• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

AgentOtaku said:
In this month's Gameinformer they did a postmortem with the producer and he expresses his dissapointment that carnivores didn't make it into the game (he said they had an Alligator protoype thing). Basically it started to turn into a STALKER scenario with wildlife simulation and such, where it came down to getting the core basics right instead of pie in the sky stuff ...because we know how well that turned out for STALKER's dev cycle...

I support Ubisoft for sticking to their guns and making what matters count the most

I believe he also mentioned that he was surprised at the negative reactions to the respawning enemies. Did he actually think people would enjoy that?

mrkapawutzis said:
I believe he also mentioned that he was surprised at the negative reactions to the respawning enemies. Did he actually think people would enjoy that?

Yeah but he also expressed that they didn't forsee it being that bad at first. I mean, it doesn't really bother mean but I completely understand how it turns some people off and it sounded like they realized it too and regretted it...

eshwaaz

AgentOtaku said:
In this month's Gameinformer they did a postmortem with the producer and he expresses his dissapointment that carnivores didn't make it into the game (he said they had an Alligator protoype thing). Basically it started to turn into a STALKER scenario with wildlife simulation and such, where it came down to getting the core basics right instead of pie in the sky stuff ...because we know how well that turned out for STALKER's dev cycle...

I support Ubisoft for sticking to their guns and making what matters count the most

His explanation for not letting the player save anytime, anywhere (on the consoles) is weak. He compares their save house system with the checkpoints in Call of Duty 4, claiming that the two are not really all that different. CoD 4 has checkpoints every 8-15 minutes, and Far Cry 2 has save houses you can reach every 8-15 minutes - "The difference is that in CoD 4, you can't miss the checkpoints because the game is linear, and in our game, the openness forces us to make you intentionally save the game. This necessity to stop and save is the pacing of the game."

The fact that the PC version, which is identical in every way except graphics, allows you to save anytime, anywhere, makes his explanation hard to swallow. The game simply cannot be balanced equally for both save methods.

That GameInformer article is available on their web site:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200901/N09.0127.1901.42518.htm?Page=1

It's a pretty honest post-mortem done with Clint Hocking. Interesting to hear that they planned to have carnivorous animals in the game (leopards, lions and crocodiles) at one point. Also interesting to hear that they were going to feature refugee camps to better illustrate the plight of the civilian population. With dangerous animals and civilians I think the world would have seemed so much more alive.

Personally, I haven't had too much of a problem with the respawning checkpoints. I go flying past them in my jeep, and if someone pursues me I get out of my jeep and fire my M79 into their grille. It only tends to bother me when I'm briefcase hunting.

mr stroke

Just finish the game after taking some advice to stick it out past the first 2 hours. Came away impressed overall and couldn't stop playing it for some reason, finished it in 11 hours(I don't know how some of you put 30+ hours into this game as the side missions suck and don't give anything to the game)

The open world gameplay outside of the combat just doesn't work, as many have said the driving back and forth to each mission is what kills the game and keeps it from being better than the first one. Other than finding different ways to kill people it really ads nothing to the game. I wish they would have used the same engine and just made the game like Far Cry 1 or Crysis(open linear world but not sandbox)

now bring back Crytek and Jack for Far Cry 3 please :p

If Far Cry 2 needed a few more years of development to make it a spiritual successor to STALKER, then it would have been better off that way. I hope they bring back those promises in Far Cry 3. Set it in Australia! :D

eXistor

Well I just encountered the savegame bug. I could revert back to an earlier save thankfully (15 minutes earlier), but I'm afraid this will happen more often now...

Anyway I can't say I like the game anymore. Normally I would just quit playing something I don't like, but I really want to finish more of the games I buy and I've already invested too much time into this fucker to just up and quit.

But really, I'm just not enjoying myself anymore and get frustrated at everything the game fucks up. The AI is just horrible and I normally don't give a crap about AI. This is NES level AI, all the enemies are just attracted to me like I'm a magnet and don't quit 'till I either die or kill them. They really should have ended the game at the end of the first map, it just keeps dragging on and on...and on and on. The second map is also way less fun due to the increased enemy count (3 times as many patrols it seems) and they have those mounted guns that kill you in 3 shots...fun.

