• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Ozone

Someone has to make it look like Kaitlyn can wrestle. Outside of Naomi, they are COMPLETELY out of options
20130201_ARTICLE_EC_divas.jpg
I like how they didn't even bother to announce the match on TV.

Maybe but I can lurid to filling the Beth Phoenix slot easily.

If she can survive the cage of death see can survive Being a wwe diva. Though i fit know what effect the travel schedule coil have on her heart if any

For a second I thought Ramona was looked like Micky james( wee should hire her back as well)

Anth0ny

Wrestlemania is starting to take form to me...

Rock vs. Cena

Brock vs. HHH

Punk vs. Taker?

Jericho vs. Ziggler at Mania for the WHC (Jericho might be facing someone else, Ziggler cashes in, and the real match begins ^_^)

Del Rio vs. Swagger (racist gimmick doesn't need a belt)

Mark Henry vs. Ryback

Sheamus vs. Orton?

5 v 5 where everyone gets a Mania payday, ends with Tensai dancing

Don't know where Bryan/Kane fit in yet. I'd like to see Bryan in a singles match but eh...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If I could find a good picture of Big Show as The Garbage Collector from his Royal Pains episode, rotten teeth to be clearly seen in the avatar, I would use that.

I legit laughed at those Power Slammers toys and what they do, soooo stupid lol.

Serena is the hottest thing in wrestling ever, omg she was amazing. Even with no friggin hair she looked the best.

I could set my watch to those tits, good gravy.

All made of the same material. Ignoring that, amazing face and any woman who loves to learn multiple languages for the fun of it is someone to admire though.

Still one of the best surprise endings to a match for me, because it honestly took me by surprise. I appreciate such things these days. I still don't like Big Show when he's actually in the ring though, not since around 2000 or so.

Lance Storm vs Norman Smiley

Oh shit. Goodie, the sound is off again. Cat said that Norman couldn't give up the Hardcore Championship for like 2 months, but Norman just stopped coming to shows until he was stripped of it and that was fine. "Power Rangers" chant at Lance. Cartwheel from Norman. This is a wrasslin match. 2-3 thousand in attendance might be pushing it. There might be barely over 1K. You can actually hear individual people in the crowd. So weird. ROH gets bigger crowds. TNA gets bigger crowds than this. However, this is a good match. It's a really technical match that has been given surprising amount of time and is very competitive. Norman didn't get much of a chance to actually wrestle, but when he did, he was boss. Mark says "lascivious" at least 20 times during this match. "They're trying to do that Flair/Steamboat 89 spot, but they're pretty tired." Lance wins with the Maple Leaf. Good match. Meng cases Lance off after the match.

It was this match I stopped watching WCW save for the final show. Seeing Storm and Smiley actually wrestling, actually trying, actually trying to be on a good show to entertain wrestling fans and realising they were the only ones left? I had to end it before the rest of the awfulness got to much for me.

Due to quitting then and the power of forgetting, I was honestly able to be excited and view Booker T as a 5-Time WCW champion as something to be proud of and respected in the world of wrestling. Shame now thanks to all you've reminded me of, there really wasn't in all those awful matches Booker won and lost the belts in.

He may be a nice dude, but......RKO is better than the Diamond Cutter. Yep I said it and I won't take it back.

See, this is why they cancelled the Sentinel program. Faulty logic.

No, this should be his entrance music. http://youtu.be/yeZHB3ozglQ Girls screaming and all.

Love watching Hailey Hatred wrestle in Japan, she's such a beast compared to the girls that pass for joshi wrestlers these days;

iewaKRHoOhbs.gif

As much as I love having her in SHIMMER, I do miss Hailey being in Japan. Matches like Hailey Hatred & Kaori Yoneyama vs Misaki Ohata & Hanako always entertained me.
http://youtu.be/q8Z4Aqp-lC8

Lol when was this?

A failed attempt to cash in the Money In The Bank contract. http://youtu.be/QhkNEZf7MJ0

strobogo

Banned
Due to quitting then and the power of forgetting, I was honestly able to be excited and view Booker T as a 5-Time WCW champion as something to be proud of and respected in the world of wrestling. Shame now thanks to all you've reminded me of, there really wasn't in all those awful matches Booker won and lost the belts in.

Yep. Four of his 5 reigns came with in 8 months. The first one was in a completely random and unscheduled match, the third one was in a random chance gimmick match, and the fourth one was because he was going to WWE and Steiner wasn't. The last one happened in the WWF, so that one is debatable.

That's nothing compared to Jeff Jarrett, who had his 4 reigns in under 2 months.

Ithil

kCCg89Qh.jpg

I know it's only a live event, so they may yet change the gimmick for TV, but we've got El Generico as El Generico in a WWE ring.

