• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

I feel like they're just delaying committing to Punk vs Taker and want another week where they can either have Punk lose or make it a triple threat.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a grammatical question.
I always knew that in speaking, you cannot say "I DON'T agree", and the correct form is "I disagree", but Cena just said the first one.
Huh? You can say "I don't agree." It's just slightly more passive than "I disagree" (i.e. it's a negative sentence, saying what you don't do, as opposed to a positive sentence).

Fintan

I have a grammatical question.
I always knew that in speaking, you cannot say "I DON'T agree", and the correct form is "I disagree", but Cena just said the first one.

Both are fine. Just like you can say you "dislike" something or you "don't like" something.

krae_man

WWE RAW
02-25-2013

BUY TICKETS

#WWEDALLAS

WWE RETURNS TO DALLAS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2013 ON THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA! SEE THE MONDAY NIGHT TRADITION BROADCAST TO THE WORLD FROM DALLAS' AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER

BROCK LESNAR RETURNS TO WWE IN DALLAS!

Raw is taking place in Bo Dallas?

Ultratech

Well that seemed random.

"OMG Guys, we gotta stop The Shield! We gotta save the company!"

And Sin Cara's about to get his ass kicked and wig split. :D

krae_man

I'm really surprised Ryback took the clean pinfall. Sheamus taking the pinfall would have made more sense. I guess they did it because the "falling on top" part of the finish wouldn't work with white noise.

Sabucin

Huh? You can say "I don't agree." It's just slightly more passive than "I disagree" (i.e. it's a negative sentence, saying what you don't do, as opposed to a positive sentence).

Both are fine. Just like you can say you "dislike" something or you "don't like" something.

I never heard of the first being grammatically incorrect.

Sorry guys, I got confused with the form "I'm NOT agree". My apologies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
"You say I can't get it done? Well I don't agree with you"- John Cena. Now that is some fantastic promo work...lol

CM Punk: "You just made the stupidest"

*stutter pause*

"mistake of your life, but I'll take you up on your offer".

Joke is that I even called it a few minutes ago before he started talking.

Top Bottom