The first 5 hours were fucking awesome, I was rerady to call it a masterpiece, but then the next 5 hours nothing changed...and it kept on going like that. It's basically 10 minutes of gameplay extended to what seems an eternity.

I should just quit the game, I know, but somehow I want closure on it.

ChoklitReign said:
If Far Cry 2 needed a few more years of development to make it a spiritual successor to STALKER, then it would have been better off that way. I hope they bring back those promises in Far Cry 3. Set it in Australia! :D
Agreed, the gameworld suggests so much more than a shallow shooter, but that's really all they did with it. Australia would be an awesome setting as well, good call.

Truant

Australia is too similar to Africa in terms of graphics.

I'd much rather see Alaska or somewhere in the mountains of Scandinavia.

DuckRacer

eXistor said:
Well I just encountered the savegame bug. I could revert back to an earlier save thankfully (15 minutes earlier), but I'm afraid this will happen more often now...

Anyway I can't say I like the game anymore. Normally I would just quit playing something I don't like, but I really want to finish more of the games I buy and I've already invested too much time into this fucker to just up and quit.

But really, I'm just not enjoying myself anymore and get frustrated at everything the game fucks up. The AI is just horrible and I normally don't give a crap about AI. This is NES level AI, all the enemies are just attracted to me like I'm a magnet and don't quit 'till I either die or kill them. They really should have ended the game at the end of the first map, it just keeps dragging on and on...and on and on. The second map is also way less fun due to the increased enemy count (3 times as many patrols it seems) and they have those mounted guns that kill you in 3 shots...fun.

The first 5 hours were fucking awesome, I was rerady to call it a masterpiece, but then the next 5 hours nothing changed...and it kept on going like that. It's basically 10 minutes of gameplay extended to what seems an eternity.

I should just quit the game, I know, but somehow I want closure on it.
Heh, yeah. I received the game from Gamefly and I became completely sick of it after two hours. I think I realized to complete a mission that makes me go all the way across the map, I had to find a patrol vehicle which takes a while, take a minute to kill everyone and fix said vehicle, attempt to drive the vehicle to my destination, fight checkpoint baddies and fix my vehicle again, drive some more and fight more checkpoint baddies again and fix my vehicle again, then I finally did whatever stupid objective I was supposed to do, and then I have to drive all the way back. And that was just completing a basic mission; you have to drive to wherever you get the mission objective to begin with. I'm like, screw this game. This is neither an "experience" nor is it fun – it's just frustrating and unfulfilling.

dionysus

Yaldog
I find I am really enjoying the game in small chunks. As soon as I think "fuck, another checkpoint to fight through," I turn off the game and come back later. Whereas if I were to try to play 4 hours straight, I would not be enjoying myself after the first couple of hours.

A fast travel would be the bees knees though.

The atmosphere the game creates is awesome. I remember emerging from a save point hut at dawn with the sun rising over mountains in the distance. It was gorgeous, and totally immersive because it was so unexpected. It wasn't contrived by some level designer, it was accidental beauty, like what happens in real life sometimes.

eXistor

dionysus said:
The atmosphere the game creates is awesome. I remember emerging from a save point hut at dawn with the sun rising over mountains in the distance. It was gorgeous, and totally immersive because it was so unexpected. It wasn't contrived by some level designer, it was accidental beauty, like what happens in real life sometimes.
While I agree, this is only in the first few hours of the game, when you've played it enough, all the "magic" disappears and you really don't give a crap about stuff like that anymore.

I've been playing again today (I'm hoping to finish this pos tomorrow) and I've wasted at least 20 minutes reviving a "buddy" because he can;t shoot for shit. I died at some random point, probably due to a pile-up of three fucking patrol cars at the same time, and my buddy revived me. I went on to do the mission I was on and when I killed all the bad guys, my buddy was apparantly shot down. I was searching for him for 10 minutes, but he was literally half a mile away fro where I was. I didn't hear him, but I had subtitles on, so I could see those.

So after finally finding him (the blue smoke doesn't go up far enough btw, that would've saved some time). I return to finish my mission (I had to plant a bomb) and immediately upon reaching my destination, my buddy got shot again. So I walk back again, revive him, look around for any bad guys and go back to my goal. Not only did my buddy get shot again, all the enemies have respawned at the camp, so I had to kill them all again and return for my buddy. This time an enemy patrol boat was near so I RPG'ed those mofos to death and tried to revive my buddy yet again. Alas, I guess he got mortally wounded, so I had to OD him with meds until he died permanently. So back I walk to my goal and finally blow up what I was supposed to 20 minutes ago...

