pick up the PC version a bit later, I find it very hard to aim using analog sticks in this particular game...

Yup. I remember first playing MP, I would literally empty an ENTIRE clip into someone. Didn't kill him. Then he shoots me with a few bullets and I'm DEAD. :lol

But now, I'm level 10. I'm seriously kicking ass, always making it to first/second place. Hell, I was even banned from a match because I was winning. I was only at level 9, too! That's nothing. I still can't believe there's a level 20.

cluto

I just want to say that I shot a crossbow arrow at an incoming RPG and they exploded in midair.

I can assure you that it was awesome.

Top Bottom