Seeing Generico in his attire brings a smile to my face. For all the crap WWE gets nowadays, they have still provided a great opportunity for a lot of guys who have busted their asses for several years. I really think HHH has the right idea with the company- we just need Vince to hand over control permanently.

Kaitlyn hasn't even been on TV for awhile, at least it feels like that anyway I was having withdrawals.

Its really not that hard to make women wrestling fair-to-interesting-enough. WWE are so f**king lazy.

Limit Dwayne's stupid rambling about nothing to 30min and use that extra time towards building something else.

Kyoufu

Kaitlyn hasn't even been on TV for awhile, at least it feels like that anyway I was having withdrawals.

Its really not that hard to make women wrestling fair-to-interesting-enough. WWE are so f**king lazy.

Limit Dwayne's stupid rambling about nothing to 30min and use that extra time towards building something else.

Divas kill ratings

Dwayne = ratings

I don't like it either but that's the way it works unfortunately.

jred2k

She was in that great Lumberjill match a few weeks ago with all the Divas dressed as Vegas showgirls. That match was the very foundation of her ongoing feud with Tamina Snuka.

They should just put all the Divas on NXT and let them actually showcase the talent they have.

spoonztt

Not seeing how Punk vs Taker is gonna play out at all.

Regarding The Undertaker's status, there is still nothing definite. If there has been a final decision made, it is being kept very quiet.

As noted, Taker was not backstage at Monday's RAW from Nashville, even though he was photographed at a Nashville Predators hockey game the night before. However, Taker reportedly did have a meeting with Vince McMahon while in town.

It's said that Taker does not want to come back and have to fake his way through a mediocre match, which is why his status is up in the air. He had major shoulder and hip surgery over the past year which made it impossible for him to do any serious training for a long time. Taker couldn't lift upper body because of shoulder rehab and couldn't do lower body because of the hip rehab.

As of a few days ago, the internal word was that Taker is still "planned" to face CM Punk this year. People close to Taker believe that if he doesn't do WrestleMania 29, then his career is not over and it would simply mean he didn't have enough time to fully recover from everything. The expectation is that he would like to do WrestleMania 30 in 2014 and that the show could be built around his farewell since he will be 49 years old at that point.

Raw64life

About what I was expecting. My first WM will feature a bunch of rematches and no Undertaker. This is shaping up to be the worst WM since 9. They're saving everything for 30. I'm looking forward to the Hall of Fame more than I am WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
About what I was expecting. My first WM will feature a bunch of rematches and no Undertaker. This is shaping up to be the worst WM since 9. They're saving everything for 30. I'm looking forward to the Hall of Fame more than I am WM.

You'll at least get to see people throw scenery at Cena. He's gonna get some nuclear heat.

Cagey

Banned
WWE has no reason to change El Generico's gimmick because masked wrestlers are always crazy popular with kids. Toss in getting the crowd to chant "OLE!" and it's a guaranteed hit with the sub-13 crowd.

Perhaps a name tweak because the company wants a copyright, but the gimmick will work marvelously.

You'll at least get to see people throw scenery at Cena. He's gonna get some nuclear heat.

NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY... YOU DAMN RIGHT.

strobogo

Banned
I can't wait to see Generico vs D-Bryne on SMS. And Generico vs Santino on Superstars. For real. I also really want to see Generico interact with Sandow. I've seen the idea posted numerous times in these very threads, but now that ADR is a face, it makes so much sense to have him donate a bunch of money to Generico's orphanage.

Kyoufu

We should make a wrestling website.

We can do what 95% of them do and make up dirtsheetz. Make money!

<millions of dollars gif>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
new avatar, since 2013 marks 30 years since the original Tiger Mask retired.

theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r80oNdMItqk

vs Black Tiger

http://youtu.be/WLzacf9bIMs
http://youtu.be/w2jrm1GZ20I

vs Dynamite Kid

http://youtu.be/oMRBsQyKxjw

vs Bret Hart

http://youtu.be/k585pCaPjuM
http://youtu.be/Rj7frhUL5EY

Will go through this collection later. Tiger Mask has such a great body of work - man, that Dynamite Kid match I watched about a month ago, but I cannot wait to see it again, it's that damn good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This showed up in the Outdoorsmen thread - what in the name of god is happening here?

gHI7qcP.png

Belding and Batista, I know Belding is a wrasslin mark but...what the hell

Will go through this collection later. Tiger Mask has such a great body of work - man, that Dynamite Kid match I watched about a month ago, but I cannot wait to see it again, it's that damn good.

what makes the Tiger vs Kid matches so great was that no one at the time was doing that blend of high speed, high flyer + technical, mat based wrestling. truly innovators and i can only imagine the awe the audiences felt.

Top Bottom