And stuff like this happens all the time. Did this game not get playtested?

Doytch

So I got this a few days ago (for PC), and played a bit yesterday and the day before.

I probably have the same feelings as everyone else who's just started, and that's that it has a tonne of atmosphere. I enjoy scouting and clearing checkpoints, driving around the savannah, etc.

I know a lot of people hate(d) the constant ambushes/checkpoints though, so I'm watching my attitude towards them. I started off on Normal difficulty, and ended up changing it to Hardcore (second hardest). With that on, the first time I tried to drive around a little dock in my boat I was gunned down. That was annoying, and I turned the difficulty back down. I think that leaving myself the option to go around checkpoints might help. What was everyone else playing it on?

The jamming/weapon degradation is another thing I heard a lot about. When I used my purchased weapon, it took a loooong time for it to start jamming, so I think a lot of people may have been (and I really hate this term) playing it wrong. I figure if I keep using my purchased, brand new guns instead of the crap the enemies drop, it won't be so bad. But the occaisional "oh SHIT" moment when your gun jams up right when you need it is not so much annoying as it is exciting.

I think that having the benefit of others setting it up for me will make me have a better experience than those who came into it fresh. One one hand I had the Idle Thumbs guys splooging themselves about the game, and on the other hand were what was probably a vocal minority hating on a lot of mechanics. I also think that being a PC gamer through and through means that I just accept some design choices, like weapon degradation. I have no problem with it at all in games, some of my favourites use it (DX, SS2, STALKER).

All that said, I really like it so far. Lost and Damned came out today, so I've been playing that, but after I'm done with it, this will be played before Burnout: Paradise and Dead Rising. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before Empire: Total War comes out. :D

dionysus

Yaldog
I also fail to see the difference between these checkpoints and other trash enemy time wasters in every FPS ever made. It is the open world version of a random corridor in a linear shooter that has easy to kill enemies in it.

Doytch

dionysus said:
I also fail to see the difference between these checkpoints and other trash enemy time wasters in every FPS ever made. It is the open world version of a random corridor in a linear shooter that has easy to kill enemies in it.

Not sure how you meant that (as a positive or negative), but I think there is a difference. I've been able to either avoid, or drive through checkpoints (at least most of them) when I wanted. If it were a corridor shooter, I wouldn't have that option. I'd HAVE to go through them, either because they'd kill me, or there'd be an invisi-lock blocking me until I did kill them.

Ledsen

eXistor said:
While I agree, this is only in the first few hours of the game, when you've played it enough, all the "magic" disappears and you really don't give a crap about stuff like that anymore.

Actually for me the magic lasted all the way through, almost 30 hours.

Bildi

Doytch said:
I know a lot of people hate(d) the constant ambushes/checkpoints though, so I'm watching my attitude towards them. I started off on Normal difficulty, and ended up changing it to Hardcore (second hardest). With that on, the first time I tried to drive around a little dock in my boat I was gunned down. That was annoying, and I turned the difficulty back down. I think that leaving myself the option to go around checkpoints might help. What was everyone else playing it on?

The jamming/weapon degradation is another thing I heard a lot about. When I used my purchased weapon, it took a loooong time for it to start jamming, so I think a lot of people may have been (and I really hate this term) playing it wrong. I figure if I keep using my purchased, brand new guns instead of the crap the enemies drop, it won't be so bad. But the occaisional "oh SHIT" moment when your gun jams up right when you need it is not so much annoying as it is exciting.
On guard posts, you can indeed go around them. I tend to just go through them since there are only a few stragglers once they've been scouted and I enjoy dealing with them. Getting to and from your destination is a major part of each mission so if you don't enjoy the travel, you probably don't enjoy most of the game.

I only use purchased guns and have only had one jam in 20 hours. I actually wish they'd jam more because it can be pretty intense.

