• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

CZW stuff:

David Starr beat Matt Riddle for the PROGRESS Atlas Title, then it got ruled a double DQ so neither guy lost their title lolCZW

Also Jimmy Havoc got announced for Tournament of Death, which is cool AF.

NJPW has really been fucking killing it already this year. Both NB shows were amazing and WK11 was incredible.

Crazy how many great matches there has been and it is only mid February.

Sephzilla

Alright, this part timer wants to sign his GFW Legends contract.

What do I need to provide?

Joe vs Owens happened in NXT and honestly it kind of sucked

EDIT: Also I'm gonna bring this over into the February OT

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

Keep note, the GWF roster is pretty full. So not everyone will get constant TV time. Perfect for part timers!

CZW Update:

fuck zandig

i5L0k3ZNNEWCB.gif

oXYyiJ4.gif

So a sad derail but I'm 22 and I got back into wrestling after the last wrestlemania. Today on the network is went and watched a bunch of 03-04 stuff and started researching what happened to benoit, one of my favorites as a kid.

I began to research what happened but I'm still confused about what happened when he did all that terrible unbearable shit. With interviews, reports, and podcasts like talk is Jericho but I still don't know why he did that shit.

Was is just a extreme mental breakdown or what? I have had several mental breakdowns in my life but I never felt like killing and I can't understand wtf happened. Is there any facts about what happened or is it all speculation?

Man, that Naito/Elgin match was incredible.

I reckon Meltz will give it 5 stars.

So a sad derail but I'm 22 and I got back into wrestling after the last wrestlemania. Today on the network is went and watched a bunch of 03-04 stuff and started researching what happened to benoit, one of my favorites as a kid.

I began to research what happened but I'm still confused about what happened when he did all that terrible unbearable shit. With interviews, reports, and podcasts like talk is Jericho but I still don't know why he did that shit.

Was is just a extreme mental breakdown or what? I have had several mental breakdowns in my life but I never felt like killing and I can't understand wtf happened. Is there any facts about what happened or is it all speculation?

Only speculation. Personally I'd go with http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3560015 + his two best friends dying, but it's impossible to say for sure. They certainly didn't help.

Years of steroid abuse and concussions.
Man, that Naito/Elgin match was incredible.

I reckon Meltz will give it 5 stars.
I can't believe I got worked even kinda almost knowing the finish.

No one really knows and will ever really know.

Just got out of the NXT house show in Albany NY. Only notable people missing from the show: the Revival.

Top Guys winning the turmoil tomorrow

No way to know.

The common excuse now is dementia and other mental issues brought on after countless concussions and brain trauma plus drug abuse, personal stress and his best friend suddenly dying the previous year building a powder keg that eventually popped. Dude also had obvious issues that went ignored (memory problems, mood swings) until it was too late.

YOOOOOOO I FINISHED THE NEW BEGINNING IN OSAKA

Shibata vs FUCKING OSPREAY

Suzukigun (ICHIBAN) VS CHAOS

Takahashi vs Dragon Lee with TAGUCHI POPPING OFF

ELGIN VS NAITO? 2017 HAS BEEN AMAZING

Wouldn't mind seeing GoD in WWE, but then they would to tone down the shit they say.
Camacho returning to WWE!!!

But I wouldn't mind seeing them at all. They better have a killer beat in their WWE theme.

tm24

Soo, ummm, did anyone else see the dumb gasoline fire spot making the rounds today? I know Bootaay would love it

I don't hear a lot of things about the wrestling scene in Mexico around here. Is Lucha Underground the only big thing for Lucha Libre right now?

Nah, CMLL is good for the most part. It's just a dumb holding pattern for 3-4 more months before they start building to the Anniversary show

Top Bottom