• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

UberTag

At least when CM Punk had to lose to The Rock for the belt, Rock was training and putting an effort it to put on a match. Goldberg isn't doing any of that. Owens is being tossed to do a job to a guy that was botching clotheslines in the Rumble match.
That match went 23 MINUTES and CM Punk considered that an act of disrespect due to having his record title reign ended by a part-timer.

Owens getting squashed in under a minute by a 50-year-old Goldberg is on a completely different level.

In order to be pissed off, you'd need to have a big ego in a fake sport.
KO should be lucky someone actually thought he was good enough to carry the strap for as long as he did. He's lucky Finn got hurt. Just like the guy who helped him win the title, getting hand me down lucky bs.

As much as I dislike Goldberg taking the title off of Owens and the Mania match with him and Lesnar unnecessairly being the title...

It was very smart writing to have Golberg add himself to the List of Jericho and have Jericho mad about it. They recognize that the List is over as fuck, and Jericho adding Goldberg to the list gives him face heat. So if Goldberg puts himself on the List, then he gets the cheers and Jericho gets booed for getting angry about it.

At the very least, they're making an effort to keep Goldberg face and Jericho heel, as they're supposed to be.

They should have had Lesnar win the title then drop it at Mania to Goldberg. I don't know how Goldberg losing is a Wrestlemania Happy Ending.

And the Enzo and Cass tag team title push begins.

raw

Nameless

What's the rationale behind putting the title on Goldberg? The belt does jack shit for his feud with Brock. Does he just want his son to see him as champ or something and this was part of contact?

Also in regards to AJ if the rumors are true and at this point it looks like it Bray Wyatt winning his first championship means more winning it from Cena than AJ (even though AJ > Cena)

Anth0ny

As much as I dislike Goldberg taking the title off of Owens and the Mania match with him and Lesnar unnecessairly being the title...

It was very smart writing to have Golberg add himself to the List of Jericho and have Jericho mad about it. They recognize that the List is over as fuck, and Jericho adding Goldberg to the list gives him face heat. So if Goldberg puts himself on the List, then he gets the cheers and Jericho gets booed for getting angry about it.

At the very least, they're making an effort to keep Goldberg face and Jericho heel, as they're supposed to be.

yeah that was smart.

also, the story coming out of mania is that jericho put owens in the title match, so when owens gets squashed that'll really start the owens vs jericho feud

only problem is owens looks like a complete jabroni so why the fuck do I care about that jobber facing jericho at mania, but I digress

ifI'm KO irl, I'm pissed I ran with the belt only to job to a limited series talent and walk into WM with nothing. Same with AJ

I just don't get it
I wouldn't, I'd understand Oldberg is a bigger draw than me and that's how DIS BIZNESS works. If I don't want part timers to "take my spot" I need to get myself so over that im irreplacable or be the guy that works with the part timers.

of course you have Vince who only likes certain looks and creative who can sabotage you with shit booking, storylines, and scripts but that's another thing to get pissed about.

Prediction:

Brock hoses Goldberg tonight, costing him the title.

Lesnar takes it from KO in Fastlane.

As far as Wrestlemania...

I'm going to bust out laughing if Mania ends with another Goldberg 40 second squash.

honestly, DM, I expect it. RAW writers are going out of their way to lead us off a cliff dangling carrots on a stick. They know we know the formula and have lately been using that to throw swerves our way.

I would bet cold cash Goldberg walks out champion.

Anth0ny

I wouldn't, I'd understand Oldberg is a bigger draw than me and that's how DIS BIZNESS works. If I don't want part timers to "take my spot" I need to get myself so over that im irreplacable or be the guy that works with the part timers.

of course you have Vince who only likes certain looks and creative who can sabotage you with shit booking, storylines, and scripts but that's another thing to get pissed about.

except every time you try to do that you are told to job to a part timer

how much more over do you want owens to get? he's been carrying raw for like 6 months with jericho.

*Points at CM Punk*

And no, those two are very interconnected things to get pissed about.

Catching up on Raw now. Samoa Joe looks much better in that suit.

Man, I had no clue what Goldberg was talking about when he came to the ring.

Lol at the upset Seth Rogan lookalike in a Punk shirt.

Catching up on Raw now. Samoa Joe looks much better in that suit.

Man, I had no clue what Goldberg was talking about when he came to the ring.

Lol at the upset Seth Rogan lookalike in a Punk shirt.
I remember Owens looking good in a suit. Maybe some different gear would make him not look like shit.

UberTag

Well you and everyone in this thread will be watching it so, whatever.
See... normally this would be a factual comment. And yet the Rumble was like the only WWE pay-per-view I've watched live in the past 6 months.
Hell, I haven't even watched Goldberg's first squash of Lesnar at Survivor Series yet.
The only match I've seen from that weekend involved The Revival at Takeover.

Why don't they pay tribute to black wrasslemen and wrasslewomen?

This is still nice but still

(obviously wrasslin is not exactly a shining beacon of racial equality but still)

Top Bottom