I know this thread isn't the most travelled anymore, but figured I'd ask for some help here on the off chance that somebody could help me. I'm stuck trying to get the very last diamond briefcase in the game (221st). It's in the SW map of the Southern Territory (Bowa-Seko) on the west side of Weelegol village, shown here:
296c5kz.jpg

The diamond itself is in a little wooden watchtower that sits on a rocky shelf:
a08e1x.jpg

(sorry for the bad pic, but the tower is top-centre if you look closely)

There's no path up there, even if a park an assault truck on one of the rocky 'steps' and try jumping from the mchine gun nest I can't make it, and there are no hang-gliders nearby that I've found. What am I missing?

I've finally gotten to the last mission and any passion that I've had for this game has been drained a long time ago. It just got so tedious and repetitive. Now I can only play in short bursts but I'm trudging through to get the Trophy. One question I have about one of the Heart of Darkness missions,
was it fully explained why your buddies turn against you, or did I miss the explanation in the firefight? Or will it be explained at the end after the last mission?

Plissken

mrkapawutzis said:
I've finally gotten to the last mission and any passion that I've had for this game has been drained a long time ago. It just got so tedious and repetitive. Now I can only play in short bursts but I'm trudging through to get the Trophy. One question I have about one of the Heart of Darkness missions,
was it fully explained why your buddies turn against you, or did I miss the explanation in the firefight? Or will it be explained at the end after the last mission?

I think it may have something to do with the choice you make near the end of the first map's missions.
When I played through the game, and was given the choice near the end of the first map to either save the citizens at the church, or save my buddies at the bar, I chose the church. I always assumed that was the reason they all turned on you at the end, because you turned your back on them earlier. Of course, that could all be null and void if you chose to save them, but I haven't played it that way, so I can't comment.

BigBoss

Plissken said:
I think it may have something to do with the choice you make near the end of the first map's missions.
When I played through the game, and was given the choice near the end of the first map to either save the citizens at the church, or save my buddies at the bar, I chose the church. I always assumed that was the reason they all turned on you at the end, because you turned your back on them earlier. Of course, that could all be null and void if you chose to save them, but I haven't played it that way, so I can't comment.

They turn on you no matter who you choose to help.

mrkapawutzis said:

That was actually the only part of the end that really annoyed me.
I have a feeling it was meant to be more than it was, and at least allow for some flexibility beyond "kill the bastard", but in the end they settled with any sort of scene typifying the mercenary, do anything for money attitude they were trying to carry across. That was one of the major themes of the game, further supported by the stress on diamonds throughout, but in the end it definitely wasn't pulled off that well.

Nizz

So I decided I wanted to play the game again, so I start a new game with a new character (basically a different pair of gloves :D ). But I encountered a glitch I never saw from the game before. I'm at a checkpoint and I get gunned down. No biggie I said, I'll just reload the section.

When I realized I had a buddy in "rescue ready" status and he shows up to help me. He drags me to safety as always, tells me to patch myself up, and hands me his gun. The red of the screen from being near death disappears and everything gets clear. As I'm getting myself together, ready to target any enemy near me, I get two shots to the back from a shottie.....from my buddy! I thought WTF?

Then I said whatever and just kept playing. A little while later, I get gunned down again. My buddy shows up again. Drags me to safety, I patch myself up, he gets off two shots at the enemies, tells me "You're down two Hoss!" hands me the gun and boom... I get killed again, by my buddy!...

Needless to say, I get gunned down later on again. My "buddy" shows up. Wash, rinse, repeat. Except that as soon as the fucker hands me his gun I go running! You missed me, fool. And I can't remember for the life of me what I did to set him off. I could understand the reaction if I had accidentally swiped at him or shot him or something while he was dragging me to safety. But I did no such thing? WTF? Anyone else had this happen to them?

qirex99

Banned
Ubisoft amazes at crafting seemingly living breathing worlds - with gameplay so mind numbingly repetitive that you have to wonder...

Ledsen

fps fanatic said:
So I decided I wanted to play the game again, so I start a new game with a new character (basically a different pair of gloves :D ). But I encountered a glitch I never saw from the game before. I'm at a checkpoint and I get gunned down. No biggie I said, I'll just reload the section.

When I realized I had a buddy in "rescue ready" status and he shows up to help me. He drags me to safety as always, tells me to patch myself up, and hands me his gun. The red of the screen from being near death disappears and everything gets clear. As I'm getting myself together, ready to target any enemy near me, I get two shots to the back from a shottie.....from my buddy! I thought WTF?

