• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Signed up to powerbomb.tv - 10 day free trial, it's full of sleazy indie lucha libre, friends;

mTWV8HY.gif

hamsjams

thats a cool story. and yeah i'd imagine the number of people who saw two number #1 entrants win must be fairly small. Also i love how Owen and Bret maintained kayfabe constantly

The time of total kayfabe is never coming back; neither fans nor wrestlers want it. But I do wish current wrestlers would take kayfabe just a little more seriously. It has a well-deserved reputation as the exploitative product of con men trying to cheat suckers out of money with fake tough-guy bravado, but I've always seen kayfabe less as hustlers wanting to lie to you and more like magicians not wanting you to know how a trick is done. Similarly to how movies generally don't want you to notice that they're movies while you watch them.

Seeing the way Bret, Owen, Scott Hall, Paul Bearer, and The Undertaker conducted themselves back then played a major part in the development of that opinion. My family knew it wasn't real, and even as a little kid that desperately wanted to be a true believer part of me still knew, too. The way they interacted with me and my family felt like a parent that wanted me to keep believing in Santa Claus, not so much like carnies trying to get one over.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that social media would make kayfabe harder to maintain, but it would probably actually be easier; kayfabe is just a carefully crafted image of yourself that shows to the world, and just about every person who uses social media does exactly that anyway, to varying degrees.

That Scott story is great. He seems like a good guy that was tormented by his demons. Was Davey Boy fooked?

I've always been a fan of Scott Hall since then, even from afar. As well as I can remember Davey Boy rode up to the hotel without a helmet, was largely unintelligible, and was sweating profusely. I'm not sure if he was fooked or just british.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will AJ jump from the top of a chamber and kill himself for no reason since he's curtain jerking Mania?

And will AJ be the first one eliminated to piss off everyone?

OfYGY.gif

I've always been a fan of Scott Hall since then, even from afar. As well as I can remember Davey Boy rode up to the hotel without a helmet, was largely unintelligible, and was sweating profusely. I'm not sure if he was fooked or just british.
LMFAO
How could that match involve a McMahon stealing the spotlight tho?
The match is really about Shane. Will he throw in the towel to end AJ's suffering, or will he respect AJ's wishes?

Pikma

Banned
LMFAO

The match is really about Shane. Will he throw in the towel to end AJ's suffering, or will he respect AJ's wishes?
Of course it's about Shane

It's a McMahon versus the current hottest wrestler in the world part 6353

You can bet your ass Vince would replace Shane if he could

i dont see how people can care about who wins tonight when its leading to a singles match with orton

That is pretty much what is making me wonder if I can be even bothered watching it.

The Arkham Horror Card Game just got delivered. I think I'd prefer to spend the day playing it solitaire.

TheFuzz

Wait a second, friends, is EC tonight?

Was planning on watching the OJ miniseries on Netflix. Maybe I should watch EC.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not even going to bother using another payment method and getting a free month of WWE Network and canceling, instead I'll just reup right before Mania and watch Fastlane and Chamber of Secrets a few nights before.

As someone who just got back into wrestling for the first time in over 10 years and subscribed to the WWE network,
How in the world do they get away with that value including the PPVs?

I demand my title shot against Sephzilla next week. I earned it in the MiTB.

As someone who just got back into wrestling for the first time in over 10 years and subscribed to the WWE network,
How in the world do they get away with that value including the PPVs?
I believe they originally expected about 4 million subscribers lol. Only at 1.5 mil

I believe they originally expected about 4 million subscribers lol. Only at 1.5 mil

Yep. That and barely any of said 1.5 mil regularly watches anything in the archives (and before someone asks, yes Dave's confirmed this, multiple times, and I know someone will ask because it's been asked here, multiple times)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They want 4 million but are profitable somewhere above 750,000.

The value is so great that it was a hard choice to drop it even for two months for me. 9.99 is most of the time worth not driving to a bar or even finding a good stream on the intertrons. That's just for the live PPVs. NXT? Takeovers? Exclusive shows? The entire vault? It's a fantastic deal.

Rimfya

Banned
Yep. That and barely any of said 1.5 mil regularly watches anything in the archives (and before someone asks, yes Dave's confirmed this, multiple times, and I know someone will ask because it's been asked here, multiple times)

I would watch more of the archives if it didn't have such a clunky UI and was better organised.

Top Bottom