• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It's the result of some user ID tomfoolery that prevented me from using my normal handle. It stands for "for great justice," since I'm such a nerd.

OMG, in hindsight I should have guessed that. I've said it IRL. :/

megalowho

My one concern is that I am completely failing to get my head around the "map". I keep going through doors, apparently further and further into the world. The one time I found a warp point that took me "back" to an area I'd already been to, I didn't recognize where I was at all and just went through another door and kept going.
It's a valid critique, though it also adds to the dreamlike quality of the game. Those dead end warps are often faster means of getting around than backtracking through areas. Always a good idea to keep moving forward if you need to reset your bearings, will become familiar before long.

The game is so gorgeous on Vita.

However it seems I am stuck, is there a way to warp to previous places using the map? What do I do when I don't know where to go next?

Chopper

It's a valid critique, though it also adds to the dreamlike quality of the game. Those dead end warps are often faster means of getting around than backtracking through areas. Always a good idea to keep moving forward if you need to reset your bearings, will become familiar before long.
I hope so. The world doesn't seem huge, just intricate. I look forward to becoming more familiar with it. The map is nonsense though.

Just bought the game for ps4. I was excited that it was in 3d but I can't find any options to enable it. Any help?
Apparently it requires unlocking.

Coconut

Banned
so I just got fez on my vita and tried to download it on the PS4 it downloaded but it keeps telling me only the owner of the software can start the application... Wat? help please.

Been playing it the past couple days, cross save on PS4/Vita. Freaking beautiful game, so great. Spinning turtle is the best.

Can someone who's beat the game answer this question with a YES/NO please:

I found one "secret area" (not really) where this stone device recognizes what buttons/direction you press and mimics them.

I found another "secret area" that has a giant telescope that shows you 4 different sets of constellations when you rotate it at night.

Are these two areas/puzzles linked, or are they separate puzzles? A simple YES or NO is all that I need.

I wrote down the shapes for all 4 night views and tried inputting them at the stone, but don't know what order to do them in :/

Great game. Hope Phil Fish comes out of exile and makes another.

Coconut

Banned
Been playing it the past couple days, cross save on PS4/Vita. Freaking beautiful game, so great. Spinning turtle is the best.

I found one "secret area" (not really) where this stone device recognizes what buttons/direction you press and mimics them.

I found another "secret area" that has a giant telescope that shows you 4 different sets of constellations when you rotate it at night.

Are these two areas/puzzles linked, or are they separate puzzles? A simple YES or NO is all that I need.

I wrote down the shapes for all 4 night views and tried inputting them at the stone, but don't know what order to do them in :/

no

fernoca

LkmSPc6.gif

Wow! :O!!! That much? XD!!!!

Anyway, already have this on 360...but planning on getting this just because of buying 3 versions for under $10; with one been 1080p and the other been portable.

EDIT:
Meh! Why not?

DJ88

This thread reminded me I needed to buy Fez. I'm at work so I decided it was the perfect chance to test out buying a game from the Playstation app on my phone. Took like 15 seconds and is currently being downloaded on my PS4 in standby at home. Fucking awesome! This is what I'm loving about next gen so far.

Can't wait to replay this in 1080P 60 FPS goodness.

Turnstyle

I just remembered why I put this to one side on the 360 - I keep wandering through door after door, and getting hopelessly lost. I can't resist seeing what's through there!

I will persevere!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Kinda off topic but I just started this game on PC, I'm starting to understand the hype even if I'm suspecting some of the puzzle to become fucking obtuse. Like, I'm really doubting I'll be able to make sense of the maps I'm finding on my own >_<

SmokyDave

Played about an hour on Vita last night (long enough to get 10 cubes). I love it. Never sucked me in on 360 but it's a perfect fit for a handheld. I plan to play it through on the Vita, and then on the PS4 in 3D.

My one concern is that I am completely failing to get my head around the "map". I keep going through doors, apparently further and further into the world. The one time I found a warp point that took me "back" to an area I'd already been to, I didn't recognize where I was at all and just went through another door and kept going.
Yeah, this was happening to me too. I just went with it.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I plan to play it through on the Vita, and then on the PS4 in 3D.

Shiiit that is a great plan. Novelty of playing it on the Vita and then the novelty of playing it in 3D, no time wasted without novelty haha.

I'm still gonna play it both times on PS3 though :p. I'll leave Vita for those moments where the TV isn't free, I'm sleepy or I'm out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I feel you're supposed to get a bit lost in the game. Strolling about, almost day dreaming. Don't worry about it. The map will always tell you were you need to go back and do additional stuff.

Unfortunately, when it comes to it, it's a bit too easy to get lost in the game. The map is not super intuitive, and not the teleport system either. The biggest con of the game. Other than that, just enjoy the ride, the music, the visual and the puzzles :)

fernoca

Shiiit that is a great plan. Novelty of playing it on the Vita and then the novelty of playing it in 3D, no time wasted without novelty haha.

I'm still gonna play it both times on PS3 though :p. I'll leave Vita for those moments where the TV isn't free, I'm sleepy or I'm out.

You can also play the PS4 version...on the Vita through Remote Play. :p

XaosWolf

Overall I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm looking forward to delving deeper into its world and mysteries. I'm curious about the secrets and hidden language in the game. There were a couple rooms that were marked as having secrets but I literally couldn't find anything I could interact with in them, even after rotating perspectives a ton. Hopefully the language isn't too hard to decode either because it's everywhere.

The room you decode it in is one of my favourite things in gaming. Sheer simple brilliance at work. But bring a pen. =P

Kinda off topic but I just started this game on PC, I'm starting to understand the hype even if I'm suspecting some of the puzzle to become fucking obtuse. Like, I'm really doubting I'll be able to make sense of the maps I'm finding on my own >_<

If you mean the maps you pick up, you'll recognise the rooms the rooms when you're in them. You can check them in your inventory at any time if you need to check. =)

Extra Hints if you need them:
Device:
The monolith with the screen is teaching you.
There's likely a puzzle in there for you anyway.

Observatory:
Stay put.
Observatory again:
Blink-blink. =)

Fez hints can allow you to be wonderfully vague. =D

Silurus

Shared. All cross-save/cross-buy games are shared.

Not true. Sound Shapes and several others have separate trophy lists.

SteamWorld Dig (not sure if it's cross save but is cross buy) is a strange one. It has a shared PS4 and Vita list plus a separate Vita list.

GlamFM

Banned
Played it for two hours on the PS4 yesterday - got to NG+ when I played it on 360.

Forgot how fucking epic the opening of this game is.

The art, the fantastic music from Disasterpiece, the sound effects. Amazing.

So many little hints dropped right at the beginning!

Don´t worry first timers - you wont be able to see or make sense of them just now.

Phil, if you are reading this - get back to work on FEZ II.

Please!

RpgN

The demo was so relaxing, it was an instant buy after that.

Did anyone notice the huge The Legend of Zelda influence? From the fairy with the way it speaks, to the sound effects and when you open chests :3

Turnstyle

The demo was so relaxing, it was an instant buy after that.

Did anyone notice the huge The Legend of Zelda influence? From the fairy with the way it speaks, to the sound effects and when you open chests :3

And the poster in your room!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Alright loaded it up on my Vita and got the 2nd cube. How smooth is that, cross-save works perfectly. Is this is how it works with FFX as well? (except for the stupid games having to be purchased separately bit!).

So that means I can get 3 x the trophies right, like in other cross-save/buy games like soundshapes?

No, as the poster above you said Soundshapes is an example where you get multiple trophies.

But in this case there is 1 trophy across all platforms.

Alright, even though I'm not looking for a walkthrough, I got one more question:

I've collected 4 treasure maps. The 4th one makes sense, as it's a picture of two floating areas and secret steps to get to one.

However, the first 3 I collected are all weird markings on a picture of... a box with windows or something.

Am I going to figure out how to use the first three later on in the game, or should I have figured it out by now?

madmackem

I just remembered why I put this to one side on the 360 - I keep wandering through door after door, and getting hopelessly lost. I can't resist seeing what's through there!

I will persevere!

This this this, haha, i put a fair chunk into the 360 version at launch at the game made me feel dumb as fuck. Bought it again because its a great price for a fantastic title but damn im right back to feeling super dumb again haha.

GlamFM

Banned
Alright, even though I'm not looking for a walkthrough, I got one more question:

I've collected 4 treasure maps. The 4th one makes sense, as it's a picture of two floating areas and secret steps to get to one.

However, the first 3 I collected are all weird markings on a picture of... a box with windows or something.

Am I going to figure out how to use the first three later on in the game, or should I have figured it out by now?

Later.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
If you mean the maps you pick up, you'll recognise the rooms the rooms when you're in them. You can check them in your inventory at any time if you need to check. =)
I won't torture myself over those for the moment and keep looking for shiny cubes. Thing is for the moment, I don't even know what I'm looking at with those "maps" lol.

Is it me or the weird cube thing you see during the loading screens you get when changing zones is an hypercube projection in a 3D space? Looks like it but I'm not sure.

The reboot thing at the begenning of the game was awesome :)

However, is there an easy way to know if you completed an area ? Like you got all the yellow pieces ? The map is not really clear.

GlamFM

Banned
The reboot thing at the begenning of the game was awesome :)

However, is there an easy way to know if you completed an area ? Like you got all the yellow pieces ? The map is not really clear.

Areas in which you have completed EVERYTHING will have golden borders on the worldmap.

Top Bottom