• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Can you explain why US indie production is so so so shit. Even EVOLVE, while competent, has just the most drab, perfunctory presentation possible.

Indies don't pay shit and ask for the moon

EVOLVE's crew is legit good because everything goes in like clockwork but even then that's a fire drill

Jamie OD

Can you explain why US indie production is so so so shit. Even EVOLVE, while competent, has just the most drab, perfunctory presentation possible.

I want to say budget may have a reason to do with it. There's not a lot of money in wrestling and a lot of indy shows everywhere would be on shoestring budgets and presentation could be the last thing on their minds while running the show. Japan can do it because most of those companies are proper companies with hired staff to produce the video clips and promos. Whereas everywhere else its more or less a mercenary task or some guy's hobby going out of control.

One other thing about Europe becoming a hot territory. We've been starved for regular pro wrestling for decades and had been drip fed yearly house shows from WWE/TNA and special events from ROH/NOAH/DG.

I love that Combate Americas thinks that they can build an actual profitable PPV MMA company on the back of Alberto Del Rio and Paige.

Like where can I sign up to be that delusional.

Zach

ENYjddP.jpg

Eddie's widow accepting his Hall of Fame induction. GOAT Sherri giving her emotional support. ;_;

Striker

Worst was probably when RVD was champion and had a title defence against Edge in the middle of a PPV instead of the main event. It didn't even have a semi-main event spot, there was something like 3 advertised matches that happened afterwards.

Googling it says it was Vengeance 2006.
DX had to main event against the Spirit Squad, breh.

Progress, and from the Rev stuff I've seen, aren't out of this world but they're still better than what I've seen from ROH and PWG.

Progress, and from the Rev stuff I've seen, aren't out of this world but they're still better than what I've seen from ROH and PWG.

PROGRESS is ok. I don't like Rev, they miss a lot of things and are very spastdic on camera.

PWG from like 06-08 blew the doors off everything until they realized that they didn't need to do any of that stuff

Sephzilla

I stand by my belief that you're the crazy one, Sephzilla. Hit us with the story anyway.

So, that girl I broke up with a while back because she got drunk and made out with someone else while we were together? Ok. So things were slowly on the mend for us again because we were talking again and she was super apologetic about the whole thing. After some decent conversations, and her basically telling me she loved me and practically begging to work things out, she came over to my place because we were going to talk things out. Apparently "talking things out" is her being generally negative the entire time and then getting upset because I don't have enthusiasm to fix things (because yeah, after all that negativity I'm totally going to). Then after she leaves my place, about 2 minutes later one of her best friends messages me with a screenshot of a Facebook conversation where said girl admits to nailing a different guy (the guy she cheated on me with the first time) the night before. So basically it made all of the shit she was telling me super suspect. After trying to get her to fess up to what she did she comes back to my apartment and she straight up lies to my face multiple times. Eventually it dawns on her that I know something, she gets the "oh shit I fucked up" face. Then after I told her to GTFO she basically sat in my apartment parking lot for almost an hour begging and pleading for me to forgive her.

PROGRESS is ok. I don't like Rev, they miss a lot of things and are very spastdic on camera.

PWG from like 06-08 blew the doors off everything until they realized that they didn't need to do any of that stuff

Rev Pro does seem kinda low rent, yeah. I know that as of late, they're doing live edits so that they can get the show out the next day, I don't know how much that affects, but the edit machine looks fancy.

PWG is a weird thing. I'm not a huge fan of the way they do business and I think Super Dragon has some dumb opinions, but at the same time they seem to be doing fine so what do I know.

Like some never was jobber I have finally plucked up the courage to return to WrassleGAF.

*handshakes & bag carrying all round *

Recently subscribed to Progress on Demand. Best sub I've made in a LONG time. Started watching from the very beginning and I'm now at chapter 18ish. Enjoying it so much, the turn of Jimmy Havoc is just so well done and him keeping hold of the title for so long makes it feel like it actually means something. Watching so many names I've heard thrown around the UK indy scene just starting out is awesome too.

Also kicked off this year to a good start with seeing 3 live shows already (2 BWP and 1 WCPW) Considering either a second sub or maybe sharing a sub with a friend. Any recommendations? I'm kind of drawn towards ICW or WCPW cause it's more UK indy guys and the WCPW Kirbymania show was good even with a fairly mediocre Cody Rhodes match as one of the 'big' matches.

Heroman

Banned
Kanemaru/Desperado vs. KUSHIDA/Kawato 2.75

Kojima/Tenzan/Nagata vs. Henare/Oka/Yoshitatsu 2.75

Ospreay/Gedo/Jado vs. Shibata/Liger/Tiger 2

Yoshi-Hashi vs. Iizuka 1.25

Tanahashi/Elgin/Nakanishi/Taguchi/Dragon Lee vs. LIJ 3.5

RPG Vice vs. TAKA/Taichi 2.5

Goto vs. Juice 3.25

Ishii/Yano vs. KES vs. GBH 3.5

Okada vs. Suzuki 4.75

tumblr_nho6cxN7nR1sbzhteo1_400.gif

As much as I want to like Cody Rhodes, yeah, I haven't been impressed with any of his post WWE stuff.

And there was me hoping for a GWF Developmental Deal! :(

Yeah I watched some of the Wrestle Kingdom match and it was just 'yeah that was decent' I think he has a good run in him but it needs to be somewhere where he has a feud with someone so story and mic time come into play cause matches that just play on his in-ring ability are always just going to seem a bit meh.

*EDIT: Also sorry to read about your lady troubles, sounds like a bag of bums.

Beefy

So, that girl I broke up with a while back because she got drunk and made out with someone else while we were together? Ok. So things were slowly on the mend for us again because we were talking again and she was super apologetic about the whole thing. After some decent conversations, and her basically telling me she loved me and practically begging to work things out, she came over to my place because we were going to talk things out. Apparently "talking things out" is her being generally negative the entire time and then getting upset because I don't have enthusiasm to fix things (because yeah, after all that negativity I'm totally going to). Then after she leaves my place, about 2 minutes later one of her best friends messages me with a screenshot of a Facebook conversation where said girl admits to nailing a different guy (the guy she cheated on me with the first time) the night before. So basically it made all of the shit she was telling me super suspect. After trying to get her to fess up to what she did she comes back to my apartment and she straight up lies to my face multiple times. Eventually it dawns on her that I know something, she gets the "oh shit I fucked up" face. Then after I told her to GTFO she basically sat in my apartment parking lot for almost an hour begging and pleading for me to forgive her.

So many crazy people about. One of my exs did basically the same, she had major trust issues so use to follow me everywhere. When I ended it , she used to lean against a street light outside my house until late.

Cody's indie run to this point has been so transparently nepotistic and has produced such mediocre matches at every turn that I just get annoyed when I have to see him paired up with someone I like.

Sephzilla

She was messaging me literally all night last night trying to say she was sorry and to get me to talk to her. In the last hour she's tried messaging me on Facebook, Snapchat, and through text message.

This lady's baggage requires a goddamn 747

Cody's indie run to this point has been so transparently nepotistic and has produced such mediocre matches at every turn that I just get annoyed when I have to see him paired up with someone I like.

It's basically him checking off a list of things he wanted to do like BOLA and The Dome

She was messaging me literally all night last night trying to say she was sorry and to get me to talk to her. In the last hour she's tried messaging me on Facebook, Snapchat, and through text message.

This lady's baggage requires a goddamn 747

Why you causin' trouble trouble trouble trouble

It's basically him checking off a list of things he wanted to do like BOLA and The Dome

It is. He's using his name to get matches with all his indie heroes. And he's failed to be decent in any of them. When you are the bad side of a match with Mike Bennett, you need to reevaluate.

klonere

Banned
So glad I got my friend to buy my OTT ticket for me.

Paying for it with a burrito and beers.

Ah I should have done this! Fucking meetings, a plague on them all. I'm going to grab a GA but look out for any ringside tickets that come up.

Kanemaru/Desperado vs. KUSHIDA/Kawato 2.75

Kojima/Tenzan/Nagata vs. Henare/Oka/Yoshitatsu 2.75

Ospreay/Gedo/Jado vs. Shibata/Liger/Tiger 2

Yoshi-Hashi vs. Iizuka 1.25

Tanahashi/Elgin/Nakanishi/Taguchi/Dragon Lee vs. LIJ 3.5

RPG Vice vs. TAKA/Taichi 2.5

Goto vs. Juice 3.25

Ishii/Yano vs. KES vs. GBH 3.5

Okada vs. Suzuki 4.75

Dave....

Percy Watson is like a slightly better Otunga when it comes to reciting scripted/fed lines, also sounded like some of his lines were redone/dubbed in.

During Smackdown WWE kept saying the New Elimination Chamber.

Does that mean it's going to have a different design? I'm driving from Los Angeles to Phoenix this weekend for the event.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've made it a little smaller.

Like some never was jobber I have finally plucked up the courage to return to WrassleGAF.

*handshakes & bag carrying all round *

Recently subscribed to Progress on Demand. Best sub I've made in a LONG time. Started watching from the very beginning and I'm now at chapter 18ish. Enjoying it so much, the turn of Jimmy Havoc is just so well done and him keeping hold of the title for so long makes it feel like it actually means something. Watching so many names I've heard thrown around the UK indy scene just starting out is awesome too.

Also kicked off this year to a good start with seeing 3 live shows already (2 BWP and 1 WCPW) Considering either a second sub or maybe sharing a sub with a friend. Any recommendations? I'm kind of drawn towards ICW or WCPW cause it's more UK indy guys and the WCPW Kirbymania show was good even with a fairly mediocre Cody Rhodes match as one of the 'big' matches.
Thanks for getting the bags m9

Sub wise, depends what you like really. ATTACK, OTT and Fight Club don't do subs, but are definitely the up and coming names on the UK scene, Rev Pro do the big indie dream matches with UK guys, ICW and WCPW are what they are, if you like their product, then their services are good.

Zach

So... did you get her to sign up for GWF or what?

Top Bottom