Then I said whatever and just kept playing. A little while later, I get gunned down again. My buddy shows up again. Drags me to safety, I patch myself up, he gets off two shots at the enemies, tells me "You're down two Hoss!" hands me the gun and boom... I get killed again, by my buddy!...

Needless to say, I get gunned down later on again. My "buddy" shows up. Wash, rinse, repeat. Except that as soon as the fucker hands me his gun I go running! You missed me, fool. And I can't remember for the life of me what I did to set him off. I could understand the reaction if I had accidentally swiped at him or shot him or something while he was dragging me to safety. But I did no such thing? WTF? Anyone else had this happen to them?

Yes this is one of the many known game-breaking bugs. When you clear the game and start over, your buddies will shoot you. I don't know if you can fix by, for example, deleting all your old saves, you'll have to check the official forums.

Nizz

Ledsen said:
Yes this is one of the many known game-breaking bugs. When you clear the game and start over, your buddies will shoot you. I don't know if you can fix by, for example, deleting all your old saves, you'll have to check the official forums.
Wow. It's really just incredible how many bugs got past QA. I mean, I genuinely like the game. It's an fps, it's set in an open world that looks great. I like how you can approach scenarios differently. But the bugs present are just crazy...

BigBoss

fps fanatic said:
Wow. It's really just incredible how many bugs got past QA. I mean, I genuinely like the game. It's an fps, it's set in an open world that looks great. I like how you can approach scenarios differently. But the bugs present are just crazy...

I think Ubi Soft fired their QA team a long time ago, its the only way to explain how they continue to ship the most bug-filled games of any major developer.

Nizz

Ledsen said:
Man, it happened to me again last night with another buddy. Unintentionally adds a whole 'nother level of tension to the missions now. :lol Not only do I have to worry about my enemies taking me out, I have to run like hell the minute my buddy hands me his gun. It's like somebody having the "Last Stand" perk in COD4, when you have to run as soon as you hear that familiar "ding ding" of the grenade falling. I'll have to check out those official forums. What a shame...

BigBoss said:
I think Ubi Soft fired their QA team a long time ago, its the only way to explain how they continue to ship the most bug-filled games of any major developer.
This really is a problem with Ubisoft, no doubt. A real shame. I mean, I do dig the game, but with that save glitch from the first time I played through it, to now my "buddies" shooting me in the back as soon as they save me, it really is irritating...

dLMN8R

So......I just beat this game. Out of a feeling of necessity, for whatever reason, instead of enjoyment.

The last 1/3 of this game was pure monotony and tedium. How the hell anyone could throw around 90+% scores for this game is beyond me. PC Gamer UK and US scoring this game at 94% or whatever it was, while giving Crysis Warhead 60/70% is utterly absurd.

Bleh!

dLMN8R said:
So......I just beat this game. Out of a feeling of necessity, for whatever reason, instead of enjoyment.

The last 1/3 of this game was pure monotony and tedium. How the hell anyone could throw around 90+% scores for this game is beyond me. PC Gamer UK and US scoring this game at 94% or whatever it was, while giving Crysis Warhead 60/70% is utterly absurd.

Bleh!

To each his own, I suppose. I though the last 1/3 had some of the best parts of the game, and would definitely rate the whole product 90+% for the atmosphere alone.

dLMN8R

Peronthious said:
To each his own, I suppose. I though the last 1/3 had some of the best parts of the game, and would definitely rate the whole product 90+% for the atmosphere alone.
That "atmosphere" argument...just doesn't fly for me whatsoever after the first 10 hours or so. When I got to the second map, I went "fuck, please don't do this shit", instead of "yippie! I'm only halfway done doing the same thing over and over again countless times!"

The atmosphere is impressive, obviously, and the game is beautiful in its own right. But that doesn't carry a game for 25+ hours.

As for the last 1/3 of the game, there's nothing more to it than the same thing you've already been doing for the previous 2/3. Talk to some dude, travel for 20 minutes, kill some dude, wash, rinse, repeat. At the end, you're forced down a path that leads you to
killing all your friends
without any free will to do otherwise, and with a crappy explanation for doing so to boot. Then, after all that, both endings fucking sucked.

Ubisoft should have cut out the second map entirely, and focused on improving the quality of the events that happen and missions you're given in the first map. It could have still easily been a 20+ hour experience, but with enjoyable variety instead of endless predictable repetition.

