• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge grants stay on Trump ban for people who landed in U.S. with valid visas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, he'll find a way.

5wFLX3k.jpg

Ogodei

I get butterflies in my stomach from excitement just thinking about this scenario.

The meltdown to end all meltdowns.

The thing would be for decent people to organize a boycott of twitter until they declare a policy to ban accounts at the first sign of harassment or racially-motivated hate-speech, retroactive to all accounts that have done so in the past. Civilized society has the power to effect change through mass action, so it should be taken to the platforms that the Fascists have used to assume power and tell those platforms that they must choose: become another Stormfront, or be a place where civil discourse can be held.

mr_nexus

Banned
I'm Canadian but I donated $35 to the ACLU. It doesn't matter what country you're from, we all need to stand up against tyranny.

Cagey

Banned
It's not going to work.

The judiciary is so expansive, so entrenched in American politics, that taking them on is akin to fighting a land war in Afghanistan or assaulting Russia with winter coming.

We should welcome the incoming waste of time and political capital.

Resist and fight, people. Never stop until that citrus colored fascist is out of that chair.

This is the first of many victories, we shall not surrender or fall. Our voices were heard, our protests were seen, and they acted upon it. Never let anyone tell you that protesting doesn't work, for today we seen it did work.

Protesting didn't work. The lawyers who actually did the work, worked.

You would have an argument that protesting worked if Trump reversed the EO due to the protesting. Judges aren't supposed to care about protests, they care about reading and interpreting the law.

Red

This is the Nazgul on Weathertop. The problem is still out there and the odds are still stacked against us. Keep fighting.

Every time ACLU does something like this, I'll give them another $100 to help with the next time. I hope I go broke by the end of four years.

Can twitter actually suspend the Trump twitter account? His tweets are almost hate speech sometimes.

Would be amazing if all Donald had was the POTUS account.

watershed

Banned
Can twitter actually suspend the Trump twitter account? His tweets are almost hate speech sometimes.

Would be amazing if all Donald had was the POTUS account.

I wish they would. Banning his twitter account would legitimately slow the spread of hate. Of course he would still have Facebook and other platforms to jump to, but it would be a blow against his ability to spread hate.

CazTGG

He'll fire all the judges

he can't but probably dumb enough to think he's still on the apprentice

Trump already went after a judge for being Mexican (they were actually an American of Mexican descent) and said they were a "hater" who shouldn't be judging his lawsuit on Trump University. He's going to declare a war on the "corrupt and biased court of haters" for being unfit to judge him and his brilliant ban(non's a racist sack of shit).

Either that or settle.

Trump already went after a judge for being Mexican (they were actually an American of Mexican descent) and said they were a "hater" who shouldn't be judging his lawsuit on Trump University. He's going to declare a war on the "corrupt and biased court of haters" for being unfit to judge him and his brilliant ban(non's a racist sack of shit).

Either that or settle.

This...isn't really something you can settle

Think of how many lawsuits are going to pop out of this just going off of today

Magus1234

Why is the right wing cowering from this( I know why)? I always knew they were racist at some level but not traitors to the mantra of the United States.

Chococat

Protesting didn't work. The lawyers who actually did the work, worked.

You would have an argument that protesting worked if Trump reversed the EO due to the protesting. Judges aren't supposed to care about protests, they care about reading and interpreting the law.

Protesting helped. It brought awareness and much needed funding to the lawyers and the ACLU who did the work.

The Trump tweets resulting from this are going to be great.

Wrong.

They would have known this was going to be shut down and it is just onto the next phase of the plan. It doesn't matter to them now, they "acted" and the "liberal court system" stopped them. Any terrorist attack from now on will be blamed directly on the courts.

Queue more demands for change from idiot America. We need a conservative supreme court where Trump can remove members who do not perform!!!

Etc etc

Gutek

Wrong.

They would have known this was going to be shut down and it is just onto the next phase of the plan. It doesn't matter to them now, they "acted" and the "liberal court system" stopped them. Any terrorist attack from now on will be blamed directly on the courts.

Queue more demands for change from idiot America. We need a conservative supreme court where Trump can remove members who do not perform!!!

Etc etc

Shit. You're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom