• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Seems like the belt is spread... they didn't get the memo you need to carry two!

Bha_xTdCEAADinR.png:large

Just a heads up:

@courtbauer: Real talk: I’d buy your tickets RIGHT NOW for @RingofHonor War of the Worlds featuring New Japan for NYC as it’s going to sell out SOON.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love how NJPW and other promotions give a wrestler a tag or phrase with them, like Tetsuya Naito "Stardust Genius" or Shinsuke Nakamura the King of Strong Style - I wish WWE had that. Or did it right.

I'm constantly on the edge of my seat wondering "Will they or won't they?".

I don't like that Emma can't power walk.

I do like that Santino uses the Cobra to simulate an erection.

Most of all I enjoy that it angers Wrasslegaf Feminists (i.e. biggest perverts in the thread) Aiii and Ithil.

bean breath keeping it real up in this mother.

*Shakes Hand*

I still think they'll resign Deeb eventually.

She's a great wrestler, and she can replace the loss of Kaitlyn's tracts of land.
that'd be rad.

I think she's wrestling Melissa at a local indie around here in a few months, so that'd also be rad.
I love how NJPW and other promotions give a wrestler a tag or phrase with them, like Tetsuya Naito "Stardust Genius" or Shinsuke Nakamura the King of Strong Style - I wish WWE had that. Or did it right.
Yeah, "Main Event Playa" didn't really pan out

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Now that you mention it, I think every major NJPW guy has a nickname.

'All Night Long' Yujiro Takahashi
'YTR' Toru Yano
'The Wrestler' Katsuyori Shibata

Sakuraba already brought IQ wrestler with him

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now that you mention it, I think every major NJPW has a nickname.

They do, even if it's not a huge name they're known by - Minoru Suzuki for instance is "Ill-Natured Man" and shit like that. Shelton Benjamin as Invader X.

Vince "No Chance In Hell" McMahon
"Never Give Up" John Cena

ehh maybe most people do have em. You just gotta look at their shirts.

Curtis "Better Than Perfect" Axel
John "Eat Your Lunch" Morrison"
Dave "Fucked Your Girl" Batista

John Cena- Cahain gang soldier
CM Punk-Straight Edge superstar
Daneil Bryan- American Dragon
Cesaro-Swiss superman
Bray wyatt - Sister Abigails hand
jackswagger- soaring eagle

I want to sign up for the network to see NXT Arrival with you guys, but I'm afraid that my heart can't take it if Bo lost.

Is it a done deal that he'll lose? Or could he retain?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mr No Days Off is a fantastic nickname.

I think I'll report Bronson for offensive language towards the future of NJPW.

somedevil

Here is the updated Wrestle-1/TNA card:

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match
KAI vs. Magnus

TNA Tag Team Title Match
Shuji Kondo & Kaz Hayashi vs. The Wolves

TNA X Division Title Match
Seiya Sanada vs. Austin Aries

Bobby Roode vs. Masakata Funaki

Abyss vs. Yoshihiro Takayama

Kazarian & Daniels vs. Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto

Satoshi Kojima vs. Yasufumi Nakanoue

Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne

Samoa Joe, Rene Dupree & Masayuki Kono vs. The Great Muta, Rob Terry and a mystery partner

Poor Samoa Joe team up with Rene Dupree and two of his opponents can't wrestle due to age or just sucks.

Bronson 'IWA-MS' Lee

Watched Hansen vs Backlund on the WWE Network - not a fan of Stan in the states, he just couldn't wrestle the way he wanted. Especially not for the WWF in a MSG main event against the champ. Funny to hear a few "Howdy Doody" chants from the WWE Universe, circa 1981. Backlund gets in a ton of offence, really makes Stan look like a chump in the outset because he's not out-wrestling Stan, he's out punching him. That'd be kinda like Cena facing Daniel Bryan and out-wrestling him. It's a real shame as well, as just a year previously they tore it up in New Japan, but this match can't compare. Crowd were pretty crazy, though.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
There's only one Kojima worth mentioning.

Yeah, Satoshi Kojima. Two time Triple Crown Champion, two time IWGP Heavyweight Champion, six time IWGP Heayvweight Tag Team Champion and current NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Not some hack video game producer who loathes the very series that has made him famous.

jmdajr

I remember when the Mountie was going around electrocuting people. I'm pretty sure by that point I knew it was a work and was cool with it. But man....it was just way too over the top. Them sound effects man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom