• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Bowser

The final Fast Lane card is actually pretty stacked:

Divas Title Match
Nikki Bella vs. Paige

Tag Titles Match
Usos vs. Brass Ring Club

IC Title Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett

Triple H confrontation with Sting

US Title Match
Cena vs. Rusev

#1 Contender's Match
Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

and I'm assuming they'll throw together Rollins/Show/Kane vs. Ziggler/Rowan/Ryback 6-man tag on SmackDown

UberTag

Damn solid Raw. Didn't even make me watch or do something else once.
Drunk Flair notwithstanding it was probably the best one they've had in weeks from a booking standpoint. Probably because they weren't habitually treading water for once.

Still only 5 matches and the Sting-Hunter promo booked for Fast Lane right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Drunk Flair notwithstanding it was probably the best one they've had in weeks from a booking standpoint. Probably because they weren't habitually treading water for once.

Still only 5 matches and the Sting-Hunter promo booked for Fast Lane right now.

Even Drunk Flair was on point though.

mr.rager

B-BIjNfCQAAMyl1.jpg

Lol that's Marcus Stroman and Aaron Sanchez of the Toronto Blue Jays.

thats now but brock had no offers a year ago.

UFC is desperate to get non roiders and Bellator has cash to spend.

Brock has had a UFC offer in play for a while now. UFC wants guys who draw. Brock draws. Brock has leverage. He knows this. He wouldn't extend his contract until his current one is up.

this makes so much sense now...

shaemus costs bryan the match at fastlane...

they've wanted to get shaemus over as a heel for a while now but never went through with it

At this point Lesnar is going to be the most over babyface at WM. This fucking 50/50 bullshit. They had the simplest and easiest WM main event angle in history right in the palm of their hands and threw it away to shoehorn a guy who was getting out popped on major ppv's last year by Jack freaking Swagger.

David vs. Goliath. That's it. Hook, line and sinker. Bryan would have actually been more over than last year if that was possible. If they were so desperate to get Reigns over they should have never ended the brand split, hid him on Smackdown and edit the fuck out of his promos and make him win the World title in the mid card at WM.

Sephzilla

Have Shaemus screw over Roman.

Shaemus gets his much needed heel turn. It sets up a program for Roman where he can work as a face and escape the Bryan heat. And then for next year's Rumble you have a built in Roman Redemption angle

I'm calling it now and not changing my prediction unless a rumor leaks between now and sunday before the show.

reigns is winning fast lane and taking on brock.

shaemus is going to cost bryan his title shot.

I'm really thinking this is possible at this point.

At this point Lesnar is going to be the most over babyface at WM. This fucking 50/50 bullshit. They had the simplest and easiest WM main event angle in history right in the palm of their hands and threw it away to shoehorn a guy who was getting out popped on major ppv's last year by Jack freaking Swagger.

David vs. Goliath. That's it. Hook, line and sinker. Bryan would have actually been more over than last year if that was possible. If they were so desperate to get Reigns over they should have never ended the brand split, hid him on Smackdown and edit the fuck out of his promos and make him win the World title in the mid card at WM.

Daniel Bryan will be the most over over babyface at WM. No doubt about that. Did you watch the Rumble? Same kind of crowd goes to Mania.

David vs. Goliath. That's it. Hook, line and sinker. Bryan would have actually been more over than last year if that was possible. If they were so desperate to get Reigns over they should have never ended the brand split, hid him on Smackdown and edit the fuck out of his promos and make him win the World title in the mid card at WM

they could of easily just put him in feuds with hhh and cena

Sephzilla

This is the same company that couldn't get Hogan vs Flair to headline a Wrestlemania. There is a precedent from them fucking up sure fire main events.

GreedZen

Banned
Promote me to main roster if old.

What rock have I been under.

Sensitive bad boy to grow that female demographic.
cisdeIb.jpg

5WjQP5g.png

WTbTklI.jpg

Armed robbery Book? Say it ain't so.
I wonder, did he do it....5 times. That is Book, right? lol
tqobOl5.jpg

Girl Bye
U214RLG.jpg

Gassed
X2jLDQV.jpg

UnBolieveable
7v5M7Ga.jpg

Uce
r7qnPBm.jpg

Lita lookin a bit methy. I hope not.
TA5ZeC2.jpg

Pv0Xjim.jpg

they are literally wasting their biggest star in a feud with rusev...

even if cena buries rusev it's still even a waste of a match for cena

they should of been building cena/reigns for WM and just went with brock/bryan

Toki767

Roman vs Sheamus sounds acceptable as a match.

If it's Roman vs Brock in a one on one match, that'll be such a disaster from multiple points. Least of which is that neither Roman or Brock can really carry a match on their own. Much as I love Brock, he can't carry a match unless he's beating the crap out of someone.

Triple Threat still seems like the best idea for Mania since Bryan will be there to create all the movement in the match. Less we get another Rock vs Cena 2 moment where it's 15 minutes of constant finishers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the same company that couldn't get Hogan vs Flair to headline a Wrestlemania. There is a precedent from them fucking up sure fire main events.

The crazy thing about Flair Hogan is that they tried it on the house shows and it BOMBED. Flair/Macho which they did try on the PPVs did much better.

The fact that its basically a guarantee that Lesner is leaving after WM and therefore a lock to lose the belt kind of means making the match a 3 way is the only way to add a bit of unpredictability to it.

If only WWE thought of that 2 months ago when planning the rumble.

Then again if they did think of that then we would probably be on the road to Orton vrs Reigns vrs Lesner right now

they could also bring back shaemus and have him get revenge on rusev, opening up for bryan vs cena at WM then having brock vs reigns

that would be alright

damn, I'm not sure what they are going to do now but I think shaemus will have a pretty important part at the PPV.

kinda heelish for shaemus to interfere though

The fact that its basically a guarantee that Lesner is leaving after WM and therefore a lock to lose the belt kind of means making the match a 3 way is the only way to add a bit of unpredictability to it.

If only WWE thought of that 2 months ago when planning the rumble.

Then again if they did think of that then we would probably be on the road to Orton vrs Reigns vrs Lesner right now

"Basically a guarantee"? Not even close. In fact those who would know (Meltzer, Keller) are saying the vibe is that he'll probably stick around, but his deal will be different. Some think he doesn't even want to go back to MMA, and that he's just using it for leverage against WWE.

"Basically a guarantee"? Not even close. In fact those who would know (Meltzer, Keller) are saying the vibe is that he'll probably stick around, but his deal will be different. Some think he doesn't even want to go back to MMA, and that he's just using it for leverage against WWE.

Given Brocks age I think this is his last shot at MMA. I think he is taking it no matter what.

He can always come back to WWE in 2 years but for UFC (or that other place) its now or never.

Given Brocks age I think this is his last shot at MMA. I think he is taking it no matter what.

He can always come back to WWE in 2 years but for UFC (or that other place) its now or never.

Brock's last shot in MMA was three and a half years ago. He'd get demolished by any top five guy. If he goes to Bellator and fights cans, sure. But they had better not be cans who can punch. And if he is doing it for pride, he won't go to Bellator. WWE offers him the easiest job for a damn good paycheck.

Top Bottom