• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

xI3pZZ.gif

FEZ is a 2D platformer set in a 3D world.
WTF07.jpg

In it, you play as Gomez, a 2D creature living in what he believes is a 2D world.

WTF04.jpg

Each 3D world has 4 Sides.

You can freely “rotate” your point of view in 90° increments between these 2D perspectives.
WTF03.jpg

The goal of the game is simply to explore, solve puzzles and find treasures!
WTF05.jpg

Release: 25/03/2014 worldwide

Specs:
1080p60fps on PS4, in 3D!
720p/60fps on PS3
Native on Vita

Developed by Polytron, ported by Blitworks
Cross buy and cross save

Awesome soundtrack: disasterpeace.com/album/fez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYL-5N08JtA

Fez homepage http://polytroncorporation.com/what-is-fez
http://blitworks.com/

No reviews yet

thumb_2zmbh7.png

fezgif-19d1c0.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I envy those of you playin it for the first time! Such an amazing experience!!

No guides guys, the puzzles are breathtaking, and keep your notebook handy

ThisOne

Would like to get it on Vita but I'm worried there will be massive slowdown. I'll probably end up just playing it on PS4.

ubercheez

I remember playing the demo for this... like 5 years ago. Somehow, I haven't gotten around to playing the actual game since then. Having it on the Vita might be the perfect option for me!

Have it for PC and have to agree with poster who mentioned screen tearing...there was some other weird problems for me as well. Really excited about playing it on PS4.

Also - this has 3D support, right?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Would like to get it on Vita but I'm worried there will be massive slowdown. I'll probably end up just playing it on PS4.

You have a PS4 and a vita? It's cross buy and cross save, so you can literally try every combination to find your favourite.

Play on PS4, continue on vita
Play on vita, continue on PS4
Remoteplay PS4 version on vita

i'm tempted to buy it, even though i bought it for my mac during the steam sale. i'll probably keep it in mind for when i need some new ps4 material.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Very curious how's the 3D going to work on PS4. Isn't it kind of a cheat to be able to see the planes perpendicular to yours in this game?

KLonso

I'd like to play it on vita, but if that version ends up with framerate issues, I'll have to move to PS3. Pretty much all I know about this game is that it's a platformer with secrets, so I'm looking forward to discovering the secrets and more likely getting woefully stuck.

Tadale

60fps and 1080p on PS4 gives me a good reason to buy it again. And after two years, I might have forgotten some of the puzzles.

EDIT: Also 3D, which is really rad.

I finally get over my dislike of Fish enough to buy his game, and my PSN account is permabanned. Typical. I'd never watched a video of this game before, it looks charming.

oggob

I envy those of you playin it for the first time! Such an amazing experience!!

No guides guys, the puzzles are breathtaking, and keep your notebook handy

This will be me and for the most part I'll be playing on the Vita travelling to and from work, so i guess my question is just how "notebook intensive" will it be?

Is there just a lot of random stuff to remember? Or are there a bunch of things that need to be drawn and worked out kinda stuff also?

wouwie

First Steamworld Dig (which was great), now Fez and then Trials and Child of Light coming in the next few weeks. Awesome line-up of "smaller" digital titles.

Can't wait to finally play this!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
PS4 remote play on Vita. Perhaps no framerate issues.
Nah, you should just play actual Vita version then (which you'll get for free if you buy PS4 version). You don't want a sidescroller like this capped to 30FPS which will be the case if you play over remote.

Ok, Polytron. You gets mah money. In for PS4 version tomorrow.

This month has been great in terms of released content on PS4 via PSN. Towerfall, Luftrausers, and now Fez.

Next month sees Octodad, Mercenary Kings, Binding of Isaac (hopefully), Outlast DLC, Child of Light, and hell maybe even Secret Ponchos? All of those are buys. Good times, my friends.

The Llama

Never played Fez before, and somehow had never really heard of it until recently (I was living under a rock with regards to video games from like 2009 to 2013). So... is it worth it?

Pyccko

So stoked for all you first-time players. This is definitely up there in my all time favorites list.

Top Bottom