• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Mahonay

Banned
I can't wait to see what Vince will do with it
hardykeepseatingandeating.gif

Tonight, in the wake of his victory over WWE Champion John Cena in tag team action last week, 2017 Royal Rumble Winner Randy Orton will take on The Cenation Leader for the first time on SmackDown LIVE.

Having recently dispensed of estranged Wyatt Family member Luke Harper, Orton and the family’s patriarch, Bray Wyatt, are clearly zoning in on Cena’s WWE Title. It will be very interesting to see how The Champ will respond, just five days before he defends his championship inside the demonic Elimination Chamber against five other Superstars – among them, The New Face of Fear himself.

Find out when John Cena and Randy Orton rekindle their iconic rivalry on SmackDown LIVE, tonight on USA Network!

Iconic rivalry

The Rock is producing a movie based on Paige's family in collaboration with WWE Films and Film4, written and directed by Stephen Merchant.

s46yIKI.jpg

Sephzilla

Vince is going to demand Cena and Orton get inducted into the HoF together some day

The Rock is producing a movie based on Paige's family in collaboration with WWE Films and Film4, written and directed by Stephen Merchant.

s46yIKI.jpg

wont this be hilariously awkward now that Paige isn't really with the company?

So Brock's gonna interfere at Fastlane, keeping Jericho/ Owens Title/ Title for Mania right?

Right?!

Why would Brock do that when if Goldberg wins not only does Lesnar get Goldberg at Mania, he gets a title shot too.

Lesnar screwing Goldberg would only have made sense is if Goldberg said no and Lesnar needed to create a reason for him to say yes.

If anything Lesnar takes out Jericho to even more ensure Goldberg gets the title

Sephzilla

What's GWF?

Sephzilla is a bad promoter.

Joe vs Owens happened in NXT and honestly it kind of sucked

EDIT: Also I'm gonna bring this over into the February OT

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

Meltzer update on Rollins:

So the match is on.

Good. It worked out for the best storywise.

Joe looks like a killer. Rollins can't get his revenge on Joe right away, keeping him strong. Seth fresh off a several week layoff will have the crowd popping big, he hobbles into Mania as the less than 100% babyface and beats the Game with his own move on the biggest stage of them all. Great shit.

Zach

Don't forget: if I don't win the GWF Championship, OwensIsNow and I are the Austin/Dude Love-inspired tag team known as The Z-Man Express.

Zach

Remember how I bought my brother WWE 2K17? He just texted me "So I'm playing WWE and I hit Lesnar with Roman Reigns' finisher 8 times and Lesnar still won."

My takeaway: Roman Reigns is #OVER.

Oh, follow-up text: "You only get like 4 choices when it's downloading content so I picked him because of his great look and the superman punch would be a unique and believable finisher as opposed to the spear. I hear he has the charisma and mic skills of a park bench though."

There's a lot of stuff to digest here. #CasualFanz

Syder

With Rollins' having two injuries under his belt and being fresh off a second one where he was already lacking a bit in the ring from the first one when he fights HHH I can't see this match being very good.
People should get used to the idea of Rollins missing a few months every year.

Beefy

Remember how I bought my brother WWE 2K17? He just texted me "So I'm playing WWE and I hit Lesnar with Roman Reigns' finisher 8 times and Lesnar still won."

Oh, follow-up text: "You only get like 4 choices when it's downloading content so I picked him because of his great look and the superman punch would be a unique and believable finisher as opposed to the spear. I hear he has the charisma and mic skills of a park bench though."

Would still prefer a park bench to Roman.

Heroman

Banned

Why do you hate your brother so much?

Top Bottom