Haeleos

burgerdog said:
Finally beat it about a week ago and I hope I never have to play another game as bad as this ever again.

I hope one day you can afford to try more games.

I can't seem to find the impressions of the Fortune's Pack in this thread? Is it worth 800 points?

Man, I did not experience one single bug quite playing this game. Not one crash, not one glitch, nada.

I'm definitely considering myself lucky.

I picked this up on Steam a couple of days ago for $15, after having wanted to try it for a long time. I sat down with it for about 2 hours last night, and I have to say it's pretty cool so far.

I had a bunch of crazy graphical glitches running it in DX10, though. No one had pupils in their eyes, and everyone looked like they were wearing dead skin masks over their faces.... creepy. DX9 fixed that and seemed to stabilize the frame rate, too.

Is there any reason to chose one character to play over the others? I chose the Irish guy, but I might go back and try someone else. I've just make it to Mike's Bar and met my first couple of buddies so far.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Blast Processing said:
Is there any reason to chose one character to play over the others? I chose the Irish guy, but I might go back and try someone else. I've just make it to Mike's Bar and met my first couple of buddies so far.
It pretty much just changes your arms and you can't have him as a buddy. The game fills your buddies with the people you don't pick.

Your buddies are different every time you play a new game, and your starting place can change to.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BobsRevenge said:
Your buddies are different every time you play a new game, and your starting place can change to.

I think that's based on whether or not you 'escape' the assault at the start of the game. Get shot in the city = one starting place ; Malaria breakout when you escape = second starting place.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
holy crap, the last mission in the game is so awesome, that's how the entire game should have been ..

are there more games like that ?

Gowans

I've finally got round to playing this,I'm about 8% in but wow the way its put together in a open and persistent world is really sucking me in.

The environment and day/night cycles are also helping, I'm not really caring about the story at the mo just going from mission to mission.

Why did this game not get more chatter in it's release.

dLMN8R

Gowans007 said:
I've finally got round to playing this,I'm about 8% in but wow the way its put together in a open and persistent world is really sucking me in.

The environment and day/night cycles are also helping, I'm not really caring about the story at the mo just going from mission to mission.

Why did this game not get more chatter in it's release.
Ask that question again when you've played more than 8% of the game, and read some of the posts from the last couple pages in this thread.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Because there should have been some monsters or mutants or something at some point in the game to break the repetition. Something, anything, to change the pace.

Gowans

dLMN8R said:
Ask that question again when you've played more than 8% of the game, and read some of the posts from the last couple pages in this thread.

yeah I'm holding off on anything till I get through it. I heard little about it on release I wana try and keep it that way for as long as possible then I'll go back at catch up.

Really enjoying it at the moment the only hammering fact to me is the save system choice, random guys have got me once or twice and I've just turned it off to redo the last 10mins later.

Mindlog

What's with Ubisoft this gen?

Brilliant concept.
Stunning Visuals

middling gameplay execution

I'm looking at Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia and now Far Cry 2. All games I'm on the verge of really really enjoying, but every so often another bug/flaw slaps me awake.

Are there any good mods out for the game so I can buy it on PC? With a few tweaks this can be one of my favorite games in a long time. For now it's yet another Ubisoft game where I'm thinking to myself, "This could have been so much better."

DangerStepp

Mindlog said:
What's with Ubisoft this gen?

Brilliant concept.
Stunning Visuals

middling gameplay execution

I'm looking at Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia and now Far Cry 2. All games I'm on the verge of really really enjoying, but every so often another bug/flaw slaps me awake.

Are there any good mods out for the game so I can buy it on PC? With a few tweaks this can be one of my favorite games in a long time. For now it's yet another Ubisoft game where I'm thinking to myself, "This could have been so much better."

I found this game significantly more enthralling than Assasin's Creed. I was a fool for the open world and vehicles. Sure, it could've been executed better, but I don't think this game deserves the level of hate that it's taken. It never promised us a rose garden.

Mindlog

Well to clarify I didn't hate AC, POP (or FC2). I like them each almost exactly the same.

I wouldn't really rate any of those games because at times I think they're brilliant and at times I'd feel like throwing the controller at the console's power button. It's just odd to me that games from a publisher so consistently illicit that kind of reaction.

Top Bottom