• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge grants stay on Trump ban for people who landed in U.S. with valid visas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Federal court, ACLU and America.

You need to take the next chance...and the next...until the chances are spent.

This is a small victory for America...but a giant one against Trumpland

Keep it going. Don't give up, don't lose hope, don't stop the momentum.

Protesting does help...showing up in large numbers does send a message.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is there precedent for a federal court to go directly against a president's executive order like this?

I kinda hope not, just so that Trump gets the bonus of being the first president to be given such a middle finger like that by the federal courts. It has to be humiliating.

It's a start. But we need to burn every piece of shit executive order Trump signs. Keep tweeting, facebooking, protesting, donating money/time. I know it sounds insane, but the only way we save our country from turning to total shit is to fight with as much as we can all afford every day for four years.

Fuck Trump. Drag him through the mud every single day.

WinFonda

Justice prevails, for now. Get fucked Trump / Bannon.

I hope courts continue to check this fool's power at every opportunity, he's going to reach further and further and find himself in a hole he can't get out of.

the_id

I'm in tears. I just witnessed a country fighting back for her true values!!!

So proud of the American people! Keep the fight going guys!

RPGCrazied

Is there precedent for a federal court to go directly against a president's executive order like this?

I kinda hope not, just so that Trump gets the bonus of being the first president to be given such a middle finger like that by the federal courts. It has to be humiliating.

Trump is like a teenager. Congress/Courts is the parents. They have to punish Trump to let him know he isn't the boss.

Yes it has happened many times before.

Tovarisc

AMqo3zD.png

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/825527335642394624

sflufan

Banned

It kinda happens all the damned time :p

slit

Yes, it's happened many times even as recently as Obama.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Although this is still a small victory, it's tremendously encouraging to know that there are people out there fighting and making a difference. To know that the courts aren't necessarily just standing by and letting Trump do as he please without regard for the law as has seemingly been the case for months now. It was also nice to really be able to identify allies in the ACLU.

HotHamBoy

So, this is an interesting moment in the war.

We, as a people, have incurred a major turnover against a presidential order.

That publicly paints Trump as an adversary. It's going to color everything from here on out.

It has only been a week he pushed his limit.

It's happened before. He might have the distinction of being one of the first to have his EO stayed this quickly, but he's certainly not the first.

That publicly paints Trump as an adversary. It's going to color everything from here on out.

It feels like such a big win, but basically a guy just showed up to do his job and was like "are you fucking serious? This violates every single rule. gtfo"

As someone observing this from Germany, it's really scary that it came this far. Even though it doesn't affect me personally, as a child of two immigrants, it's killing me.

I'm glad about this tiny victory, but please don't ever stop protesting this bullshit. Make your voices heard. Stand up to this madness.

C3TgdXfUkAAE9Mj.jpg:large

Per twitter

It's a start. But we need to burn every piece of shit executive order Trump signs. Keep tweeting, facebooking, protesting, donating money/time. I know it sounds insane, but the only way we save our country from turning to total shit is to fight with as much as we can all afford every day for four years.

Fuck Trump. Drag him through the mud every single day.

A Cardinals fan on GAF :0

the_id

America has had the World's back for a very long time now....I hope the whole World will have her back in ousting this orange fascist.

Boke1879

It feels like such a big win, but basically a guy just showed up to do his job and was like "are you fucking serious? This violates every single rule. gtfo"

We should never downplay our role in the fight against tyranny. I know it sucks we have to even have this discussion and fight, but America is not exempt from it.

We need to keep fighting. We need to celebrate this win today. It was much needed. But the ACLU is already preparing for the big fight in Feb. We need to as well.

We need to celebrate our wins and accept that there will be defeats. But we can never lose sight of the ultimate goal.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Trump will lose the valid visas suit.

Unsure about the other parts.

We should never downplay our role in the fight against tyranny. I know it sucks we have to even have this discussion and fight, but America is not exempt from it.

We need to keep fighting. We need to celebrate this win today. It was much needed. But the ACLU is already preparing for the big fight in Feb. We need to as well.

We need to celebrate our wins and accept that there will be defeats. But we can never lose sight of the ultimate goal.
I agree! I guess I'm just dumbfounded that this is a "fight" in the first place. It's just so baffling that we even got to this point.

Like, of course that's what the judge decided. But we're at the point where that's a big deal and a bit of a surprise.

watershed

Banned

I'm glad protests have been frequent and attention-getting. I'm glad there are at least some means to fight back like the ACLU has done. But Trump is only just getting started and the people have less power in congress and other extensions of Trump's power and agenda.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom