• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Bowser

WWE_Undisputed_Championship_Belt.jpg

My fav.

Seriously, why couldn't Rock just be like "I'm bringing back the title I last held" and re-debuted this?

Ugh.

McNei1y

So I've been DVRing Raw lately so I can skip commercials. I'm on the Orton/Kane match now... but damn, there have been some great matches tonight.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I know it wasn't, I just like nameplates.

Don't worry, it wasn't a shot at anyone or something.

And I like the modern feel of the title at the very least - no roundness, and it's almost certain that the sides will be customized with each champion's logo, which has never been done before. I dig the concept. Like a title for the digital era or something.

Ithil

I don't think this will be that long lived a belt. The Attitude Era one, and the Undisputed belt, where around for about 3-4 years each. Rather revoltingly, the spinner belt is second longest lived design ever, second only to the Winged Eagle.

So expect this one for a few years, but I don't think it's going to be an extended design like the Spinner.

The scratch logo needs to change. It's like still using the Golden Era's logo, it makes no sense, that's not the era the WWE is in anymore. Now the whole WWE title is the scratch logo.

It's pretty obvious with how the Divas and Tag belts turned out that WWE didn't want to stick to the old traditional looking belts. They want big splashy shapes and figures like a freaking butterfly or roman gladiator. It could have been much worse and the Big Gold is still around anyway.

RyudBoy

That was a good Rock segment, actually the best in a long time. No stupid jokes. Punk coming out and nailing Cena in the back was cool. I really want the triple threat match to happen even more now than Cena/Rock II.

As for the rest of Raw, good opening promo with Cena/Punk. The six man tag match between The Shield and Ryback/Sheamus/Jericho was fun, and the closing segment (ugly belt aside) as I already mentioned was good. Can't remember the rest right now but overall a good Raw I thought.

Omega

Banned
Don't worry, it wasn't a shot at anyone or something.

And I like the modern feel of the title at the very least - no roundness, and it's almost certain that the sides will be customized with each champion's logo, which has never been done before. I dig the concept. Like a title for the digital era or something.
This pretty much kills the idea of anyone besides Cena, Punk winning it. Boreton has the viper and Sheamus a boot but they're Smackdown.

Ryback's should be a huge sandwich

It's pretty obvious with how the Divas and Tag belts turned out that WWE didn't want to stick to the old traditional looking belts. They want big splashy shapes and figures like a freaking butterfly or roman gladiator. It could have been much worse and the Big Gold is still around anyway.

They want shit they can sell replicas of to children and man children. And man children will buy ugly belts. So aim them at children.

Ithil

I will say, that the new belt looks like an ugly title belt. That's actually a compliment, if backhanded. It does look like a championship belt, just an ugly one.

The Spinner didn't even look like a title, it legit looked like a cheap bootleg toy. Square, clunky, hideous, "blinged", it didn't pass for a championship.

They want shit they can sell replicas of to children and man children. And man children will buy ugly belts. So aim them at children.

I assume they'd also want a belt for when Miz or Rock or someone else go out to talk shows to show off the belt and promote the company. The belt basically being the company logo makes sense in that regard, even if I agree with others that the logo itself needs to change as it doesn't represent the current product.

Top Bottom