• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

The Club.

Shoot: Horizon is gonna blow Zelda out of the water.
That's actually hilarious and I could see it. NWO jabronies come out for a too sweet party then SWERVE

Also yeah I totally agree. The world and story is far more interesting to me, everything appealing to me about BOTW is what's appealing about every Zelda game: the fact that it's a Zelda game

number47

Part timers were put higher than him in the biggest show, so justified. Owens and Jericho should feel the same way if Goldberg vs Lesnar is the main event.
technically it was just one part timer. punk thought a triple threat could work. but it wasn't needed.
brock vs Goldberg cancel out each other. Unless someone wants to argue why they get to fight on the biggest stage. and it's cuz money.

The Club.

Its always fun to see the opinions mature on each zelda game.

At release they are the best game ever! then 6 months on its the worst game in the serine.

Gonna be fun to see how BOTW is seen. So far IMO it seems all art style. Everything about the actual game seems lifted from a 10 year old design doc.

Sephzilla

Horizon is going to blow people away with super pretty graphics that mask some of the games other issues. Which is basically standard operating procedure for Guerrilla Games. So if you're cool with that, then you know what you're getting into.

Zelda is going to get glowing reviews because it's Zelda and nobody calls that franchise out. But everything that they're touting about that game as new cool shit you can do is cool new shit tons of other open world games have been doing since the Xbox 360 was released. Also, the open world still looks super empty.

Kaladin

Horizon is going to blow people away with super pretty graphics that mask some of the games other issues. Which is basically standard operating procedure for Guerrilla Games. So if you're cool with that, then you know what you're getting into.

Zelda is going to get glowing reviews because it's Zelda and nobody calls that franchise out. But everything that they're touting about that game as new cool shit you can do is cool new shit tons of other open world games have been doing since the Xbox 360 was released. Also, the open world still looks super empty.

Yeah, I know going in Horizon is going to be a pretty open world with a decent story and repetitive side quests. I'm okay with this with how unique it seems to be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Despite being in the middle of a Nitro rewatch and really digging the RR I'm cancelling the WWE Network for a month or two, along with a ton of other subscription services, to seed more money into my entertainment budget for the Switch launch. This way I plan on going from one launch title to 2-3.

Lol at the other guy saying Rich got signed after the CWC
This motherfucker said the Charlotte of the division. Is Neville about to kill the division and make it boring? I think not. But the Swann criticism, maybe you know Vince tells him to go out there and dance and shit. It seems very Vince like to me. If Rich were serious, he'd be money. His promos against Neville have been good and gives you a taste of him.

Sephzilla

You guys shoot here but would you shoot in a Zelda thread ;) You Chicken heels!

we aren't stupid.

the last time i made a negative comment about BOTW on gaming side this gif basically happened to me

SL0iEWU.gif

I'm really not that into open world games, didn't finish the Witcher III, but for some reason Horizon seems to me the perfect blend of open worldness, things to do, and an actual interesting setting that will hopefully will make me care about the story.

I'm not feeling all that from BOTW.

Despite being in the middle of a Nitro rewatch and really digging the RR I'm cancelling the WWE Network for a month or two, along with a ton of other subscription services, to seed more money into my entertainment budget for the Switch launch. This way I plan on going from one launch title to 2-3.
HOKHGt.gif

Hasney

Horizon just looks like an Ubi world, with added detriment of her never shutting the fuck up. I've also never like a Guerrilla unless it was the Cambridge office.

Still on the fence though, not totally written it off yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nintendo haters hating on Nintendo and Bomberman games that definitely don't look like trash.
:'(

This thread has become oddly anti Nintendo lately. This was a good place to talk about them up to a few months ago but we got some real haters in here now.

Hasney

This thread has become oddly anti Nintendo lately. This was a good place to talk about them up to a few months ago but we got some real haters in here now.

I mean, I can see why. You can't get the Network on it and WWE 2k18 might not come out for it. That's all this thread thirsts for.

I just dont get how any adult can be excited for switch. I outgrew Nintendo 12 years ago. I really don't get it. I get excited for power and graphics at my age. We are entering the 4k and 8 k era, and Nintendo is always 1-2 generations behind.

Kaladin

I just dont get how any adult can be excited for switch. I outgrew Nintendo 12 years ago. I really don't get it.

The concept of a console that can be played as a handheld is something any gamer can get behind.

They priced me out of the market though with $80 controllers and super expensive accessories.

Menome

Even at the time, I didn't think Ocarina Of Time was worth more than 8/10.

Majora's Mask is a 9/10 that improves on what the previous game did with its own inventive mechanics.

I've not enjoyed a single 3D Zelda game since. I would buy them. I would play them for hours. Then I would realise that I was just bored and had no passion to ever finish.

As such, Breath Of The Wild is the first Zelda game that I'm just not going to bother with. I'm not a fan of Skyrim's wide-and-shallow gameplay and I really don't care for the idea of it applied to Zelda, no matter how polished the overall product is.

orioto

Good Art™
I just dont get how any adult can be excited for switch. I outgrew Nintendo 12 years ago. I really don't get it. I get excited for power and graphics at my age. We are entering the 4k and 8 k era, and Nintendo is always 1-2 generations behind.

So basically modern gaming is Ultimate Warrior, Nintendo gaming are indie geeks and you're Vince McMahon

I apologize for hating Nintendo, friend. Bomberman definitely does not look like Star Fox Zero (another excellent, visually appealing game)

Nintendo 4 Life, brothers. More high quality exclusives in the first year of the Switch than Xbox One has had in its entire existence.

still love my bone, I'm just sayin'

People want to kill me when I say Twilight Princess is a Zelda game I enjoyed more than Ocarina of Time.

Although we all know Link to the Past is the GOAT of the series.

Sephzilla

I'd be way more interested in the Switch if it was $50 cheaper and all of its accessories were about $20 cheaper. And if basic online functionality stuff wasn't shoved onto my phone.

People want to kill me when I say Twilight Princess is a Zelda game I enjoyed more than Ocarina of Time.

If you enjoyed Twilight Princess you basically enjoyed Ocarina of Time, they're almost the same damn thing

Pikma

Banned
The Club.

no it's not

but zelda won't be that great either. hype is way too high, people are expecting too much.

Shoot: Both of these games are going to be Dragon Age: Inquisitions. Games that get glowing reviews that are actually mediocre and repetitive as hell
Here's the real shoot motherfuckers:

Video game comparisons are stupid

As stupid as people arguing about Okada vs Omega and AJ vs Cena

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Although we all know Link to the Past is the GOAT of the series.

Link's Awakening is better.

TP might be better than OOT. I prefer how damage scales in OOT better but they fixed that with the remake. The dungeons are definitely better in TP.

Pikma

Banned
Even at the time, I didn't think Ocarina Of Time was worth more than 8/10.

Majora's Mask is a 9/10 that improves on what the previous game did with its own inventive mechanics.

I've not enjoyed a single 3D Zelda game since. I would buy them. I would play them for hours. Then I would realise that I was just bored and had no passion to ever finish.

As such, Breath Of The Wild is the first Zelda game that I'm just not going to bother with. I'm not a fan of Skyrim's wide-and-shallow gameplay and I really don't care for the idea of it applied to Zelda, no matter how polished the overall product is.
Good, the farther the curse of menome is from things I enjoy the better

Here's the real shoot motherfuckers:

Video game comparisons are stupid

As stupid as people arguing about Okada vs Omega and AJ vs Cena
But they're both big open world games with evil robots in an overgrown post-apocalyptic world where society has reverted to the primitive, that will disappoint buyers

Raw64life

Don't you watch TNA in 2017?

Promised myself to never watch TNA ever again when they went back to the shit sided ring. Best wrestling decision I ever made.
worst wrestling decision I ever made was spending $300+ to see the squared circle vomit that was WM29.

I get excited about fun gameplay, which Nintendo still provides me with.

I'd be way more interested in the Switch if it was $50 cheaper and all of its accessories were about $20 cheaper. And if basic online functionality stuff wasn't shoved onto my phone.

If you enjoyed Twilight Princess you basically enjoyed Ocarina of Time, they're almost the same damn thing

I agree it could be taken as a sequel, but it expands so much more on the foundations of OoT obviously due to hardware and level design. The dungeons are so much fun and I don't remember a single shred of frustration while playing them unlike some in Ocarina.

Top Bottom