• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

I've recently acquired a full time desk job, and found myself with a ton of podcast time. I've got the bases covered with games, comedy, and dnd, but are there any great (preferably humorous and insightful) wrasslin' casts? I've got TIJ so far, but any other suggestions?

https://soundcloud.com/newgenpodcast

They're doing a chronological trip throughout the New Generation era, starting with the end of Hulkamania at KOTR '93 and beginning with the rise of the Attitude era at Wrestlemania XIV, with occasional detours into whatever WCW or ECW were doing at the time. They've been on hiatus for a couple months due to some personal issues, and are just about to get into the biggest event of the run, Survivor Series '97, so it's a perfect time to catch up.

I'm sorry, the correct response was "I'm a Freebird; what's your excuse?"

(R.I.P. strobogo)

I actually got to see this monstrosity when I viewed the PPV that had this entrance on it when I had the network. My reaction to viewing it then was the same as now... Hayes is the worst.

tumblr_n2n27cudlu1sbqspto1_400.gif

I'm not really looking forward to when HHH and Stephanie run the company like some are but boy I can't wait for when their first order of business is firing Kevin Dunn.

There's no way Vince doesn't have Dunn's job security written into his will. (apologies for double post - I guess WrassleGAF's ratings are down and things aren't moving as fast as I expected)

Suplexer

I've recently been going back and forth on whether or not I want to continue to financially support WWE with how all-in they are on Trump. I pulled my Network sub but I feel like such a hypocrite for continuing to watch every week on Hulu....

Did GAF love Harper v. Orton as much as I, and seemingly the rest of the internet, did? I wasn't here for the Chamber reactions.

Mahonay

Banned
I've recently been going back and forth on whether or not I want to continue to financially support WWE with how all-in they are on Trump. I pulled my Network sub but I feel like such a hypocrite for continuing to watch every week on Hulu....

Did GAF love Harper v. Orton as much as I, and seemingly the rest of the internet, did? I wasn't here for the Chamber reactions.
I've long since accepted that I'm selling part of my soul by watching WWE.

I really enjoyed Harper vs Orton too. I think Harper likely really showed his value to the company with that match. Dude is capable of making guys like Randy step it up a bit.

Zach

I probably check out the front page once a day. I go a long time forgetting about /r/squaredcircle and then pop in after months. And then I'll see stuff like TONY SCHIAVONE AMA and I'm excited.

But there are dumb people everywhere doing dumb things all the time. But that doesn't make everyone around them dumb.

I hate you guys.

Heroman

Banned

Depends on how much people like Randy, I thought it was alright to good teir.

I probably check out the front page once a day. I go a long time forgetting about /r/squaredcircle and then pop in after months. And then I'll see stuff like TONY SCHIAVONE AMA and I'm excited.

But there are dumb people everywhere doing dumb things all the time. But that doesn't make everyone around them dumb.

I hate you guys.

but on a curve we end up being A+

Suplexer

I've long since excepted that I'm selling part of my soul by watching WWE.

I really enjoyed Harper vs Orton too. I think Harper likely really showed his value to the company with that match. Dude is capable of making guys like Randy step it up a bit.

I can't wait until people like Zayn and....other progressive minds are the veterans at WWE and lead the locker room. Cena seems like an alright fellow, although I don't dare search for which way he leans politically and ruin my image of him, but dudes like Orton and Vince just seem so out of touch.

It's pretty crazy that both Bray and Harper are finally getting the shots they deserve at the same time. It's insane that this is the first WWE title win for Bray, how the hell did it not happen sooner?

Strax

There's no way Vince doesn't have Dunn's job security written into his will. (apologies for double post - I guess WrassleGAF's ratings are down and things aren't moving as fast as I expected)

You can't write stuff like that in a will. He can request it.

Zach

Speaking of Mahonay being a racist, we've been watching The People v. O.J. Simpson and it's pretty good. It's not blowing my mind like people said it would, though. Pfft.

Bill fucking Watts ran WCW for a time. King racist.

Defo not King, he at least pushed black stars consistently and treated them ok.

Verne Gagne didn't even want more then one of them at a time in his territory. I'd crown him imo. I'm sure there are even worse then him that I don't know about.

Mahonay

Banned
Defo not King, he at least pushed black stars consistently and treated them ok.

Verne Gagne didn't even want more then one of them at a time in his territory. I'd crown him imo. I'm sure there are even worse then him that I don't know about.
If you want a business and you put money in, why shouldn't you be able to discriminate? It's your business.

If free enterprise is going to make or break it, you should be able to discriminate? It should be that, by God, if you're going to open your doors in America, you can discriminate. Why the fuck not?

That's why I went into business, so that I could discriminate. I mean, really. I mean I want to be able to serve who I want to. It's my business. It's my investment ... I can't tell a fag to get the fuck out. I should have the right to not associate with a fag if I don't want to. I mean, why should I have to hire a fuckin' fag, if I don't like fags? Fags discriminate against us, don't they? Sure they do ... Do blacks discriminate against whites?

Who's killed more blacks than anyone? The fuckin' blacks. But they want to blame that bullshit Roots that came on the air. That Roots was so bullshit. All you have to do if you want slaves is to hand beads to the chiefs and they gave you slaves. What is the best thing that has ever happened to the black race? That they were brought to this country. No matter how they got here. You know why? Because they intermarried and got educated. They're the ones running the black race.

You go down to the black countries and they're all broke. Idi Amin killed more blacks than we ever killed. You see what I mean. That's how stupid we are. But we get all caught up in this bullshit rhetoric, And so, it's ridiculous what's happening to our country.

Lester Maddox was right. If I don't want to sell fried chicken to blacks I shouldn't have to. It's my restaurant. Hell, at least I respect him for his stand.

- Cowboy Bill Watts
I dunno seems pretty fucking eligible to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE employs Michael Hayes in 2017. In a position of power. For decades.

A man who told Mark Henry that he was 'more black than him' while carrying around a confederate flag.

Top Bottom