• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Mahonay

Banned
WWE employs Michael Hayes in 2017. In a position of power. For decades.

A man who told Mark Henry that he was 'more black than him' while carrying around a confederate flag.
WWE will always be a racist as fuck company to me with Michael Hayes still employed after everything he's done.

Heroman

Banned
The history of African Americans in Wrestling promotion would a amazing book or documentary. Given how pro wrestling works it must have been a up mountain battle for guys like Bear cat Wright and Jyd to get over.

Zach

Also, Seph, do you think the GWF deserves its own OT?

Hmmm... there's a thought. Seems like the GWF might be too big and annoying for WrassleGAF, but too small and niche for its own thread.

Man, what a pickle! I'd hate to be in Sephzillo's shoes right now!

Sephzilla

Also, Seph, do you think the GWF deserves its own OT?

Eh, not yet? Lets give it some time. Also, to be perfectly honest, an OT thread would probably result in a huge boom of entries that I can't handle.

I don't mean to come off sounding exclusive but I'd sorta like it keep it a WrassleGAF thing.

It drove me crazy too. Fucking stupid.

Although the "You Deserve It" chants were not as bad as he's making it sound. The other half of the crowd seemed to be doing their best to drown it out.

I think they exaggerated their point which is making the overall message get lost.

But like they said, the belt is a knock around belt now. It's a story piece and not a "reward" like it was 10,15, 20 years ago.

if they put the belt on Ellsworth they'll pribably fucking chant "YOU DESERVE IT"

Metlzer ranting about the "You Deserve It" chant: https://clyp.it/curffzz3

If the belt wasn't so meaningless I'd disagree with him, but the belt is a fucking joke at this point.

Though I like most of the chants, overusing them is annoying, agree.

Hmmm... there's a thought. Seems like the GWF might be too big and annoying for WrassleGAF, but too small and niche for its own thread.

Man, what a pickle! I'd hate to be in Sephzillo's shoes right now!

My thoughts exactly

Eh, not yet? Lets give it some time. Also, to be perfectly honest, an OT thread would probably result in a huge boom of entries that I can't handle.

I don't mean to come off sounding exclusive but I'd sorta like it keep it a WrassleGAF thing.

If it becomes a big thing, I can help you out! No worries.

Just give me an undeserving title shot/SPOILER]

klonere

Banned

Yeah I think keeping it in house is a better idea for all involved right now.

Who would you say is the best promo in wrestling today?

I have been watching savage and Jake promos on YouTube and can recall anyone today that is compelling

Wow, Jarrett truly is the master carny.
His meeting with ITV is apparently to pitch the idea of him taking over creative, which would suggest TNA have an avenue for getting their talent back on UK TV. And not just on some crappy digital channel, but one of the biggest broadcasters in the country

I think it's best Sting vs Taker stays as a what could have been. If someone they were to have a match in their current state the imagination we have of the match would be killed and not lived up to.

Sephzilla

They should have pulled the trigger on Taker/Sting at WM31. Taker could still decently go at that point and Sting had enough in the tank too.

Taker and Sting finally being on the same WM card and not against each other was a colossal fuck up.

klonere

Banned
His meeting with ITV is apparently to pitch the idea of him taking over creative, which would suggest TNA have an avenue for getting their talent back on UK TV. And not just on some crappy digital channel, but one of the biggest broadcasters in the country

I just...I don't understand. How does he keep doing this.

giphy.gif

How do him and cornette continue to be involved in so much wrestling stuff?

Sephzilla

The only times the "you deserve it" chant were completely fine was Daniel Bryan the night after WM30, and Sami Zayn after winning the NXT title

So the battle royal is for who gets Orton's WM shot? What happens there to whoever wins it?

Is Orton gonna have his own actions turned on him and get mania 22'd.

Raw64life

lol. I might watch TNA for the first time in years just to see that.

Nevermind just the fact that TNA still exists, but after all these years it's still Tits N Ass Wrestling. They made some attempts to distance themselves from the name but never went all the way and they've had plenty of chances to do so. Which isn't to say that I'm surprised. Nothing that company does can surprise me at this point.

Zach

Who would you say is the best promo in wrestling today?

I have been watching savage and Jake promos on YouTube and can recall anyone today that is compelling

The best today? No one. When I watch modern wrassle, it's either WWE or WWE, Jr. and dudes don't even do promos. They're all just reciting memorized lines.

[sings "Hem of Your Garment"]

The only times the "you deserve it" chant were completely fine was Daniel Bryan the night after WM30, and Sami Zayn after winning the NXT title
I think the worst case was when Sasha beat Charlotte the second time for the belt and she got the chants AGAIN when she first won the belt and got the chants a month or two.

Recall

Playing WCW/NWO Revenge and Roddy Piper's taunt of hopping on one leg with his head cocked to one side is the pinnacle of sports entertainment.

The computer spammed the shit out of the taunt then destroyed me with his punch combo special that ends in the super eye poke. It was one hell of an 8 man gauntlet elimination match.

I've told you guys that the only chant I've ever chanted was FIGHT FOREVER for Sam Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamauro. You all spit on me and yelled and stuff but it felt appropriate at the time. I don't regret it.
And now all of the other #marks chant it for 3 star matches to say "us too! we are also watching a special match!"

Hope you're proud of yourself, Zach

Top Bottom